Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Middle Earth
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-12-2003, 11:46 PM   #81
Ruinel
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Aralyn
did you find it?
Oh, for Pete's sake (mental head slap) *smacks palm of hand to forehead* that Haldir. I think my head is so into 1st age that I completely forgot about that Haldir.

Afro Elf!!!! Long time no ... post. Where have you been? You weren't frightened by your fangirls were you?
Ruinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2003, 12:22 AM   #82
afro-elf
Hoplite Nomad

Quote:
Afro Elf!!!! Long time no ... post. Where have you been? You weren't frightened by your fangirls were you?
The reason why is here:

http://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/show...&threadid=7967

She was kown as dernhelm because of her exclaimation when she realized that the rider's headgear was heavy and obscured her sight.

'Dern Helm"

Culled from Entmoot From Kirinski 57 and Wayfarer.
afro-elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2003, 09:12 AM   #83
Ruinel
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by afro-elf
The reason why is here:

http://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/show...&threadid=7967
I'm so sad. I pm'ed you a message. I couldn't put it here.
Old 04-13-2003, 09:46 AM   #84
Elf Girl
Lurker

Quote:
Originally posted by Willow Oran
*pushes Anglorfin back at Elf Girl* Your protests of being betrothed to Glorfindel are obviously false as he's already legally married to me. You can ask Katt, she stood witness to the ceremony. You obviously betrothed yourself to his twin thinking that it was him.
"Legally"? Not much law surrounding Elven marriages, only a great deal of custom. *pushed Anglorfin at Willow* Anglorfin! Are you married to Willow or betrothed to me?
Elf Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2003, 09:57 AM   #85
Linaewen
Fair Dinkum

Quote:
Originally posted by Elf Girl
"Legally"? Not much law surrounding Elven marriages, only a great deal of custom. *pushed Anglorfin at Willow* Anglorfin! Are you married to Willow or betrothed to me?
Aren't you fighting over Glorfindel?

Poor Anglorfin. I'm sure someone else will want him, tho. Not me, I'm already after Cirdan, Beleg or Faramir.
Linaewen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2003, 11:31 AM   #86
Ruinel
Banned

I think you two are giving Anglorfin motion sickness, pushing him back and forth like this. *sees him getting green in the face* WATCH OUT!! I THINK HE'S GONNA HURL!!! *jumps back 10 paces*
Old 04-13-2003, 11:38 AM   #87
Linaewen
Fair Dinkum

Eeew! Oh, how unfortunate. The two ladies who don't want him have to cop his (Elven) vomit on them... serves you right for treating him so poorly!

Impression of Anglorfin : or is it this one?
(Gwai had a good vomit smilie in some other thread.. dunno where it is tho)
Old 04-13-2003, 11:44 AM   #88
Ruinel
Banned

Elf Girl and Willow should be ashamed of yourselves for treating Anglorfin such. I understand the rivalry over Glorfindel (um, sort of) but you should not be shoving his twin back and forth between you. Look at the mess?

I saw the vomit smilie... that was a good one! I'll have to find it again and see if I can copy it to my computer as a gif. I wasn't thinking that when I saw it first, I was laughing too hard.
Old 04-13-2003, 11:51 AM   #89
Linaewen
Fair Dinkum

Quote:
Originally posted by Ruinel
Elf Girl and Willow should be ashamed of yourselves for treating Anglorfin such. I understand the rivalry over Glorfindel (um, sort of)
Uh-oh. One of them is going to post a huge message now about all his virtues etc....

Quote:
I saw the vomit smilie... that was a good one! I'll have to find it again and see if I can copy it to my computer as a gif. I wasn't thinking that when I saw it first, I was laughing too hard.
As was I

Last edited by Linaewen : 04-13-2003 at 11:54 AM.
Old 04-13-2003, 11:55 AM   #90
Ruinel
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Linaewen
Uh-oh. One of them is going to post a huge message now about all his virtues etc....
"his" Glorfindel? Or Anglorfin? (I would think they have a lot of appologizing to do to Anglorfin.)
Old 04-13-2003, 11:58 AM   #91
Linaewen
Fair Dinkum

Glorfindel, of course. They haven't even bothered to find out how good Anglorfin is. How would they know? I think they should apologise also. Their treatment of him is quite appalling.
Old 04-13-2003, 12:02 PM   #92
Ruinel
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Linaewen
Glorfindel, of course. They haven't even bothered to find out how good Anglorfin is. How would they know? I think they should apologise also. Their treatment of him is quite appalling.
Agreed.
Old 04-13-2003, 03:19 PM   #93
Aralyn
FloraAzul

Location: Anywhere as long as there is a library in a one mile radius of here
Strider Afroelf

Quote:
Originally posted by afro-elf
Well, I want an Avari or Silvan Elf female companion.

Aralyn, who is your picture of?

BTW, I have a character named Aralyn also. She was inspired my the character Arafel from the Sword of Trees and Jewels and the Dreamstone books.
AF- I just found this girl's picture on a free avatar website and thought she looked tolkienish enough to be my avatar. If you cut her hair shorter she might look like me . . .j/k

That's funny your characters name is Aralyn. I though of that name the day I walked out of the theatre after watching FOTR

Yet many shall be amazed when they see Him-yes even far off foreign nations and thier kings; they shall stand dumb-founded, speechless in his prescence. For they shall see and understand what they had not seen before-Isaiah 52:15a

Civil War- 498,332 dead
WWI-116,708 dead
WWII-407,316 dead
Korean War-54,246 dead
Vietnam War-58,665 dead
Persian Gulf-372 dead
War on The Unborn=35,000,000 dead and counting
Aralyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2003, 06:42 PM   #94
Anglorfin
Alasailon

They would not know what to write. Besides looks, I am nothing like my brother. He enjoys battle, I enjoy music. He enjoys politics, I enjoy smithcraft and other skills of hand.

Haha you can imagine my surprise when I recieved word in Rivendell that Thorin Oakenshield and Company had brought back two great swords from my ancient city that I had assisted in forging nearly two ages earlier. I had deemed them lost forever.

"Anglorfin was tall and straight; his hair was of shining gold, his face fair and young and fearless and full of anger; his eyes were bright and keen, and his voice like music; on his brow sat wisdom, and in his hand was great skill."

Last edited by Anglorfin : 04-13-2003 at 06:44 PM.
Anglorfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2003, 07:45 PM   #95
afro-elf
Hoplite Nomad

Aralyn thanks for the info.

BTW its AE

She was kown as dernhelm because of her exclaimation when she realized that the rider's headgear was heavy and obscured her sight.

'Dern Helm"

Culled from Entmoot From Kirinski 57 and Wayfarer.
afro-elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2003, 08:14 PM   #96
Gwaimir Windgem
Dread Mothy Lord and Halfwitted Apprentice Loremaster

Quote:
Elf Girl and Willow should be ashamed of yourselves for treating Anglorfin such. I understand the rivalry over Glorfindel (um, sort of) but you should not be shoving his twin back and forth between you. Look at the mess?

Might you two be talking about this?

http://www.gamefortress.com/forums/h.../throwupen.gif

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle

Last edited by Gwaimir Windgem : 04-13-2003 at 08:17 PM.
Gwaimir Windgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2003, 08:26 PM   #97
Mirahzi
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally posted by Willow Oran
*pushes Anglorfin back at Elf Girl* Your protests of being betrothed to Glorfindel are obviously false as he's already legally married to me. You can ask Katt, she stood witness to the ceremony. You obviously betrothed yourself to his twin thinking that it was him.
Just so you know, you need at least two witnesses for a marriage to be legally binding in the state of Washington (which you live in, believe it or not).
Old 04-13-2003, 08:26 PM   #98
Ruinel
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Gwaimir Windgem
Might you two be talking about this?

http://www.gamefortress.com/forums/h.../throwupen.gif
Ahahahahahahaahahahahaahahahahahah,stop it,ahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahaaaahahah ahahahahahahahahhh *cough, cough, cough*hehehahahaahahahahaahahahahahaha haha,mercy,please hahahahaaaaaaaahahaha hahahahahahahaahahahahahahahaha,sides hurting,aahahahahahahahahahahahahaHAHAH
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAHAHAH
AHAAHHA*passes out*
Old 04-13-2003, 08:29 PM   #99
Ruinel
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Anglorfin
They would not know what to write. Besides looks, I am nothing like my brother. He enjoys battle, I enjoy music. He enjoys politics, I enjoy smithcraft and other skills of hand.

Haha you can imagine my surprise when I recieved word in Rivendell that Thorin Oakenshield and Company had brought back two great swords from my ancient city that I had assisted in forging nearly two ages earlier. I had deemed them lost forever.
Ah, yes, so often twins do not have anything the same save their outer appearance.

Were the swords found among Smaug's treasures?
Old 04-14-2003, 12:07 AM   #100
Willow Oran
Deus Ex Machina

There were two witnesses, Katt and the priest. The customs surrounding our marriage probably aren't those of elves or washington though, we were married by a random shakespearian priest. But we have the rings and he's faithful to me. Sorry, Anglorfin, I'm sure you'll make a lovely husband for some elven maid, (preferably the one who thinks she's my rival,) but I'm just not into smithcraft, much as I admire the swords you mentioned. However, I think my beloved's interests may have changed some since you last saw him, He has a much wider range of interests than simply battle and politics.
Tough Guide To FantasyLand

...it's not much of a show if somebody doesn't suffer, and preferably at length. Suffering is beautiful in any case, and so is anguish; but as for loathing, and bitterness... I don't think they belong on the stage at all.

- Isabella, I Gelosi
Willow Oran is offline   Reply With Quote