Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-19-2002, 01:28 AM   #81
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Quote:
Originally posted by Starr Polish
New Zealand's weather is really unpredictable.
Tell me about it.

They could have edited the snow out though, if it wasn't meant to be there.
Old 10-19-2002, 03:03 PM   #82
Lollypopgurl
Elven Warrior

I LOVED THE TRAILER!!!!!!!!! I know now what they meant when they said on the DVD about how the first film is nothing compared to the second.
Old 10-19-2002, 07:08 PM   #83
Gerbil
Elf Lord

Well, that explains it from a filming point of view possibly, but hardly helps the story does it?
Old 10-19-2002, 08:27 PM   #84
Gerbil
Elf Lord

Watched the trailer another couple of times and more comments:

1) I realised most of you probably won't know the film I mentioned the music comes from - Requiem for a Dream. Mainly because it's an 18 rated film about drug abuse. But if you have anything to grab MP3s - do so, it's ace

2) The more I see of it the more amazing the battle at Helm's Deep is going to be. I am going into hibernation until the film comes out. WAR!!!

3) Treebeard's toes - he walks like Tolkien describes! I won't get into a pointless comment about how weird it is what PJ keeps in and what he doesn't, but this point alone gave me a 'yay' moment!

RotK - Exactly how amazing will that be? Three major battles (MT, Ithilian, and in front of Morder). PJ might be able to cut out 1 of them, but still... 2 eh? Am going to try to see Attack of the Clones again to see how (badly) it stands up to this trailer!
Old 10-19-2002, 09:25 PM   #85
Kalimac
Enting

>>this scene comes before midgewater and still doesn't make sense because of the snow<<

Hmm . . maybe it snows in October in Middle-earth during this time period and they do appear to be in a higher elevation . . snow could happen . . I guess I can't figure out why this doesn't make sense to you, unless you live in a warm climate . .

Nitpicking aside; from all spoiler reports from TOrN, TOrC, and WOtR to name just a few . . the Extended version has corrected many of the original problems, hopefully.
Kalimac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2002, 05:47 PM   #86
Gerbil
Elf Lord

Quote:
Hmm . . maybe it snows in October in Middle-earth during this time period and they do appear to be in a higher elevation . . snow could happen . . I guess I can't figure out why this doesn't make sense to you, unless you live in a warm climate . .
Because in the space of maybe 2 hours of them setting off from Bree (around the time the hobbits would want a second breakfast) they've had a snowstorm that completely covers the surrounding area, and which melts again fast enough never to be seen again. Bree and it's immediate surroundings are hardly mountainous (so no high altitude to help), and they left Bree (despite the rain) in summer or so.

Quote:
. . the Extended version has corrected many of the original problems, hopefully.
Many, but not all.

What I find odd is so many of these mistakes were so immediately apparent that it beggers belief how the film got to be released without anyone noticing early enough to correct some of them.
Old 10-20-2002, 06:46 PM   #87
olsonm
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally posted by Gerbil
Because in the space of maybe 2 hours of them setting off from Bree (around the time the hobbits would want a second breakfast) they've had a snowstorm that completely covers the surrounding area, and which melts again fast enough never to be seen again. Bree and it's immediate surroundings are hardly mountainous (so no high altitude to help), and they left Bree (despite the rain) in summer or so.
They left Bree in early October, just like the book. It was a combination of rain and snow that fell as they left Bree. It snowed enough that morning to lightly cover some ground that was in the open. The next time we see them the time lapse is indeterminate so there is plenty of time for the snow to have melted.

I live in southern Minnesota, USA (a northern state) and it snowed today: Oct. 20, 2002. It snowed (mixed with rain) early in the morning for a few hours and the open ground was covered in a thin blanket of wet snow. A few hours later it had all melted away. The scene in the movie works.
Old 10-20-2002, 08:04 PM   #88
Gerbil
Elf Lord

Quote:
The scene in the movie works.
For you maybe. *shrugs*
Old 10-20-2002, 08:05 PM   #89
Sminty_Smeagol
Manic Cardboard-Box Dweller

I'm sure this has been asked, but i'm too lazy to look through all these posts... anyone knwo whwre I can find that music??? requiem for a dream or sumthin?

-~*Sminty*~-
Sminty_Smeagol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2002, 08:12 PM   #90
Gerbil
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally posted by Sminty_Smeagol
I'm sure this has been asked, but i'm too lazy to look through all these posts... anyone knwo whwre I can find that music??? requiem for a dream or sumthin?

-~*Sminty*~-
Spot on, that's the film. Search for soundtrack or something in winmx or summat. Or better yet, go buy the CD itself - well worth the money.
Old 10-20-2002, 08:31 PM   #91
Starr Polish
Elf Lord

Location: Slow down and I sail on the river, slow down and I walk to the hill
As soon as I found out where the music was from (about five minutes after I saw the trailer for the first time) I went out and downloaded it. I am now trying to get my band teacher to let us play the theme for concert band.
Old 10-20-2002, 08:41 PM   #92
olsonm
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally posted by Gerbil
For you maybe. *shrugs*
For me definately.
Old 10-23-2002, 12:59 PM   #93
Gerbil
Elf Lord

Speaking of the music, I just found this:

http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/8/1035391397

Well, since we've only had 1 trailer using RfaD music, this implies that there's at least 1 more (possibly 2, although we are running a bit short on time!) still to come. Hurrah!
Old 10-23-2002, 01:01 PM   #94
Ms. Undomial
Custous Sanctus

on what web-site can I find "the trailer"??
I must not fear. Fear is the mind killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. - Dune
Ms. Undomial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2002, 01:12 PM   #95
Cirdan
Elf Lord of the Grey Havens

there's a link about ten posts back.
There exists a limit to the force even ther most powerful may apply without destroying themselves. Judging this limit is the true artistry of government. Misuse of power is the fatal sin. The law cannot be a tool of vengance, never a hostage, nor a fortification against the martyrs it has created. You cannot threaten any individual and escape the consequences.

-Muad'dib on Law
The Stilgar Commentary
Cirdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2002, 01:14 PM   #96
Ms. Undomial
Custous Sanctus

Where? I couldn't find it.
I must not fear. Fear is the mind killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. - Dune
Ms. Undomial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2002, 01:21 PM   #97
Gerbil
Elf Lord

Go to

www.apple.com/trailers

You want trailer 'The Two Towers 2' under New Line.

Last edited by Gerbil : 10-23-2002 at 01:23 PM.
Gerbil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2002, 02:25 PM   #98
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Geez, are people blind or something. It's only been posted more than once. Read the frickin' thread people.
Old 10-23-2002, 07:34 PM   #99
Sminty_Smeagol
Manic Cardboard-Box Dweller

whats the piece called and where can I find it for download? I can't find it anywhere
Sminty_Smeagol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2002, 09:19 PM   #100
Gerbil
Elf Lord

The actual version of the Requiem for a Dream title track used in the trailer isn't directly available anywhere as far as I am aware.
You will just have to download the 'standard' soundtrack from the movie for now.

I did come across something on amazon that said there is a new CD coming out with remixes of RfaD soundtracks, which may or may not (hopefully it does) contain the orchestral 'remix' for TTT trailer:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...07357?v=glance

Personally I hope it does include it, because much as I like the RfaD soundtrack, the piece on TTT trailer is, dare I say, better