Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-16-2007, 08:53 PM   #961
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan
I'm cheering for the Devils. However I wouldn't mind seeing a Canadian team win the Stanley Cup this year. It's been a while since that happened, eh?
Yes, sad but true. The Canucks have a good chance this year.

Quote:
I kind of hope the Red Wings will go down quickly. That would mean many good Swedish players would be free to play in the upcoming World Championships
Hahaha. Hopefully you don't turn your eye to the Canucks, who have Marcus Naslund, Daniel and Henrik Sedin, and Mattias Ohlund.

Quote:
Btw, congrats Canada on winning the women's world championships as usual!
The Swedes won the bronze - yay!
Thank you, and congrats on the bronze. There are four countries that can put together a good women's team right now: Canada, the USA, Sweden and Finland. Only the USA can really give us a run for our money, however, I see a huge amount of potential in the Swedes and Finns. Huge. Give them another decade and they'll have us working. Especially if they were to get more support from their fellow Swedes and Finns.
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Nurvingiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 06:33 AM   #962
Jonathan
Entmoot Attorney-General,
Equilibrating the Scales of Justice, Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurvingiel
Yes, sad but true. The Canucks have a good chance this year.

Hahaha. Hopefully you don't turn your eye to the Canucks, who have Marcus Naslund, Daniel and Henrik Sedin, and Mattias Ohlund.
Ah, so it wouldn't be too much of a shame if the Canucks lost then

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurvingiel
Thank you, and congrats on the bronze. There are four countries that can put together a good women's team right now: Canada, the USA, Sweden and Finland. Only the USA can really give us a run for our money, however, I see a huge amount of potential in the Swedes and Finns. Huge. Give them another decade and they'll have us working. Especially if they were to get more support from their fellow Swedes and Finns.
The biggest problem is the poor quality of the European women's hockey leagues. The teams are too uneven, the best teams always beat the other teams with huge numbers. Such leagues won't generate as excellent players as the American or Canadian ones where there are good players on every team. There is indeed potential but Sweden and Finland will never reach the same level as America or Canada unless their respective leagues improve.
Other European countries are closing in and could soon rival with the Swedes and Finns. The North Americans will most likely be unrivaled for yet some time to come.
An unwritten post is a delightful universe of infinite possibilities. Set down one word, however, and it immediately becomes earthbound. Set down one sentence and it’s halfway to being just like every other bloody entry that’s ever been written.
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 11:54 PM   #963
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

Whew - reviving this old thread, and if it takes off, we may have to close it soon.

Honestly - never been much of a hockey fan. Grew up a bit south of here, where nobody ever plays it. Chicago is kind of 'middle-of-the-road' - some people are into it, but not like those from Wisconsin, Michigan, Minnesota, or anywhere in Canada.

But now the Chicago Blackhawks are in the Stanley Cup playoffs - for the championship of the NHL. And with the way our other teams have been doing - and the way everything else is going in Illinois, it's nice to have something good happen.

The 'Hawks just took a 3-2 lead in the best-of-7 series tonight. I watched the end of the game a couple blocks from home - where there was a big German-American Mayfest going on (yes - those wacky Germans in Chicago not only have a Mayfest in June - but have Octoberfest in September... I guess they're more likely to get decent weather in both cases). Anyway - the 'Hawks had won the first two in the series, then lost the next two in Philadelphia to get tied up again. But tonight - they won 7-4!!

Any hockey fans left around here? And do the overseas hockey fans pay much attention to the NHL?

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Ñ á ë ?* ó ú é ä ï ö Ö ñ É Þ ð ß ® ™

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Splitting Threads is SUCH Hard Work!!
Valandil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 01:17 PM   #964
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

Still stinging from my Caps first round loss to the unlikely Habs. Although their defeat of Pittsburgh somehow made it a little easier to take.

Yeah this year was a bit crazy in the NHL playoffs. Two unlikely finalists dueling it out. Chicago looks good but then Im sure the Bruins thought there was no way they were gonna lose when they lead the Flyers by 3 games to none and were up 3 nothing in the final game... How did they manage to get this far! They arent even that good this year. Their game is parasitic because they have no one major strength to utilize.

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
Insidious Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 12:42 AM   #965
GrayMouser
Elf Lord

Always nice to see one of the Original 6 in- it seems weird cheering for Anaheim or Orlando.

And anybody against the Flyers- still hold grudges from the Broad Street Bullies days.

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us, cats look down on us, but pigs treat us as equals."- Winston Churchill
GrayMouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 11:42 PM   #966
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

Blackhawks win!!

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Ñ á ë ?* ó ú é ä ï ö Ö ñ É Þ ð ß ® ™

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Splitting Threads is SUCH Hard Work!!
Valandil is offline   Reply With Quote