Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2007, 04:23 PM   #981
sisterandcousinandaunt
Elf Lord

3 am? They party hardy in Europe. Here, it's more like 11.

Cool. I want one.

TMNT

No, I'm not emo. I just have a really poor sense of direction. (Thanks to katya for this quote)

This is the best news story EVER!
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26087293/

“Often my haste is a mistake, but I live with the consequences without complaint.”...John McCain

"I shall go back. And I shall find that therapist. And I shall whack her upside her head with my blanket full of rocks." ...Louisa May
Old 06-22-2007, 05:43 PM   #982
Gwaimir Windgem
Dread Mothy Lord and Halfwitted Apprentice Loremaster

Garr! Long story:

On March 27th, I bought a car, and in a fluke accident was in a crash on the way home. I sold the car to some local mechanic for parts in early April. Yesterday, I got a letter from the POLICE DEPARTMENT informing me that the car of which I am apparently still the REGISTERED OWNER was impounded, and I need to take care of the situation. I F***ING HATE THAT CAR!!! It's caused me nothing but grief. Now my only hope is that the DMV has the release of liability somewhere, and there was some issue in getting it from them. I am mightily ticked off right now.

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Old 06-22-2007, 05:46 PM   #983
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Oh ****, the bastard didnt you sold it to didnt change the title, did he? he stripped it and left it in your name. You can go after his ass for that, if you have a bill of sale that was drawn up when you sold it for parts. Damn man, that's some bad luck!
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
Old 06-22-2007, 06:56 PM   #984
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

good luck, Gwai!!!

And I saw a hit-and-run today. The driver was too far ahead of me for me to chase, so I just pulled over next to the car that was hit and gave her my phone #, because I saw the whole thing very clearly, and at least I could testify that she was not at fault at ALL and the other driver was hit-and-run. Then just as I was getting ready to leave, a guy pulls up, rolls down his window, and sticks out a piece of paper towards us - the license plate of the hit-and-run driver!!!! He was ahead of us and was able to chase the guy down and got the plates! Yay!

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Old 06-22-2007, 07:32 PM   #985
Gwaimir Windgem

Gah! They didn't have it! Either it got lost in the mail, or I just didn't send it, so I'm gonna have to take care of this ****!

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Old 06-22-2007, 10:16 PM   #986
trolls' bane
Entmoot Secretary of the Treasury

Quote:
Originally Posted by sisterandcousinandaunt
3 am? They party hardy in Europe. Here, it's more like 11.
Here it's 9 PM.
Old 06-23-2007, 02:30 AM   #987
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

That's strange. It's 3am here where I am, and that surprised me when the cops told us. Its usually a pretty laid back neighborhood. Heh, until, that is, certain holidays like the 4th.... Yes, THEN the whole block explodes.
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
Old 06-28-2007, 08:54 PM   #988
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

*VEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENT*

Today has not gone well, overall.

Last edited by Tessar : 06-28-2007 at 08:57 PM.
Old 06-28-2007, 11:42 PM   #989
trolls' bane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
*VEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENT*

Today has not gone well, overall.
My condolences!
Old 07-03-2007, 12:48 AM   #990
Elenka
The Negative Soul of Entmoot

Angry as all hell because my sometimes-boss worked my skinny butt off for three 14-hour days and then skimped on my paycheck. Feeling majorly overworked and underpaid.

War doesn't determine who is right - war determines who is left.
Old 07-03-2007, 02:28 AM   #991
trolls' bane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elenka
Angry as all hell because my sometimes-boss worked my skinny butt off for three 14-hour days and then skimped on my paycheck. Feeling majorly overworked and underpaid.
He's a capitalist pig. No matter, his kind will be overthrown, but not by me, mind you.
Old 07-03-2007, 03:00 AM   #992
klatukatt
Entmoot's Drunken Uncle

Arg. I is overworked. The only consolation is the FAT paycheck I'm going to get in a week.
Old 07-03-2007, 03:09 AM   #993
trolls' bane

Quote:
Originally Posted by klatukatt
Arg. I is overworked. The only consolation is the FAT paycheck I'm going to get in a week.
Hopefully you'll turn out better than Elenka.
Old 07-03-2007, 05:03 PM   #994
Tessar
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Arrrrgh, this sucks!

Next semester I'm going to be at school between 8-11 hours every week day, which means not only will I be incredibly busy, I'll also be away from my doggy for 8-11 hours every day, AND I'm going to have to quit my job, which I love, and try to find some crappy weekend job that will not only pay less, but probably be much less enjoyable than getting to teach piano.

Assuming I even have the time to work, because it sounds like some of the classes are going to be super time intensive for homework. I'm taking 9-10 classes this next semester.

I mean, I love music, and I want to do this really, really badly... but gwaugh.

Also, I still hate math. A LOT.
Old 07-03-2007, 08:06 PM   #995
sisterandcousinandaunt
Elf Lord

Quote:
Arrrrgh, this sucks!

Next semester I'm going to be at school between 8-11 hours every week day, which means not only will I be incredibly busy, I'll also be away from my doggy for 8-11 hours every day, AND I'm going to have to quit my job, which I love, and try to find some crappy weekend job that will not only pay less, but probably be much less enjoyable than getting to teach piano.

Assuming I even have the time to work, because it sounds like some of the classes are going to be super time intensive for homework. I'm taking 9-10 classes this next semester.

I mean, I love music, and I want to do this really, really badly... but gwaugh.

Also, I still hate math. A LOT.
Are you getting into the major concentration? Why the nutty load? Or is it that your classes just don't line up? Any chance you can get students on campus?

How's Rosie girl?

Cool. I want one.

TMNT

No, I'm not emo. I just have a really poor sense of direction. (Thanks to katya for this quote)

“Often my haste is a mistake, but I live with the consequences without complaint.”...John McCain

"I shall go back. And I shall find that therapist. And I shall whack her upside her head with my blanket full of rocks." ...Louisa May

Last edited by sisterandcousinandaunt : 07-03-2007 at 08:07 PM.
Old 07-03-2007, 09:23 PM   #996
Gwaimir Windgem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elenka

Grr...I loathe those beasts. Here in Californee, you'd get time and a half for everything over eight hours, even if it was less than fourty hours a week. 'Tis a good law.

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Old 07-03-2007, 11:00 PM   #997
sisterandcousinandaunt
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwaimir Windgem
Grr...I loathe those beasts. Here in Californee, you'd get time and a half for everything over eight hours, even if it was less than fourty hours a week. 'Tis a good law.
Yeah. But even in California, it has to show up on your timecard.

Cool. I want one.

TMNT

Old 07-04-2007, 01:10 AM   #998
Tessar
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sisterandcousinandaunt
Are you getting into the major concentration? Why the nutty load? Or is it that your classes just don't line up? Any chance you can get students on campus?

How's Rosie girl?
The music program at my university, in addition to being pretty fantastic, is also SUPER intensive. It's the highest-hour requirement of any major besides Engineering, and in addition to that, you don't get -any- electives in Music majors.

If you want to graduate in four years, they expect you to do 14-16 hours every single semester, plus 9 hours every summer. Luckily, since it took me a while to get in, I have a lot of core classes done... so I wont have to do more than maybe one summer session.

I can't get students on campus... I'm really not much of a piano player! I just know enough to teach little kids... I teach preschool through elementary aged kids the basics.... and I do have two private students thought the program that I sort of... coach technique and musical emotion to, more than I really teach theory, I guess. Their parents are thrilled, and the boys sounded tons better, so I guess I was doing something right .

And Rosie... is just fine .

She likes to sleep on my bed, now, which is nice. Now I'm not afraid that she's getting up to stuff at night, because whenever she shifts around and half-wakes me up, I know she's still there. And not peeing on the carpet or something .
Old 07-04-2007, 10:19 PM   #999
sisterandcousinandaunt
Elf Lord

Quote:
The music program at my university, in addition to being pretty fantastic, is also SUPER intensive. It's the highest-hour requirement of any major besides Engineering, and in addition to that, you don't get -any- electives in Music majors.

If you want to graduate in four years, they expect you to do 14-16 hours every single semester, plus 9 hours every summer. Luckily, since it took me a while to get in, I have a lot of core classes done... so I wont have to do more than maybe one summer session.

I can't get students on campus... I'm really not much of a piano player! I just know enough to teach little kids... I teach preschool through elementary aged kids the basics.... and I do have two private students thought the program that I sort of... coach technique and musical emotion to, more than I really teach theory, I guess. Their parents are thrilled, and the boys sounded tons better, so I guess I was doing something right .
I'm sure you are.

Quote:
And Rosie... is just fine .

She likes to sleep on my bed, now, which is nice. Now I'm not afraid that she's getting up to stuff at night, because whenever she shifts around and half-wakes me up, I know she's still there. And not peeing on the carpet or something .
I've had a number of relationships that benefitted from that certainty.

Cool. I want one.

TMNT

Old 07-08-2007, 02:45 AM   #1000
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

LOL!!

Vent - back in Arizona *sigh* but had a wonderful visit in lovely California (I waved at TB when we passed Indio)

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Closed Thread