Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2009, 05:57 PM   #1
Voronwen
Lady of Andúnië

Wedding stress is not limited to only the bride. It rubs off on all those involved...

**drops face down onto a pillowed couch, screams into one of the many plouffy pillows, then allows herself a good cry**
" ...But the Exiles on the shores of the sea, if they turned towards the West in the desire of their hearts, spoke of Mar-nu-Falmar that was whelmed in the waves, Akallabêth the Downfallen, Atalantë in the Eldarin tongue."

"Ye who believe in affection that hopes, and endures, and is patient,
Ye who believe in the beauty and strength of woman's devotion,
List to the mournful tradition still sung by the pines of the forest ... "

~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, Evangeline

Old 09-18-2009, 06:08 PM   #2
Mari
Elf Lady

Oh my. There, there. It'll all work out in the end. *pats Voronwen on her back and gets up to make her a nice cup of tea*

...The Earth laughs in flowers ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson, "Hamatreya"...
Old 09-18-2009, 06:12 PM   #3
Voronwen
Lady of Andúnië

I know it will, Mari **gets up slowly, head throbbing, and blows her nose, still kind of sobby** Thank you for your kindness, and the tea.
" ...But the Exiles on the shores of the sea, if they turned towards the West in the desire of their hearts, spoke of Mar-nu-Falmar that was whelmed in the waves, Akallabêth the Downfallen, Atalantë in the Eldarin tongue."

Old 09-21-2009, 10:36 PM   #4
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

My dad thinks he's going to get fired on Wednesday.

Here we go again. How the #$()%# does this happen every few months? Either my family is talking about moving, or my dad hates his job, or he's about to quit his job, or SOME stupid $)#% is going on. This has been going on my entire freaking life as long as I can remember. And my friends wonder why I flip out when I screw up... because this stuff never ends, and it always affects me, and there's nothing I can do about it. Of course I flip out when I ruin something that I have control of.

I just hate, hate, hate, hate, HATE this stressful feeling knowing that his job status has such an effect on my life and there's nothing I can do about it.

Last edited by Tessar : 09-21-2009 at 10:49 PM.
Old 09-21-2009, 10:51 PM   #5
Voronwen
Lady of Andúnië

Oh, Tessar I don't know what to say, except to offer hugs...

Old 09-22-2009, 12:48 AM   #6
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

I'm sorry, Tessar - that kind of stress is no fun

Unbelievable - now I'm most likely looking at shoulder surgery - I hate it here! I feel like Arizona is attacking me!! I'll find out next week for sure - MRI is this Wed, dr. appt next Tuesday ...

I can't believe it.

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Old 09-22-2009, 05:17 AM   #7
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Dear head office, you are hereby officially declared STUPID. And incompetent, but I've told you that already. And lazy. And wasteful. But it's never your money you're throwing out of doors and windows, is it? Respectfully wishing you either get a CLUE or collectively die from stupidity-overload. Judging by the way you are going, critical mass will be imminent soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RÃ*an View Post
Unbelievable - now I'm most likely looking at shoulder surgery - I hate it here! I feel like Arizona is attacking me!! I'll find out next week for sure - MRI is this Wed, dr. appt next Tuesday ...
Aw, RÃ*an. First the foot-trouble and now shoulder trouble? My sympathies. As it happens, my mom came home from the hospital for shoulder surgery last Wednesday. (Nothing serious, but recovery is going to take weeks.)
Old 09-22-2009, 11:33 AM   #8
Voronwen
Lady of Andúnië

Rian, that's awful Haven't you been through enough?!

Hugs for you, too...!

Old 09-23-2009, 01:33 PM   #9
Voronwen
Lady of Andúnië

Last edited by Voronwen : 09-23-2009 at 09:26 PM.
Old 10-02-2009, 08:40 PM   #10
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Really sorry about that, RÃ*an and Eärniel. I'm praying for you both.
If the world has indeed, as I have said, been built of sorrow, it has been built by the hands of love, because in no other way could the soul of man, for whom the world was made, reach the full stature of its perfection.

~Oscar Wilde, written from prison

Oscar Wilde's last words: "Either the wallpaper goes, or I do."
Old 09-24-2009, 02:33 AM   #11
Mari
Elf Lady

*hugs Tess* I know what it's like. My dad's job was in trouble a few months ago too and you don't really realize otherwise how much depends on that. In this crappy economy it's not nothing to lose your job. I hope he can keep it (despite him hating it? Better to have an income than none I suppose)

*carefully hugs Rian* That sucks. Has your shoulder been bothering you for a long time now?

*hands Earn a boxing ball and gloves* Just imagine they are the ball and have fun

Old 09-27-2009, 12:08 AM   #12
Amael
Elven Warrior

If there is a God, then may God Bless you all in these times of pain. And if there's not, peace and long life! As a famous politician once said, "I feel your pain." Companies seem to be the same no matter where you go. * Hugs all *
Old 09-30-2009, 03:58 AM   #13
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Saw dr. to go over MRI results - the shoulder pain is from a torn rotator cuff - worse than I thought - he thought it was just a torn labrum. He says it's just hanging on by a thread, but that surgically, it doesn't really matter to him if it gets to a complete tear, so he recommended that I put off surgery for 2 months so I can enjoy my dad's 80th bday party in Hawaii in November.

Unbelievable! *sigh* I just want to get the surgery done TODAY - the pain and weakness just bug me! but it makes sense to wait until after Hawaii - I couldn't swim if I had surgery before we went.

Unbelievable Well, things could be worse, I suppose. Thanks for all the encouragement through my physical problems these last 2 years, everyone!

How's your mom's shoulder, Earniel?

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Old 09-30-2009, 06:30 AM   #14
Earniel

A torn rotator cuff sounds rather nasty. I hope it doesn't hurt too much if you'll be walking around with it for two months longer.

My mom's doing fine. It's still rather tender, but she already has more movement in her shoulder than she did before surgery. Fysiotherapy is going fine. It's just a little difficult that she had had to go to work already on the second day after the surgery and she can't let her arm rest as much as she would like. So I'm doing most of the heavy lifting at home and at work for now.
Old 10-02-2009, 03:26 PM   #15
Earniel

I think I permanently damaged my left knee. It has always been the weaker of the two, but half a year a go, after a looong day of dragging heavy things up and down stairs, I 'went through it' as we say over here. I thought if I could let it rest enough in the holidays, it would be alright again. But now it has played up twice since then when I have to do a lot of stairs. I think it's here to stay. Fne!
Old 10-05-2009, 05:20 AM   #16
Mari
Elf Lady

This morning I passed some guys who looked me up and down in passing and called me ugly.
What right do those idiots think they have to judge someone like that?!? They don't even know me or all the other people they say the same to.
Che, pricks.
*is angry because some idiots think they have that right, not because they hurt her feelings*
I don't tend to let idiots decide how I should feel about myself. But there are plenty of people who do...

Old 10-05-2009, 10:47 AM   #17
Tessar
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Geeze, what a bunch of jerks . At least you know they're wrong... you're beautiful, Mari, so they can just go shove it .
Old 10-05-2009, 11:12 AM   #18
Voronwen
Lady of Andúnië

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar View Post
Geeze, what a bunch of jerks
Seconding that! Some people just have a need to put others down to make themselves feel superior - it's very unhealthy.

Old 10-05-2009, 01:39 PM   #19
Mari
Elf Lady

Hehe, thank you. I'm just angry that they think they can do that. It's not acceptable behaviour and it's not 'cool' or funny.
On my way home from school I also got to hear I'm a bitch...
This was definitely not my day, teehee ^_^

Old 10-05-2009, 09:52 PM   #20
Tessar
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

I'm so grateful for the rain we've been getting this past month and a half... from a record drought to tons and tons of nonstop rain.

But I really wish the allergens would stop. It's been a month and a half of torment because the weather has never been the same literally from one day to the next... it was chilly and wet, then hot and muggy, then cool and damp, then just damp and temperate, and then hot and dry for a day or two, then wet again... argh!!! Every few days new stuff kicks up. Like today; all day I've had drainage and a stuffy nose.

I love the rain because it makes everything beautiful and green, and we really, really need the water for our aquifer, but STOP WITH THE ALLERGENS ALREADY!! Geeze. >.<
Closed Thread