Dread Mothy Lord and Halfwitted Apprentice Loremaster

12 Days till New Year!

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Gwaimir Windgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 09:14 AM   #82
Mari
Elf Lady

Haha! Yes, and 6 until Christmas!!! What are you going to cook? I still haven't decided...
Any good ideas?

...The Earth laughs in flowers ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson, "Hamatreya"...
Mari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 11:05 AM   #83
Gwaimir Windgem
Dread Mothy Lord and Halfwitted Apprentice Loremaster

I'm in favour of duck, goose, or ham. If we can find a decent ham, we might do that.

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Gwaimir Windgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 12:29 PM   #84
Mari
Elf Lady

My family and I are difficult eaters. I and my sister don't eat ham and my mother doesn't eat goose. I'm not sure about duck. I can't remember ever eating duck. I'll look up some recipees.
Thanks!

Old 12-19-2007, 12:35 PM   #85
sisterandcousinandaunt
Elf Lord

Or you could have corn casserole and tofu pot pie.

Cool. I want one.

TMNT

No, I'm not emo. I just have a really poor sense of direction. (Thanks to katya for this quote)

This is the best news story EVER!
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26087293/

“Often my haste is a mistake, but I live with the consequences without complaint.”...John McCain

"I shall go back. And I shall find that therapist. And I shall whack her upside her head with my blanket full of rocks." ...Louisa May
sisterandcousinandaunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 12:43 PM   #86
Mari
Elf Lady

Corn casserole...? What should I imagine when hearing that? Let me go check wikipedia...
Oh and my mum just called me and said she bought the ingredients for the broccoli pie or whatever. Her way of making me cook what she likes
Broccoli pie it is then. Now all that's left is dinner...

Old 12-19-2007, 01:09 PM   #87
sisterandcousinandaunt
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari
Corn casserole...? What should I imagine when hearing that? Let me go check wikipedia...
Oh and my mum just called me and said she bought the ingredients for the broccoli pie or whatever. Her way of making me cook what she likes
Broccoli pie it is then. Now all that's left is dinner...
In french terms, corn casserole would be a gratin of corn kernels. Older recipes would call for corn scraped off the cob, but since the advent of frozen vegetables it's more commonly done with frozen whole kernel corn.

Cool. I want one.

TMNT

No, I'm not emo. I just have a really poor sense of direction. (Thanks to katya for this quote)

This is the best news story EVER!
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26087293/

“Often my haste is a mistake, but I live with the consequences without complaint.”...John McCain

"I shall go back. And I shall find that therapist. And I shall whack her upside her head with my blanket full of rocks." ...Louisa May
sisterandcousinandaunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 01:29 PM   #88
strider8
Elven Warrior

Location: In a spaceship, floating in your puny planet's atmosphere, awaiting orders to invade
After tomorrow I will be on my Christmas holidays
The axes hewed Forlong as he fought alone and unhorsed; and both Duilin of Morthond and his brother were trampled to death when they assailed the mumakil,leading their bowmen close to shoot at the eyes of the monsters. Neither Hirluin the fair would return to Pinnath Gelin, nor Grimbold to Grimslade, nor Halbarad to the northlands,dour-handed Ranger.

Those that would not return home, page830-831, The Battle of the Pelennor Fields, The Return of the King
strider8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 02:21 PM   #89
strider8
Elven Warrior

Location: In a spaceship, floating in your puny planet's atmosphere, awaiting orders to invade
5 days until christmas day!

(Today was my last day at school)
The axes hewed Forlong as he fought alone and unhorsed; and both Duilin of Morthond and his brother were trampled to death when they assailed the mumakil,leading their bowmen close to shoot at the eyes of the monsters. Neither Hirluin the fair would return to Pinnath Gelin, nor Grimbold to Grimslade, nor Halbarad to the northlands,dour-handed Ranger.

Those that would not return home, page830-831, The Battle of the Pelennor Fields, The Return of the King

Last edited by strider8 : 12-20-2007 at 02:24 PM. Reason: Missed something out
Old 12-21-2007, 04:18 AM   #90
strider8
Elven Warrior

4 days until christmas day

Old 12-21-2007, 04:24 AM   #91
Mari
Elf Lady

Yay! Almost vacation!!! *hears the Christmas bells starting to ring* Yesterday I had to work in black with a red tie and a santahat with a bell on my head... It was the first time I was allowed to work with my hair loose. It looked quite silly, but that and the winterbuffet with all kinds of Dutch winterfood and the Christmasmusic really brought me in the Christmasmood!!!
Tonight I have to work at a convention for singles (so they can try and find a date to celebrate Christmas with at the last moment) but I was told they might expect us to wear girl-santa clothes. Fortunately I am very tall for a girl, so I'll probablt won't fit the suits meaning I can just walk around in normal waitress outfit. Always knew my height would come in handy!

Old 12-21-2007, 06:45 AM   #92
strider8
Elven Warrior

Funny christmas song and video, by The Killers (the song is called "don't shoot me Santa"):
http://www6.islanddefjam.com/www2/av...17tGA7E9-90953

Last edited by strider8 : 12-21-2007 at 06:48 AM.
Old 12-22-2007, 06:40 AM   #93
strider8
Elven Warrior

3 days until christmas day

Old 12-22-2007, 01:01 PM   #94
Mari
Elf Lady

Fancy dinner tomorrow... the first Christmas dinner this year.

Old 12-22-2007, 10:19 PM   #95
Miss Cassandra
Elven Warrior

http://youtube.com/watch?v=74w6vE9hqhE&feature=related

To a 'Merry Metal Christmas' everyone! Cheers
Old 12-23-2007, 10:07 AM   #96
strider8
Elven Warrior

2 days untilc christmas day

Old 12-23-2007, 03:48 PM   #97
Mari
Elf Lady

The dinner was nice Unfortunately my mother got sick, so we had to leave the rest of the family early, but she said she enjoyed herself very much anyway, so it was okay.
Tomorrow grocery shopping for the homemade dinner We still haven't decided on the menu though.

Old 12-23-2007, 05:32 PM   #98
Jonathan
Entmoot Attorney-General,
Equilibrating the Scales of Justice, Administrator

Christmas Eve's not far away now...

We Scandinavians only have to wait till Christmas Eve to get on with the celebrations and presents. To us, the 24th is the real deal

Merry Christmas everyone!
An unwritten post is a delightful universe of infinite possibilities. Set down one word, however, and it immediately becomes earthbound. Set down one sentence and it’s halfway to being just like every other bloody entry that’s ever been written.
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 05:37 PM   #99
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

I like opening presents Christmas morning, because then Christmas takes place over two days. We always do stuff in Christmas Eve too.

When I was in Sweden I actually spent Christmas with relatives in England, but I can only imagine how awesome it would have been there too; considering the wonderful feasts we would have for no apparent reason, I bet Christmas dinner was phenomenal.

Though, before the Christmas break there was a Christmas dinner put on by the student union and it was, of course, amazing. There was two kinds of lox (lax) which I remember to this day. Also lots of singing and drinking.

You Swedes sure know how to party.
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Nurvingiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 06:17 PM   #100
Mari
Elf Lady

Recent Santa nonsense:
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=_HdQxycNqhk