FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2003, 12:45 PM   #961
Elfmaster XK
Possessive Villain Fancier

Quote:
Originally posted by Andúril
Excellent! XK's bow is mine!

Um, might I ask: is it a new bow, or has it been used before?
*wibble* My agent says no comment. And, speaking of which, *wibble* my word! You stole it and put it in your sig! You must pay me now.

Quote:
I suddenly thought to myself: Why hasn't XK answered this incredibly important question? So I went back to double-check and wudduya know?
I always answer you, but you didn't PM me back. *pout*
Quote:
*throws a at Lizra. And Baby-K, Elfmaster XK, Dwarven Sen, BoP, Eärniel and RÃ*an as well I suppose*
I give a great massage you know

Last edited by Elfmaster XK : 01-27-2003 at 12:54 PM.
Old 01-27-2003, 01:01 PM   #962
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Quote:
Originally posted by Andúril
RÃ*an has complimented me too, but I don't foresee anything happening in that area, unfortunately. Unless.....nah.
Yes, it's safe to say the only thing that will "happen" is that I send you my best wishes and prayers for a wonderful, monogamous marriage

*feels another lecture coming*

There's a big difference between finding someone attractive and acting on that attraction. (BTW, a compliment by no means indicates an attraction, either - it takes more than good looks to make someone attractive to me). Unfaithfulness in marriage, IMO, is a matter of wrong choices made early on that could have been avoided. People say "Oh, we were just swept away, we couldn't help it" or things along those lines. Yes, in a way, but it could have been avoided.

It's kind of like walking along and suddenly coming to a raging river. If you stay out of the water, you'll be ok; however, if you first dip a toe in, then get your feet in, then wade out a bit deeper, then you will get to a point where you are completely swept away and have no control. Where you DO have a choice is whether or not you take all of those little steps into the river.

In 16 years of marriage, I have come across some guys that have been attractive to me to the point where I got a little warning signal (i.e., you're disappointed if you go to a group outing and they aren't there, you're finding yourself wanting to extend a conversation beyond what you would normally do, etc.) and believe me, I love my husband so much and respect marriage so much that I ran like the plague from the situation, or if I couldn't help being with the person, then I just made sure I never sought them out in conversation, or just politely cut the conversation short instead of trying to keep it going, or just kept by my husband's side as much as possible. Do you see? When you're married, of course you're not dead to attractive people, but you CAN and DO make choices to act or not act on that attraction.

God says it very well (He's so smart ) -
Quote:
First Corinthians 10:13,14
No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; He will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, He will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it.
BTW, God allows temptations in our life, but in the book of James it is clearly stated that God Himself doesn't tempt us, it is our own sin nature. And in the overcoming of temptation there is much good that is brought about (increased faith and perserverence, compassion for others dealing with the same temptations, etc.), and that's why He allows it, but also provides the way of escape.

And frankly, because we have safeguarded and cherished and worked on our marriage so much (i.e., taken postive safeguarding steps, kinda like building a safety rail next to the river), I can really only remember a few times where I felt an attraction to the extent that I had to take the steps I mentioned above.

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Old 01-27-2003, 02:39 PM   #963
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

*hee hee, scared 'em all away with my long-winded lecture!**

ok, you can come back now, I'm done!

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Old 01-27-2003, 04:06 PM   #964
Gwaimir Windgem
Dread Mothy Lord and Halfwitted Apprentice Loremaster

In response to the speech...

You said it!

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Old 01-27-2003, 09:15 PM   #965
Rían

Old 01-27-2003, 09:41 PM   #966
Arathorn
Bard of Mangled Songs

<wakes up from behind the keg>

I wasn't scared...

Accio, Ash Nazg!

Elennuru s?*la lúmenn' omentielvo (The Death Star shines on the hour of our meeting) - Darth Arathorn

Put aside the ranger...
Start looking for Mumakil action figures...

Last edited by Arathorn : 01-27-2003 at 09:43 PM.
Old 01-27-2003, 09:43 PM   #967
Rían

Old 01-27-2003, 10:49 PM   #968
wahine
The Original Amazonian Coconut

I feel bad and angry at this point.

I don't own a digital camera or a scanner, so I had my brother email me some pictures of myself. I specifically asked for pictures where I wasn't in my Luau dress (Last year) or a bikin, he sent me pictures from the Luau.

Don't think I'm slutty. I'm not on a normal basis.

This is a picture of me and my ferternal twin brother.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg luau.jpg (2.0 KB, 229 views)
Old 01-27-2003, 11:05 PM   #969
Rána Eressëa
The Rogue Elf

Quote:
Originally posted by Artanis
Why say sorry? He is cute. Already he's charming women of all ages. But we didn't name him Frodo, no.
I usually have Frodo outbursts and end up apologizing for them, but I never apologize for cuteness!
Old 01-27-2003, 11:41 PM   #970
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Wow Wahine! Wish that pix was bigger! You look lovely! "Wahine" is an island girl, right? I used to have a Hawaiian boyfriend, his mom would refer to "white" girls as howlies, (I'm sure the spelling is off), is that right? He married a Japanese girl! I think his mom was happy.

Hi RE, welcome back! Where'd you go!

Last edited by Lizra : 01-27-2003 at 11:45 PM.
Old 01-28-2003, 12:34 AM   #971
Khamûl
Slacker
Warrior Admin

Quote:
Originally posted by RÃ*an
Khamûl - Beleg Strongbow of Doriath - Khamûl has nice broad shoulders, and I can see him patrolling Doriath's borders, shooting orcs (and misbehaving 'Mooters ), then coming back to the palace and dining with Lúthien;
...and end up getting killed by my best friend. I love happy endings.

And Earniel -- you do remind me of Miranda Otto. You're very pretty.

Psalm 107:31
Old 01-28-2003, 12:40 AM   #972
samwise of the shire
Radically Tolkienited

Location: If home is where the heart is, and my heart is in heaven...that should answer your question. <+><
This is me at my camp a year or so ago. I am 14 in this picture and am slightly caught off gaurd by my friend after coming away from a drink at the fountain.
http://www.sd148.k12.id.us/Students/...iends/abby.jpg
Hope this works. If not you can delete it.
Cheers,
Sam
~J.R.R Tolkien
Radically Saved, Totally Tolkienited
GOD...
BLESS...
AMERICA...
Old 01-28-2003, 01:16 AM   #973
Gwaimir Windgem
Dread Mothy Lord and Halfwitted Apprentice Loremaster

Hehe, you look slightly caught off guard. Still quite a nice pic, though.

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Old 01-28-2003, 01:20 AM   #974
Baby-K
Corruptor

Lizra - I am glad 2 hear that he has such wonderful - uhm - attributes............ Keeping in mind that I am older than him & not an inexperienced young pup I am sure I could handle it - question is - will he be able to keep up with me? I don't wanna break him & render him useless to the rest of the wonderfully gorgeous ladies here.

RÃ*an - I agree marriage is a sacred, holy institution which should never be broken for the sake of a mere "sidetrip" from the road you have chosen. But since I am not quite ready to be institutionalised yet I suppose I can have a bit of fun....

EXK - you give good massages? Excellent news - I am sure it will come in handy.............after your drinking contest (and whatever else) of course
Old 01-28-2003, 02:46 AM   #975
Andúril
The Original Corruptor

Quote:
Lizra:
He is wonderful!!!! Ask for a passion fruit "dip", and don't forget to dance! He's good at "swimming" and "aerobics", and his endurance is incredible!
Well thank you, Lizra. I think honesty is the best policy, and I am glad that you agree.
Quote:
More:
He may have intimidated some of the younger girls ( the room lockers) with his enthusiasm,
Well, there may be hope left...
Quote:
EXK:
*wibble* My agent says no comment. And, speaking of which, *wibble* my word! You stole it and put it in your sig! You must pay me now.
Will your agent comment when I start to use your bow, or not? Is your agent female? She could be a commentator....

I'm sorry about stealing your wibble, but your wibble now belongs to condo.
Quote:
More:
I always answer you, but you didn't PM me back. *pout*
*audience gasps in horror* I didn't PM you back? My apologies, bowmaster XK.
Quote:
More:
I give a great massage you know

That will come in very handy.
Quote:
Baby-K
Lizra - I am glad 2 hear that he has such wonderful - uhm - attributes............ Keeping in mind that I am older than him & not an inexperienced young pup I am sure I could handle it - question is - will he be able to keep up with me? I don't wanna break him & render him useless to the rest of the wonderfully gorgeous ladies here.
I'm 22 -- I do not need rest. I am a machine. A "fun" machine (batteries included).

Although, Lizra did almost break me. A week in the room (the room is locked and has chains inside) is no joke, let me tell you. But I survived.
Old 01-28-2003, 02:54 AM   #976
Baby-K
Corruptor

Andúril, my sweet - if I wanted something with batteries included I would ask for Danny............

Just take plenty of vitamins & do some stamina building exercises & I am sure we will b fine

Oh - about the passion fruit "dip" - could we change to strawberry? (the passion will take care of itself)
Old 01-28-2003, 04:14 AM   #977
Andúril
The Original Corruptor

Quote:
Baby-K:
Andúril, my sweet - if I wanted something with batteries included I would ask for Danny............
....Dolphin? Okaaaaay.
Quote:
More:
Just take plenty of vitamins & do some stamina building exercises & I am sure we will b fine
Well, I'm starting at the gym again on 1st Feb. I'll make a "nice" body for you (and any other bow-owners who would like to use it).
Quote:
More:
Oh - about the passion fruit "dip" - could we change to strawberry? (the passion will take care of itself)
Strawberry's nice. But before we make any definite plans, let's ask EXK what flavour she would like to be immersed in.

*remembers tongue fitness exercises with Lizra*

Elfmaster XK, I can't send you that damn PM. I tried a few days ago, and now again, but it won't go through. Have sent an email instead.

Last edited by Andúril : 01-28-2003 at 04:17 AM.
Old 01-28-2003, 04:22 AM   #978
Andúril
The Original Corruptor

Quote:
EXK:
And, speaking of which, *wibble* my word!
I like the way you said that. Very stone-age.
Old 01-28-2003, 04:34 AM   #979
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Evil Smirk

Allow me to point out from www.dictionary.com:

wibble

[UK, perh. originally from the first "Roger Irrelevant"
strip in "VIZ" comics] 1. n.,v. Commonly used to describe chatter,
content-free remarks or other essentially meaningless contributions
to threads in newsgroups. "Oh, rspence is wibbling again". 2. [UK
IRC] An explicit on-line no-op equivalent to humma. 3. One of the
preferred metasyntactic variables in the UK, forming a series with
`wobble', `wubble', and `flob' (attributed to the hilarious
historical comedy "Blackadder"). 4. A pronounciation of the letters
"www", as seen in URLs; i.e., www.foo.com may be pronounced
"wibble dot foo dot com" (compare dub dub dub).

Old 01-28-2003, 04:54 AM   #980
Andúril
The Original Corruptor

I normally say "dubby dubby dubby", but hey, don't mess with the guy that benched 100kg three years ago.

BoP, when are you going to give us another pic?
Closed Thread