Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2005, 02:58 PM   #81
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

*sigh* Such a child...

People tend to fear and hate that which they do not and or will not understand. Hence, wars and discrimination.

What do you fear? What do you not wish to understand?

Things that make you go " Hmmmm...."

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Last edited by Lotesse : 10-06-2005 at 02:59 PM.
Old 10-06-2005, 02:59 PM   #82
Andúril
The Original Corruptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotesse
I would put up some of my ocean pix, too, but I don't have an online account that will accomodate the huge size of my photos. I tend to take all my pics in the largest setting, which is 3072 X 2304 pixels or whatever. Mondo enormo.
Why not resize them? If you use an app like Photoshop, you have control over the amount of compression used. Go for something like max 700-800 pixels wide. At the photography sites that I upload these pics, they restrict submissions to 600 or 500 pixels both ways. I just use Imageshack.
Old 10-06-2005, 03:01 PM   #83
littleadanel
of the House of Bëor

WHAT is this war & taking over stuff? Help, help; I'm being repressed

Now, I have something nicer to say. Lotesse, I printed & COLORED & scanned back & uploaded the original pic of Dragazzo... take a look, does it resemble him?

So. I'll try posting the pic instead of a link...

Edity-edit: here we go. Whoops, cross-posting. Anyway... how does he look like?

Last edited by littleadanel : 10-06-2005 at 03:05 PM. Reason: Trying to show that pic >:/
Old 10-06-2005, 03:03 PM   #84
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Can Photoshop et al compress to a smaller size a photo I've already taken, while retaining the integrity of the entire pic, without removing anything or altering the quality? If so, how cool is THAT. I need to learn how to use Photoshop.

Old 10-06-2005, 03:05 PM   #85
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Dragazzo

THANK YOU, littleadanel!!!! How beautiful he is! Oh, he's so sweet, and so cute! Look, he's sleeping, his little eyes are closed...

Last edited by Lotesse : 10-06-2005 at 03:06 PM.
Old 10-06-2005, 03:07 PM   #86
rohirrim TR
Friendly Neigborhood Sith Lord

Lotesse, don't you get it i don't hate anything , thats why i need you, you can take care of the hate department and i can rule the galaxy its brilliant, it solves world peace and the problem with U.N
...Inspiration is a highly localized phenomenon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gaffer
It seems that as soon as "art" gets money and power (real or imagined), it becomes degenerate, derivative and worthless. A bit like religion.
Old 10-06-2005, 03:09 PM   #87
littleadanel
of the House of Bëor

Glad you like him, Lotesse This afternoon I just felt like doing something ELSE than reading photocopies of textbooks... hence the colorful Dragazzo

Last edited by littleadanel : 10-06-2005 at 03:12 PM.
Old 10-06-2005, 03:10 PM   #88
Andúril
The Original Corruptor

Quote:
Can Photoshop et al compress to a smaller size a photo I've already taken, while retaining the integrity of the entire pic, without removing anything or altering the quality? If so, how cool is THAT. I need to learn how to use Photoshop.
Different apps used different algorithms to compress the files. I always select the minimum amount of compression when saving, unless there is a file size constraint, and not just a limit on the dimensions. You'll have loads of detail in your pics that way. My camera doesn't capture RAW images--they're already compressed JPEG files.

Just don't use something like Paint (in Windows) to resize pics. It defaults to a very lossy compression algorithm.
Old 10-06-2005, 03:12 PM   #89
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

I love him!

rohirrim, wars and wishes of ultimate dominance spring from nothing else BUT hate and fear. Having hatred is a necessary prerequisite for wishing to wage war against another group. We don't wage wars against those we love or respect, now do we?

Old 10-06-2005, 03:15 PM   #90
rohirrim TR

Thats why i need you, to provide the dark force hate energy, to control the world i'm sure we could find a place for your ice dragon, we could give her the planet hoth as soon as we conquer it
Quote:
It seems that as soon as "art" gets money and power (real or imagined), it becomes degenerate, derivative and worthless. A bit like religion.
Old 10-06-2005, 03:19 PM   #91
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andúril
Different apps used different algorithms to compress the files. I always select the minimum amount of compression when saving, unless there is a file size constraint, and not just a limit on the dimensions. You'll have loads of detail in your pics that way. My camera doesn't capture RAW images--they're already compressed JPEG files.

Just don't use something like Paint (in Windows) to resize pics. It defaults to a very lossy compression algorithm.
My camera has RAW function, which one time I had it accidentally set on RAW and took a whole series of INCREDIBE pics of the middle of downtown L.A. at sunrise on a very clear, pink and peach coloured morning. I was hanging out the window of the 22nd floor of a nice hotel, and taking photos. Man, oh, man; some of the prettiet stuff I've done all year was that session! But I know nothing about RAW - basically, I know very little at all about how to best utilise all the functions on my dig cam, but RAW really stumps me.

Old 10-06-2005, 03:21 PM   #92
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Really? and what makes you think that her hate will be the unbridled kind that you need in order to rule? She has learned to control her anger (for the most part) wisely.
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
Old 10-06-2005, 03:25 PM   #93
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Grazie molto, Shah! T'is true, not only that but whatever rage I may have belongs only to me, and absolutely NO ONE can use it, access it, shape it bend it or otherwise affect it except for me, myself and I. It is an excercise in futility to attempt to manipulate me or my emotions to any cause other than what I myself choose freely. And I choose not a cause of wanton destruction and hatred and dominance, such as this "empire' propagates with such obvious relish.

Old 10-06-2005, 03:29 PM   #94
Andúril
The Original Corruptor

Quote:
But I know nothing about RAW - basically, I know very little at all about how to best utilise all the functions on my dig cam, but RAW really stumps me.
RAW is just a non-compressed (or lossless/very slight lossy compression) format. You'll find that the file size is huge compared to the equivalent JPEG file. At smaller image dimensions it is sometimes extremely difficult to tell the difference between the two. For posting on the net though, best to resize and save as a JPEG with the lowest compression.
Old 10-06-2005, 03:38 PM   #95
rohirrim TR

who said anything about wanton destruction, it all has a purpose, me taking over the galaxy BTW there TLSP if you want to join the empire just contact us in the join the dark side thead and we can make you a moff
Quote:
Old 10-06-2005, 03:39 PM   #96
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

So, this Imageshack or like trolls' bane mentioned Photobucket; these are online services wherein one can upload their pics AFTER resizing?

Old 10-06-2005, 03:53 PM   #97
Andúril
The Original Corruptor

Quote:
So, this Imageshack or like trolls' bane mentioned Photobucket; these are online services wherein one can upload their pics AFTER resizing?
Yup. Here are the limitations at Imageshack:

Old 10-06-2005, 05:02 PM   #98
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohirrim TR
who said anything about wanton destruction, it all has a purpose, me taking over the galaxy BTW there TLSP if you want to join the empire just contact us in the join the dark side thead and we can make you a moff
Oh - so as long as your dreams of dominance and war have a PURPOSE, then it's O.K. Hmmm. Hitler had a purpose, too, and big dreams, when he attempted to dominate the world. I want NOTHING to do with it. Keep your war and your fantasies of world domination, little buddy. You remind me of that Plankton guy in Spongebob Squarepants!! Plankton: "I - am GOING - to RULE - the WORLD!! hee hee." *beat* Spongebob: "Well good luck with that!"

Old 10-06-2005, 05:06 PM   #99
rohirrim TR

"there are many forces in the world frodo baggins, not all of them are evil," I mean if your principles are too high to help me rule the world , i think you need to lower your standards
Quote:
Old 10-06-2005, 05:53 PM   #100
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

We bow for no one, punny mortal! *not that I am any closer to immortality...i can just kill you faster than you can kill me....does that count?* And I am already on the dark side...just not YOUR dark side. I have my own agendas....
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
Closed Thread