Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-16-2003, 11:22 PM   #81
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

They tattooed their pet fishes so the fishes would get Christian burials?? *regrets flushing last dead fish down the goldfish graveyard....*

sorry.....

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Rían is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2003, 11:24 PM   #82
Gwaimir Windgem
Dread Mothy Lord and Halfwitted Apprentice Loremaster

How could you, Rian? Now the poor fishie will never get to fishie heaven...

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Gwaimir Windgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2003, 11:33 PM   #83
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

he'll just go the (un)scenic route....

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Rían is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2003, 01:51 AM   #84
Baby-K
Corruptor

My tupence worth: (what did you really think you'd get through Thursday without it? Hell I left you alone for 2 days didn't I?)

I have a tattoo & have been rearing to get another (I firmly believe the ink is addictive), but my friends & family have been trying to dissuade me from doing so. I almost went last Tuesday (thank the gods I didn't - I was in no fit state)

WARNING: Never have a tattoo done when you are drunk, stoned (or suffering the effects of any illegal OR legal stimulants) or coming down from something........

I love tattoos on guys - bit of a turn on, but it has to be tasteful (none of those "I Love My Mom" kinda sh*t and skulls & cr*p are out too)

As for piercings - at the mo' I only have my ears pierced, but in the past I had a nose ring, one through my eyebrow (that was fleeting - only lasted about 4 hours & was discarded when I wanted to wash my face & the bloody thing got to be just that - bloody) and I've also had my ears pierced at the top - which also didn't last long 'cos I was having difficulty sleeping Never have been interested in getting my belly pierced (ol' Britney & her dear friend Christina put me off that, thank you very much)
Old 04-17-2003, 02:41 PM   #85
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

I'm thinking about getting a stylised whale-design as tattoo but I just can't decide where to put it and if it would work out. Best not in a too showy place. I don't want my grandparents to see it. (me and my sis are only grandchildren and they still see us the way we were when we were 12. )
Old 04-18-2003, 11:31 AM   #86
samwiselvr2008
Elf Lord

I don't think that tatoos would look good on me, and I don't want to go through the pane, they don't bother me when I see other people wearing them, but you have to be carefull because it could give someone else the rong message about you. If I ever got a tatoo, it would be really small and somewhere not private but easily hidden. I wouldn't get them on my ankle if I did get one, because I broke my ankle about a year and a half ago and had to have surgery on it, and now I'm really protective of my ankle.

As for piercings, I got my ears peirsed a couple of years ago, and they were a real bother, and were easily infected, stuff like that. I think now that it was a real big wast of money, I can think of better things to pute my money into other then holes. I don't mind other people getting there body peirced, but I won't get mine peirsed ever again *unless I change my mind*.

Movie vewing count from the theater:
Return of the King:9
Two Towers: 11
Fellowship: 13

FRODO LIVES!
samwiselvr2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2003, 08:29 PM   #87
miss_poet
Enting

Piercings/Tattoos

I have my ears pierced. Only once. I thought about getting them pierced again, but I didn't think it looked good. I think that tattoos are cool but I probably wouldn't want one. I WOULD want the red elvish nine of my left arm, though LoL. But, as for anything else --
As I look into the sky and sit and watch the stars I think of you. I wonder if you remember me the way I was or the way I am now. I know I will always keep a place for you in my heart. Even though the shadows fall and the darkness enters you will always be with me. I remember one thing about you. Your eyes. I used to look in them like pools of blue water. I could stare at them forever like the dark blue sky on a cloudy night. As I sit here still watching the stars I think of you, but the one thing I remember is your eyes.
miss_poet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2003, 12:31 AM   #88
Anglorfin
Alasailon

I'm not big on piercings. I don't find them gross or anything I just don't like them, and I can't picture myself getting any and looking good. As for tatoos I like them and want to get a couple myself.

"Anglorfin was tall and straight; his hair was of shining gold, his face fair and young and fearless and full of anger; his eyes were bright and keen, and his voice like music; on his brow sat wisdom, and in his hand was great skill."
Anglorfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2003, 06:04 AM   #89
Baby-K
Corruptor

I've decided to get a new tat done - but now I can't decide wot I want, I really want a snow crystal like this on my back (in the middle), I'll have to do a design of course - want it done in dark blue, with white & ice blue shading

But I've seen some nice lizzies lately that I wouldn't mind either (luv gheckos & I think a dragon or another ghecko would go nicely with the one I already have), I'd probably put it on my stomach, below the belly button or on the small of my back (will need to decide where if I take the liz, 'cos everyone seems to have their's there & I want it to be visible, but not where every schmuck has his / hers) - summin like this mebbe.....will see if I find a better pic I'll put it up

This is one of the nicest ones I've seen on a guy in a while (if you open the link, go to the 'pick category' drop down on the left & select 'dragons', from there go to image # 2 [click on next] - for some reason the link goes directly to the main page, which btw has a great example of what ink should NOT look like IMO)

Dragon
Old 07-08-2003, 07:11 AM   #90
Millane
The Dude

hehehe the irish guy in charlies angels has a very classy one across his back saying "ONLY GOD WILL JUDGE ME"... It would make for a great tat but i dont think i could do it...
a priest vallon influenced one will be my first preference at the moment, im not sure what though. Maybe his cross and a dead rabbit...
ooooohh babyk id beware of that snowflake one, a girl i knew wanted one and i guess it was too hard or a dodgy tattooist, anyway he botched it, but by no means let me dissuade you
Old 07-08-2003, 07:15 AM   #91
Baby-K
Corruptor

Quote:
Originally posted by Millane
ooooohh babyk id beware of that snowflake one, a girl i knew wanted one and i guess it was too hard or a dodgy tattooist, anyway he botched it, but by no means let me dissuade you
Nah - one of me mates will do it for me - he's an excellent artist (I should put some of his work up, but the bugger's site is under construction)
Old 07-08-2003, 10:33 AM   #92
wahine
The Original Amazonian Coconut

laughs at the various spellings of tattoo

I have my ears pierced, but never seem to put earrings in. I think they grew in!

I'd never do a real tattoo, for the simple fact that one day I will be old, and fat, and wrinkly and it won't look good. Plus, I don't want to run the risk of diseases.

Tattoo's are not a turn-on for me, nor a turn-off. Just something THERE. Unlike for some people around here.

Guys who are pierced I find repulsive, on the other hand. Ears don't bother me, but anything else--especially nipples and--other things-- BOTHER me. Distrub me even. *mental grimace*

And piercings on the face I think is laughable. I certainly don't wish to have medal in and on my face.

Henna Tattoo's I have done, and I don't mind them, they just fade pretty bad if you don't keep them up. I think that style if temporary tattoo is very exotic looking. Last time I did it was ...4 years ago?! I am thinking.

Anyway, that's all I have
Old 07-08-2003, 11:22 AM   #93
Ragnarok
Rohirrim Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Cirdan
I read that tatooing and peicing are the leading causes of recently contracted hepatitis virus C. Just make sure the place sterilizes the equipment.
Yea, but they found the hepatitis virus C wasn't coming from the needles, it was in the ink (after being used on several other people).
Ragnarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2003, 12:27 PM   #94
Elfmaster XK
Possessive Villain Fancier

I like both. I have the generic ear piercing, and I have my tongue pierced, and like it, though my parents were angry for a while.

I want a tattoo, but am not sure what to get. I did want a black tribal-type thing, but there's a lot of that about, so am pondering getting this dagger thing with two snakes coiled around it. Is pretty and I'll see if I can find a picture.

My soul is painted like the wings of butterflies,
Fairytales of yesterday will grow but never die,
I can fly - my friends.

XK
Elfmaster XK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2003, 01:46 PM   #95
Bombadillo
"The Bomb"

Well, I don't really care about either issue, but I think peircings should only be for the ears, with few excepsions (sp!). And if tattoos are regarded as 'statements of personality and individuality,' why are there so many generic ones that everyone has?

I'm in no rush to get either (plus it hurts), but if I would one day, I'd only have one earing in the left ear, and between 1 and 4 non-generic tattoos.
Old 07-08-2003, 05:09 PM   #96
Baby-K
Corruptor

Quote:
Guys who are pierced I find repulsive, on the other hand. Ears don't bother me, but anything else--especially nipples and--other things-- BOTHER me. Distrub me even. *mental grimace*
Then you shiuk see wot pics I hsvbe!

Quote:
Yea, but they found the hepatitis virus C wasn't coming from the needles, it was in the ink (after being used on several other people).
That was huts a scare ye shiyufdl gho to a propers place!
Old 07-08-2003, 05:54 PM   #97
gollum9630
Canadian Guy.

i probably wont get a tatoo, maybe a killer beaver if i do though (jking). I have my ear pierced though, but i usually only were a stud, i dont really like hoops.

Wierd Harry Potter quotes

the old nintendo duck hunt game

Lemmings

Swron

Random Homer Simpson Quotes
gollum9630 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2003, 05:56 PM   #98
Baby-K
Corruptor

Kilertg beavert hahahahahahah Rofgloamo!@
Old 07-08-2003, 06:00 PM   #99
gollum9630
Canadian Guy.

Quote:
Originally posted by Baby-K
Kilertg beavert hahahahahahah Rofgloamo!@

you got a problem with a killer beaver. They will be are weapons when we take over america. We are training them right now, and they will chew through the americans legs and ,=make thjem useless. oops, said to much. forget what you just read. Any ways, if i were to get one ( which i wont) it would be holding a canadian flag and wearing a canadian hockey jersey

Wierd Harry Potter quotes

the old nintendo duck hunt game

Lemmings

Swron

Random Homer Simpson Quotes
gollum9630 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2003, 06:03 PM   #100
Baby-K
Corruptor

jy's fokken pioes snaaks!!!!!

Last edited by Baby-K : 07-08-2003 at 06:06 PM.
Baby-K is offline   Reply With Quote