Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2006, 06:35 PM   #961
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

I love my new nickname! Yay.

Who has already filled your teacup?
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Old 03-30-2006, 07:23 PM   #962
Lady Marion Magdalena
Elf Lord

*Sneaks some chocolate from her stash*

I feel like a strong, sweet tea right now... any reccomendations?
"Because it is my name! Because I cannot have another in my life! Because I lie and sign myself to lies! Because I am not worth the dust on the feet them that hang! How may I live without my name? I have given you my soul; Leave me my name!"

- The Crucible

"nolite hippopotamum vexare!"
Old 03-30-2006, 07:34 PM   #963
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Golden Hair
You know, I don't post often or ever in this thread, but I feel a need to do so with these remarks. Let me point something out to you and whoever else seems to think that Lotesse or anyone was driven out of Entmoot. That is simply not the case and if she, you or anyone else leaves, it is by your own choice. I am frankly tired of reading posts by certian members, who continually attack the moderating team. We do our best to be fair to all members and it would be nice when a member complains to a mod or admin about a problem they are having on the board, if they would give that mod or admin the chance to evaluate the problem and try to fix it, before these complaining members go on the forum and bash the mods and make false implications about posts and opinions being deleted.

I have moderated Entmoot for five years now, and I must say that I have never been more frustrated in the behavior and lack of patients by some members in the last two days toward the mod team.

It is your choices to leave if you so wish. You are welcome to stay, but you and all other members are expected to abide by the rules that this board has set forth. If you can not do that, and think you would be happier elsewhere, then that is up to you. But, I am tired of stting back and listening to this mod bashing any longer.

???

What Mod bashing? I can only assume SGH you are not reffering to me here? In point of fact i have been incredibly fair and in general supportive of the Mods.

This rather reads since it replied to my post, as if i personally have been mod bashing over the last 2 days? I cannot think of one to be frank- perhaps you could fill me in on this? I have had no pM from you so i reply here where you have put this - here in public.

I think you took my post yesterday the wrong way - though i concede it was certainly open to be read the way you evidently did.

For the record it was not directed on my part at any mod at all - nor at Mods in general - i did not mean to imply either me or CS had been banned - more that the original crazy gang each have found it too much to long ... Gor is still around but a shadow of her fomer self, merely playing triv games ... nothing wrong with that BTW ... i have not seen much of TD but i guess he is ok - i hope so!

I'll happily say my post reads somewhat contentious - i just re-read it luckily - you can, or not if you will, take my word that that was mainly on my part clumsy rather than critical and in part due to being in not the best frame of mind when i wrote it.

But for the public record i am suprised that you imply publically here i have been mod bashing?

I mean knock me over with a feather - i am that suprised by it!

who? when? what?

Anyway, i can see how it can be read - but would not a Pm be in order- i would happily haved re-looked at it and edited

heehee .. what are things coming to when errant mooters need to ask Mods / admins to move this to Pm's!

yes- i will take a break again - i only got drawn back by a couple of things and PM's - and yes it is entirely my own decision. I beleive Lotsy clearly states this too- and for the record the same for CS, who too is sadly missed.

...anyway - i will PM you ...

but publically - all the best, BB

and see you all guys mooters and cuppers all - its been fun! -

...oh and Lief - you did say publically to kick you!!! - i mean i try to help y'know!!
Old 03-30-2006, 07:47 PM   #964
trolls' bane
Entmoot Secretary of the Treasury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thain Peregrin Took I
Thanks! So, is my name Hobbit Gamma now? That's what you used when you quoted my. It sound Latin-ish. By the way, nice avatar, TB.
Thank you (about the av). I must make some corrections to my earlier description of it. It is possibly the way superstrings are "all wrapped up", but more precisely:
A Calabai-Yau shape is a six-dimensional shape. Since quantum mechanics predicts ten dimensions (4 macrodimensions: three macro-space dimensions and one time dimension; 6 ultramicroscopic, Planck-scale "quantum dimensions"), this is the shape the six microdimensions are predicted to be "curled up" into. (There is no way I can describe "curled up." You require an understanding of the fabric of space and time themselves to understand this, and I could probably write a whole book on the subject if I wasn't such a terrible writer.) This fits in well: there are three "holes" in Calabi-Yau shapes, while there are coincidentally three families of subatomic particles, which are in turn "made" via different vibrational patterns of superstrings, which are in turn curled into these shapes.
Not quite Latin. Close though. It is in fact Greek! (Remember? Alpha, beta, gamma, etc. etc.) Funny you should mention it now, because I memorized my greek letters over a period of two hours today, and have been thinking of them all day.
Old 03-30-2006, 08:35 PM   #965
Meriadoc Brandybuck
Magnificent Master of Buckland

Hobbit Beta, eh? Into the sig it goes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain
Home school would've been fun, but I would've missed all the great times I had in class.
You had fun in class?
When I went to private school (before I started homeschool), the boys were, well, boys. They made a "pen gun" and shot rubber bands during class. And one even almost re-broke another boy's arm.

Is there anything I can do that wouldn't inconvenience me?.-Adrian Monk

Hogan: What's a definate factor that we can count on?
Newkirk: We don't know what we're doing.

Do you wanna split a pineapple? -Shawn Spencer
Old 03-30-2006, 08:43 PM   #966
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Ah, the joys of schooling... Gah, I dont think college is any more than glorified Highschool, where the professors are no better but less accountable.
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
Old 03-30-2006, 08:52 PM   #967
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Aaack! I've been attacked by a sausage!!!!!

*brings a piping hot plate of fresh-from-the-local-market sausages to the Cafe, wiping off a little burn where the sausage broke its casing and squirted her*

Bwahahaha, you sausage! You're history!!!
*eats the offending link, then offers the rest to the other Cafe-ers*

Nurvaroo - what's your new nickname? I couldn't find it ...

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Old 03-30-2006, 08:53 PM   #968
ElvenLover
Elven Warrior

Location: I'm living in the only place teenagers are neither adults nor children, where we are free from the expectations of the world. This place is the insanity of our minds.
Ohh, I like sausage. I would like some please.

I'VE GOT A LOVELY BUNCH OF COCONUTS,
THERE THEY ARE ALL STANDING IN A ROW.
BIG ONES, SMALL ONES, SOME AS BIG AS YOUR HEAD,
GIVE THEM A TWIST, A FLICK OF THE WRIST,
THAT'S WHAT THE SHOWMAN SAID.

ROLL-A-BOWL-A-BALL,
A PENNY A PITCH.
ROLL-A-BOWL-A-BALL,
A PENNY A PITCH.
ROLL-A-BOWL-A-BALL,
ROLL-A-BOWL-A-BALL,
SINGING ROLL-A-BOWL-A-BALL,
A PENNY A PITCH!
Old 03-30-2006, 08:54 PM   #969
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

What the hell? A Sentient Sausage attacked you? This is news...
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
Old 03-30-2006, 08:54 PM   #970
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

*passes plate over to SausageLover ... er, ElvenLover*

Yeah, the little bugger juiced me!

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Old 03-30-2006, 09:00 PM   #971
ElvenLover
Elven Warrior

Location: I'm living in the only place teenagers are neither adults nor children, where we are free from the expectations of the world. This place is the insanity of our minds.
Thank you!
*Chews, finally satisfied.*

ROLL-A-BOWL-A-BALL,
A PENNY A PITCH.
ROLL-A-BOWL-A-BALL,
A PENNY A PITCH.
ROLL-A-BOWL-A-BALL,
ROLL-A-BOWL-A-BALL,
A PENNY A PITCH!
Old 03-30-2006, 09:06 PM   #972
ElvenLover
Elven Warrior

Hey Sane,
I love that tiger cubs picture you have in your signature. I adore tigers, especially the white ones!

ROLL-A-BOWL-A-BALL,
A PENNY A PITCH.
ROLL-A-BOWL-A-BALL,
A PENNY A PITCH.
ROLL-A-BOWL-A-BALL,
ROLL-A-BOWL-A-BALL,
A PENNY A PITCH!
Old 03-30-2006, 09:24 PM   #973
trolls' bane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meriadoc Brandybuck
When I went to private school (before I started homeschool), the boys were, well, boys. They made a "pen gun" and shot rubber bands during class. And one even almost re-broke another boy's arm.
Typical. Sounds exactly like every other boy in all my classes--no, I take that back, it sounds a hell of a lot better than the other boys in my classes.
Old 03-30-2006, 09:31 PM   #974
ElvenLover
Elven Warrior

The ones around here arent that smart. All they can do is throw things and make spitballs.
Maybe I should be gr8ful

ROLL-A-BOWL-A-BALL,
A PENNY A PITCH.
ROLL-A-BOWL-A-BALL,
A PENNY A PITCH.
ROLL-A-BOWL-A-BALL,
ROLL-A-BOWL-A-BALL,
A PENNY A PITCH!
Old 03-30-2006, 09:33 PM   #975
trolls' bane

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElvenLover
The ones around here arent that smart. All they can do is throw things and make spitballs.
Maybe I should be gr8ful
Yes! Be glad you don't have to worry about getting stabbed or shot, as in my case--not from the kids in my school per say (though they tend to be equally "gangsta").
Old 03-30-2006, 09:34 PM   #976
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterbeer
???

What Mod bashing? I can only assume SGH you are not reffering to me here? In point of fact i have been incredibly fair and in general supportive of the Mods.

This rather reads since it replied to my post, as if i personally have been mod bashing over the last 2 days? I cannot think of one to be frank- perhaps you could fill me in on this? I have had no pM from you so i reply here where you have put this - here in public.

I think you took my post yesterday the wrong way - though i concede it was certainly open to be read the way you evidently did.

For the record it was not directed on my part at any mod at all - nor at Mods in general - i did not mean to imply either me or CS had been banned - more that the original crazy gang each have found it too much to long ... Gor is still around but a shadow of her fomer self, merely playing triv games ... nothing wrong with that BTW ... i have not seen much of TD but i guess he is ok - i hope so!

I'll happily say my post reads somewhat contentious - i just re-read it luckily - you can, or not if you will, take my word that that was mainly on my part clumsy rather than critical and in part due to being in not the best frame of mind when i wrote it.

But for the public record i am suprised that you imply publically here i have been mod bashing?

I mean knock me over with a feather - i am that suprised by it!

who? when? what?

Anyway, i can see how it can be read - but would not a Pm be in order- i would happily haved re-looked at it and edited

heehee .. what are things coming to when errant mooters need to ask Mods / admins to move this to Pm's!

yes- i will take a break again - i only got drawn back by a couple of things and PM's - and yes it is entirely my own decision. I beleive Lotsy clearly states this too- and for the record the same for CS, who too is sadly missed.

...anyway - i will PM you ...

but publically - all the best, BB

and see you all guys mooters and cuppers all - its been fun! -

...oh and Lief - you did say publically to kick you!!! - i mean i try to help y'know!!
Your PM has been acknowledged. Don't know if you will come back to read it or not.

I'll just say this publically: I find it ironic how some members complain in volumes publicly, and then complain about another complaining. You have choices aswell. A bit of a double standard I would say. Also, I have learned in my old age not to take my bad day out on others. My grandma use to say: "words spoken are like bullets fired, you can't take'm back".

"North away." he said: "to the swords, and the siege, and the walls of defence - that yet for a while in Beleriand rivers may run clean, leaves spring, and birds build their nests, ere Night comes."

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide
Old 03-30-2006, 09:39 PM   #977
trolls' bane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Golden Hair
Your PM has been acknowledged. Don't know if you will come back to read it or not.

I'll just say this publically: I find it ironic how some members complain in volumes publicly, and then complain about another complaining. You have choices aswell. A bit of a double standard I would say. Also, I have learned in my old age not to take my bad day out on others. My grandma use to say: "words spoken are like bullets fired, you can't take'm back".
And I tend to be caught in the crossfire...
Old 03-30-2006, 09:40 PM   #978
ElvenLover
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by trolls' bane
Yes! Be glad you don't have to worry about getting stabbed or shot, as in my case--not from the kids in my school per say (though they tend to be equally "gangsta").

I would not say i do not have to worry about it, just maybe not as much. My town is not that big, but the people are equally stupid.
Though I would have a better shot at getting pregant (is that spelled right? Sry. Sleepy doin' homework.) than getting shot at.

ROLL-A-BOWL-A-BALL,
A PENNY A PITCH.
ROLL-A-BOWL-A-BALL,
A PENNY A PITCH.
ROLL-A-BOWL-A-BALL,
ROLL-A-BOWL-A-BALL,
A PENNY A PITCH!
Old 03-30-2006, 09:43 PM   #979
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Quote:
Originally Posted by trolls' bane
And I tend to be caught in the crossfire...
Honey, you put yourself "in the crossfire." That's what you like to do.

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Old 03-30-2006, 09:45 PM   #980
trolls' bane

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElvenLover
I would not say i do not have to worry about it, just maybe not as much. My town is not that big, but the people are equally stupid.
Though I would have a better shot at getting pregant (is that spelled right? Sry. Sleepy doin' homework.) than getting shot at.
Nope! But close enough. Ah. Small towns are way cool, even with idiots. Especially if they're completely cut off from the outside world, nearly empty, surrounded by impassible mountains with at most two roads, more full of intelligent people, especially older people that have a lot in common with you, no rap or "gangsta's" or any other form of ghettoness whatesoever (gua! What I wouldn't give...), and no tourists.
Closed Thread