Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2002, 02:46 PM   #1101
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

I just saw Eärniel's response to E XK - actually, that's what I thought, too! Wonderful, huh? ARGH!

I have bad dreams about the dentist, too. Yuck! I finally forced myself to go after not going for 8 years. Not too bad, only 1 filling and 1 crown. I found something that helped me, though - I ran out and bought one of those little personal cd players and just blasted my favorite music (thru the headphones) during the whole crown procedure. It helped me a lot. Maybe it would help you guys - give it a shot. And when you have a big procedure, so much of the time is just waiting with stuff in your mouth, trying not to drool everywhere - music makes it a little more bearable. Sorry to hear about everyone's teeth problems - it just gives me the shivers to hear about busted teeth and exposed nerves ... ugh! That NHS sounds really lame to leave you guys with busted teeth for days.

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Old 10-08-2002, 03:04 PM   #1102
TinuvielChild
Padawan

Evil, evil Bio class and violin lessons. Taking up too much of my time. Sleep? What is this concept of which you speak?

Dance as though nobody's watching.
Sing as though nobody's listening.
Dream as though you'll live forever.
Live as though you'll die tomorrow.

EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMEDDCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO and proud!

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
Old 10-08-2002, 03:18 PM   #1103
Rûdhaglarien
Elven Warrior

Biology.Oral.Ugh. Jack and I sucked... hey, at least I know what kind of a fox you would find in a Temperate Deciduous Forest, now.
Yeah. Sleep. Right.
Old 10-08-2002, 04:33 PM   #1104
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Quote:
Originally posted by Rûdhaglarien
hey, at least I know what kind of a fox you would find in a Temperate Deciduous Forest, now.
Hey, that sounds like a question that the guy guarding the bridge in "Monty Python and the Holy Grail" would ask! Maybe it will save your life someday....

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Old 10-08-2002, 06:44 PM   #1105
entss89
lord of the ents

ohhh i hate peaches! they make me think of leather! i hate eating leather it taste nasty! trust me i know.
Old 10-08-2002, 07:52 PM   #1106
crickhollow
The Buckleberry Fairy/Captain

You know that life has been good when the Venting Thread becomes somewhat of a stranger to you, but no more. Life is bad again. It was almost good.
To set the stage: I was sitting in Major Authors class, and we were about to begin day 3 of our discussion on King Lear. I had just remarked to the girl on my right that we had our mid-term exam coming up on Thursday.

The prof comes in and announces that he would like to make a change in the schedule, and have the mid-term next tuesday instead. we heartily applaude the suggestions, and persuade the two nay-sayers (why? I don't know) to change their votes (the good Dr. said that the vote had to be unanimous). Sighs of relief were audible. Certain doom had been warded off for another five days.

now for the clincher: some girl comes in late, and when the prof informs her of the vote, she declared that had 'plans' that day, and couldn't possibly take the mid-term on tuesday.

because we needed a unanimous vote to change what had already been scheduled on the syllabus, we are indeed taking the mid-term in two days.

I wonder how she endured sitting for 75 minutes in a room with 31 people who wanted to wring her neck? *evil grin*
Old 10-08-2002, 10:43 PM   #1107
Menelvagor
Elf Lord

*sigh* Curses upon all homework that keeps me from mooting! You realize I've had to write an essay every night this week?
Old 10-09-2002, 04:55 AM   #1108
Elfmaster XK
Possessive Villain Fancier

Quote:
Originally posted by Eärniel
Me thinks he likes you.

Nice analysis. I think with half a brain cell i could have got that one on my own.

But guess what, i don't like him, at all, he's a complete muppet, and i refuse to associate with him. I can't get rid of him even by being mean to him! And i don't usually be mean on purpose. ARRRRRGGG!!!!

Quote:
E XK - your vent was SOOOO BAD that it was funny!!! (the irritating guy at old work quitting then wanting to work at your new work) Isn't that the way things go all too often? It's a pain to quit and find a new job, your only consolation was "at least I'll be away from that stupid guy", then ...... *tries not to giggle* sorry, I really do feel bad for you, and hope he doesn't get a job there!! UGH - where do some of these irritating people come from?
Oh really? Next time something awful/annoying happens in your life, i'll remember to laugh too.

My soul is painted like the wings of butterflies,
Fairytales of yesterday will grow but never die,
I can fly - my friends.

XK
Old 10-09-2002, 12:05 PM   #1109
Rían

E XK - I'm sorry if you thought I was really laughing AT you or your misfortune - I thought it was pretty clear from my post that I was trying to laugh with you at the general frustration and absurdity that life sometimes throws at us. I know your fellow-workers can really make or break a job, and I really hope he doesn't get the job there with you. Sorry I offended you - please forgive me, it was certainly unintentional.

You are welcome to laugh at the "annoying" things that happen in my life (for me, it makes it easier if someone laughs at things like that with me, but maybe it doesn't for you), but I appreciate sympathy for the "awful" things that happen, and I guess this was more awful than annoying for you, so I send lots of sympathy to you thru the Entmoot wires now.

Vent - I'm so sick of bills and paperwork!!! - there is just mounds of it sitting waiting to be ploughed thru. And so much of it involves phone calls and follow-up. I finally got a headset to deal with the hours on the phone battling with insurance stuff (one of the kids has some medical issues). Last year before a surgery I had to spend so much time fighting with them over some issues that I was actually on the phone while we were on a family vacation, and the issue didn't get resolved until the day before surgery! Stupid insurance beancounters - they just hope you'll wear down and give up *sigh*. I think your NHS people are close relatives with our insurance people over here....

Last edited by Rían : 10-09-2002 at 12:19 PM.
Old 10-09-2002, 02:49 PM   #1110
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Sorry EXK, I really didn't mean to make you mad. I've got a very good excuse: I'm stupid.

*hands EXK a virtual glass of alcoholic substance in the hope it cheers her up a bit*
Old 10-09-2002, 11:36 PM   #1111
Tanoliel
Eccentric Chocolate Crow

*hands EXK a box marked 'sympathy'. * Have some from a fellow pirate.

Vent: Fate sucks. And that is all.
Anti-vent: EG is coming to visit from College! Yippee!
-tano

Food Of The Gods:
3,7-dihydro-3,7-dimethyl-1H-purine-2,6-dione

Feed Me....

Another Online Dwelling Place...

"All right, I confess. It is my intention to comandeer a ship, pick up a crew in Tortuga, to rape, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out." -Captain Jack Sparrow

"The trouble with unknown enemies is that they are so difficult to identify." -Amelia Peabody Emerson

"Most people obey the orders of someone who is pointing a gun at their head." -A.P. Emerson

Old 10-10-2002, 01:08 AM   #1112
TinuvielChild
Padawan

Grrr..I hate my Latin teacher. I hadn't done my 2 page Latin assignment (2 pages of translations. Eurgh.), so I got 6 points deducted (for 3 homework assignments). Yick. Plus, Cahill caught me writing my English assignment (a scene using atmosphere) in class. I had done it, really I had, but it totally sucked, so I was redoing it (oh, by the way, all you schnooglists, it was a fanfic. Look for it soon on the DarkArts). He ripped it up! Fortunately, I was only a paragraph in.

Plus, Slytherin team came in second at the Harry Potter Trivia game that I participated in today! Slytherins (my team, duh) are second to none! Except the Ravenclaws, I guess...but the Ravenclaw team captain should, by rights, have been a Slytherin.

Dance as though nobody's watching.
Sing as though nobody's listening.
Dream as though you'll live forever.
Live as though you'll die tomorrow.

EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMEDDCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO and proud!

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
Old 10-10-2002, 02:26 AM   #1113
Eruviel Greenleaf
Alcoholic Villain-Fancying Elf Pirate

Quote:
Originally posted by Elfmaster XK
But guess what, i don't like him, at all, he's a complete muppet, and i refuse to associate with him. I can't get rid of him even by being mean to him! And i don't usually be mean on purpose. ARRRRRGGG!!!!
*MOOTHUG!*
*hands E XK a box of sympathy, chocolates, and bottle of whiskey*
I had a similiar problem. I ended up being kinda mean and while it worked, I felt kinda bad...

I finally get to vent! woohoo!
Oh, right...venting. I've wanted to vent for about a week and a half and haven't been able to so forgive me if this is rather long...

I hate waiting around in train stations, when my train has been delayed. Not to mention horribly long train rides. But then again it's nice to be home!

Big vent: My email hasn't been working for a week and a half and I couldnt' post and the only reason I can post now is because I'm at home. ARGH That was the most maddening thing!

I'm kinda scared to step back into my old school again, but i have to tomorrow because i told tano i'd meet her there and it's too late to change plans. i don't want to go back in there! not yet, and not without some friends who also graguated!

Someone leaned my foam sword against the wall with the point on the ground and now it's all bent and ruined! And it was a new sword! It still works, but it looks silly now! ARRRRR

I have lots more to vent about but I'm getting sick of typing

Tano--got to agree with you on fate. and have to agree on the anti-vent, too!

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found only a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse is superior to the world."
-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Old 10-10-2002, 09:53 AM   #1114
Elfmaster XK

Quote:
Originally posted by RÃ*an
E XK - I'm sorry if you thought I was really laughing AT you or your misfortune...
Quote:
Sorry EXK, I really didn't mean to make you mad. I've got a very good excuse: I'm stupid.

*hands EXK a virtual glass of alcoholic substance in the hope it cheers her up a bit*
Uh, i think i owe you two a bit of an apology. I just re-read what i wrote and it was quite mean. I have warned you all against my sarcasm, but i was really really hacked off that day, and i just snapped and took it out on you, so sorry. I didn't mean it.

Quote:
hands EXK a box marked 'sympathy'. * Have some from a fellow pirate.
Quote:
*MOOTHUG!*
*hands E XK a box of sympathy, chocolates, and bottle of whiskey*
I had a similiar problem. I ended up being kinda mean and while it worked, I felt kinda bad...

Thanks everyone for the sympathy, and the alcohol! You're all such nice people you don't deserve to have to put up with me! I'm evil. *MOOTHUG* YAY!!! I love moothugs! Thing is EG, you mush have a conscience, i don't feel this guilt, except when i yell at people like Eärniel and Rìan who weren't trying to annoy me.

Anyway, i'm glad you are home and able to talk again!

Oh, and Tano, i hate fate too, but i apparently have bad karma, so if that is so, i hate that too.

Almost forgot, nice title EG! I see the board now has it's second alcoholic (elf pirate) villain fancier

I can fly - my friends.

XK

Last edited by Elfmaster XK : 10-10-2002 at 09:56 AM.
Old 10-10-2002, 12:13 PM   #1115
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Don't worry about it EXK, I know how it's like. Some days you're just so pissed off that you're ready to kick people on the street just because the way they look at you annoys you. I remember once kicking our garage door because I had had a really really bad day and that door didn't open fast enough to my liking. I won't be doing that again! I was even more angry afterwards because I hurt my foot. Had any one said anything at all to me at that time I would have ripped his throath out!

Moothug!
Old 10-10-2002, 12:38 PM   #1116
Elfmaster XK

Thank you for not being mad at me.

I am a depressed angst-ridden teenager who doesn't know how confront her inner demons so takes it out verbally on other people. That's a quote from something, i can't remember what though.

And about the hitting stuff, i tend to smash stuff! And listen to angry music.

I can fly - my friends.

XK
Old 10-10-2002, 12:57 PM   #1117
Rían

No problem, EXK and I hope that guy gets a job at the NHS! Sounds like he's fit right in...

It's been over a month since I've shot off an arrow now - stupid soccer season!! *sigh* and it's a cold and foggy day, and I have a sore throat and I feel like worse is on the way, and today is really really busy and I want to curl up in bed with a cup of hot tea but I can't, gotta go...

Old 10-10-2002, 01:28 PM   #1118
Rían

Um, EXK - saw your PM and tried to respond, but your mailbox is full, and it wouldn't let me send anything to you! So I'm posting here in hopes that you'll see it and do some mailbox-cleaning-out. I'll try again later, hopefully after you've deleted some stuff.

Last edited by Rían : 10-10-2002 at 01:30 PM.
Old 10-10-2002, 02:28 PM   #1119
sun-star
Lady of Letters

I have to go to France this weekend. And why is this a bad thing? Because I have so much homework and so many essays to do before Monday, so I will have no time at all.

And I don't speak French.
For centuries to come, when not a soul
Is left to picnic on the blazing rocks,
When England is not England, when mankind
Has blown himself to pieces. Still the sea,
Consolingly disastrous, will return
While the strange starfish, hugely magnified,
Waits in the jewelled basin of a pool.
Old 10-10-2002, 02:33 PM   #1120
Arathorn
Bard of Mangled Songs

Quote:
Originally posted by Elfmaster XK
Thank you for not being mad at me.

I am a depressed angst-ridden teenager who doesn't know how confront her inner demons so takes it out verbally on other people. That's a quote from something, i can't remember what though.

And about the hitting stuff, i tend to smash stuff! And listen to angry music.
HAH! And you call yourself EVIL! All apologetic and all. Yeah right. You are too good to be evil... You have such a good consciense. Nuff said.

Accio, Ash Nazg!

Elennuru s?*la lúmenn' omentielvo (The Death Star shines on the hour of our meeting) - Darth Arathorn

Put aside the ranger...
Start looking for Mumakil action figures...
Closed Thread