Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2005, 05:05 PM   #941
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

oh, you map people!

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Old 10-27-2005, 05:18 PM   #942
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterbeer
no need to be so touchy earniel
I am not touchy, but as I said I can't know how those guilds works or what will be AU and what not if these things aren't mentioned or explained either in the discussion- or the game thread. I can't read minds (sadly enough).

Quote:
Originally Posted by RÃ*an
And Eärniel falls into fountains? No wonder she and RÃ*an get along so well!
Well, you know this particular way children have of falling inadvertedly/on purpose into pools and such? It's like that.
Old 10-27-2005, 06:18 PM   #943
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf
Well, I don't really know. But I did think we had shelved the whole idea of the wolves eating the maid, hadn't we.

I don't know what I'm gonna do with the wolves, falco and the lynxes. Perhaps I should have them go back into the wilderness so there will be no more confusion.
DON't You DARE take your intertesting, beautiful animals out of Tharbad!! They have just as much right to be in our story as any one of the Elves, men, Nazgul, or freakin' tree. Let the eagles be rogue eagles, I say, and what may happen later on with the animals - wolves included - REMAINS a MYSTERY, everyone. You'll see what happens with them. First and foremost, it is entirely and most importantly Grey Wolf's artistic desicion where to take his wolves and lynxes. It is grossly unfair for any one of us to try and criticise the wolves' presence, or dictate where & what the animals may do.

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Old 10-27-2005, 06:23 PM   #944
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterbeer
Nay, not at all:

firstly there is a very organised alliance of air and earth , insects, mammals, birds etc ... then there is the Guild of predators ... the Tharbad guild run by Cruel claw the eagle Lord .... who, like Falco from the mountains guild, Wise-whit (currently) and Boomerang are members of the high council of the western alliance ... among many others ....

now what has been posted so far: just before entering the reception boom was ( unaware to himself) the object of a failed attack by (as it was later determined) a rogue buzzard ... this being witnessed by many owls, squirrels ... including the Leader walnut... and some hundred or so very excited tortoises ...)

so by the time Beautiful boom leaves the reception many mesengers from various affiliates are awaiting him .... including two eagles sent by cruel claw in case of any further attacks on a lord of air and the western alliance ....

so... we have the post where the accompany him to greet the arrivals from the guild of the Mountains .... nothing wrong with that ...

now the eagles with their sharp eyes describe the scene to Boom ... it is boom alone who realises that since Lomi is there the Companion must be no other than her nazgul ... the eagles do not know this: again: so no problem

as members of the guild they (the eagles) may not be over fond of wolves or wargs ... but as guild members they are to be respected ....esp since they are from another chapter or Guild ....

besides all this ... tolkien writes that not ALL eagles are noble or kind or "lawful" .... so no problem a third time

fourthly, the eagles as all others assume the nazgul are dead or in fragile body-less spirit form ... quite possibly that their former master is too .... so why would they suspect the lying rider by her horse .. staring up at the stars of being a nazgul?

Fifthly even were they to be aware .... it is by no means certain that they would on-the-spot find it conducive to themselves to break suddenly from the guild and make themselves enemies of the whole alliance .... and ALL the guilds ... and certainly these 2 eagles would not presume to usurp their lord and make such a dcision on their own anyway .... i do not think either that Eagles nor tolkien's portrayals of eagles would think like that .... they look after themselves first and consider later with whom they ally themselves ....

now these two eagles have but been given an instruction by their lord to ensure that a fellow lord of air is safe ... especially as other guild's members were in the vicinity .... Cruel claw has numerous reasons here: firstly an attack on any lord of Air is an attack on him and all other lords .... secondly as leader of the Guild he neither wants such an embarrasment on his claws ...and espcially not be so ridiculed when lord falco and White patch have come as high-ranking emmisaries from another Guild ....

all the two eagles have done is pass on a message, fly wing-cover to boom and at his request go catch a welcome to tharbad greeting for the wolves (as fellow guild of predators) from the mountains .... SO where is there a problem????

Frankly i cannot see it?

and btw this is an AU ... or have we lost sight of that?

best BB
Yeah!! What he said.

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Old 10-27-2005, 06:51 PM   #945
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

I think Earniel has a good point, that we typically try to go along with canon where possible, but as BB points out, JRRT allowed for some exceptions, so I think it will work fine.

(But I warn you, Tyaron's gonna kill some wolves! But they'll be ones that I make up )

VAL - get that king of yours over here and post for him! (please )

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Last edited by Rían : 10-27-2005 at 06:53 PM.
Old 10-27-2005, 06:58 PM   #946
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

I second that, Val!
Take the king, Estelmo and Mr O. home. Don't forget to say goodbye, please!

And what about the topaz?
Old 10-27-2005, 07:42 PM   #947
Lady Marion Magdalena
Elf Lord

Quote:
DON't You DARE take your intertesting, beautiful animals out of Tharbad!! They have just as much right to be in our story as any one of the Elves, men, Nazgul, or freakin' tree. Let the eagles be rogue eagles, I say, and what may happen later on with the animals - wolves included - REMAINS a MYSTERY, everyone. You'll see what happens with them. First and foremost, it is entirely and most importantly Grey Wolf's artistic desicion where to take his wolves and lynxes. It is grossly unfair for any one of us to try and criticise the wolves' presence, or dictate where & what the animals may do.
Mysteries are all very well, but it would be nice to have some hints about which of the human/elven characters are likely to come into contact with the animals and if so should we be expecting to need to write, friendly, neutral or hostile reactions. Such hints make balancing the AUness and the Nearer-to-Canon-ness easier. And surely we're allowed to be curious?

And of course he shouldn't take them out, they add much fun to the plot.
"Because it is my name! Because I cannot have another in my life! Because I lie and sign myself to lies! Because I am not worth the dust on the feet them that hang! How may I live without my name? I have given you my soul; Leave me my name!"

- The Crucible

"nolite hippopotamum vexare!"
Old 10-27-2005, 09:57 PM   #948
Rían

My goodness, I finally get some free time, and everyone else is tied up!

I already have my next several posts written, including an interesting (hopefully) poetry battle between Rian and the elf boys! But I don't want to take over the thread with my posts - come on, guys, write!! Please!! *growls at Real Life problems that are keeping the other RPG-ers away*

Old 10-27-2005, 10:47 PM   #949
Rían

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eärniel
Well, you know this particular way children have of falling inadvertedly/on purpose into pools and such? It's like that.
Oh ...

*looks around in embarassment*

Er, Rian just falls out of trees because she's a bit of a klutz It's the human blood in her

Old 10-27-2005, 10:47 PM   #950
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordis
I second that, Val!
Take the king, Estelmo and Mr O. home. Don't forget to say goodbye, please!

And what about the topaz?
Sorry - I'm back to the mode of just being able to skim posts among the different threads. Don't worry - I have not forgotten the topaz though.

Hopefully I can get 2-3 posts up within the next couple days. I have about the next three in mind - just sort of mapped out in my head (I tend to compose on the spot).

If you like, the rest of you can post as though the reception is all over and I'll do another one that's lagging in time.

Oh wait - better yet - I'll go stick in a placeholder post now!

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Ñ á ë ?* ó ú é ä ï ö Ö ñ É Þ ð ß ® ™

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Splitting Threads is SUCH Hard Work!!
Old 10-27-2005, 11:05 PM   #951
Rían

looking forward to them - just tell us when you've filled it in, so we can go back and read it

Old 10-27-2005, 11:59 PM   #952
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RÃ*an
You betcha!!
RÃ*an's finally found a guy that has both human and elven blood, and she's definitely interested (especially given his warm response to her...) However, she left before she saw him dance with Aiwendis, and from what I know of the love potion, Val will definitely NOT be interested in RÃ*an at ALL now, altho she doesn't know this yet. Is this right, love-potion guys? But I do want RÃ*an in Commerce, pining after Val a bit, and making Tyaron jealous...
Oh PUH-LEESE don't give up too easily! Valandil needs SOMEone willing to try to counter Gordis' evil spellcraft! Es-PESH-ully if it can be one of those Elves! As Men tell it, even an Elvish Kiss is quite enchanting - for us mortals anyhow!

C'mon ladies... all of Middle Earth is depending on you. The stakes are that high! If the Nazgul get what they want here - even if Gordis wins Valandil - there would be no line of Elendil in the North, no more descendants of Isildur... no Aragorn!

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Ñ á ë ?* ó ú é ä ï ö Ö ñ É Þ ð ß ® ™

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Splitting Threads is SUCH Hard Work!!
Old 10-28-2005, 12:07 AM   #953
Rían

Well, I suppose if it's for the good of Middle Earth ... *applies her Elvish lip gloss*

(seriously, I just didn't want to ruin Gor's storyline - Gor, let me know how much Val can like the elf chicks! The love potion thing was not my idea, so I don't want to stomp on someone else's idea. Let me know what to do, please )

Old 10-28-2005, 12:33 AM   #954
Udukhaturz
Shadow Lord of Morgul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valandil
If the Nazgul get what they want here - even if Gordis wins Valandil - there would be no line of Elendil in the North, no more descendants of Isildur... no Aragorn!
Would that be a loss?

Go, Gordis, go, go go! Our side is counting on you!
Old 10-28-2005, 12:34 AM   #955
Rían

Quote:
Originally Posted by Udukhaturz
Would that be a loss?
LOL!!!

Good one, Udu!

Old 10-28-2005, 01:41 AM   #956
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Location: Mirkwood, well actually I live in North-west Scania, Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Marion Magdalena
Mysteries are all very well, but it would be nice to have some hints about which of the human/elven characters are likely to come into contact with the animals and if so should we be expecting to need to write, friendly, neutral or hostile reactions. Such hints make balancing the AUness and the Nearer-to-Canon-ness easier. And surely we're allowed to be curious?

And of course he shouldn't take them out, they add much fun to the plot.
I'll try to post reactive posts when and where Tyaron shows up and interacts with the wolves.
Old 10-28-2005, 02:36 AM   #957
Serenoli
Head of the Department for the Invention and Propagation of Sugar, Spice and Everything Nice!

Oh dear, so many mistakes in one post!

Gordis, about the map disrepancies... I'm afraid I didn't understand the map very well. I didn't even realise that there was a park between the two buildings. I'm going to change my post again now, because now I see my whole description is wrong. And the link you gave for TharbCen1 is not working

Someone asked for clarification about the term 'hordes of elves'. That was just a colourful exagerration. I'm afraid Tolvadok is like Lily in the sense he can not stand elves. So the two elves in the home of the leader of the Nazguls was not only surprising, but also very distasteful to him.

Third problem, the taking off of the ring. This one has a simple solution, I'll just change that to a spell. But thanks for pointing it out.

Edit: I have changed my post so please read it again, everyone. There are quite a number of changes. Thanks again to all the mooters who have helped me in editing.

Join the Harry Potter discussion, click here

Last edited by Serenoli : 10-28-2005 at 03:15 AM.
Old 10-28-2005, 04:16 AM   #958
Telcontar_Dunedain
Warrior of the House of Hador

Sorry guys. I was posting in here but I lost internet connection which may happen again, but I will try and post.
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

The Silmarillion, Nirnaeth Arnoediad, Page 230
Old 10-28-2005, 04:25 AM   #959
Legolas_Bowking_Returns
Sapling

Thats ok i dont really care but im glad that you let us know
Old 10-28-2005, 04:49 AM   #960
Telcontar_Dunedain
Warrior of the House of Hador

Thanks Gor and Udu for posting for Khamûl. I'll PM you both with info on Khamûl so if while I'm away I can't get internet accessyou can post for him.
Udu, I hope my last post doesn't cantradict Udu's character. If so I'll be more than happy to edit.

EDIT: Can I just stress, what Khamûl said at the end of my post isn't true, he just wants the other three, especially Udu to believe it is, so his mind is firmly shieled.
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

The Silmarillion, Nirnaeth Arnoediad, Page 230

Last edited by Telcontar_Dunedain : 10-28-2005 at 04:57 AM.
Closed Thread