Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2005, 11:39 PM   #961
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

vent - false accusations that are totally disgusting!

And inventory control in the candy sale again - again, time wasted because of sloppy inventory control

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Old 09-19-2005, 11:42 PM   #962
trolls' bane
Entmoot Secretary of the Treasury

I agree, Rian. In fact:
Vent: I am sick and tired of people putting words into my mouth or saying I didn't say something important when I did. I am also sick of people who change around what I said so the basic concept isn't twisted enough to be considered lying but just enough to make me look bad. I've been wanting to get that out for a while . Keep forgetting.
Old 09-20-2005, 01:36 PM   #963
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Trolls' bane: My advise to you is openly confront them with doing exactly what you just outlined here, be aggressive and forthright, and demand that they answer the question you ask them with a simple answer - never accept another question back at you as an answer. Like this: " Where were you last night?" if they answer, "Where were YOU?", do NOT accept this, it is manipulation tactics. Make them answer your question first, if they cannot or will not do that one simple thing for you, then just leave, just walk away & refuse to speak to them until they can be straight with YOU. Take the power back, you know? Anyway, that's what I would do...

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Old 09-20-2005, 03:22 PM   #964
Mercutio

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOBBIT
so far Wind Ensemble (the concert band that im in) has been ok.
I have to be at school at 7 AM every day :P school starts at 7:40 though - you just have to be there early for practical reasons - 7 is the latest I can leave to get to school on time with traffic, etc. And a couple days a week we have band sectionals where you have to be in the band room to play at 7 AM - that means leaving like 6:45 or 6:50.
Oh, well.
This your last year too?
Band is a class period during the day. This year it is an honors level course (because it is the top group) for seniors and an accelerated course for juniors. (credit-wise that is)

Yes I'm a senior, how exciting

Our regular classes go from 8:00 until 2:40. On normal days I leave at about 7:45 or 7:50 (we live really close). Our school is quite small (200 in the high school, 600 PK-12). The current high school building only has two hallways plus some modulars. So it never takes more than 3 minutes to get anywhere.

We're building a brand new high school, cafeteria, auditorium, revamping the gym, etc....it will be done next summer for Fall '06.

If they had stayed on schedule though I'd be in it now. Too bad.

Interested in C.S. Lewis? Visit the forum dedicated
to one of Tolkien's greatest contemporaries.
Old 09-20-2005, 06:13 PM   #965
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

ooops, sms like adouble post! see the one below.

Last edited by Butterbeer : 09-20-2005 at 06:16 PM.
Old 09-20-2005, 06:15 PM   #966
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotesse
Trolls' bane: My advise to you is openly confront them with doing exactly what you just outlined here, be aggressive and forthright, and demand that they answer the question you ask them with a simple answer - never accept another question back at you as an answer. Like this: " Where were you last night?" if they answer, "Where were YOU?", do NOT accept this, it is manipulation tactics. Make them answer your question first, if they cannot or will not do that one simple thing for you, then just leave, just walk away & refuse to speak to them until they can be straight with YOU. Take the power back, you know? Anyway, that's what I would do...

wotcha!

well, i know not what the context is here ... and while i do not disagree with you for a momment Lotesse in real-life ... i do worry a touch about that advice here on the moot ... just simply because things are so easy to misinterpret here .... as has been witnessed so many times by so many different mooters .... so many times ... more times than not by mistake

... hopefully if the context here with TB is moot based then i would have to say ... try and check out if it IS a mistake or if it IS MALAIGNED towards you first .... cus' unfortunately it can be easy to make a mistake .. but not so easy on here to repair that ...

though not impossible .. as i hope we all here are testimont to!

best all BB

P.S. if it genuinely AINT THE CASE ...as Lotesse says ...***K em'.

Old 09-20-2005, 06:45 PM   #967
Rosie Gamgee
The Lovely Hobbit-Lass

Vent:

I suddenly find myself trying to get over a boyfriend I never had. It truely stinks.
A guy cannot simply waltz into a g!rl's life and then step back out again for no good reason!!! To carelessly play with a g!rl's affections is a horrible thing to do, and I wish to the sky this fellow hadn't done it to me. And he acts as if nothing ever was between us. Probably forgot, the jerk. I want to slap him upside the head with a two-by-four and demand an explaination of his actions, but I don't see what good this would do, except maybe save his next victim some pain.
So thank you, Stephen, for being the cause of many tears and for not caring.
How can I take this losing hand and somehow win?

Just give me One Good Year To get my feet back on the ground.
I've been chasing grace; Grace ain't so easily found
One bad hand can devil a man, chase him and carry him down.
I've got to get out of here, just give me One Good Year!

Last edited by Rosie Gamgee : 09-20-2005 at 08:16 PM.
Old 09-20-2005, 11:38 PM   #968
trolls' bane

Quote:
Or I could just imitate you know who...

[CARLIN]Here's another group of people who should be srapped into chairs and beaten with hammers...[/CARLIN]

Well, beleive me, I notice that since my dad has been working only ten hours rather than 18 hours (which is way more than what's legal), he has been doing that less. He was the one who did it the most. My grandma (Who also lives out here and whom I see on a daily basis) also does the same thing, but without knowing it.
Old 09-21-2005, 10:35 PM   #969
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Yikes! I haven't been on the moot in almost a week and have a stack of PMs to reply to and a bunch of threads to catch up on.

And a bunch of tests coming up in school.

Someone shoot me.

Besides Spock, I mean.
Old 09-21-2005, 11:51 PM   #970
trolls' bane

VENT: I am so sick of this thing with Entmoot too!
VENT 2: I am so sick of people thinking I'm stupid. When will they learn that I'm NOT?!?!?!? When will these power-loving fools give me the recognition I deserve? I'm so sick of people going over stuff with me that I only need to read once!
VENT 3: My ice in my blue powerade melted .
VENT 4: I am still going to a science class that I'm a year ahead on.
VENT 5: STUPID RITA!!!!! Why are all these hurricanes bothering these people. What did they ever do to them???
VENT 4: 2 Hour PE
Anti-Vent 1: Watched moonset over San Jacinto Mountain (you know, the one with the Palm Springs Tramway?)
Anti-Vent 2: I go to a school with a newpaper!!!! My School has a newspaper!!!!! Can you beleive the LUCK? I sure can't. Imagine that, a newspaper. (If you think I'm joking, think again )
Anti-Vent 3: On HVEL I oficially declared today a holiday--I really don't feel like explaining it now, though.
Anti-Vent 4: Baxter finally shut up.
Anti-Vent 5: Got XM to work on my computer.
Anti-Vent 6: Got an excellent stereo system hooked up to my computer.

Well, now I might as well not post this, since I have matched my Vents with Anti-Vents.
Old 09-21-2005, 11:54 PM   #971
trolls' bane

Well, until this post, there are 969 posts in the Temporary Venting Thread, and 474 in the What are your reading right now thread.
Wow, this really messed it up. I meant to post this in the Teacup Cafe.
Old 09-22-2005, 12:12 AM   #972
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Quote:
Originally Posted by trolls' bane

Well, now I might as well not post this, since I have matched my Vents with Anti-Vents.
LOL!! Hey, trolls' bane, people probably don't think you're stupid, most likely quite the contrary - and they feel threatened and inferior to how you are able to think at your age. Don't get too mad at them, t-bane! One has to just learn a sort of graceful patience, I suppose, but you gotta be careful too, because people like that will pop up all throughout your life, and some will be in a position to really do you harm if they feel threatened by you. As Forrest Gump says, "Stupid is as stupid does." Stupid people are a danger to intelligent and innovative thinkers, so just - try not and let it get to you too much, because they'll drain your energy.

Oh - and I LOVE your "vent, anti-vent" idea!

Old 09-22-2005, 12:16 AM   #973
trolls' bane

It's been used before, just not to such an excellent degree of magnificence. *GASP* I got to go!!! I got to get up real early tomorrow.
Old 09-22-2005, 07:41 AM   #974
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Location: Mirkwood, well actually I live in North-west Scania, Sweden
Another happy went:
Finally rid of the pin in my right pinkie and the stitches. Feels good. Finger bending training program will commence soon.
Old 09-22-2005, 08:06 AM   #975
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf
Another happy went:
Finally rid of the pin in my right pinkie and the stitches. Feels good. Finger bending training program will commence soon.
Azoy vert dos kichel tzekrochen.
Old 09-23-2005, 06:06 AM   #976
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock
Azoy vert dos kichel tzekrochen.
What does that mean? Sorry, I'm not all that good at German.
Old 09-23-2005, 10:56 PM   #977
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

glad to hear that, Gray Wolf!!

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Old 09-24-2005, 08:47 AM   #978
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by RÃ*an
glad to hear that, Gray Wolf!!
Thanks.

On another note for u "Of Kings, Friends and Nazguls" RPG'ers, the reason I wasn't posting so much and appearing less often was that Mum was less than pleased then she saw the surf-bill of 700 SEK's (about $70) and I had to cut down on my internet-time. And as I posted before I'm not so eloquent as most of you are. But I sure hope me not posting so much was not the cause of the recent problems on the thread.

Last edited by Grey_Wolf : 09-24-2005 at 08:50 AM.
Old 09-24-2005, 01:39 PM   #979
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

OF COURSE NOT, you silly, silly goose!! I saw you mention that somewhere, about your surf bill. I figured that, plus your hurt hand, must have been slowing you down, but we still miss you over there! Anything you can post about Penny is wonderful.

Old 09-25-2005, 03:59 AM   #980
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Quote:
OF COURSE NOT, you silly, silly goose!! I saw you mention that somewhere, about your surf bill. I figured that, plus your hurt hand, must have been slowing you down, but we still miss you over there! Anything you can post about Penny is wonderful.
Ok. Thanks. Will try to do my best.
Closed Thread