Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 11-05-2004, 08:56 PM   #81
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

But I want to hear why YOU thought I was a pogo stick, too, Ñólendil! Come on, one more invention for me, pretty please

Frankly, I'd rather be a white chocolate chip scone, except my family would end up eating me, because they love how I make them. But that means - I'm my own creator?!?! But ... that's impossible!

Oh, it's not impossible here - ok

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Rían is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 09:20 PM   #82
Ñólendil
Elf Lord

Rian, you can't just force a good realization out of my head, it won't be nearly as good, it'll seem rushed and lazy, as though I couldn't think of anything (which isn't true at all). ... Now you've gone and done it!

"Rian is a pogo stick because her great-grandson [yes she's getting up there] was a miner who's company sold their steel to Toys "R" Us who used it to create a pogo-stick."

But this can't be correct, because we've already established that all Christians are pogo-sticks. Wait, a minute ...

(*takes off clothes, stands on head and recites "bloogy bloogy bloogy" three times fast*)

Whew, I was in trouble there. Now I'm okay. My Realization was true, it was just a bit forced *glares at Rian* Because, see, Rian's a Christian. Her great-grandson mined some steel that was sold to Toys "R" Us to create a pogo stick, making Rian a pogo stick just before she became a Christian, and due to the obvious amazing power and allure of pogo-sticks, every Christian was touched by her pogo-stickness.

So that's why Rian's a pogo stick, and every Christian is a pogo-stick too.

And this is only getting wierder.
Old 11-05-2004, 09:42 PM   #83
Shelob's Hubby
Enting

I just looked at this thread for the first time and saw Ñólendil's post below. I'm going to back slowly away from the computer and join a monastery.

I think so Brain, but without ears, we look like weasels.

"The next time I lent an ax to a surgeon, I would pick my century." A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court.

The Last Alliance of Orcs and Spiders
Shelob's Hubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 09:51 PM   #84
Wayfarer
The Insufferable

Quote:
Wayfarer is Wayfarer, which should pretty much explain everything.

Everything?
Old 11-06-2004, 05:48 PM   #85
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ñólendil
... *glares at Rian* ...
Oh, Ñólendil's mad at me!

*big tears well up and spill over*

Wahhhhh!!

*creeeeaaak*

Wha .. ? Oh great, now I"m a RUSTY pogo stick!

*hops off in a huff*

creeeee-THUNK! creeeee-THUNK! creeeee-THUNK!

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Old 11-06-2004, 10:20 PM   #86
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Don't worry R*an, all will be well, and here's why...

Wayfarer is a pogo-stick made from doughnut dough. All Christians are pogo-sticks because you (R*an) were the first Christian pogo stick, and the influence slowly spread. According to the Principle of Influence Speading, Wayfarer is starting to add a doughy goodness to many pogo sticks. As you actually understand some of his and Ñólendil's in-jokes, the doughyness has spread to you. This causes your tears to quickly turn into oil when you cry, because doughnuts, as we all know, are very oily. Perhaps we should test this theory for progeny's sake. Since your tears are actually doughnut oil, they do not cause you to rust! But you do squeak because you're sad that Ñólendil glared at you. If I give you a comforting pat on the shoulder, you'll go... ree ree ree...

This realization came to me because it's 3:20am. What am I still doing up!?
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Nurvingiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 06:13 PM   #87
Rían

Oh good, now I"m happy again Thanks

Can I have a bite of myself? I LOVE donuts!

Old 11-07-2004, 06:15 PM   #88
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

What will happen if you eat yourself? In this world...

Maybe... if you eat yourself, you eventually become your own creator!
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Old 11-07-2004, 11:58 PM   #89
Rían

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

Old 11-08-2004, 09:23 AM   #90
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

let me get this straight
christians = pogo sticks
atheists = oranges
hindus = citurs stick delights

what are buddhists then?
maybe buddhists are balls, balls are never static(being round), but are perfect and adaptable

bloogy bloogy bloogy
Last Child of Ungoliant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 05:02 PM   #91
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Well, pant's snitches are giant hose-pipe trousers then!

Er... bloogy bloggy blogs?
Old 11-08-2004, 05:06 PM   #92
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

I thought we had put an END to that 'Bloogey' thread!!!

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Ñ á ë ?* ó ú é ä ï ö Ö ñ É Þ ð ß ® ™

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Splitting Threads is SUCH Hard Work!!
Valandil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 06:13 PM   #93
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

[French accent]Nevair![/French accent] I convinced the powers that be to merge the two. I think it works. The Bloogy thread is, as you can see, the next Imagining. Imagine the world in which everyone stands on their head naked and says "Bloogy" three times fast.

Some day I'll get around to doing that...

Chrys, are you saying Buddhists and atheists are similar? They could be... balls and oranges are both round and cool!
Quote:
Old 11-08-2004, 06:58 PM   #94
BeardofPants
the Shrike

You know what, I don't really want to imagine the entirety of entmoot naked... just a select few.
Old 11-09-2004, 12:47 PM   #95
inked
Elf Lord

Imagine, BRAVE NEW WORLD actualized! The Alduous Huxley reality.
"And there is always the danger of allowing people to suppose that our modern times are so wholly unlike any other times that the fundamental facts about man's nature have wholly changed with changing circumstances." Dorothy L. Sayers, 1 Sept. 1941
inked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 01:19 PM   #96
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Are you suggesting that for the next Imagining? That's a very good idea.

Otherwise I don't see how that has anything to do with BoP stealing everyone's pants!

What would you do in a Brave New World situation? A synopsis will follow for those that haven't read the book if we decide we actually do want to talk about it.

EDIT: Better question:

What would you do if you were one of the Savages, or if you were one of the third options that Aldous Huxley suggested in the forward.
Quote:
Old 11-09-2004, 01:27 PM   #97
inked
Elf Lord

Well, Nurv, what would be the differences and similarities between BNW and the world in which BoP steals everyone's pantsesss and we are forced to gad about in the birthdaysuits of our ages? Discuss and elaborate!!!

It's very BIG SISTER IS GONNA GET YOUR PANTSES-ish, if you catch my drift!

Is it actuall a BNW or merely the imposition of an unwanted, unwarranted, and *unlovely* reality upon the world by a maniacal political dissident who gained such dytopian power???

O ye gods, I'd better go get lunch afore emesis sets in!!!
"And there is always the danger of allowing people to suppose that our modern times are so wholly unlike any other times that the fundamental facts about man's nature have wholly changed with changing circumstances." Dorothy L. Sayers, 1 Sept. 1941
Old 11-09-2004, 01:34 PM   #98
Telcontar_Dunedain
Warrior of the House of Hador

Quote:
Originally Posted by inked
Well, Nurv, what would be the differences and similarities between BNW and the world in which BoP steals everyone's pantsesss and we are forced to gad about in the birthdaysuits of our ages? Discuss and elaborate!!!
Don't we live in the world where BoP steals all of our pants anyway?!
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

The Silmarillion, Nirnaeth Arnoediad, Page 230
Telcontar_Dunedain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 05:07 PM   #99
BeardofPants
the Shrike

It's a brave new (old?) world already! Now take this nice little pill and stop moaning about it!
Old 11-09-2004, 06:23 PM   #100
inked
Elf Lord

Well, no disrespect to anyone, but the "gad about in our birthday suits" provokes images not worthy of contemplation. I have been on nude beaches in my lifetime and it is NOT usually the Venuses or Adonises of the world who are baring it all. THERE ARE VERY GOOD REASONS FOR CLOTHES! THESE ARE KNOWN AS BODIES! Have you never heard "Do your boobs hang low, do they wobble to and fro? Can you tie them in a knot? Can you tie them in a bow? Can you throw them over your shoulder like a Continental soldier? Do your boobs hang low?'' OR "Short shriveled and to the left" as the proper response to "How's it hanging?"

Let's get REAL. Entmooters! The BNW envisioned is bad enough but the reality would beggar (bugger?) description!