Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2002, 02:30 AM   #1041
cassiopeia
Viggoholic

Sorry about the headache, BoP. I have to whinge about something: this morning I was in bed listening to the greatest band ever (The Beatles) and perhaps the greatest album ever (Abbey Road) when my stupid sister comes in (we share a room) and turns it down and says its 'horrible and loud'. Geez, it wasn't even loud and how can she say its horrible, with the crap she listens too!
Old 10-02-2002, 02:47 AM   #1042
Cirdan
Elf Lord of the Grey Havens

the horror... the horror. Cass you live with a barbarian.
There exists a limit to the force even ther most powerful may apply without destroying themselves. Judging this limit is the true artistry of government. Misuse of power is the fatal sin. The law cannot be a tool of vengance, never a hostage, nor a fortification against the martyrs it has created. You cannot threaten any individual and escape the consequences.

-Muad'dib on Law
The Stilgar Commentary
Old 10-02-2002, 02:56 AM   #1043
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Cass, if I could, I'd come over there and do something terrible and nameless to her! Some people have no taste!
Old 10-02-2002, 03:04 AM   #1044
cassiopeia
Viggoholic

Thank you, you've made me feel better. Now I have something else to vent about: I've done something to my computer and now I can't open web addresses from Outlook, so I have to search for the threads on Entmoot.
Old 10-02-2002, 06:49 AM   #1045
TinuvielChild
Padawan

I. Hate. My. Life. Can't explain now, must finish homework that I didn't do last night because of various things and is due in less than an hour and will probably cause me to fail no less than 2 classes if I don't get it done. Will explain later, when I have more time.

Dance as though nobody's watching.
Sing as though nobody's listening.
Dream as though you'll live forever.
Live as though you'll die tomorrow.

EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMEDDCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO and proud!

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
Old 10-02-2002, 09:12 AM   #1046
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Gah! It's again postponed! The schoolyear has started 3 bloody weeks ago and I still haven't been able to get enough courses together. Stupid IAJ-regulation! It's been three weeks and that meeting keeps being postponed and postponed! If eventually I have to courses from next year I'm 12 houres behind everybody else. And the two others who has the same problem think about quitting! I don't wanna do this all by my self. And I STILL have to find a company that will help me with my project!
Old 10-02-2002, 11:13 AM   #1047
Elfmaster XK
Possessive Villain Fancier

Quote:
Originally posted by TinuvielChild
I. Hate. My. Life. Can't explain now, must finish homework that I didn't do last night because of various things and is due in less than an hour and will probably cause me to fail no less than 2 classes if I don't get it done. Will explain later, when I have more time.
That sounds like i feel now. But there must be some real problem, you haven't used punctuation correctly! Where are the sentences!

Maybe this thread should have a councellor in it.

My soul is painted like the wings of butterflies,
Fairytales of yesterday will grow but never die,
I can fly - my friends.

XK
Old 10-02-2002, 01:05 PM   #1048
Arathorn
Bard of Mangled Songs

Quote:
Originally posted by Elfmaster XK

Maybe this thread should have a councellor in it.
Are you interested in such a job?

Accio, Ash Nazg!

Elennuru s?*la lúmenn' omentielvo (The Death Star shines on the hour of our meeting) - Darth Arathorn

Put aside the ranger...
Start looking for Mumakil action figures...
Old 10-02-2002, 03:54 PM   #1049
Sween
im quite stupid

Ill be a councolor apprentally im a good listener all my mates come to me with there problems.
Old 10-02-2002, 10:48 PM   #1050
TinuvielChild
Padawan

Here is why I hate my life:

There is only one subject in school where I don't hate the teacher or am seriously behind, and that's English. I have to finish the Silmarillion and write a report on it by next Tuesday. I've done maybe 5 homework assignments in math class all term, and maybe 4 in Bio. My German teacher called my house last night because I've only done one homework assignment (because German 2 is too bloody easy, I should be in German 3), and I almost passed out after ballet class last night because I stayed to practice my grand jetes enturne and totally exhausted myself. I didn't do any homework last night because I was exhausted, and I have a Bio test first period tomorrow (and I've only read the first 1/3 of the chapter). My only study (which is second period) is going to be taken up by a guidance appointment (which I suppose is good; I can rant and moan to my heart's content, except that they'll probably think I'm either a druggie, manic-depressive, or suicidal. I have absolutely no self-esteem whatsoever, and I haven't practiced my violin in a week. We have this insane Haydn piece in orchestra (it's in second position. I've never played in second position before in my entire bloody life! and the tempo marking is a quarter note = 126...gah..), which I haven't practiced at all, and the only thing in my life that's going at all well is dance class! I can't seem to get motivated by anything, and it's likely that I'll fail at least 2 classes that I would otherwise be getting A's in because of homework.

So you see, that is why my life sucks. Aren't you glad that you don't have my life?

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
Old 10-02-2002, 11:28 PM   #1051
Cirdan
Elf Lord of the Grey Havens

So you hate your life because your young, intelligent, and talented?
There exists a limit to the force even ther most powerful may apply without destroying themselves. Judging this limit is the true artistry of government. Misuse of power is the fatal sin. The law cannot be a tool of vengance, never a hostage, nor a fortification against the martyrs it has created. You cannot threaten any individual and escape the consequences.

-Muad'dib on Law
The Stilgar Commentary
Old 10-03-2002, 08:19 AM   #1052
Elfmaster XK

Quote:
Originally posted by Arathorn
Are you interested in such a job?
Sure, i'll be the councellor! I can come up with serious solutions to people's problems because a) I've had my fair share. I understand a lot of situations, and b) my friends have suffered from a number of problems i have had to try and help solve. I've had a anorexic friend, a friend whose boyfriend beat her up, one who did drugs, one who cut herself with a razor, one who was unsure about her faith in God...the list goes on and i have had some of those things myself, still do, but i repress my own problems. But i know what i'm on about. I may be an alcoholic, but now do you see why?

TinuvielChild. Everyone suffers from low self esteem and motivations sometimes, Hell, i NEVER do any work anymore. I've been at the same school for 6 years (in my last year) and i hate it. I don't want to be there to the degree that i just come home if i don't feel like the lesson. I don't do homework. I'm in a lot of trouble.

You are a very intelligent person, look at yourself! You can get the A's when you need them, you're far cleverer than i am, and also younger. I know what the problem is. You are tiring yourself out with all the things you do. I really think you need to slow down a little. If you can't seem to get the time to do stuff, and exhaust yourself when you do, then you are taking on too much. I realise you probably love everything you do and won't want to drop anything, but perhaps you could give yourself a break from something? That's my advise. Not that you asked for it, but eh...

Now for my vent. I hate myself for wasting so much time! I have two weeks to write a personal statement for my university application forms and i have to write GOOD things about myself. There are none. I haven't done anything extra curricular to help me get on my courses and have generally screwed up my future. For about 3 years i've done little next to no work. I got through the GCSE's on what little intelligence i had. I can feel it ebbing away...i can't afford to fail A levels, but can't be bothered to learn for them. Vicious circles, damn you! I hate me. And i realise it's all my fault...

I also hate typos! But feel i can't correct other people without feeling like a pretentious little cow.

I can fly - my friends.

XK

Last edited by Elfmaster XK : 10-03-2002 at 12:55 PM.
Old 10-03-2002, 02:32 PM   #1053
TinuvielChild
Padawan

heh. Thanks for the advice, EXK. As I've just been given the same lecture by two other people, I think I'll take the advice, at least as much of it as I can. I don't hate my life so much today; I think I was just having a reallllllly crappy day yesterday.

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
Old 10-03-2002, 03:24 PM   #1054
Elenka
The Negative Soul of Entmoot

Hey Tinuviel, I can relate with the violin stuff, and with the dance class except I'm doing horses not dance: My violin teacher assigns me loads of new stuff every week even when I can't finish the old stuff, and now he's trying to get me into third position, and my second position stinks, and tonight I have more homework than the average person gets in a lifetime, AND I have a riding lesson which is the only time ANYTHING goes right in my life because I am a better than average rider, but then I also have barn chores and the mentioned home work which is ALL DUE TOMORROW!!!! My life sucks except for horses.

War doesn't determine who is right - war determines who is left.
Old 10-03-2002, 04:01 PM   #1055
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Quote:
Originally posted by Elenka
AND I have a riding lesson which is the only time ANYTHING goes right in my life because I am a better than average rider, but then I also have barn chores and the mentioned home work which is ALL DUE TOMORROW!!!! My life sucks except for horses.
Hooray, another horse person!! What kind of riding/horses? I used to train and show quarter horses when I was younger, and when my kids are old enough to stay home by themselves, I'd LOVE to get back into it. Aren't horses incredibly beautiful? *sigh* Hey, nothing like shoveling a little muck to take away the stress Did you notice all the flying lead changes the lead Black Rider horse was doing in the movie when they were chasing Arwen? Gorgeous! I can't wait to see Shadowfax and the Rohan horses. I think Shadowfax is an Andalusian (SP?)

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Old 10-03-2002, 05:14 PM   #1056
Rûdhaglarien
Elven Warrior

.STUPID.[INSERT APPROPRIATE VULGAR WORD HERE].WELLS.PAPER.HE.ROCKS.HIS.ASSIGNMENTS.DON'T.
Old 10-03-2002, 05:28 PM   #1057
osszie
Elven Warrior

buggeritmilleniumhandandshrimp

BT (British Telecom) are cutting the hours of internet access again! , in effect from the end of the month

Now their Openworld Anytime (Anytime? that's a laugh) package has had its user hours cut from 12hrs a day to 150 hours a month! , I can spend an hour a day just replying to me bleedin' e-mails

I only hope Freeserve have cleared out the bugs on their ISP 'cos it looks like thats who I'm gonna have to go with

BT........I fart in your general direction
Old 10-03-2002, 07:56 PM   #1058
samwiselvr2008
Elf Lord

Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, I hate it whene I forget to read my glasses to school! I was dissy the whole time during sencod and third block (math and reading) because I could not see cleerly! My friend had to tell me what the homework was, because I couldn't see the bord! And in reading I was mad, because my teacher was explaning stuff about my class's The Hobbit movie that we are making, and I looking at a blery Mrs. Hickman the whole time, while talking about one of Tolkien's masterpieses that we were making a movie out of! Errrrrrrrrrrr, I was dissy when we were talking about something that had to do with Tolkien!!!

Why do I have to have bad eyes??? And why do I have to be forgetfull???????????

Oh ya, on the brighter side, I love this thread, because I can complane about just about ANYTHING in here.

Movie vewing count from the theater:
Return of the King:9
Two Towers: 11
Fellowship: 13

FRODO LIVES!
Old 10-04-2002, 07:06 AM   #1059
TinuvielChild
Padawan

Oy. I hate forgetting about homework until 6:45 AM on the morning that it's due... Yeah! Another Terry Pratchett fan! osszie, I didn't know you're a Discworld fan...ya learns somethin' new every day.

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
Old 10-04-2002, 09:37 AM   #1060
Elfmaster XK

Quote:
Originally posted by TinuvielChild
heh. Thanks for the advice, EXK. As I've just been given the same lecture by two other people, I think I'll take the advice, at least as much of it as I can. I don't hate my life so much today; I think I was just having a reallllllly crappy day yesterday.
Glad to help. I never take my own advise.

Gah! I hate that i haven't got enough time to do everything i want to do, as well as everything i have to do. Dammit, i want to waste my time!

I can fly - my friends.

XK
Closed Thread