Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2007, 06:58 PM   #941
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

Looks like it already got the Duke S treatment!

Old 05-23-2007, 10:09 PM   #942
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

I'll tell ya what - I am no kiss-arse sycophantic slobbering idiot fool smarm-bobber, and I think we all pretty much know that, right? But I gotta interject here to defend Tessar because BB, I mean, come ON, man!!! He was JUST playin'!!!!

Honestly, *shakes head* unreal. Jesus H., he was just playin', baby. Mountain outta Molehill-itis, that's what you suffer from I think, when you're overtired & logging in to the sites, after one too many & it's too late at night... Tessar did NOT MEAN any harm BB, he was JUST playin'.

*sigh* O.K. just wanted to say all that for the record, and I love you BB, and that is all... Lotesse out...

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Old 05-23-2007, 10:11 PM   #943
trolls' bane
Entmoot Secretary of the Treasury

Quote:
Originally Posted by sisterandcousinandaunt
Two vents, actually.

First, where the heck IS hector? Don't make me stalk you, boy.

Second, according to today's paper I will have the honor of presiding over a MINIMUM 18 percent tax increase just decided by other people, not nearly enough of whom have been rounded up and tossed in the pokey. I am just about out of hats and rabbits on this one, and I honestly do not know what to tell people other than, "Show up at their offices with bag lunches and bike chains, and MAKE them give a bats behind about the impact on you!"

Unfortunately, I can't openly recommend that course while maintaining the fiction that I'm a responsible adult.

Sane? Need a sparring partner? Be a nice change to get my tuchis beat actually, as opposed to just in meetings.

Don't become political, children. Steal cars like honest folk.
Couldn't we start a war as a cover to stealing cars?
Old 05-23-2007, 10:13 PM   #944
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Stealing cars is bloody easy and kills no one, but war is complicated and hard and kills many, many people, why start a war when you could steal cars instead? Stealing cars is so easy, too. I - well, never mind... Stories for another place...

Old 05-23-2007, 10:30 PM   #945
trolls' bane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotesse
Stealing cars is bloody easy and kills no one, but war is complicated and hard and kills many, many people, why start a war when you could steal cars instead? Stealing cars is so easy, too. I - well, never mind... Stories for another place...
Oh? A cliffhangin' mind changer we have?
Old 05-23-2007, 10:49 PM   #946
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Well!! I have hung on cliffs, (ask Sane Shah!) and I have changed people's minds, and yes, I have changed my own mind before, as well, and lemme tell ya my beautiful friend, almost ain't nothing easier to do than to steal some half-wit's car, but war. Is hard. And ruins life. So, therefore, sucks. Bigtime.

Two evils, which is worse? War, or Car-Theft? WAR is worse. Theft is inconvenient, war is destruction of breath and beauty and life. BIG effin' difference...

Old 05-23-2007, 11:21 PM   #947
trolls' bane

Quote:
Well!! I have hung on cliffs, (ask Sane Shah!) and I have changed people's minds, and yes, I have changed my own mind before, as well, and lemme tell ya my beautiful friend, almost ain't nothing easier to do than to steal some half-wit's car, but war. Is hard. And ruins life. So, therefore, sucks. Bigtime.

Two evils, which is worse? War, or Car-Theft? WAR is worse. Theft is inconvenient, war is destruction of breath and beauty and life. BIG effin' difference...
I do not dispute.
Old 05-23-2007, 11:56 PM   #948
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Don't listen to me I've been drinking. I mean, drinking or dry I still hate war, but I love soldiers and courage and loyalty and stuff like that, and, and what else was I saying? Cars, something about cars? Oh, and I miss you, too, troll's Bane!! Miss you baby, yes, it's been a while, bello...How's Schrodinger's Cat? Still stuck in the middle?

Old 05-24-2007, 01:17 AM   #949
trolls' bane

Quote:
Don't listen to me I've been drinking. I mean, drinking or dry I still hate war, but I love soldiers and courage and loyalty and stuff like that, and, and what else was I saying? Cars, something about cars? Oh, and I miss you, too, troll's Bane!! Miss you baby, yes, it's been a while, bello...How's Schrodinger's Cat? Still stuck in the middle?
Oh, nonesense. The only contest I have to what your saying is that those things have been purged from existence for the most part, at least for the time being. (Not to say they don't exist, but are merely in short supply.) Hopefully all of that will change.

Stealing cars! Yes, one could make a living doing that. My neighbors sure do, or so we think. They seem to have a new car parked out front every day, and then usually eight or so at a time. They also appear to be stripped of anything of value...

I miss you too, Lotesse! It's been quite along time. Be sure you're around for the elections and all of my speeches!

Yes. Still both dead and alive. Must be one hell of a target for a bounty hunter.
Old 05-24-2007, 06:58 PM   #950
klatukatt
Entmoot's Drunken Uncle

Quote:
WITH YOUR SHIELD OR ON IT!

Heghlu'meH QaQ jajvam !!!!!
Yes, today IS a good day today.
Old 05-24-2007, 10:56 PM   #951
sisterandcousinandaunt
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by klatukatt
Yes, today IS a good day today.
majQa'

I have another vent.

It's no fun to steal a scene if it's just lying around unguarded. Takes all the sport out of it.

Cool. I want one.

TMNT

No, I'm not emo. I just have a really poor sense of direction. (Thanks to katya for this quote)

This is the best news story EVER!
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26087293/

“Often my haste is a mistake, but I live with the consequences without complaint.”...John McCain

"I shall go back. And I shall find that therapist. And I shall whack her upside her head with my blanket full of rocks." ...Louisa May
Old 05-24-2007, 11:12 PM   #952
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Count Comfect
Damn birds! Too cute for their own good!

Actually, I do have a bird-vent. There were 11 tiny ducklings waddling around our college quad, but they had to be removed so they wouldn't die of thirst. Sad not to see their cuteness anymore though
O.K., Count? So, this one has been bugging me in the subconscious for the last coupla days, since you wrote this. So, you're saying eleven baby ducks were actually dying of thirst, and were waddling around campus, by themselves, with no duck mama? Help me understand!! I have been worried about the Dillema of the Ducklings since you posted this... So, your campus is U Dub? They were in the quad, how'd they get there, oh it's driving me bananas...

Old 05-24-2007, 11:59 PM   #953
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

and another thing!! I miss Anduril, Bombadillo and Cap'n Farimir. I've seen the Captain somewhat recently, but Bomb? it's been ages and Anduril?? Fuggedaboutit, it's been over a year.

Old 05-26-2007, 07:26 AM   #954
sisterandcousinandaunt
Elf Lord

Vent.

When my friend replieth not on email for 3-4 days of group conversation and then mails everyone to say, 'I had a lot in my inbox, so I deleted it all without reading, let me know if there was anything interesting/important.' I just leave her out of the conversation. If you don't want to hear what your friends have to say, buy a magazine. I ain't reader's digest.

What makes people think they're so #%@& important? I mean it's one thing if your computer dies, or you suddenly get writing that term paper 15 hours before it's due. Things come up. So skim.

But don't tell me, "The stuff you chose to share with me didn't merit my attention." and think I'm going to just nod and ask where you exited your train of thought.

Cool. I want one.

TMNT

No, I'm not emo. I just have a really poor sense of direction. (Thanks to katya for this quote)

“Often my haste is a mistake, but I live with the consequences without complaint.”...John McCain

"I shall go back. And I shall find that therapist. And I shall whack her upside her head with my blanket full of rocks." ...Louisa May
Old 05-26-2007, 10:51 AM   #955
Count Comfect
Word Santa Claus

Quote:
O.K., Count? So, this one has been bugging me in the subconscious for the last coupla days, since you wrote this. So, you're saying eleven baby ducks were actually dying of thirst, and were waddling around campus, by themselves, with no duck mama? Help me understand!! I have been worried about the Dillema of the Ducklings since you posted this... So, your campus is U Dub? They were in the quad, how'd they get there, oh it's driving me bananas...
I'm abroad in England at the moment, so my college is St Edmund Hall, Oxford, which has a smaller quad. There were a male and female duck being fed water by the barkeeper in the college bar, and they had ducklings. They had a mother and father, but the barkeeper wasn't going to be able to feed 13 ducks in place of 2, so we exported them all to the local river, lest they should die. I believe they are all well now
Old 05-26-2007, 04:37 PM   #956
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Today I had a sore throat, and I thought, "Oh, crap. I over did it again, because my voice is opening up, but I pushed at it too hard and did too much. Now I'll have to break for several days, and I'll lose all of the progress I've made lately."

This has happened countless times to me. At least ten or so. I'll have my voice -really- open up, and then suddenly I'll get hit with a sore throat that I've assumed was from bad technique, and have to rest my voice for several days. For me, unlike some people, even losing a few days of using my voice can set me back weeks.

So I hopped in the shower and tried some really gentle vocal warm ups, which usually doesn't really work. But something clicked, and I did them and -boom-. My voice opened right up after about 45 minutes... as opposed to the usual 15 or so minutes it takes for my voice to start feeling open.

So basically I've been letting myself get set back over, and over, and over again and going through depression thinking that I had bad technique WHEN IT'S JUST ALLERGIES AND NEEDING MORE WARM UP TIME.

On the one hand, I'm glad that I know, now. But on the other hand... ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH!!!!!!! When I think of all of the potential progress, and time I've been losing... omg.

I have four years to train my voice, and then it has to at least be good enough for advanced training under a master singer if I want to get anywhere. I can NOT afford set-backs of this size... but at least it wont happen again.

Last edited by Tessar : 05-26-2007 at 04:39 PM.
Old 05-28-2007, 12:09 AM   #957
klatukatt
Entmoot's Drunken Uncle

Ah yes, the allergies of DOOOOM!

Sneezing whilst driving is not beneficial.
Old 06-05-2007, 03:31 PM   #958
sisterandcousinandaunt
Elf Lord

I'm venting about my own personality failing.

I was moving stuff, cleaning and ran across something that was once the source of some annoyance to me. And BOOOOM! suddenly I'm completely ENRAGED again.

Now, why can't I find stuff that makes you go 'awww' and have the same totality of experience? at me. Like, here's a ladder, kwim? *shakes head*

Cool. I want one.

TMNT

Old 06-05-2007, 07:15 PM   #959
trolls' bane

Quote:
I'm venting about my own personality failing.

I was moving stuff, cleaning and ran across something that was once the source of some annoyance to me. And BOOOOM! suddenly I'm completely ENRAGED again.

Now, why can't I find stuff that makes you go 'awww' and have the same totality of experience? at me. Like, here's a ladder, kwim? *shakes head*
Hmm?
That's odd...
Although perhaps only because I don't quite understand what you said.
Old 06-06-2007, 03:40 AM   #960
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

seems like it was only lil' o' me -but entmoot hasn't worked the last two days - till this morn. Anyone else experienced any dificulties?
Closed Thread