Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-09-2003, 10:16 AM   #961
GrayMouser
Elf Lord

BTW, Giroth, Christian does not equal Creationist, or vice versa.

There are hundreds of millions of Christians who accept evolution- the Pope, for one- and many non-Christians who reject it: fundamentalist Muslims, some fundamentalist Hindus, the Hare Krishnas etc.

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us, cats look down on us, but pigs treat us as equals."- Winston Churchill
GrayMouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2003, 10:45 AM   #962
Ruinel
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Giroth
.....but your stubborness
does not permit you to ACTUALLY listen to me.I believe evoution is incorrect.......I am a Christian.
Your theory goes against my belief.....and when you really believe in something of this type of religion,you do NOT turn away from it.
You on the other hand are 100% ATHIEST,and you have all rights to feel as you do.....Oh and I have found MY truth...........

...;the world came to be,if from evolution or creation,
and no matter waht way you look at it,its still the same;we are here,ok?I am not incorrect by your theory,and YOU are not incorrect by my belief......at least I can say that.
You said there was proof for the threory of creationism. I believe these people are asking you to post that proof. Which means that Hobbit and others ARE listening to you. But you are not SAYING anything.

And I have to agree with GrayMouser, your religion does not confine you to belief that evolution did not occur. Just because a person is a Christian does not mean that he/she closes their eyes to the evidence that is presented to him/her. I know many Christians who believe in the theory of evolution.

By the way, the theory of evolution does not encompasses how the universe was created.
Ruinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2003, 12:08 PM   #963
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Quote:
Originally posted by HOBBIT
But feel free to post evidence for creation, I'm curious to see it.
ok, thanks, I will.

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Rían is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2003, 12:13 PM   #964
Ruinel
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by RÃ*an
ok, thanks, I will.
Ah, but he's talking about physical, reproducable evidence. Not what is written in the bible.
Old 06-09-2003, 02:08 PM   #965
Gwaimir Windgem
Dread Mothy Lord and Halfwitted Apprentice Loremaster

Quote:
Originally posted by Ruinel
1) And I have to agree with GrayMouser, your religion does not confine you to belief that evolution did not occur. 2) Just because a person is a Christian does not mean that he/she closes their eyes to the evidence that is presented to him/her.
1) But atheism confines you to belief that evolution did occur, as the alternative is theism.
2) Ah, so now if someone disagrees with you, they are close-minded, and ignore the truth?

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Gwaimir Windgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2003, 02:30 PM   #966
Ruinel
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Gwaimir Windgem
1) But atheism confines you to belief that evolution did occur, as the alternative is theism.
2) Ah, so now if someone disagrees with you, they are close-minded, and ignore the truth?
1) I would have to agree with you there. Atheists tend to look objectively at the evidence presented.
2) oh, brother. Yeah... Gwai, you are close-minded, ignoring the truth. Happy?
Old 06-09-2003, 02:32 PM   #967
Cirdan
Elf Lord of the Grey Havens

Quote:
How is that? Are atheists somehow required to believe that evolution occurred? What about JD's alien theory?

As for the truth, my comment intended that in not seeking truth, regardless of what one believes, one is close-minded. Surely no one has all the answers. (plus it is just a saying from Classical Greece - maybe Socrates)
There exists a limit to the force even ther most powerful may apply without destroying themselves. Judging this limit is the true artistry of government. Misuse of power is the fatal sin. The law cannot be a tool of vengance, never a hostage, nor a fortification against the martyrs it has created. You cannot threaten any individual and escape the consequences.

-Muad'dib on Law
The Stilgar Commentary
Cirdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2003, 02:41 PM   #968
Gwaimir Windgem

Quote:
1) I would have to agree with you there. Atheists tend to look objectively at the evidence presented.
2) oh, brother. Yeah... Gwai, you are close-minded, ignoring the truth. Happy?
\

1) Translation, close-minded.
2) You said it, not me.

Cirdan, could you please expound on the theory?

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Old 06-09-2003, 02:51 PM   #969
Ruinel
Banned

Quote:
1) Translation, close-minded.
2) You said it, not me.
1) If you say so.
2) you suggested that I say it.
Old 06-09-2003, 02:54 PM   #970
Gwaimir Windgem

2) But only because of your previous implication to the same effect.

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Old 06-09-2003, 02:55 PM   #971
Ruinel
Banned

Quote:
2) But only because of your previous implication to the same effect.
2) no... it was your closed-mindedness that brought you to that conclusion. BWAHAHAHAHA!!
Old 06-09-2003, 03:06 PM   #972
HOBBIT
Saviour of Entmoot Admiral

*sigh* giroth

1. we are listening to you: you aren't saying anything
2. you are not listening to - you did not even read my post refuting your "evidence"
3.like what others said being christian does not mean you have to be a creationist and if you are a creationist it does not mean you are chrisitian.
things are not that black and white - you don't have to be so close-minded. you simply choose to be.
4. i am not "100% atheist" and being an atheist does not confine me to believe on certain things - I BELIEVE WHATEVER I WANT

GW:
and being an atheist does not mean that you have to believe in evolution. You could believe that aliens created the world, that we are the result of some alien 3rd grade science project, or a prank or joke. Or maybe we are the product of someone's deranged imagination? :P

"I'm up to here with cool, ok? I'm so amazingly cool you could keep a side of meat in me for a month. I am so hip I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis" - Zaphod Beeblebrox

Latest Blog Post: Just Quit Facebook? No One Cares!
HOBBIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2003, 03:10 PM   #973
Giroth
The Dragonqueen

HOBBIT,ok,you heard me;my point was that no one actually used any of MY information as I have to make real points.You say 'maybe aliens created the world' and stuff like that,but you don't use mine like I do with you.I am actually learning more aboyut evoution,though still I don't believe a word.In that aspect,I am more open minded then you are

You are barking up the wrong tree when you try to tell ME,a 100% Christian,that
creationsim isn't real,man.I am doing the same trying to explain creationsim to one who follows evolution.

graymouser,

I KNOW creationsim isn't just for christians.But my point is,REAL christians believe that the world was formed from creationism.Perhaps other religions share similar beliefs.In my opinion,a person cannot be a Christian if they turn and believe in evoution.Creationsim is one of the main beliefs in it,so rejecting it is,in no offence,against Christianity..but a person has 100% rights to do so.
Oh and I DID present my ideas as to why.No one listened.

Think this way;if everything just sort of popped from evolution,does that mean everything just happened by chance?We live here for nothing,simply to live out our lives then die?say for example,the earth was created inthe big bang thing,but what triggered the big bang theory?if we evolved from monkies,the monkies evolved from amoebas,what did the amoebas evolve from,and so on and so on?
It doesn't all add up.

My beliefs have more depth,in MY opinion remember,and have lasted for MANY more years than
the evolution theory has.That theory was created mainly by ONE man.....who DID NOT experience or see evolution take place, of course.Creationsim has existed long before the whole evolution thing has,
and had MANY followers before that thought even existed.

~Giroth

Last edited by Giroth : 06-09-2003 at 03:14 PM.
Giroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2003, 03:14 PM   #974
HOBBIT

oh ok - so now only all real christians believe in creation?
Oh and your beliefs just have sooo much more depth than ours. "god created everything, period - im not even listening to you" So much depth
Thats major bs giroth.

We did listen - and i even made a long post saying why your 'evidence' did not work. It is you who ignored us - NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND.

Basically you are afraid of death and want to believe in heaven. I too do not want to cease to exist after death - but if I do then so be it :P It does add up if you have a calculator - you are obviously doing some VERY faulty mental math

Oh and thanks Runiel - I meant physical evidence of creation - no quotes from the bible, please, rian.

"I'm up to here with cool, ok? I'm so amazingly cool you could keep a side of meat in me for a month. I am so hip I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis" - Zaphod Beeblebrox

Old 06-09-2003, 03:15 PM   #975
Gwaimir Windgem

Quote:
And I have to agree with GrayMouser, your religion does not confine you to belief that evolution did not occur. Just because a person is a Christian does not mean that he/she closes their eyes to the evidence that is presented to him/her.
Sounds to me like that's what you said, Ruinel.

Alien creation I would think would be a kind of theism. Where do you draw the line?

As for the others...well, let me change my statement to "the only other theory that's not too cockeyed to be believable."

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Old 06-09-2003, 03:16 PM   #976
HOBBIT

hmm, i should have quoted you because you keep editing your post! :P

For the record, she did say that only real true christians believed in creation, among other things.

Old 06-09-2003, 03:18 PM   #977
Giroth
The Dragonqueen

HOBBIT................your IMPOSSIBLE

I am in no way afraid of death..........why should I?A person such as you should be MORE afraid of death,if anything;you don't believe in a heaven or HELL,so you might as well think you are gone forever when you die,and live completely ends.
To me,that is an empty life.......but I won't tell YOU how to live-don't tell me

~Giroth
Old 06-09-2003, 03:28 PM   #978
Gwaimir Windgem

Quote:
I KNOW creationsim isn't just for christians.But my point is,REAL christians believe that the world was formed from creationism.
I must say, Giroth, that I disagree here. While I do believe in creationism, by no means do I rule out intelligently guided evolution; as I said before, I just think that special creation is more like God. But, the Bible details that salvation comes from believing in your heart and confessing with your mouth that Jesus is Lord. I certainly think it's quite possible for a true Christian to believe in evolution.

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Old 06-09-2003, 03:37 PM   #979
Giroth
The Dragonqueen

hm.For a change,an actually GOOD point!

I suppose so.i am nor an expert,not am I a Bible thumpin church-person,
so I couldn't just tell you that's right or wrong.I'm simply a teen
who is a Christian.In MY opinion,if I
would not be a faithful Christian if I believed that God didn't
create us and that evolution was correct;because to ME,evolution is for the people who do not believe in God.
Remember,that's nothing more than MY opinion,so before you start telling me I'm wrong,remember,a person's opinion cannot be wrong;it can differ from your own,and if your wise you will not call ti wrong,but accept it.My opinion is not right,neither is it wrong.Same with all of you.

Have a nice day,

~Giroth
Old 06-09-2003, 03:47 PM   #980
Gwaimir Windgem

Quote:
In MY opinion,if I
would not be a faithful Christian if I believed that God didn't
create us and that evolution was correct
Ah, but you can believe both. Lief, for instance, is probably one of the strongest Christians on the board, and I think he believes in divine evolution; that is, that God in His wisdom and power, divinely ordained and planned evolution, as His creation of mankind.

Your opinion thing brings up another very complex subject, on Right, Wrong, and Truth, but we'll leave that for another time.

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle