Old 01-27-2005, 06:58 PM   #81
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

even with FM's "help" i cant do that stoooopid cube
Last Child of Ungoliant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 07:00 PM   #82
Twista
Orodruin's Flame

Yes I did! I finished it before, but whenever I returned i didnt realise you can "continue" your previous game and I kept starting a a new one. lol.

Im getting there now...

Visit the Ye Olde Avatar Shop and The New One

Dont tell me what I cannot do

Two men are on a Island, they both see a "monster", one sees a bright light, and the other sees a dark cloud

My name bares no reference to the music artist.
Twista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 07:49 PM   #83
Fat middle
Mootis per forum
Administrator

FINISHED!! I'M OUT

I've left a messagge for you Nurvi

BTW, the worst thing about hints is when you had previously taken that way but hadn't paid enough attention to it

Now, I can go and rest...

Last edited by Fat middle : 01-27-2005 at 07:50 PM.
Fat middle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 08:05 PM   #84
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Yes! I'm out too! I didn't see your post here, or I might have said something clever and witty in return.

Except... it's 1am, so I am neither clever nor witty.

Gnight everyone! Tomorrow FM and I can help you.

Psst... boast about your victory just a tad in your sig... and promote this mind-busting game!
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Nurvingiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 09:37 PM   #85
cassiopeia
Viggoholic

Not meaning to brag, but I worked out the rose petal game in about ten seconds. I'm attempting the Road Block game -- I'm up to level seven. Argh! I'm getting addicted!
Old 01-27-2005, 09:40 PM   #86
ItalianLegolas
Tolkien-aholic

Location: somewhere in the solar system... more specifically NJ...
its fun, and simplistic, yet still somehow fun
Old 01-28-2005, 07:40 AM   #87
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

I beat the Road Block game.

I am often stumped by dice, FM can attest to that eh?
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Old 01-28-2005, 08:36 AM   #88
Fat middle
Mootis per forum
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurvingiel
I beat the Road Block game.

I am often stumped by dice, FM can attest to that eh?
Yep I'll have to try that too.
Old 01-28-2005, 06:18 PM   #89
Khamûl
Slacker
Warrior Admin

Sorry I wasn't in time to help you, Nurvingiel.

Here's the solution to level 17 for Earniel, if she still wants it. I'm posting the entire solution, so if you don't want the complete answer, just highlight part of it.

Password - hotwater : right up left up right down right up right up left down right down left

And there you have it.

Psalm 107:31
Khamûl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 06:52 PM   #90
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

No worries Khamul. I did it on my own steam!

Has anyone tried Archipelago? It's even worse than The Dark Room.
try it out
Quote:
Old 01-29-2005, 08:34 AM   #91
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khamûl
Here's the solution to level 17 for Earniel, if she still wants it. I'm posting the entire solution, so if you don't want the complete answer, just highlight part of it.
Thank you!

Gah, why didn't I see that before? I've been spending hours on finding the way out. Kudos on finding it yourself, Nurv.
Old 01-29-2005, 05:18 PM   #92
Nibs
Head Hollara

I felt pretty good about myself when, after thinking over the petal thing fo about fifteen seconds, I solved the game right away, without error. Then I read the part below:

"It had taken Dr. Duke well over a year himself, and he would always explain that the smarter you were, the longer it took to figure it out."

I'll hope that's a clever lie.
Nibs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 07:29 PM   #93
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

I'm quite sure it's the quoted person trying to make up for taking a year to solve the thing. Not that taking ages makes you dumb, but I don't think being clever at this puzzle means you're stupid. That's just silly.

Twista, you were complaining about FM and I abandonning you in the Dark Room... well ask us questions here!
Quote:
Old 02-04-2005, 05:53 AM   #94
Draken
Elf Lord

The Road Block game was fun! Like everyone else seems to I found that Level 17 was the first one that REALLY made me think. The last three levels were really easy, or maybe I was just getting used to it.

....or am I?
Draken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 11:08 AM   #95
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

12 had me going for a while, but both Eärniel and I were stuck on 17 for an obscene amount of time.
Quote:
Old 02-04-2005, 06:47 PM   #96
Khamûl
Slacker
Warrior Admin

Want to know something funny about that Road Block game? When you win, the word "Congradulations" comes up on the screen along with the credits. The only thing is, the word is spelled "Congratulations". These guys can make such a cool and mind-stretching game, yet they can't even spell the word "Congratulations." Brilliant.

Psalm 107:31
Khamûl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 04:57 AM   #97
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Well, after everyone goin' on about how wonderful the dark room was, I decided to try it. Hadn't previously bothered, because of the difficulty maneuvering around. Red was easy, blue was easy, yellow was a biatch, - me and the BF were working it out on a mock up cube, and we found a way where you only needed to make one cancellation (by putting two 'crosses' next to each other, and cancelling in such a way that it only left 4 squares lit, and then you could fill in the last 20 squares by just placing the 'cross' (5 squares) shapes). 'Course it didn't work on the dark room cos of that majority rule that it seems to follow....

Gonna work at the rest tomorrow....

Last edited by BeardofPants : 02-05-2005 at 05:22 AM.
BeardofPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 08:45 AM   #98
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

The thing with yellow is...
(this is basically the secret to this puzzle)

(spoilers below)

when you turn off the lights, it still leaves the square you clicked lit. So if there's one square black and all the squares around it are on, you can click it, and it will turn on, and 4 around it will turn off. Click it again and it will stay on and the 4 around it will turn on, and now it's solid.
Quote:
Old 02-05-2005, 04:23 PM   #99
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Yep, I know, that's how I ended up solving it. I worked from the bottom up, and just kept clicking until I had one black square remaining. Now utterly stuck on green. I know what I have to do, but it's playing around with the combinations that it getting me. I think I drew my diagrams wrong...
Old 02-05-2005, 05:50 PM   #100
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Well, it turned out that I *did* draw my diagrams wrong, and I had one overlapping where it shouldn't've been, so I re-drew them, and then managed to solve it about 10 minutes later. Feeling really pleased so far though, haven't needed to look up hints or a walkthrough.

Clocked, and saved. Check out my message.

Overall: the hardest one was yellow and green. Yellow because initially I didn't quite figure out the correct means of cancellation. If it weren't for the majority rules thing, I would have beat it quicker cos me and the BF figured a way to do it without having to rely on that rule, but oh well. The green tripped me up for a while, because I'd drawn out the overlap wrong... The only room which I didn't instantly click on what to do was probably the red room. Everything else pretty much involved patterns of some sort, but the red room was a mock up of a dice, which I didn't immediately figure out. Blue was easy, purple was easy, orange was easy. Red was easy once you figured out what it was meant to be, green and yellow were moderately hard. White was easy.

Last edited by BeardofPants : 02-05-2005 at 07:40 PM.
BeardofPants is offline   Reply With Quote