Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2005, 03:22 PM   #941
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Look real quick and then post me back, see if when you refresh "Today's Posts," how many posts are listed for you? For me, I only see 5.

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Old 09-18-2005, 03:24 PM   #942
trolls' bane
Entmoot Secretary of the Treasury

I have a similar problem with a different part of Entmoot, so it's not just her.
Old 09-18-2005, 03:26 PM   #943
trolls' bane

And I've had that problem with 5 different computers, come to think of it.

*baby steps to 90 seconds, baby steps to 90 seconds, baby steps to 90 seconds....*
Old 09-18-2005, 03:37 PM   #944
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

It's not one's own personal computer, it is the server that entmoot subscribes with, I think, but I'm not sure, and NObody from entmoot mod or whatever feels like explaining this to us. It has now been 3 hours, still no explanation.

Old 09-18-2005, 03:42 PM   #945
trolls' bane

Well, it's not that bad. There aren't any on right now, I don't think.
Old 09-18-2005, 03:45 PM   #946
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

That means we can start a revolution, and there will be NO opposition!! Is eddie up and running? Are the reserve troops on stand-by? Lock'n'load!

Old 09-18-2005, 03:49 PM   #947
trolls' bane

All of that is up and running. So is the Martian Invasion Force and the Last Alliance .
Old 09-18-2005, 04:22 PM   #948
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

um... might be more effective to send a PM or post a message in the tech forum. Believe it or not the mods do have lives (I know Im shocked too ) so they arent on here 24/7 and they cant be expected to instantly follow up on every tech complaint posted in random threads.

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
Old 09-18-2005, 04:42 PM   #949
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Yeah, you're right, and I bet not a few of them will sternly PM me later on, when they see all the vents I posted earlier.

Old 09-18-2005, 05:42 PM   #950
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotesse
I don't think moderators even read the temporary venting thread, or SOMEthing, because I've been bitching about that auto-erase problem since 9:48 and 2 hours 45 minutes later, still no one has even acknowledged that there's a problem or explained to me why the problem exists. Unbe-friggin'-lieveable.
Three hours and no explanation. Oh noes. God forbid.

In my case, basically because you're barking up the wrong tree. Moderators can't change anything on the Entmoot technical field. It's admins ya'd be wantin'. IF it is something they can change in the first place.

You know, not that I would dare to suggest something a little more practical than posting 10 times in a row in the venting thread and getting upset because the mod-team doesn't immediatly spots the bat-sign. But as IR said, try posting it in the Feedback and Tech forum or PM an admin. And please be so kind to give them a little more than 2 hours to respond.
Old 09-18-2005, 07:05 PM   #951
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eärniel
Three hours and no explanation. Oh noes. God forbid.

In my case, basically because you're barking up the wrong tree. Moderators can't change anything on the Entmoot technical field. It's admins ya'd be wantin'. IF it is something they can change in the first place.

You know, not that I would dare to suggest something a little more practical than posting 10 times in a row in the venting thread and getting upset because the mod-team doesn't immediatly spots the bat-sign. But as IR said, try posting it in the Feedback and Tech forum or PM an admin. And please be so kind to give them a little more than 2 hours to respond.
My bad, Earniel; it WAS fairly immature for me to carry on like that this morning, I will definitely admit. I was just being uber-grumpy.

Old 09-19-2005, 03:22 AM   #952
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

I was a bit grumpy myself, so let's just forget it.

VENT: Sigh, I like it when my sister comes home for the weekend. And I like designing and making her Miffy-Tshirts. But does she have to make it that difficult for me? Grrr.... It takes 3 hours to dry the lining and another 9 to dry the colouring! Please do not rush me to make two T-shirts in one weekend and then tell me it wasn't that urgent in the first place when I can't finish it on time. Fne!
Old 09-19-2005, 11:06 AM   #953
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotesse
I don't think moderators even read the temporary venting thread, or SOMEthing, because I've been bitching about that auto-erase problem since 9:48 and 2 hours 45 minutes later, still no one has even acknowledged that there's a problem or explained to me why the problem exists. Unbe-friggin'-lieveable.
Sometimes we sleep.
Old 09-19-2005, 12:41 PM   #954
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eärniel
I was a bit grumpy myself, so let's just forget it.

VENT: Sigh, I like it when my sister comes home for the weekend. And I like designing and making her Miffy-Tshirts. But does she have to make it that difficult for me? Grrr.... It takes 3 hours to dry the lining and another 9 to dry the colouring! Please do not rush me to make two T-shirts in one weekend and then tell me it wasn't that urgent in the first place when I can't finish it on time. Fne!
Tell her to get in line - Entmoot t-shirts first!!

(Joke! Joke! )

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Old 09-19-2005, 06:34 PM   #955
Nerdanel
Spammer of the Happy Thread

I'm taking a gene technology laboratory course now. My mother tongue is Swedish, the lecturers and assistants only speak Finnish and the instructions are in English. This is an example of what it says in the instructions:

An anti-digoxigenin antibody-alkaline phosphatase conjugate is allowed to bind to the hybridized probe and the signal is detected with colorimetric or chemiluminescent alkaline phosphatase substrates.

*laughs* I guess I just have to try not to let it discourage me.. And I won't.^^

- C. Sagan

My (photography) website
My Flickr page
Old 09-19-2005, 09:35 PM   #956
trolls' bane

Vent--Stupid school rules!!!??!? ????--
Last monday my science teacher, with whom I have a lot in common (we both moved from LA this summer, and we don't know our street names or anything yet), said that I shouldn't be in his class. He said that I should switch up to Biology from Environmental Science. He pointed out that the class was too easy for me. Now here comes the vent. I went to the office to see what I could do, and they said that I have to have geometry to have biology. What the HELL does geometry have to do with biology!?!
I want out of his class, not because of him, but because the remainder of last week and today showed me that it WAS too easy, and yet I can't go ahead because of some stupid rule that you have to have something totally irrelevant to be in that class.!?!?
Old 09-19-2005, 09:39 PM   #957
HOBBIT
Saviour of Entmoot Admiral

thats a requirement at my school too I believe - must be some reason for it ;P

Year I took Biology i was in Geometry (sophomore year). Freshmen were taking the same Biology class, but they were also taking Geometry that year.
-------

Vent: Ugh, I'm starting to really HATE marching band. This is my 4th and final year in it - I'm a senior now. But it is becoming less and less fun.

My last year- and I having the least amount of fun this year than all the other years.

Can't wait until it is over.

"I'm up to here with cool, ok? I'm so amazingly cool you could keep a side of meat in me for a month. I am so hip I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis" - Zaphod Beeblebrox

Latest Blog Post: Just Quit Facebook? No One Cares!
Old 09-19-2005, 09:42 PM   #958
trolls' bane

And my grandma said that I should join marching band instead of PE only because I like classical music .
Old 09-19-2005, 10:37 PM   #959
Mercutio

I'm not liking regular band, HOBBIT.

It's just not the place for an oboe, I'm afraid. Orchestra is much more my thing.

I need to do band though, for all-state stuff, and they need me. We have "zero period" for it too...which means an extra 40 min. before school starts. I have to be there at 7:20 for it tomorrow

Interested in C.S. Lewis? Visit the forum dedicated
to one of Tolkien's greatest contemporaries.
Old 09-19-2005, 10:44 PM   #960
HOBBIT
Saviour of Entmoot Admiral

so far Wind Ensemble (the concert band that im in) has been ok.

I have to be at school at 7 AM every day :P school starts at 7:40 though - you just have to be there early for practical reasons - 7 is the latest I can leave to get to school on time with traffic, etc. And a couple days a week we have band sectionals where you have to be in the band room to play at 7 AM - that means leaving like 6:45 or 6:50.

Oh, well.

This your last year too?

Band is a class period during the day. This year it is an honors level course (because it is the top group) for seniors and an accelerated course for juniors. (credit-wise that is)

"I'm up to here with cool, ok? I'm so amazingly cool you could keep a side of meat in me for a month. I am so hip I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis" - Zaphod Beeblebrox

Latest Blog Post: Just Quit Facebook? No One Cares!
Closed Thread