Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2004, 08:29 PM   #1061
Mercutio

They already know I'm a girl. If you dig around (or do a search for posts with the word "Mercutio" or "Merc" or look earlier in this thread) you can find some interesting conversations...at one point I was also a sibling to some other people on the moot (as well as being a guy).

Interested in C.S. Lewis? Visit the forum dedicated
to one of Tolkien's greatest contemporaries.

Last edited by Mercutio : 09-19-2004 at 10:14 PM. Reason: this is a test; new edit--back to normal
Old 09-19-2004, 01:33 AM   #1062
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

T.D., ya got the dark hair part right, but off the handle on the short thing. One out of 2 ain't that bad...

*grins at Shelob's huby* Ah, heck, least it was a handsome descrip even if wrong....*sheepish grin* And I shall indeed go hunting for your posts, as I have nothing better to do at the moment.
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
Old 09-19-2004, 02:42 AM   #1063
Telcontar_Dunedain
Warrior of the House of Hador

What about me?
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

The Silmarillion, Nirnaeth Arnoediad, Page 230
Old 09-19-2004, 10:49 AM   #1064
Shelob's Hubby
Enting

I envision a skinny, geeky, pale 14 year old male, with bad acne and a slight lisp. Just kidding!!!

I think so Brain, but without ears, we look like weasels.

"The next time I lent an ax to a surgeon, I would pick my century." A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court.

The Last Alliance of Orcs and Spiders
Old 09-19-2004, 03:16 PM   #1065
Telcontar_Dunedain

You are wrong on all (apart from male!).
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

Old 09-19-2004, 04:35 PM   #1066
Shelob's Hubby
Enting

Seriously, I think of you as a well-clad, fatherly-type who would be comfortable either sitting around in the Oxford library smoking a pipe or walking briskly to a company meeting.

I think so Brain, but without ears, we look like weasels.

"The next time I lent an ax to a surgeon, I would pick my century." A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court.

The Last Alliance of Orcs and Spiders
Old 09-19-2004, 04:51 PM   #1067
Telcontar_Dunedain

Not quite that old yet!

Old 09-19-2004, 07:57 PM   #1068
trolls' bane
Entmoot Secretary of the Treasury

Well, I have to wonder what you guys think about me. Other than that description that was given that made me sound like Gollum.
I dare someone to describe my personality, but if they can, they should be made eligeble for the Nobel Prize.
Old 09-19-2004, 10:00 PM   #1069
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by The last sane person
long time since i visited this thread....I picture Mercutio as more of a sharp faced tallish man with brown short hair....in some stylish and elegent clothes.....with a raipier....(gotta be the avvy that gives me that impression...)
Deceived by the avatar, eh? I imagined Mertucio with short dark brown hair, about 5 foot 9. Nice clothing. Then I found out he was a she . Now I'll go about shoulder length light brown hair- possibly blond. A little shorter then 5 foot 9, with clothing rather 18 hundreds . . . the checkered dress and head scarf like my sister wears.

Last sane person, I imagine you as a tall individual with auburn hair, a handsome face and a friendly disposition. A little much for a little chap like me . . . or I might be little . . . probably am little . . .
Quote:
Originally Posted by trolls' bane
Well, I have to wonder what you guys think about me. Other than that description that was given that made me sound like Gollum.
Actually I imagine you rather short, with glasses (though not needing them much) and very short dark brown hair.
Quote:
I dare someone to describe my personality, but if they can, they should be made eligeble for the Nobel Prize.
Personality: Rather precise, liking to look to facts. Warm hearted and enjoying making friends. A little bit of a pain on closer acquaintance (I don't know you- you dared me, though ). Greatly enjoying friendships, and a little too easily controlled by friends. Some very neat interests, such as writing. Not extremely physical, but fairly good at some physical sports. Does running at times, or perhaps boxing? Is knowledgable in school subjects.

Note: I know you very little! I'm enjoying guessing, though .
If the world has indeed, as I have said, been built of sorrow, it has been built by the hands of love, because in no other way could the soul of man, for whom the world was made, reach the full stature of its perfection.

~Oscar Wilde, written from prison

Oscar Wilde's last words: "Either the wallpaper goes, or I do."
Old 09-19-2004, 10:09 PM   #1070
Mercutio

Quote:
I dare someone to describe my personality, but if they can, they should be made eligible for the Nobel Prize.
I'll take you up on that offer

Actually I've changed my mind; I can't think of interesting adjectives right now. (And must...do....journalism...homework).

Btw, Shelob's Hubby can juggle.

Telecontar_Dunedain--are you hmm

12 years old . . . (That was a guess... jk)

or 154 months old
or 669 weeks old
or 4686 days old

And, your next birthday is in:
63 days

Go here to calculate it (http://javascript.internet.com/calcu...alculator.html). If you know the time it gives you milliseconds--wow; my life is ticking by in front of me.

Old 09-19-2004, 10:09 PM   #1071
trolls' bane

Go Leif! Not far off. In fact, you're almost exactly right. A few slight corrections to make, after someone else tries. Just add a little more.
As for my appearence, you couldn't be more precise, except I haven't got those glasses yet, but I'm thinking I may need some eventually. As for my hair, it is short, most of the time, but it tends to get up to an inch, and by that time it's driving me crazy.
And I do enjoy making friends, just look at some of my posts to make a few modifications to that statement .
Are you sure you don't know me in some way?
Old 09-19-2004, 10:23 PM   #1072
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Quote:
Go Leif! Not far off. In fact, you're almost exactly right. A few slight corrections to make, after someone else tries. Just add a little more.
As for my appearence, you couldn't be more precise, except I haven't got those glasses yet, but I'm thinking I may need some eventually. As for my hair, it is short, most of the time, but it tends to get up to an inch, and by that time it's driving me crazy.
And I do enjoy making friends, just look at some of my posts to make a few modifications to that statement .
Are you sure you don't know me in some way?
Lol. No, I've read a few of your posts, but I had virtually nothing to go from. That was just how I imagine you.
If the world has indeed, as I have said, been built of sorrow, it has been built by the hands of love, because in no other way could the soul of man, for whom the world was made, reach the full stature of its perfection.

Old 09-19-2004, 10:25 PM   #1073
trolls' bane

How about this:
Look at a few posts from today that I wrote in the Teacup Cafe .
Old 09-19-2004, 10:28 PM   #1074
Mercutio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lief Erikson
Deceived by the avatar, eh? I imagined Mertucio with short dark brown hair, about 5 foot 9. Nice clothing. Then I found out he was a she . Now I'll go about shoulder length light brown hair- possibly blond. A little shorter then 5 foot 9, with clothing rather 18 hundreds . . . the checkered dress and head scarf like my sister wears.
ok...shoulder length? Basically, now a tad longer. Its brown; not mousy brown, just brown. A little shorter than 5' 9". About 5' 7 1/2" I believe. 1800s clothing? not quite , though I wouldn't mind it. I should have a nice picture to post in a few weeks.

Last edited by Mercutio : 09-19-2004 at 10:29 PM.
Old 09-19-2004, 10:30 PM   #1075
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

I said light brown, not mousy brown. Though if I thought "mousy brown", I might think of a different choice of words .

Old 09-19-2004, 10:33 PM   #1076
Mercutio

Well I'm just pointing out its not that anyway, lol. I suppose it could be called dark brown. And my eye color? That's tough. They're blue/grey/green all at once. (no, no one mentioned it)

Nice to know you wouldn't say 'mousy'

Old 09-19-2004, 10:34 PM   #1077
trolls' bane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercutio
And my eye color? That's tough. They're blue/grey/green all at once.
What a coincidence!
Old 09-19-2004, 10:35 PM   #1078
Mercutio

Quote:
What a coincidence!

hmm? elaborate?

I can never decide what color they are; its a blend of all those.

Old 09-19-2004, 10:36 PM   #1079
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telcontar_Dunedain
You are wrong on all (apart from male!).
Not having read anything they wrote, I'll guess myself .

Big (not fat, but thick), brawny, a not very well shaven face, enjoys and is skilled at several types of sports (football among them). Has a ring, but no tattoos.

Old 09-19-2004, 10:37 PM   #1080
Mercutio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lief Erikson
Not having read anything they wrote, I'll guess myself .

Big (not fat, but thick), brawny, a not very well shaven face, enjoys and is skilled at several types of sports (football among them). Has a ring, but no tattoos.

He's 12, at least we know that for a fact. Maybe into hockey?

Closed Thread