markedel
'Sober' Mullet Frosh

We all know that anything Silmarrillion related is far more depressing

The fifth battle anyone?

Chokes me up every time!
Old 02-14-2002, 07:00 AM   #82
Evenstar
Elven Warrior

Theoden This is longish and says parts of books!!! I don't wanna ruin anything for anyone!!!

I cried when I realised that Frodo and Sam were gonna be separated when Frodo went to the Grey Havens!!! I literally BAWLED!!! I had to hide the book!!! But then I kept on reading the appendix and found out that Sam went eventually!!!
And I cried through a lot of other bits like...Boromirs death..and how he kept on fighting even with three arrows in him...His speecj to aragorn and when he called Aragorn his 'king' I thought that was really sweet!! Gandalfs death..."fly you fools" and Frodo's one tear in the movie!!! When pippin got hurt in the 3rd book and you thought he was dead!!! When Merry saved Eowyn and he thought she was dead...Theodons death...Frodo/Sam and Shelob!!! plus more but I might be here all day describing them to you...but I have a question...did anyone else cry or just feel sad when (in RotK) they are at the Shire and it was after they saved it...and Sam says how Frodo wasn't getting much recognition...that only Merry, Piipin, and Sam were...I felt so bad for Frodo considering that he saved them all!!!
Old 02-14-2002, 06:26 PM   #83
Brimvalir
Elven Warrior

Gandalf Tear Shedding

The Part that always gets a tear from me is in the Two Towers when Eowyn confronts the Lord of the Nazgul ... but she did not flinch fair maiden of the rohan ... a swift stroke she dealt skilled and deadly ...... the part that gets me is when she looks up and the tears are coming down her cheeks

All that is gold does not glitter nor are all those who wander lost......
Brimvalir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2002, 09:22 PM   #84
Elfstone.
Hobbit

Yah this gave away a lot to the books

Oops i'll send out a big sorry if this post wrecked anyones first time through the books.

Sorry.

Elfstone.
Davie
"Now in the very hour of his great designs the heir of Isildur and the Sword are revealed; for I showed the blade re-forged to him. He is not so mighty yet that he is above fear; nay, doubt ever gnaws him."

- When Aragorn son of Arathorn looks Sauron straight in the eyes and Sauron cowers.

Anduril flaming in my right hand.
The Palantir's blue eminating glow in my left hand.
3500 Year's of Kingly Numenorean bloodline flowing through my veins.
Who's your Tyler Durden, now?

Christ Reigns.

Romans 10:9
Ephesians 6
Psalm 91
Elfstone. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2002, 12:01 PM   #85
KGamgee
Elven Warrior

I cry about 30 times during the book. One time I started sobbing in the car and my parents made fun of me....But I didn't cry when Boromir died....I never really liked him.....
I cried when I thought Gandalf died
I cried when I thought Frodo died
I cried when Sam decided to leave Frodo
I cried at the Grey Havens
Then I cried hardest when I finished the book and there was no more to read....now thats depressing.
KGamgee
(crying AGAIN)
KGamgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2002, 07:34 PM   #86
Kwijibo
Elven Warrior

Location: Lothlorien (actually Wales, but let's not talk about that)
Treebeard

I'm terrible at crying in books and movies. In LotR, I cried:
- When they found Balin's tomb
- When Gandalf fell down Khazad-Dum (I cried in the movie there too)
- When Boromir died
- When Theoden died
- When Sam thought Frodo was dead but it turned out he wasn't and Sam was all alone.
- When Mordor started falling apart and Frodo said 'I suppose this is the end' (or something along those lines)
- At the end (of course)

I cried in the Hobbit:
- When Smaug died (I have this thing for dragons)
- When I found out that Thorin died in the Battle of the Five Armies
- When I found that Fili and Kili died coz they were me favourites.

Has anyone ever read the His Dark Materials trilogy by Phillip Pullman? If you haven't, I recommened it and guess what? It made me cry! I also cried in Harry Potter, but none of you want to know about that do you?

'I left my body to science, but I'm afraid they've turned it down' - In memory of Graham Chapman

'Rubin sits like Buddah in a 10 foot cell,
An innocent man in a living hell,' - From 'Hurricane' by Bob Dylan, the only innocent Hurricane protest song, written stressing the innocence of Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter, a black, middle-weight boxer imprisoned for 19 for a triple murder which he did not commit.
Kwijibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2002, 07:35 PM   #87
Kwijibo
Elven Warrior

Treebeard

I'm terrible at crying in books and movies. In LotR, I cried:
- When they found Balin's tomb
- When Gandalf fell down Khazad-Dum (I cried in the movie there too)
- When Boromir died
- When Theoden died
- When Sam thought Frodo was dead but it turned out he wasn't and Sam was all alone.
- When Mordor started falling apart and Frodo said 'I suppose this is the end' (or something along those lines)
- At the end (of course)

I cried in the Hobbit:
- When Smaug died (I have this thing for dragons)
- When I found out that Thorin died in the Battle of the Five Armies
- When I found that Fili and Kili died coz they were my favourites.

Has anyone ever read the His Dark Materials trilogy by Phillip Pullman? If you haven't, I recommened it and guess what? It made me cry! I also cried in Harry Potter, but none of you want to know about that do you?

'I left my body to science, but I'm afraid they've turned it down' - In memory of Graham Chapman

An innocent man in a living hell,' - From 'Hurricane' by Bob Dylan, the only innocent Hurricane protest song, written stressing the innocence of Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter, a black, middle-weight boxer imprisoned for 19 for a triple murder which he did not commit.
Old 03-11-2002, 07:36 PM   #88
Kwijibo
Elven Warrior

Treebeard

Oh no! Double post! Yikes! Sorry!

Old 03-11-2002, 08:38 PM   #89
anduin
Entwife

Wow! That's pretty good! I thought I was the only one capable of a double post.

I get misty-eyed anytime Aragorn talks of how his "time" is drawing nearer....to becoming King. Whenever his kingly stature shines through his Strider persona. That stuff chokes me up everytime I read it. That make any sense?

BTW, I have yet to really see any of that in the movie.....perhaps when Boromir dies.
anduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2002, 10:06 PM   #90
Elfstone.
Hobbit

Good times ..

Crying is good, it solves all our little problems hehe

I'd give yu guys each a hankerchief if i could ..

Peace
Elfstone.
"Now in the very hour of his great designs the heir of Isildur and the Sword are revealed; for I showed the blade re-forged to him. He is not so mighty yet that he is above fear; nay, doubt ever gnaws him."

- When Aragorn son of Arathorn looks Sauron straight in the eyes and Sauron cowers.

Christ Reigns.

Ephesians 6
Psalm 91
Old 03-11-2002, 10:33 PM   #91
Eruviel Greenleaf
Alcoholic Villain-Fancying Elf Pirate

Quote:
Originally posted by Kwijibo
I love His Dark Materials!!!!!!!! Great books. I got rather misty eyed at the end of Amber Spyglass. . .

I always cry at the movie when Boromir dies, and again when Sam and Frodo are looking off toward Mordor, and when Frodo helps Sam into the boat. Basically from the death of Borimir on, I'm in tears. . .
I also cried at the end of the BBC production. Then I listened to it again, and got all sad once more.

Yep, Elfstone, crying is good

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found only a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse is superior to the world."
-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Eruviel Greenleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2002, 10:34 PM   #92
Eruviel Greenleaf

Quote:
Originally posted by Kwijibo
I love His Dark Materials!!!!!!!! Great books. I got rather misty eyed at the end of Amber Spyglass. . .

I always cry at the movie when Boromir dies, and again when Sam and Frodo are looking off toward Mordor, and when Frodo helps Sam into the boat. Basically from the death of Borimir on, I'm in tears. . .
I also cried at the end of the BBC production. Then I listened to it again, and got all sad once more.

Yep, Elfstone, crying is good Sometimes.

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found only a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse is superior to the world."
-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Old 03-11-2002, 10:35 PM   #93
Eruviel Greenleaf

Sorry!!!! Double Post. . .

-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Old 03-12-2002, 04:07 PM   #94
Kwijibo
Elven Warrior

Arwen Undomiel

Quote:
Originally posted by Eruviel Greenleaf
I love His Dark Materials!!!!!!!! Great books.
Ooooooooooh! I thought I was the only one in Middle-earth, apart from my best mate, who'd read them!
Which one was your fave, Eruviel? Mine was Northern Lights coz I like Iorek Byrnison. The bit made me cry in the Amber Spyglass (or was it The Subtle Knife?) was when Iorek repaired Will's knife but then he left them - I was in floods!

Hey, did ne1 else feel a phyically sick when Denethor killed himself? I really thought I was gonna throw up!

Last edited by Kwijibo : 03-12-2002 at 04:09 PM.
Old 03-12-2002, 06:14 PM   #95
Comic Book Guy
Best Ex-Administrator ever

You can discuss the most Excellant Dark Materials trilogy in this thread.

http://www.tolkientrail.com/entmoot/...Dark+Materials.
Comic Book Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2002, 10:59 PM   #96
Eruviel Greenleaf

My apologies for going off-subject, CBG.

Kwijibo, I posted my favorite part in the "correct" thread.

I, too, felt physically ill when Denothor killed himself. *shudders*

-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Old 03-12-2002, 11:03 PM   #97
Starr Polish
Elf Lord

Location: Slow down and I sail on the river, slow down and I walk to the hill
Did I shed a tear.

Exactly one. I refused to finish the book at school, but even though I felt all torn up, I didn't cry a lot.

My heart sure hurt though.
Old 03-19-2002, 05:42 PM   #98
Elfstone.
Hobbit

This Dark trilogy?

Anyone give a brief synopsis of that series that the guys were talking about in here earlier?

Much appreciated.

Elfsonte.
Davie

Christ Reigns.

Ephesians 6
Psalm 91
Old 04-01-2002, 08:47 PM   #99
frodosgirlfriend
Elven Warrior

Location: I live in la la land, you know, the place you go during math class
i'm reading ttt. well, i saw greyhaves on this site and didn't know what it was so i clicked on it, i read the thing about gandalf leaving and couldn't belive it. i had to see if that happens in the book. i read the last chap of rotk. then frodo left and sam was crying and....... ........ i can't belive it. i can't even read more of ttt right now. i'm like depressed. when i read lotr i really feel bad for the hobbits. when pip looked into the planìter i started crying i felt so bad for him. the last chap of rotk, i didn't even know what to do. i just tured of my light a deamed about it (it was a sad dream). just reading about what will happen is making me cry *wipes away tears* i'm glad i'm not the only cry baby. *covers mouth and hopes mom and dad don't hear her sniffling*

---------------------------------------------
AND FGF'S MOST GORGEOUS MAN ALIVE AT THE MOMENT'S AWARD GOES TO.........
BRANDON BOYD (yes once again) !!!!! WOOOO!!!
----------------------------------------------
Hottness has no count for age.... thats why I'm merrying a forty year old who goes by the name of JOHNNY DEPP!!!!
-----------------------------------------------
Fortune cookies tell all, so when i got the cookie telling me to date my love i became a stalker to Johnny Depp, and when i find him my excuse will be "the cookie made me do it"
------------------------------------------------
I'm not stupid, I'm special
"But why is the rum gone?"
"Captian, Catian Jack Sparrow"
"pa-pa-pa parsnip, parla, --"
"Just don't do anything... stupid"
"WELL IT BLOODY IS NOW!"
~Captian Jack Sparrow
Read my FP.net story!!!
frodosgirlfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2002, 08:59 PM   #100
Shadowfax
The Fleet-Footed

I cried when I read the part where Sam thinks Frodo is dead - when he gets stung by Shelob
Shadowfax is offline   Reply With Quote