Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2003, 08:56 AM   #81
afro-elf
Hoplite Nomad

Quote:
Originally posted by Spock
It has been said "California is the land of fruits and nuts". I agree.

OUCH

She was kown as dernhelm because of her exclaimation when she realized that the rider's headgear was heavy and obscured her sight.

'Dern Helm"

Culled from Entmoot From Kirinski 57 and Wayfarer.
Old 12-02-2003, 09:03 AM   #82
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

.....nit, nit.......neet...neet.......I want a shrubbery.

Good holidays to you A.E.
Old 12-02-2003, 09:15 AM   #83
afro-elf
Hoplite Nomad

Quote:
Originally posted by Spock
.....nit, nit.......neet...neet.......I want a shrubbery.

Good holidays to you A.E.
Thanks, likewise.

She was kown as dernhelm because of her exclaimation when she realized that the rider's headgear was heavy and obscured her sight.

'Dern Helm"

Old 12-02-2003, 09:18 AM   #84
afro-elf
Hoplite Nomad

I think that an interesting to do would be for people to watch Chris Rock's ' Bring the Pain'.

Here is a BBC review

Rock stalked the stage like a caged lion, maintaining a fast-paced, adrenaline-driven rant that mixed non-PC material and drug-related lines ('Let's look at the good things Crack's given us - you can get a VCR for $10.50 from a Crackhead') with ghetto humour and politics. A constant winning smile took the edge off the most volatile material but his self-assured delivery and seemingly real anger suggested that the philosophy behind the comedy was dear to his heart. One particularly aggressive segment found Rock blaming certain sections of the black community for 'f***in' it up for the rest of us', attacking them for welfare abuse, endemic crime, irresponsible sexual behaviour and an easy willingness to blame everything on the white media. Incredibly, this was lapped up by the all-black audience, who cheered his every such utterance. In fact, if one had to criticise this outstanding show, it would be the audience, rather than the comedian, who let the side down - by so whooping and applauding almost every line it was hard to gauge just how well Rock can work a crowd. But one cannot blame the comedian for people loving him

What got me about this review was this line:

Quote:
In fact, if one had to criticise this outstanding show, it would be the audience, rather than the comedian, who let the side down -

Let the side down? Please it with them that the side can me saved.

An Amazon reviewer said this: 'There is quite a bit of race humor (which while funny, as a white man I can't repeat any of it)

That's not right. Ethnically I can laugh at something but I dare not repeat it.

more amazon reviews

In your face social commentary that is embedded in such truth, one has to laugh simply because we are all familiar with the situations about which he jokes about.

Bring The Pain hurts them good, Chris Rock is right on target with his views on the social nightmare we live in today, he makes us laugh and think about it at the same time. There is a message in his humor

'Dern Helm"

Old 12-02-2003, 09:32 AM   #85
jerseydevil
I am Freddie/UNDERCOVER/ Founder of The Great Continent of Entmoot

Well - you brought up Chris Rock who I really like because he does speak out against the stupidity of PC and things. Not to mention he's hilarious. I had been debating on posting this - but now I figure I might as well. The worst that will happen is the link gets taken off. If it does and people want to see it - just PM me and I'll give the link. Anyway though - it's not really that bad - just cursing in a couple of places and it does joke about police beating up on people. Other than that it's nothing.

[edited]

*It was going good until it got close to the end when the language wasn't PG-13. Better get ready to get some PMs. -- Khamûl

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

Memorial to the Twin Towers
New Jersey Map
Fellowship of the Messageboard
Legend of the Jersey Devil
Support New Jersey's Liberty Tower
Peacefire.org

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide

Last edited by jerseydevil : 12-02-2003 at 09:39 AM.
Old 12-02-2003, 09:39 AM   #86
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

LMAOROTF
Old 12-02-2003, 11:09 AM   #87
Falagar
Death of Mooters and [Entmoot] Internal Affairs

Do you think those steps work for white teens too?
Old 12-02-2003, 11:16 AM   #88
jerseydevil

Quote:
Originally posted by Falagar
Do you think those steps work for white teens too?
Why do you have a problem with getting your ass kicked by the police?

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 12-02-2003, 11:20 AM   #89
Falagar
Death of Mooters and [Entmoot] Internal Affairs

Quote:
Originally posted by jerseydevil
Why do you have a problem with getting your ass kicked by the police?
Me? No no, but I have a couple of friends who could use a couple of those advices. Especially "Use common sense", "Be polite" and "shut up".

Last edited by Falagar : 12-02-2003 at 11:22 AM.
Old 12-02-2003, 11:31 AM   #90
GrayMouser
Elf Lord

OR, of course, you could be Abner Louima, committing the crime of being black.

http://www.hotblkjock.com/abner.html

Hey, if he got sodomized with a broomstick he must have deserved it, right?

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us, cats look down on us, but pigs treat us as equals."- Winston Churchill
Old 12-02-2003, 11:43 AM   #91
jerseydevil

Quote:
Originally posted by GrayMouser
OR, of course, you could be Abner Louima, committing the crime of being black.

http://www.hotblkjock.com/abner.html

Hey, if he got sodomized with a broomstick he must have deserved it, right?
yeah - that's right - pull out a severe case. The police were charged and convicted.

You know - 2 years ago there were charges of police brutality on the NJ Turnpike. It was national news and it seemed like every week there were more people coming forward and charging racism and police brutality. The State required all State Troopers to have cameras in their cars. Amazingly - the claims stopped. People who weren't aware of the cameras - when they found out that the whole thing was on tape - just dropped the charges.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 12-02-2003, 01:11 PM   #92
GrayMouser
Elf Lord

Quote:
yeah - that's right - pull out a severe case. The police were charged and convicted.

You know - 2 years ago there were charges of police brutality on the NJ Turnpike. It was national news and it seemed like every week there were more people coming forward and charging racism and police brutality. The State required all State Troopers to have cameras in their cars. Amazingly - the claims stopped. People who weren't aware of the cameras - when they found out that the whole thing was on tape - just dropped the charges.
Or, just possibly, when the cops knew that THEY were being taped, they stopped doing it? - just a thought.

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us, cats look down on us, but pigs treat us as equals."- Winston Churchill
Old 12-02-2003, 01:27 PM   #93
jerseydevil

Quote:
Originally posted by GrayMouser
Or, just possibly, when the cops knew that THEY were being taped, they stopped doing it? - just a thought.
That could only be explained that way if it wasn't for the number of people who RESCINDED their claims AFTER they found out there were tapes. If you had bothered reading the post - you would have seen that this was the case also.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Last edited by jerseydevil : 12-02-2003 at 01:31 PM.
Old 12-02-2003, 01:30 PM   #94
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

go get 'em J.D.
....why can't we all just get along.......
Old 12-02-2003, 01:35 PM   #95
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

I can't wait to see what happens with the latest in Cincinnatti. That 400 lb. guy who attacked the police and then their attempts to subdue with blows from their nightsticks (actually batons designed after martial arts weapons). They surely didn't use them effectively and although it may look like abuse, the guy wasn't subdued and actually grabbed one from an officer. It will be fun.
Old 12-02-2003, 01:40 PM   #96
Ruinel
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by afro-elf
... One particularly aggressive segment found Rock blaming certain sections of the black community for 'f***in' it up for the rest of us', attacking them for welfare abuse, endemic crime, irresponsible sexual behaviour and an easy willingness to blame everything on the white media.
I like Chris Rock. I've seen his comedy shows on HBO. I think he's also a talented actor.

One of the things I think about when I hear him put down segments of the black community is how I am perceived as well.

I'm white, I live in "The South" (which is southern US for those of you outside the US), and actually Texas, to be exact. Unfortunately, a small segment of people here have left a strong impression on the rest of the world of people who are white in the south that we are all a bunch of uneducated, trailer-trash, country song lovin', spandex and tube top wearing, beer-bellied, racist hicks who have never left the trailer park we grew up in. And because there really are people here like that, they've f***ked it up for the rest of us who ARE educated and cultured and appreciate another person for who they are and not what epidermis they might be poured into.
Old 12-02-2003, 01:43 PM   #97
Ruinel
Banned

Quote:
That could only be explained that way if it wasn't for the number of people who RESCINDED their claims AFTER they found out there were tapes. If you had bothered reading the post - you would have seen that this was the case also.
They were people out for a fast buck at the expense of the police officer's reputation. They claim brutality, file a civil law suit and walk out with the cash if they win. If they lose, they can just claim that the courts were racist too. Such a shame, because it throws doubt on the real cases. Never cry wolf.
Old 12-02-2003, 01:45 PM   #98
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

...tell it to 'em Ruinel .....from another educated, well traveled, tolerant but p.c. incorrect Southern States Resident.
Old 12-02-2003, 07:20 PM   #99
afro-elf
Hoplite Nomad

Ruinel and Spock,

Know what bugs me? It is when Blacks think just because you are White that you have got it easy.

White people don't have problems also?

Is every white person middle class or above?

'Dern Helm"

Old 12-02-2003, 07:28 PM   #100
Ruinel
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by afro-elf
Ruinel and Spock,

Know what bugs me? It is when Blacks think just because you are White that you have got it easy.

White people don't have problems also?

Is every white person middle class or above?
I got passed over for scholarships, grants and on-campus jobs when I was at the university because I wasn't the right color. I'm not bitter about it, I just worked 2 extra jobs to pay for school, that's all. You take it and you move on. That's my philosophy anyway.

Everything I've ever gotten I worked my ass off for. No one handed me anything. I sacrificed and saved for any big ticket item I've ever bought. It bugs me that people think that way. Life is hard, for everyone, that's the way it is.

I've never gotten out of a speeding ticket or anything because I'm white. But I get the impression that some black people think that way. *shrugs* I don't know what to tell you.
Closed Thread