Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-03-2003, 03:35 PM   #81
azalea
Long lost mooter

Quote:
Originally posted by OrnelĂ*rĂ« MistĂ«
As for other music...
...you might want to go down to the Entertainment Forum.
There are a lot of music threads there. This one is just for discussing the FotR soundtrack. Thanks.
azalea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2003, 03:14 PM   #82
Elessar the Elfstone
Enting

Gandalf

I got a cd containing theme tunes from blockbuster films and its got one from lord of the rings called The Prophercy does any one know where in lord of the rings that piece of music comes from?
Elessar the Elfstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2003, 03:17 PM   #83
Elessar the Elfstone
Enting

Strider

Oh and I'm thinking of puchacing both lotr sound tracks out of ten what would you give them?
Elessar the Elfstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2003, 04:13 PM   #84
azalea
Long lost mooter

The Prophecy was from the very very beginning of FotR.

I happen to love both of the soundtracks, I give FotR a 10 and TTT a 9 1/2, but I know there were people here who didn't like them, so I guess it depends on your tastes.
Old 04-25-2003, 09:45 PM   #85
The Dunadan
Sapling

okay this is very important to me... you know the FOTR SDTRK, and how The bridge of Khazad-Dum has the vocal in it? Well in the movie it has music after the vocal! I can't believe they didn't put it on the ST!!! Does anyone have this or know where to get it? Please!

Last edited by The Dunadan : 04-25-2003 at 09:48 PM.
The Dunadan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2003, 08:22 PM   #86
Estel13
RPG-aholic Psycho

I just got it on CD. So far, I like The Bridge Of Khazad-Dum the best. Love the map of ME under the CD. Also the translations from the Elvish.
Old 05-24-2003, 09:00 PM   #87
azalea
Long lost mooter

I was just listening to it last night, because I had had In Dreams on my mind. My favorite is Aniron. Too bad it's so short.
Old 05-25-2003, 10:43 AM   #88
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

I really enjoyed FoTR soundtrack! I should switch my TRex cd with it for awhile! When I bought TTT soundtrack, I tried to play it in the car, as we took the half hour ride up to Lafayette. It was horrible! At least two thirds of it was so soft and "nothing" that I kept turning it up, waiting for some melodies. Bah! Filler junk! I don't think I have the time to waste trying to find something memorable on it anymore! Oh well, it looks pretty on the shelf!
Old 05-25-2003, 12:55 PM   #89
Black Breathalizer
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally posted by Lizra
When I bought TTT soundtrack, I tried to play it in the car, as we took the half hour ride up to Lafayette. It was horrible! At least two thirds of it was so soft and "nothing" that I kept turning it up, waiting for some melodies.
I will admit that the FOTR is a more complete listening experience than TTT, but I strongly disagree that there is nothing good on it. In fact, some are truly great. My favorites are: Track 8 - Evenstar, Forth Earlingas - Track 16, Samwise the Brave - Track 18, Gollum's Song - Track 19, Isengard Unleashed - Track 17, the King of the Golden Hall - Track 6, and Foundations of Stone - Track 1
Black Breathalizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2003, 01:05 PM   #90
LuthienTinuviel
protector of orphaned rabbits

holy cow... lizra doesn't like something! ( )

but i have to agree and disagree.
i agree that alone it isn't as good as FotR, but when you see TTT as much as i d, listening to the second soundtrack is fulfilling cause you can play the movie in your head.

wow. that is worded oddly.. tell me if it doesn't make sense.
Old 05-25-2003, 01:15 PM   #91
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Well, I was trying to get the other family members to enjoy it. I'd wait through all this soft, tonal build-up stuff, a few "theme" notes would actually play loud enough to sound like something, I'd get excited....turn it up, and ten bars later, back to the muffled filler stuff again. The other family members were quite polite, (they tried to hide the eye rolling! ) but I don't think I'll be allowed to play TTT for driving music again! I want strong melodies I can hum, or whistle! Like there was on FoTR! ;

Gosh LT! You must be confusing me with Rian! I'm not that agreeable!