Make that 'Villains'

My soul is painted like the wings of butterflies,
Fairytales of yesterday will grow but never die,
I can fly - my friends.

XK
Old 01-31-2003, 03:41 PM   #2
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

ah...Rian, from the looks of things, I'd say your husband has a few "issues" with internet picture posting also!

You look just like you did in the psychedelic pix, (minus the trippy colors) Wonderful!!
Old 01-31-2003, 05:23 PM   #3
Coney
The Buddy Rabbit

Hey Rian you look just how I thought you would Except thinner (don't ask me to explain the rationale on that...rabbits ain't good at being rational )

Hubby with a shotgun!

Think I'll watch what I say in future

Lovely pic

Beatallica
Old 01-31-2003, 06:18 PM   #4
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Thanks, Coney! Did you imagine me like a plump grandmotherly type? Reminds me of Barbara Bush, our First Lady a few presidents ago (and mother of our current president). She's a bit plump, but really witty and wise. She was commenting on Nancy Reagan, who is very petite (a size 4), and said "Size 4? My left leg is a size 4!"

Yes, Lizra, he doesn't quite trust the Internet (with good reason, unfortunately, for a small percentage of Internet people), and said I could only put up a pic of me if he was in it, too. I just HAD to have the laundry detergent in the pic, crick! (I wondered who would identify it first) and he good-naturedly agreed to pose with his rifle Looks tough, doesn't he - watch out, people!

Thanks, EXK, for getting it posted for me! I have no idea why it's fuzzy, it was clear on the digital camera . Oh well.

Hey Wayfarer, could you add me to your cast of characters post? And I agree with BoP - keep the 'schroom cropped, it looks much better!

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Old 01-31-2003, 06:30 PM   #5
Elfmaster XK
Possessive Villain Fancier

Quote:
Originally posted by RÃ*an

Thanks, EXK, for getting it posted for me! I have no idea why it's fuzzy, it was clear on the digital camera . Oh well.
Not a problem! Am here to help.

My soul is painted like the wings of butterflies,
Fairytales of yesterday will grow but never die,
I can fly - my friends.

XK
Old 01-31-2003, 06:36 PM   #6
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by RÃ*an
Yes, Lizra, he doesn't quite trust the Internet (with good reason, unfortunately, for a small percentage of Internet people), and said I could only put up a pic of me if he was in it, too. I just HAD to have the laundry detergent in the pic, crick! (I wondered who would identify it first) and he good-naturedly agreed to pose with his rifle Looks tough, doesn't he - watch out, people!
I seem to be the only one who missed that particular photo...

*starts to wonder if she needs glasses*

EDIT: Never mind, I found it.

Last edited by Earniel : 01-31-2003 at 06:41 PM.
Old 01-31-2003, 06:37 PM   #7
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

What does Insidious look like?

ok Im reposting this here from the other picture thread since I dont want to glut that one up with useless text posts (like this one). For anyone who wants to take a shot (pot shot?). Fire away

What does Insidious look like?

Hey ok Im gonna try a new twist on this. First I want to know what people THINK I look like. Based on well.... I dont know.... how I talk, the conversations Ive had with people on here or online, a predisposition you once had with some guy named Rex in 4th grade, whatever. Then post your thoughts to the OTHER pic of me thread (or through PM if you prefer) and eventually Ill post my pic here and whoever was closest gets a signed copy of my beaming face. Or a roll of toilet paper. Either way.

But i always find it amusing how people think you look before they know what you look like. And yeah feel free to send me actual pictures (drawings, animations, cut and paste defation horrors, knock yourselves out) if you want to do more then just the typical height hair color generic descriptions. whatever gives you more room to show me as the monster that I am......

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
Old 01-31-2003, 08:07 PM   #8
afro-elf
Hoplite Nomad

Wayfarer
what happened to your afro?

She was kown as dernhelm because of her exclaimation when she realized that the rider's headgear was heavy and obscured her sight.

'Dern Helm"

Culled from Entmoot From Kirinski 57 and Wayfarer.
Old 01-31-2003, 08:10 PM   #9
afro-elf
Hoplite Nomad

Artanis you asked what I thought your ethnic back ground was.

I will say Korean.

She was kown as dernhelm because of her exclaimation when she realized that the rider's headgear was heavy and obscured her sight.

'Dern Helm"

Culled from Entmoot From Kirinski 57 and Wayfarer.
Old 01-31-2003, 08:10 PM   #10
Wayfarer
The Insufferable

I had to cut it when I went off to uni.
Old 01-31-2003, 08:36 PM   #11
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Here's the link to mine, on the other thread : RÃ*an

And I would like to point out my Christmas gift, which you can see over my right shoulder - my beautiful new 26-string harp!

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Last edited by Rían : 01-31-2003 at 08:59 PM.
Old 01-31-2003, 09:23 PM   #12
Sminty_Smeagol
Manic Cardboard-Box Dweller

Rian, is it a Celtic or a pedal harp?? I've been taking harp lessons since like november... but because of the holidays I've only had a few. And I have a rented celtic harp(MINE has 34 strings! so ha! jp)... I can upload a pic of it if you would like to see it. How long have you been playing harp?
Old 01-31-2003, 09:26 PM   #13
Sminty_Smeagol

Ok I dunno what we're doing, are we like, using this thread more for comments and stuff? if so, here's a link to my pic/page: http://www.geocities.com/sminty_eclipse/Sminty.html

Oooo and it has Unregistered on it too, cuz he doesn't have a page to upload his pic to. Poor deprived child
Old 01-31-2003, 10:29 PM   #14
wahine
The Original Amazonian Coconut

OOC: Sminty. Your hand sign. The Y means something. I think it really is genuine Hawaiian, but the Yanks thought they were...what did you say? Ah yes "Gay thugs" and took it.

It's a shaka. It can mean alot of things. "Hello" "What's up" "hang loose" "great ride", all possitive.

Unless you give it to an LA Gang member, and then it may get you shot.
Old 02-01-2003, 12:09 AM   #15
Rían

Quote:
Originally posted by Sminty_Smeagol
Rian, is it a Celtic or a pedal harp?? I've been taking harp lessons since like november... but because of the holidays I've only had a few. And I have a rented celtic harp(MINE has 34 strings! so ha! jp)... I can upload a pic of it if you would like to see it. How long have you been playing harp?
It's not a pedal harp, so does that mean it's a Celtic harp? I don't know But it's a lovely harp! Great sound! I took a long time picking it out, each harp has such an individual 'voice'.

My mom has been playing for about 12 years and has a little travel harp (21 strings and pretty plunky sounding, but very portable), a Celtic harp (30? strings), and a big, honkin' gut-strung monster pedal harp, the kind you see in orchestras. I kind of taught myself, with a few pointers from her as far as hand position, etc. since Feb. or so, on her travel harp, which she loaned to me. I just sounded out the songs I liked and played them.

Then when I got the harp for Christmas, the lady that owned the store said "get lessons NOW before your bad habits get ingrained!", so I did, and I've only had 1 lesson so far, but what a huge difference!! I can tell it will be HUGELY helpful. We'll have to figure out how to load sound files so we can hear each other!

I'd love to see you and your harp (even if you DO have more strings than I do ). Don't you absolutely LOVE it?! I just love the way you hold it right up close to you as you play, and you can actually feel the music through the soundbox. I played piano, so it made it fairly easy to transfer over. Mine has sharping levers on every string, too, which makes it very easy to change keys.

GO TOLKIEN-LOVING HARPISTS!!!!

Old 02-01-2003, 12:27 AM   #16
Sminty_Smeagol

YEAH!!! lol my harp has a kind of plunky sound. It's a celtic harp/ lever harp (the kind where you make the sharps by lifting the little levers at the top, probably the same kind you have), and I didn't have much of a selection. Harp seems to be an elite instrument, atleast where I'm located, and we had to drive 4 hours out to Orlando, FL to get a plunky sounding celtic harp (i didn't get a selection...). Well it's really not that bad but after having lessons on my teacher's lovely, rich pedal harp, my harp seems kind of lame lol I'll upload a pic of my harp to my webpage later
Old 02-03-2003, 01:05 PM   #17
Rían

Yeah, the U.S. is not exactly filled with "Harps-R-Us" stores, is it? I'm lucky, the only harps-only store west of the Mississippi is an hour away from me. Yes, the levers that make the string go up a half step are called 'sharping levers'. It makes it extremely handy to change keys; before, I had to re-tune every string that needed adjustment when I changed keys.

Old 02-09-2003, 07:15 PM   #18
Rána Eressëa
The Rogue Elf

I don't believe it possible to have more than one attachment in a post, so I'll be posting a couple of times for the new pics I've just had taken today.

Here's the first one, of course: me and my trusty (not to mention drowsy) evil side-kick cat --- Poe.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg heather01.jpg (9.6 KB, 418 views)
Old 02-09-2003, 07:19 PM   #19
Rána Eressëa
The Rogue Elf

Me, looking somewhat like a zombie . . .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg zombie.jpg (9.5 KB, 415 views)
Old 02-09-2003, 07:20 PM   #20
Rána Eressëa
The Rogue Elf

And, last but not least (then again . . . ), here I am trying to look normal. And failing horribly, no doubt.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg heather03.jpg (8.8 KB, 380 views)
Closed Thread