FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2004, 07:03 AM   #81
Jonathan
Entmoot Attorney-General,
Equilibrating the Scales of Justice, Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Millane
ahhh such a great thread, people posting themselves into a nice hole of rudeness and childishness (and should i mention sarcasm, i think that SGH in her bitterness has worn out the rolleyes smilie), and now i can throw rocks at them, goody
Exactly my thoughts, I suggest we ban the rolleye smiley as well. It does nothing but shows disrespect to the others (unless followed by a friendlier smiley ).

Quote:
Originally posted by Millane
SGH we may all be ignorant little shits when it comes to you and Ruinel, but we can all see the spitefullness in your posts it sounds to me that you think everyone should just hate Ruinel instantly because *shock, horror* she broke the rules , might i suggest burning Artanis at the stake for her ultimate display of herecy, talking for her friend
Ruinel might have deserved getting banned but of course people will react when a popular and well-liked mooter is told to leave the Moot for good, and it’s not getting any better when you (SGH) tells people that they know nothing about the underlying reasons for Ruinel’s ban and that they should just shut up and forget about it. No one wants to forget about Ruinel!
You’re the most active admin at this board and it’s really good that you take time moderating (and even banning) but when you’re rolling your eyes at everyone, it’s really hard to show one’s appreciation and say “wow, SGH did some moderating – she saved the day!”.

Keep up the good work but please - next time you ban someone, be a little more sensitive toward the other mooters if they happen to miss the banned person.
An unwritten post is a delightful universe of infinite possibilities. Set down one word, however, and it immediately becomes earthbound. Set down one sentence and it’s halfway to being just like every other bloody entry that’s ever been written.
Old 05-26-2004, 07:35 AM   #82
Fat middle
Mootis per forum
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Jonathan
I suggest we ban the rolleye smiley as well. It does nothing but shows disrespect to the others (unless followed by a friendlier smiley ).
I endorse your proposal! I've been about to suggest it myself several times.
Old 05-26-2004, 07:54 AM   #83
Linaewen
Fair Dinkum

SGH, whilst I might not entirely agree with your course of action; I know that are you are under the burden of making a lot of difficult decisions, and since you are the main admin around here, you cop all the protests from angry members. I also consider you a friend and hope that this disagreement doesn't sour that.

Having said that, I have to say that I think it's fair for Ruinel to do what she can to let her voice be heard- her presence had a great impact on this place and both sides should be allowed to be expressed.

I just hope this can be reconciled soon. I absolutely hate times like these on Entmoot, especially when it's between friends of mine.

Lastly: yeah, ban the rolleye smiley!
Old 05-26-2004, 07:56 AM   #84
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

I totally support SGH. IMO, this thread is silly. Ruinel broke the rules repeatedly. SGH does not have the time, and should not be expected to keep little sets of additional rules that only apply to certain posters when they are feeling fiesty. If Ru had just kept her fingers still and let the little 2 day ban pass, she would be here now. I swear.....I keep thinking this is an April Fools Day thread. It has all the campy drama of one.
Old 05-26-2004, 08:59 AM   #85
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

Hey guys, I guess I missed most of the drama (I couldn't get on this weekend) but I have to say I agree, Entmoot is becoming less friendly, too much politics, not enough Tolkien! I spend most of my Entoot time right now in RPGs, (but then, I've got three major ones coming to an end.)
I have nothing to say on Ruinel's ban. I really like Ruinel (my wife, ) but I don't know enough about the situation to say anything. SGH, well, I have to be honest, please don't tske offense, but it seems to me that you've lost some of your sense of fun in the board. That is not completely your fault, people are not always cool to you. (And the whole "unfriendly Entmoot" aspect). But I think EVERYONE needs to remeber that this is aboard for the purpose of people who love Tolkien, to come togethr and discuss Tolkien and other things (GM, Entertainment etc.)

What we need to do is intersperse more "fun" threads in with the srious and political threads.

Anyways I'll post more later, I have to go to History class (which I am brutally failing, due to lack of effort.)

Finrod
Aaron

Last edited by Finrod Felagund : 05-26-2004 at 09:01 AM.
Old 05-26-2004, 09:07 AM   #86
Linaewen
Fair Dinkum

I could've sworn I'd already read the exact same post somewhere else.
Old 05-26-2004, 09:09 AM   #87
Fat middle
Mootis per forum
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Finrod Felagund
Hey guys, I guess I missed most of the drama (I couldn't get on this weekend) but I have to say I agree, Entmoot is becoming less friendly, too much politics, not enough Tolkien! I spend most of my Entoot time right now in RPGs, (but then, I've got three major ones coming to an end.)
I have nothing to say on Ruinel's ban. I really like Ruinel (my wife, ) but I don't know enough about the situation to say anything. SGH, well, I have to be honest, please don't tske offense, but it seems to me that you've lost some of your sense of fun in the board. That is not completely your fault, people are not always cool to you. (And the whole "unfriendly Entmoot" aspect). But I think EVERYONE needs to remeber that this is aboard for the purpose of people who love Tolkien, to come togethr and discuss Tolkien and other things (GM, Entertainment etc.)

What we need to do is intersperse more "fun" threads in with the srious and political threads.

Anyways I'll post more later, I have to go to History class (which I am brutally failing, due to lack of effort.)

Finrod
Aaron
Is this a "déj* vu" or have you copy/paste it from another thread? I'd swear I've read it before...
Old 05-26-2004, 09:14 AM   #88
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Linaewen
...Lastly: yeah, ban the rolleye smiley!

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Ñ á ë ?* ó ú é ä ï ö Ö ñ É Þ ð ß ® ™

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Splitting Threads is SUCH Hard Work!!
Old 05-26-2004, 09:16 AM   #89
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

This thread keeps screaming: "Close me... CLOSE ME!! Close me before I do more harm!!!"

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Ñ á ë ?* ó ú é ä ï ö Ö ñ É Þ ð ß ® ™

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Splitting Threads is SUCH Hard Work!!
Old 05-26-2004, 09:28 AM   #90
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

I do enjoy using the smilie to make fun of *myself*! I now try to limit it to that purpose though, and it is good!
Old 05-26-2004, 09:33 AM   #91
Linaewen
Fair Dinkum

Quote:
Originally posted by Lizra
I do enjoy using the smilie to make fun of *myself*! I now try to limit it to that purpose though, and it is good!
That's true, I use it for that too. To me when other people use it though, it seems to convey a sense of antagonism, though I guess I take it too seriously.

Val:

Quote:
Originally posted by Fat Middle
Is this a "déj* vu" or have you copy/paste it from another thread? I'd swear I've read it before...
Ahem. Is this a "déj* vu" or have you copy/paste it from another thread? I'd swear I've read it before...

Last edited by Linaewen : 05-26-2004 at 09:39 AM.
Old 05-26-2004, 09:41 AM   #92
Elvengirl
Mirthful Maiden

Just wanted to quickly say that I'm sorry to see you go Ruinel.

Wanna play? www.thievesguild.com

Last edited by Elvengirl : 05-26-2004 at 09:44 AM.
Old 05-26-2004, 09:49 AM   #93
Twista
Orodruin's Flame

Quote:
Originally posted by Valandil
This thread keeps screaming: "Close me... CLOSE ME!! Close me before I do more harm!!!"
If so, will it find its rightfull place in the 'Archives', afterall, she was one of the major members among the 'moot.

The mods can at least show her that much by placing her in a 'hall of fame' of sorts...

Visit the Ye Olde Avatar Shop and The New One

Dont tell me what I cannot do

Two men are on a Island, they both see a "monster", one sees a bright light, and the other sees a dark cloud

My name bares no reference to the music artist.
Old 05-26-2004, 09:58 AM   #94
Falagar
Death of Mooters and [Entmoot] Internal Affairs

Quote:
Originally posted by Fat middle
Look in the "Liars and deceivers"-thread.
Quote:

Old 05-26-2004, 10:56 AM   #95
Jonathan
Entmoot Attorney-General,
Equilibrating the Scales of Justice, Administrator

Quote:
I could've sworn I'd already read the exact same post somewhere else.
Yep, here it is. Though the original post had smileys in it, FF's post in this thread doesn't .

Quote:
This post is also copied from the Liars and Deceivers thread - check it out
An unwritten post is a delightful universe of infinite possibilities. Set down one word, however, and it immediately becomes earthbound. Set down one sentence and it’s halfway to being just like every other bloody entry that’s ever been written.
Old 05-26-2004, 11:30 AM   #96
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Jonathan
Exactly my thoughts, I suggest we ban the rolleye smiley as well. It does nothing but shows disrespect to the others (unless followed by a friendlier smiley ).
Despite Millane's arrogant remark on the previous page, I didn't use that smiley in my post that he quoted.

Quote:
Ruinel might have deserved getting banned but of course people will react when a popular and well-liked mooter is told to leave the Moot for good, and it’s not getting any better when you (SGH) tells people that they know nothing about the underlying reasons for Ruinel’s ban and that they should just shut up and forget about it. No one wants to forget about Ruinel!
Thanks for puting words in my mouth Jonathan. First I never used the words "shut up," and second, I never said to forget about it. So would you like to tell me where you read that? And third, you don't know the underlying story, except for the one sided account that you have been told.
Quote:
You’re the most active admin at this board and it’s really good that you take time moderating (and even banning) but when you’re rolling your eyes at everyone, it’s really hard to show one’s appreciation and say “wow, SGH did some moderating – she saved the day!”.
I haven't used the rolleyes smiley all that much, and it is one of the legal images on the baord that is permitted. What ridiculious, petty complaining. And I think under the circumstances I have the right to feel frustrated with this board and many of its members, considering they have openly assisted in defying a ban that I put into effect. I can hardly think that Ruinel's supporters appreciate my moderating Entmoot when they underhandedly aid her against the moderator. While others, such as yourself, and Millane blast off half knowingly informed opinions out of your objectionable feeling toward the moderator actions.

Quote:
Keep up the good work but please - next time you ban someone, be a little more sensitive toward the other mooters if they happen to miss the banned person.
Excuse me? Good work? Funny, it feels like whenever I make a decision in moderating, it's wrong. Ban him, don't ban her, make it this long, no, don't do it that way, you show favoritism, you just don't like me, etc etc etc...You people don't want a moderated board. You want a babysitter around just to stop the other bratty kids from bullying and biting you. Whine asses when it isn't your way. (OMG, the moderator flamed. How awful.

"North away." he said: "to the swords, and the siege, and the walls of defence - that yet for a while in Beleriand rivers may run clean, leaves spring, and birds build their nests, ere Night comes."

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide
Old 05-26-2004, 11:51 AM   #97
Radagast
Elven Warrior

(edited by Radagast)
And bid the sickness cease;
And when your goal is nearest
(The end for others sought)
Watch sloth and heathen folly
Bring all your hope to nought.
Old 05-26-2004, 11:54 AM   #98
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Quote:
SGH, whilst I might not entirely agree with your course of action; I know that are you are under the burden of making a lot of difficult decisions, and since you are the main admin around here, you cop all the protests from angry members. I also consider you a friend and hope that this disagreement doesn't sour that.
As I told you in Instant Message: there is one thing that I have learned from this, and that's that you can;t be friends with the people you moderate, because if you are, this is exactly what happens. As my mom use to say: "Never mix business with pleasure."

Quote:
Having said that, I have to say that I think it's fair for Ruinel to do what she can to let her voice be heard- her presence had a great impact on this place and both sides should be allowed to be expressed.
I disagree with this. as I told you before: when a member puts themselves in a position to be banned in the first place, they forfiet their right to speak any longer or for the duration of the ban. However, in this case, Ruinel has managed to do a wonderful underhanded job of getting around the ban by creating multiple accounts and byuseing members to speak through. Her voice has been heard loud and clear inspite of the ban which shows a disregard for the rules and the people that enforce them. and members aiding her in getting her voice out while ban are showing the very same contempt for the rules and staff.

"North away." he said: "to the swords, and the siege, and the walls of defence - that yet for a while in Beleriand rivers may run clean, leaves spring, and birds build their nests, ere Night comes."

Travel and Tourism Guide
Old 05-26-2004, 11:56 AM   #99
Radagast
Elven Warrior

I find words cannot express my frustration with you all, especially Sister Golden Hair!
And bid the sickness cease;
And when your goal is nearest
(The end for others sought)
Watch sloth and heathen folly
Bring all your hope to nought.
Old 05-26-2004, 11:57 AM   #100
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Quote:
Wouldn't want to do that. That might look too much like moderating and showing favoritism.I mean this is Ruinels thread and it is so all important for a banned member to be able to speak.

Travel and Tourism Guide
Closed Thread