Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-21-2002, 02:22 PM   #81
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

1. Sing a song
2. Save it as a WAV file
3. Go to http://www.wav-to-mp3.com/ and download one of them.
4. Convert it to an MP3. That should take even a long song down to under 5 MB (or 5000 kega bites if that helps you with size. There are 1000 kb in one mb)
5. Go to http://www.tripod.lycos.com
6. There will be three pictures that are links. One says ‘In build’ and has a picture of a hard hat and a little monkey wrench.
7. Click on that picture
8. There is a thing with an orange border and it says BUILDING TOOLS. Click on the link inside the border that is called ‘Site Builder’
9. Click on the ‘sign up’ button.
10. Select ‘free- free’
11. Unless you want more space (you don’t) then go to the bottom of the next button selection and click on ‘no extra disc space’ (note: for steps 10 and 11 you shouldn’t have to really do them I think it selects those for you auto. But check anyways)
12. Where it says ‘member name, this will be part of your URL’ they mean this. If you type in Mymusicrocks, your URL will look like ‘http://www.mymusicrocks.tripod.lycos.com’.
13. You don’t HAVE to fill in your street address or phone. Just zip code and the other stuff (note: if you don’t have your own email addy/don’t want to give it out. Then you can get a free hotmail account. They don’t even ask for your real e-mail addy. A tutorial for doing that will be posted at the bottom of this).
14. After filling everything out, go to the bottom of the page and click ‘I agree’ (read the rules if you want. Always helpful…)
15. Click on ‘activate your account and start building’
16. You may get some silly thing about Spam stopping. Just click on the one for continuing to where you were going.
17. WARNING THIS IS A SLOW EDITOR. BE PATENT.
18. Click on ‘choose a multi page template.’
19. Click on ‘make your mark: Personal Sights’
20. Click on the ‘choose’ link after ‘My Personal sight’
21. Choose a name (I didn’t notice that this affected anything that the viewer will see)
22. Under ‘choose pages for your sight’ take off the ‘favorite links’ and just leave the ‘contact me’ and ‘About me’ selected.
23. There is a little green bar at the bottom of your screen. On the right hand side you will see a yellow arrow with ‘continue’ written under it. Click on that.
24. For simplicity, right now just click on ‘use the suggested design’.
25. Ok. For simplicity, I’m not going to go into how to edit the writing. It’s fairly easy to see.
26. Look at the green bar again. Click on the little diamond thing that says ‘add web gem’.
27. Select the area you want to put the music link in. I’d say click on the ‘put it here’ button that’s right under the ‘welcome’ sign.
28. Click on the blue ‘multimedia’ link.
29. There are four selections. Click on the ‘add’ button in the ‘add sound to your sight’ box.
30. Right now, you have nothing uploaded. So click on the button with a globe on it that reads ‘add a sound file’
31. Then click on ‘browse’
32. Find the place where you stored the music file (PM me if you need help with that) and click on the song.
33. Take all of the spaces out of the name. So if the name is ‘May it be. MP3’. Change it to ‘Mayitbe.MP3’.
34. Ignore the ‘incase of duplicates it’s ok to overwrite.’ And click on ‘done’
35. Go grab some popcorn, this takes a little while. Check your PMs, brows the moot, watch the first five min of FOTR or read the first chapter of the book.
36. Keep reading…
37. Join ‘Dream Portal’ in the RPG forum
38. Ok, now that it’s done loading… It should take you to another page.
39. Select the song (if it isn’t already), and then for ‘play back mode’, select ‘manual start by text click’ and type in the songs name or something (i.e. ‘this is the song’ or ‘click to hear me (hi mom!)’.
40. Some where near the middle of the green bar and to the right a little, you will see something that says ‘publish to web’. Click on it.
41. Choose a name for the page (Although it won’t really matter from what I have seen).
42. Click on ‘publish now’
43. Polish off that popcorn and join ‘dream portal’.
44. Cut and past the Url to Entmoot and then give your self a pat on the back. Well done!!

Now, how to make a hotmail account.

Go to http://www.hotmail.com

In the white side of the page (right side) you will see a link that says ‘sign up’. Click on that.

Then fill everything out (for your last name you can just give a title like I did. Something like entmoot-spammer, or what ever. Or maybe I-love-Tessar.)

Then click on ‘I agree’ at the bottom of the page.

Click ‘continue’ (sorry, no green bar this time).

Then close the page. Nothing on there to interest you (except that you don’t have to worry about loosing your account from inactivity and that you only have five MB of space).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ok. That’s all folks. Pm me if you need anything.
Tessar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2002, 02:24 PM   #82
Tessar
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Quote:
Originally posted by IronParrot
Tessar, great sample, by the way!

Now, if I had some sound editing equipment and software here, I could put an orchestral accompaniment underneath that...
Thanks, I'm glad you liked it. Hopefuly the one I send in will sound even better .
Old 10-21-2002, 02:47 PM   #83
IronParrot
Fowl Administrator

Yeah... you might want to check your time a bit with a metronome set to silent mode, if you have one, because it's pretty hard to keep in tempo without any comping holding you up...
All of IronParrot's posts are guaranteed to be 100% intelligent and/or sarcastic, comprising no genetically modified content and tested on no cute furry little animals unless the SPCA is looking elsewhere. If you observe a failure to uphold this warranty, please contact a forum administrator immediately to receive a full refund on your Entmoot registration.

Blog: Nick's Café Canadien
IronParrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2002, 05:23 PM   #84
Tessar
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Ya, tempos a real killer for me on that song. I think we have one...

Oh yes, I think your piano playing is great!!! I wish I could play that well... Oh well, I play by ear because thats what part of piano I'm good at. I didn't enjoy the lessons very much.

I didn't get to hear your singing. Seems everyone wants too.

Last edited by Tessar : 10-21-2002 at 05:34 PM.
Old 10-22-2002, 06:09 AM   #85
Laurelyn
Elf Lord

Location: Valinor, right next to Telperion . . . what did you expect, Michigan?
How do you adjust the settings on the sound recorder for Windows 98 not to cut you off at 60 seconds? And how do you kill that static?

Angel of music, guide and guardian! Grant to me your glory!

The country I eat and spend the day in is by no means the country I sleep and dream in. Define patriotism.

Hold the boat, you spastic monkey! ~ Elenka
Laurelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2002, 01:38 PM   #86
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

Quote:
Originally posted by Laurelyn
How do you adjust the settings on the sound recorder for Windows 98 not to cut you off at 60 seconds? And how do you kill that static?
Old 10-22-2002, 03:23 PM   #87
Tessar
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Ok. First off. You need to download something else to use. I'll give you an addy later.
Old 10-22-2002, 03:39 PM   #88
Laurelyn
Elf Lord

Thanks, Tessar . . . hopefully later is sooner. As in like by tomorrow if possible. Is it possible? I've got a deadline that - right now- is more important than Entmoot for Saturday, and I'm technologically clueless.

The country I eat and spend the day in is by no means the country I sleep and dream in. Define patriotism.

Old 10-22-2002, 03:53 PM   #89
Tessar
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Soon as in. Ina few hours Mudding right now.
Old 10-22-2002, 04:01 PM   #90
Laurelyn
Elf Lord

Thanx Tessar. That's awesome!

Old 10-22-2002, 04:53 PM   #91
Tessar
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Ok, sorry about the wait.

http://downloads-zdnet.com.com/3000-...ml?tag=lst-0-1

Will take you to a place you can download it. It's only for 15 days so I hope that will be enough.

Then. Once downloaded and you have your song. Go to the sound recorder for windows (the one with the 60 sec max) and open the file there. Then you can make it sound louded or softer by clicking 'effects' and choosing the stuff there.
Old 10-23-2002, 09:50 AM   #92
Tessar
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Did that help?...
Old 10-23-2002, 07:19 PM   #93
galadriel88
Halfwitted Queen of Lothlorien

Wow, you guys have made alot of progress! I'm sorry I haven't been here much, but I've been extremely busy and stressed out lately...and quite frankly I have more important things to take care of at the present than the Entmoot album! I have created a Tripod site but I have no sound files up so there's nothing to see. Right now my major setbacks are a lack of $$$$ to buy a mic and the fact that I have a Mac and therefore most of the downloads only work on Windows. *sighs* The only disadvantage to owning one of these babies.... But I'm gonna look around on the Apple website and I might get to make a trip into Mac Resource to ask the friendly folks there about how to convert wav files to mp3's with itunes, and how to record them.... I am so stressed, you have no idea!!!! We have the performance of Bye Bye Birdie for the entire student body THIS FRIDAY, plus homework, and this, and everything...aaaaaaah!!! It's too much.....

+Every good thing that comes into my life is only a reflection of the greatest gift of all; the offering of yourself, dear Son of God+

Always remember, you're uniqe, just like everybody else!

"The one constant through all the years has been the Trombone. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. Its been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again, but the Trombone has marked the time. This field, this section, this band is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and could be again. Oh, people will come . . . people will most definitely come."
galadriel88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2002, 07:24 PM   #94
Laurelyn
Elf Lord

Hey Galadriel.
Don't worry about your lack of mooting - hey, Real Life always comes first. Dear Eru don't I know it . . .
Good luck on your performance.
The only good news in my life is that if all goes well for me I'll have a file to put up by Saturday. But the current likelihood of all going well is flat nothing. Eru, Why??

Ah, don't mind me. Highly stressed out about impending doomsday . . .

Old 10-23-2002, 09:22 PM   #95
Tessar
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Guys, if you need an extention on the songs you can have them. I'm not gona stand over you and scream 'WHY DIDN'T YOU PUT A SONG UP!?!?!?!?!?'. Really, I was just saying that because I know how easy it is to procrastinate if you don't have a deadline.

Glad, let me see if I can't find you something for your mac.
Old 10-24-2002, 05:38 AM   #96
Laurelyn
Elf Lord

Tessar . . . it's not the Entmoot deadline I'm worried about. Thankies tho.

Old 10-25-2002, 11:48 AM   #97
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

It may take me a while but eventually I'll get it up. Maybe "Music of the Night" as if you DIDN'T know I liked that song!
Old 10-27-2002, 12:04 PM   #98
Laurelyn
Elf Lord

Hey- I have a accapella (spell?) version of a song I've been agonizing over for a while I could put up- only - I'm not allowed to set up a website 'til I'm thirteen. SO:

Does anybody have an email-thingie that won't bounce really big files that coudl set this up for me?

Old 10-28-2002, 03:11 PM   #99
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

THis should be good
Old 10-28-2002, 05:00 PM   #100
Tessar
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Quote:
Originally posted by Laurelyn
Hey- I have a accapella (spell?) version of a song I've been agonizing over for a while I could put up- only - I'm not allowed to set up a website 'til I'm thirteen. SO:

Does anybody have an email-thingie that won't bounce really big files that coudl set this up for me?
Well, my mom said that I can't make you a web sight because if your parents don't want you to have one then it would just be trying to find a loop hole.

BUT she did say that depending on what kind of a song it is that I might be allowed to put it up on my web sight.

So if you could PM me the lerics I will see if I can do it.