Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2002, 02:51 PM   #981
Eruviel Greenleaf
Alcoholic Villain-Fancying Elf Pirate

MOOTHUG!

ooh, brownies, that sounds really good...
I love not having class 'til 4:30 on Thursdays, but I hate that I can't be efficient and get anything done in the morning

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found only a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse is superior to the world."
-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Old 09-26-2002, 02:55 PM   #982
Rûdhaglarien
Elven Warrior

Just came from 'What's your Real Name' thread...

I hate immature idiots who make fun of peoples names in high school. *GRRR!! ARGH!!*
Old 09-26-2002, 03:06 PM   #983
markedel
'Sober' Mullet Frosh

I hate not having a job cause it makes me poor and unable to buy the amount of beer I desire. Oh well I guess it's a sign I should study more economics.
Old 09-26-2002, 06:42 PM   #984
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Quote:
by EG, E XK, others...
MOOTHUG!
Moo Thug?? What, a cow gone bad?? *pauses to think* OOHH! Moot Hug!! *bops self on head* another dense moment - just one of the long-term (but non-published) effects of fumes from too many Chem Labs!!

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Old 09-26-2002, 07:54 PM   #985
markedel
'Sober' Mullet Frosh

I hat thursdays. They are exceptionally boring when you're underaged and underworked.
Old 09-26-2002, 09:06 PM   #986
TinuvielChild
Padawan

Sore toes! Skills me...I just took an entire 2 hour ballet class en pointe...stupid and reeeeeally brave. *shakes head in disgust at self* But I got better...

I hate not being able to remember the last 2 columns of Tengwar, especially when I'm trying to write out "May it Be" for Tengwar practice! Yeah, that was for you, Rian. I'm actually learning it!

Vent: bobby pins digging into scalp. Ouchies. Sore toes. Tired muscles. All dancers are masochists, I've decided.

Dance as though nobody's watching.
Sing as though nobody's listening.
Dream as though you'll live forever.
Live as though you'll die tomorrow.

EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMEDDCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO and proud!

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
Old 09-26-2002, 10:03 PM   #987
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Ergh. I'm right with you on the soreness thing. These last couple of days my legs and abs have been killing me. *groan*
Old 09-26-2002, 10:58 PM   #988
markedel
'Sober' Mullet Frosh

and i truly dislike 8:30 classes. Curse them.
Old 09-26-2002, 11:18 PM   #989
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Yes, EG's Thursday schedule sounds nicer than 8:30 classes!

TC - 2 hrs. en pointe - ouch! Do you like Capezios or whatever those English shoes are (forgot the name). How many classes a week do you take, and are they all in your pointe shoes? And Hooray for you learning Tengwar! Do you like it much? I wrote a bunch today, had some down time waiting for the kids at school. I did lots of lovely s-curls. I'm going to try to scan a page and attach it over at the Tengwar thread, so katya and sminty and others can see the s-curls in action. I also want to scan Tolkien's letter 118, so they can see how he wrote them.

Averted vent - the EVIL dog-in-law is NOT staying here for 5 days after all!!!!!!!!!! They took him with them!!!!!!

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Last edited by Rían : 09-26-2002 at 11:22 PM.
Old 09-27-2002, 12:56 AM   #990
BeardofPants
the Shrike

When will I stop taking things so personally?
Old 09-27-2002, 01:19 AM   #991
Rían

BoP - what are you taking personally? (if you feel like telling...)

New Vent - DRAT ATTACHMENTS! I get my nice Tengwar cheat sheet all ready to go, and write a fun personal message in Tengwar at the bottom, and ... ITS TOO BIG for an attachment! GRRRR!! Stupid computer!

Old 09-27-2002, 01:32 AM   #992
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Quote:
Originally posted by RÃ*an
BoP - what are you taking personally? (if you feel like telling...)
Nothing and everything. *sigh* The problem is that I have a lot of opinions (read: opinionated), and usually don't have any problems sharing them (read: force feeding them down peoples throats, whether they want to hear them or not....) However, the downside is that I eventually run into people who have no qualms pulling me up on every little crappy detail: such is the way of debates, life and everything. And pigheaded person that I am, I tend to just keep going, and going, and going, you know, rather like a dog with a bone.... and in the end I just get so upset, and feel so crappy, that it sometimes takes me a while to realise that I can just let it go. It doesn't help that there is so much stuff that I feel strongly about, so that oftentimes I will take comments to heart more than what is meant. Yeah, yeah, I know, and you all thought I was jaded.

Oh yeah, and the small matter of my mother calling me Mrs. Chubby. When I finally come into the throne down in the nether regions of eternal damnation and heck, my first plan of action will be to enforce her to listen to an endless sermon about the mating cycles of salmon.

Last edited by BeardofPants : 09-27-2002 at 01:36 AM.
Old 09-27-2002, 01:37 AM   #993
Cirdan
Elf Lord of the Grey Havens

Don't apologize for standing up for what you beleive. Yes, you will always run across crazy people who won't even acknowledge your rights or the validity of them. You may feel free to walk away from them, but you are not to walk away from what you think because it would make you seem nicer. Umm, please?
There exists a limit to the force even ther most powerful may apply without destroying themselves. Judging this limit is the true artistry of government. Misuse of power is the fatal sin. The law cannot be a tool of vengance, never a hostage, nor a fortification against the martyrs it has created. You cannot threaten any individual and escape the consequences.

-Muad'dib on Law
The Stilgar Commentary
Old 09-27-2002, 01:38 AM   #994
cassiopeia
Viggoholic

Here is my vent: I am trying to get another stupid computer program to work. I've been here for 3 hours and I still can't work out what is wrong! And I'm using Linux, which is absolutely stupid to me and makes no sense. I prefer to double click on pretty icons. I know now why Bill Gates is a rich man.
Old 09-27-2002, 02:09 AM   #995
Arathorn
Bard of Mangled Songs

Quote:
Originally posted by cassiopeia
Here is my vent: I am trying to get another stupid computer program to work. I've been here for 3 hours and I still can't work out what is wrong! And I'm using Linux, which is absolutely stupid to me and makes no sense. I prefer to double click on pretty icons. I know now why Bill Gates is a rich man.
Actually, the "double click on pretty icons" was being done by the Mac OS and OS/2 before Windows 95 came a long. He's just good at finding out how to make money out of other people's ideas and suing other people for using stuff he claims to be ideas from his company.

Accio, Ash Nazg!

Elennuru s?*la lúmenn' omentielvo (The Death Star shines on the hour of our meeting) - Darth Arathorn

Put aside the ranger...
Start looking for Mumakil action figures...
Old 09-27-2002, 02:17 AM   #996
Cirdan

Even Linux has the pretty icons but that doesn't always help with programming. What language are you using?
There exists a limit to the force even ther most powerful may apply without destroying themselves. Judging this limit is the true artistry of government. Misuse of power is the fatal sin. The law cannot be a tool of vengance, never a hostage, nor a fortification against the martyrs it has created. You cannot threaten any individual and escape the consequences.

-Muad'dib on Law
The Stilgar Commentary
Old 09-27-2002, 02:27 AM   #997
Arathorn
Bard of Mangled Songs

Were you asking me? or Cas?

Anyway, we use C or C++ for our products compiled on recent Linux compilers; at least for the back-end solutions.

There's another dept that specializes on Windows-ported stuff.

Accio, Ash Nazg!

Elennuru s?*la lúmenn' omentielvo (The Death Star shines on the hour of our meeting) - Darth Arathorn

Put aside the ranger...
Start looking for Mumakil action figures...
Old 09-27-2002, 02:29 AM   #998
Cirdan

I was asking Cas but I figured it was some C variant. I doubt it was VB. Could be Java though.

-Muad'dib on Law
The Stilgar Commentary
Old 09-27-2002, 05:35 AM   #999
Elfmaster XK
Possessive Villain Fancier

I hate uncertainty.

I hate being misunderstood.

Quote:
ooh, brownies, that sounds really good...
I'll send you a box if you like! They're real good

My soul is painted like the wings of butterflies,
Fairytales of yesterday will grow but never die,
I can fly - my friends.

XK

Last edited by Elfmaster XK : 09-27-2002 at 05:36 AM.
Old 09-27-2002, 10:03 AM   #1000
Sween
im quite stupid

theres a funny smell in my bedroom