Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-09-2004, 01:54 PM   #81
Beor
founder of the color blue

I dont know for sure, but not many, man!!

YEEEEEE-HAWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-09-2004, 11:12 PM   #82
Bombadillo
"The Bomb"

I wonder what that term was used for before the army originated.

Those are some awesome pictures, whether you took them or not man. And they'll be better once it's all over and recorded too.

Beor, just to hear it from a soldier, what do you think when you hear people saying "Support Our Troops! Bring Them Home!!" Granted, your individual attitudes over there about the war could promt different responses, but would you think that's the right thing to do even if the war is unjustified?
I'm just wondering, because I can't make up my mind. Mainly because I'm always thinking some of you would rather stay and fight (or stay and not fight, or whatever...), and then only some of you would want to come home right now in the middle of it.
Old 04-08-2004, 04:29 PM   #83
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

A lot of us have been wondering and worrying about Beor. If you don't know, he's a US army soldier, stationed in Baghdad - and he's usually been on about every day. However, his last log-on, as of now, was on April 3 (at least in my time zone). (EDIT: his last time logged-on translates to 7:10 pm, GST)

I don't know a whole lot, but here are the possibilities:

He could have been shipped out. If so, he'd have been reunited with his wife and little son - and perhaps the LAST thing she would want him to do right now is spend his time online with US!

He could be out 'in the field'... of course, there's been a big flare-up in recent days, a LOT of fighting going on. If he IS still there, there IS a chance his deployment will be extended. (some of us had the distinct impression that he was ALMOST due to leave... but that he was not allowed to give specifics - however, that may have now changed)

The unthinkable... he could have been killed in action. However - I know his real name, and I have checked casualty lists quite frequently the past several days - and his name has not shown up. There were a FEW soldiers who were not yet identified... but only a very few.

Just thought you'd all like to know what I know. I (or Beor himself) will certainly post further updates to this thread as they become known.

Quote:
"Men... you are soldiers of Gondor! Whatever comes through... you will stand your ground!"

~ Gandalf, ROTK - the movie

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Ñ á ë ?* ó ú é ä ï ö Ö ñ É Þ ð ß ® ™

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Splitting Threads is SUCH Hard Work!!

Last edited by Valandil : 04-08-2004 at 05:05 PM.
Valandil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 05:35 PM   #84
jerseydevil
I am Freddie/UNDERCOVER/ Founder of The Great Continent of Entmoot

I am also concerned. I know his full name and I haven't heard his name come up - so I am thinking he is just busy. They most likely cut off access to the internet because of what is going on over there.

I just hope he's okay - because he tried to play that joke on me - and start an argument with me - but then when it worked - I think he got mad. I would hate for the last conversation I had with him was him being pissed.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

Memorial to the Twin Towers
New Jersey Map
Fellowship of the Messageboard
Legend of the Jersey Devil
Support New Jersey's Liberty Tower
Peacefire.org

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide

jerseydevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 10:38 PM   #85
Lady Ravyn
Thief Queen of Entmoot

i really hope he's okay; i had this dream where i went on entmoot and found he was dead... it was sad, and weird cuz i was on the comp in my dream o.O

beor, hope your ok; i'll say a prayer for ya, man

Proud Member of the Evil Mooters and upstanding citizen of the Planet Bob!

And all you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be...

My Space!

Cynicism is what happens when a person opens their eyes; stops blinking in the sun, and starts wondering "why". Question everything, believe only that which you yourself deem true. Go ahead- Call me cynical.
Lady Ravyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 11:36 PM   #86
hectorberlioz
Master of Orchestration President Emeritus of Entmoot 2004-2008

I hope he's alright...
Of course as JD pointed out, its not likely that they'd have internet over there right now. I bet when he comes back on here, he'll be at home . Meanwhile, I'll keep him in my prayers.

Acaly und Hektor fur Presidants fur EntMut fur life!
Join the discussion at Entmoot Election 2010.
"Stupidissimo!"~Toscanini
The Da CINDY Code
The Epic Poem Of The Balrog of Entmoot: Here ~NEW!
~
Thinking of summer vacation?
AboutNewJersey.com - NJ Travel & Tourism Guide
hectorberlioz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 01:44 AM   #87
Jonathan
Entmoot Attorney-General,
Equilibrating the Scales of Justice, Administrator

Hang in there Beor, wherever you are. Hope you are alright and well and that your job isn't too demanding right now. I wish that you will be back online soon so that you can continue to tell us how things are in Iraq from your point of view. Meanwhile I guess I'll just watch and read the news about Iraq and think good thoughts about you.

That is, unless you're in the process of being shipped home. It would be nice if you got to return to your wife and son soon.

Take care Beor, and come back to us as soon as you can
An unwritten post is a delightful universe of infinite possibilities. Set down one word, however, and it immediately becomes earthbound. Set down one sentence and it’s halfway to being just like every other bloody entry that’s ever been written.
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 10:55 AM   #88
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Hey Beor, stay safe and hurry back.

"North away." he said: "to the swords, and the siege, and the walls of defence - that yet for a while in Beleriand rivers may run clean, leaves spring, and birds build their nests, ere Night comes."

Travel and Tourism Guide
Sister Golden Hair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 11:10 AM   #89
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

i have just seen, on the aol news, the story of the three japanese hostages being threatened with being burned alive, by the iraqi rebels. my thoughts are with the families of all people marred by tragedy in iraq, and i hope beor will come back, safe and sound.
Last Child of Ungoliant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 11:03 PM   #90
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Beor, you were in my thoughts and prayers today. Get back to us as soon as you can.

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Rían is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2004, 06:19 AM   #91
Lalaith_Elf
Her Infernal Majesty

Just posting an update:

Like Val I have been constantly and painstakingly checking the casulties list and fortunatly there has been no mention of Beor, so hopefully he will be returning to us soon.

Return to us quickly Beor - please.
"It is a good viewpoint to see the world as a dream. When you have something like a nightmare, you will wake up and tell yourself that it was only a dream. It is said that the world we live in is not a bit different from this." - Yamamoto Tsunetomo
Lalaith_Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2004, 10:14 AM   #92
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Location: Mirkwood, well actually I live in North-west Scania, Sweden
Quote:
Originally posted by Lalaith_Elf
Just posting an update:

Like Val I have been constantly and painstakingly checking the casulties list and fortunatly there has been no mention of Beor, so hopefully he will be returning to us soon.

Return to us quickly Beor - please.
It's a pity that these guys have be at risk of being shot and blown to pieces every second of the day and now apparently not have the chance of being allowed to go home. If anything I think circulation of troops should be mandantory in such a distinctly unhealthy environment.
Grey_Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2004, 10:21 AM   #93
Lalaith_Elf
Her Infernal Majesty

Yeah, I know. Well Beor should be returning to his wife and kid. I don't know if I should post the day he was due to leave - he had to tell me through a sort of code. But it was pretty soon. Though it was in the news a few days ago that some of the troops out there have to stay a bit longer because of the recent uprisings. I just think that the troops there should get the heck out of Iraq. Theres been too many deaths, and it's horrible to say, but there will probably be more. I know it's good what they're trying to do, and I guess since I know some people over there from RL I'm a bit biased and not to mention selfish. I don't want any of them to get hurt. I don't want to lose any of them.
"It is a good viewpoint to see the world as a dream. When you have something like a nightmare, you will wake up and tell yourself that it was only a dream. It is said that the world we live in is not a bit different from this." - Yamamoto Tsunetomo
Lalaith_Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2004, 10:43 AM   #94
Ruinel
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Grey_Wolf
It's a pity that these guys have be at risk of being shot and blown to pieces every second of the day and now apparently not have the chance of being allowed to go home. If anything I think circulation of troops should be mandantory in such a distinctly unhealthy environment.
Worse, even... aid workers being kidnapped ... aid workers... these are not the people that should be kidnapped... these are the people that bring food when you need it. WTF?

I feel a new thread coming on.
Ruinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2004, 10:44 AM   #95
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally posted by Lalaith_Elf
Yeah, I know. Well Beor should be returning to his wife and kid. I don't know if I should post the day he was due to leave - he had to tell me through a sort of code. But it was pretty soon. Though it was in the news a few days ago that some of the troops out there have to stay a bit longer because of the recent uprisings. I just think that the troops there should get the heck out of Iraq. Theres been too many deaths, and it's horrible to say, but there will probably be more. I know it's good what they're trying to do, and I guess since I know some people over there from RL I'm a bit biased and not to mention selfish. I don't want any of them to get hurt. I don't want to lose any of them.
One could wonder if the Iraquis want order. I mean by killing American soldiers they're only prolonging the coalition's stay in Iraq.
Old 04-10-2004, 10:46 AM   #96
Ruinel
Banned

It's not only the American soldiers being killed, the casualties are from many countries.
Ruinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2004, 10:50 AM   #97
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally posted by Ruinel
It's not only the American soldiers being killed, the casualties are from many countries.
You're quite right, the whole coalition is being victimized (except perhaps for now, the british soldiers who's been pretty free from attacks).
Old 04-10-2004, 10:50 AM   #98
jerseydevil

So what does anyone think will happen if we just left the country? Iraq would fall into civil war and then Al Qaeda will again rightly feel that when the going gets tough - we get the hell out there. We have a job to do and we better not leave until it's done. Beor would not want us to just leave for one thing - I know he wanted to get home to his wife and child - but he also saw the importance of what we are doing.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 04-10-2004, 10:52 AM   #99
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally posted by jerseydevil
So what does anyone think will happen if we just left the country? Iraq would fall into civil war and then Al Qaeda will again rightly feel that when the going gets tough - we get the hell out there. We have a job to do and we better not leave until it's done. Beor would not want us to just leave for one thing - I know he wanted to get home to his wife and child - but he also saw the importance of what we are doing.
If the job could be done without the soldiers being attacked all the time it would be terrific.
Old 04-10-2004, 10:57 AM   #100
jerseydevil

Quote:
Originally posted by Grey_Wolf
If the job could be done without the soldiers being attacked all the time it would be terrific.
The military isn't a safe occupation. If they wanted a safe occupation - they should have gone into needle point.

By the way - last month - two months ago - Rumsfield said that as the June 30th date got closer - it was going to get like this. There are certain elimiates that want this to fail so they can take control of the government and create an islamic fundamentalist country - a place perfect for Al Qaeda to set up camp.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Last edited by jerseydevil : 04-10-2004 at 11:00 AM.