Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 11-19-2004, 07:41 PM   #81
Meriadoc Brandybuck
Magnificent Master of Buckland

Our cat ran into the screen door once: my dad was going to let him outside, and opened the glass door to the backyard, and my cat ran straight into the screen! It was hilarious!

Is there anything I can do that wouldn't inconvenience me?.-Adrian Monk

Hogan: What's a definate factor that we can count on?
Newkirk: We don't know what we're doing.

Do you wanna split a pineapple? -Shawn Spencer
Meriadoc Brandybuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 03:12 AM   #82
Elanor's Angel
Elf Lord

Location: Hiding under my bed reading LOTR at 1:43am, Middle earth (Seattle WA)
*Rolls on floor*

LOL!!! (yup, I'm back for now!!)
I felt pritty lame the other day when the kids in my math class started commenting on me sitting in the back of the room petting my new calculator saying "My precious!" and hissing at anyone who came near it.

(I love my new calculator!)

Vote Trolls' Bane/Elanor's Angel 2008!!!
Elanor's Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 08:20 PM   #83
Thain Peregrin Took I
Thain of Randomness

When we were going to move from Colorado back to CA, our neighbors came over to say goodbye, and they brough a 2 liter bottle of soda with them. We were sitting near the front door and having some of the soda, when I said "If you want the soda to bubble, just shake it." or something like that. Then I started shaking the bottle, but since the cap wasn't closed all the way, the soda started foaming out and half of the soda left went all over the cement.

Monk: I'm 100% sure that she probably killed him.
Stottlemeyer: What does that mean?
Monk: 95%...

I feel like Pepé Le Pew when he look up "pew" in the dictionary. *French accent* Le pew? Moi? Noo. -Shawn Spencer

*British accent* It's a bobble head Bobbie! *head bob* -Special Agen Seely Booth
Thain Peregrin Took I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 11:47 AM   #84
EarthBound
Lady Tipple & Queen of Blessed Thistle

Ugh!

I'm sitting at my desk trying to be professional while talking with another scientist (from the head office) and after I finish the conversation I look down and my hair is draped into my cup of coffee......It had to have been there the whole conversation...I wondered what she was smiling about She's sooooo evil for not telling me.

Hey, this was post 123....cool

Happy to be here

The HACBR has been alerted to my postings…..Hobbits Against Constant Beer References

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. --Ben Franklin

I want my Mooter T-Shirt!

Last edited by EarthBound : 12-01-2004 at 11:49 AM.
EarthBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 03:57 PM   #85
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthBound
I'm sitting at my desk trying to be professional while talking with another scientist (from the head office) and after I finish the conversation I look down and my hair is draped into my cup of coffee......It had to have been there the whole conversation...I wondered what she was smiling about She's sooooo evil for not telling me.
Neh. I had something similar here. I had made myself a cup of tea for some late night working. And then I had to bend over to plug the printer in the back of my laptop. When I sat down again, Iwanted to push my braid back and I wondered what was that moist I was feeling. Turns out I dipped half my braid in my tea. That was not a great day... Still, one of my less embarrasing moments...
Old 12-01-2004, 04:09 PM   #86
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Ugh!

Hey, this was post 123....cool
I bet you can laugh about it now though! I hate it when people don't tell you there's food on your face. And good friends should tell you if your fly is down. Though some guys seem to have the policy 'I didn't see nothin and it isn't there'.
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Nurvingiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 05:31 PM   #87
Thain Peregrin Took I
Thain of Randomness

I don't think I've ever actually got my hair in a drink, but last night it almost caught on fire because as I was reaching over for a second slice of pizza, my hair went pretty close to the candle that was lit on the Advent Wreath.

I feel like Pepé Le Pew when he look up "pew" in the dictionary. *French accent* Le pew? Moi? Noo. -Shawn Spencer

*British accent* It's a bobble head Bobbie! *head bob* -Special Agen Seely Booth
Old 12-01-2004, 05:33 PM   #88
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Quote:
....She's sooooo evil for not telling me.
Coulda been worse... At least you didn't give off a colossally smelly fart.
Old 12-01-2004, 06:47 PM   #89
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurvingiel
I bet you can laugh about it now though! I hate it when people don't tell you there's food on your face. And good friends should tell you if your fly is down. Though some guys seem to have the policy 'I didn't see nothin and it isn't there'.
I heard a good rule of thumb on these types of things

*rabbit trail - why "rule of THUMB?!" *

Anyhow - if it's fixable, then tell them. If it's not, then ignore it!

I had something funny happen while I was in the hospital after my middle son was born. I had pre-term labor and was in the hospital for 3 weeks before he was born, and I was on heavy-duty labor-stopping drugs for that time, so it took awhile before I was able to leave the hospital after he was born, and I wasn't particularly aware of things. One of the pastors at our church came by for a quick visit. I noticed he seemed a little awkward and stiff, and was looking at my eyes the whole time, instead of more natural eye movements. Right after he left, I happened to look down before moving my body, and I noticed my right boob was sticking out of the little flap that those gowns have for breast feeding! IMO, he did the right thing - the chances were very likely that I would have moved to lie down or turn over BEFORE I happened to look down, and I would never have known!

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Rían is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 02:55 PM   #90
Rosie Gamgee
The Lovely Hobbit-Lass

Embarassing moments? Oh, boy. I've had more than a few of them. Probably the one that sticks most in my mind was... oh, I think it was my 11th birthday (I'm not quite sure, though). My mother didn't want the guests at my party to go upstairs in our house. So she put a little yarn strand in front of the stairs to keep people out. So, intelligent little me comes along and decides to make a 'No Tresspassing' sign for the stairway. So I pull out the construction paper and crayons and start scribbling,
"NO TRESSPASSING. All prosecutors will be violated..."
Yep, that was kind of embarassing.

Well, just recently I was thrown my first surprise party. My family invited about a million and a half people over, crammed them all into our den- which is about the size of a mouse's bathroom. And in comes Yours Truly, and "SUUUUUPRIIIIIIISE!!!!".... Whaaa?! That was weird. Pretty cool, though.
How can I take this losing hand and somehow win?

Just give me One Good Year To get my feet back on the ground.
I've been chasing grace; Grace ain't so easily found
One bad hand can devil a man, chase him and carry him down.
I've got to get out of here, just give me One Good Year!
Rosie Gamgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2004, 02:31 AM   #91
Elanor's Angel
Elf Lord

That's Great! I mean terrible! LOL!!!

Old 12-06-2004, 09:44 PM   #92
Thain Peregrin Took I
Thain of Randomness

We were up visiting our Uncle (he's really our great-Uncle, but we don't call him 'great-Uncle') and we were playing a game. The question was 'Name a word that ends in -ough' and I said 'plough'. Everyone said "No, that ends in -ow." Then I answered "It's spelled p-l-o-u-g-h." Then our Uncle said "That's only if you're in Europe." And I said "Oh... right....."

Old 12-06-2004, 10:13 PM   #93
Elanor's Angel
Elf Lord

I'v got a bad one.

Wierd!

The other day I was at ballet and someone was proofreading somebody elce's homework. They had a grammer question and I answered it, so then I started to help him proofread. The paper had a lot to do with the girl's (paper author's) mom and it seemed kind of odd. (I had not read the title or begining, but had started reading mid-essay) Well to make a long story short, I was helping this dude proofread and was in mid paragraph when the girl who wrote it walked over to me and was like "WHAT ARE YOU DOING!!!". I was all startled and said, "I was reading your paper for spelling and grammer errors." She got really mad and ripped the paper away.
Apparently this paper was part of an autobiography, it was titled "Life in the woumb" and was all about her mothers pregnancy with her. (No duh it seemed wierd!) She was totally furious with me because it had a lot of personal stuff in it. I fealt really bad.
(She is currently not talking to me.)
She made a big scene so I was pritty embaresed.

Old 12-23-2004, 11:55 AM   #94
Thain Peregrin Took I
Thain of Randomness

Yesterday we were making fruitcake, and I popped the butter in the microwave so it would be eaiser to grease the pans. Well, it was the type of butter with a metal wrapping, and I forgot to take it off, and after about 2 seconds in the microwave, it started making really big sparks.

Old 12-28-2004, 10:06 PM   #95
Thain Peregrin Took I
Thain of Randomness

I hve two more. They both happened on Christmas...:
We had just finished opening presents, when I got up to eat some of the snacks that our mom had left out, and I just happened to look in a bowl that had oranges in it. One of them was rotten and I said "Hey, one of the oranges is all green, and fuzzy, and nasty!" Then my mom told me to thow it away, and our aunt said "You really have to learn not to say those kind of things in front of people."

We had finished Christmas dinner, and MB, our grandma, and I were rolling the napkin rings around the table for something to do. Then our mom came in with dessert, and I was putting the napkin rings over on a ledge on the china cabinet to make more room. I noticed theere were ants, and I said "There's ants crawling all over here!" Later, when everyone had left, (except our grandpa, who was staying at our house), my mom said "If you see ants, you shouldn't say anything about it."

Old 12-30-2004, 02:15 PM   #96
Eowyn, Lady of Rohan
The Evil One

I have one, that also happen close to christmas, i was at a party, and i saw a tin of cookies, i wondered what they were (damn my curious nature!) and ate one, then some one near me said : oh, those were dog treats!

YUK!
Eowyn, Lady of Rohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 10:07 PM   #97
Thain Peregrin Took I
Thain of Randomness

A couple day ago, I was making some oatmeal (not the instant stuff, but the kind you actually have to cook on the stovetop) and when I poured in the boiling water, it overflowed a little, so I moved it to the back burner so I could clean up the mess. When I was going to put the grate back on (since I had to take it off, as the water went under it to where the flame was) but I didn't use oven mitts or anything, so I burned my hads and dropped it back onto the counter.

Old 01-16-2005, 10:25 PM   #98
trolls' bane
Entmoot Secretary of the Treasury

Well, I'm not exactly sur eif I already mentioned this, but I once tried to cut rope with an axe, and hit my thumb instead. It was a very dull axe.
Old 01-16-2005, 10:42 PM   #99
Thain Peregrin Took I
Thain of Randomness

Quote:
Originally Posted by trolls' bane
Well, I'm not exactly sur eif I already mentioned this, but I once tried to cut rope with an axe, and hit my thumb instead. It was a very dull axe.
Well that was smart. That must have hurt, even if it was dull.

Old 01-16-2005, 10:45 PM   #100
trolls' bane
Entmoot Secretary of the Treasury

Well, I couldn't feel my thumb for a few hours. But I don't even remember what thumb it was now.