Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 03:45 PM   #941
Meriadoc Brandybuck
Magnificent Master of Buckland

Congrats to Obama.
He dang well better be good.

Yay for Prop 8! *runs away*

Is there anything I can do that wouldn't inconvenience me?.-Adrian Monk

Hogan: What's a definate factor that we can count on?
Newkirk: We don't know what we're doing.

Do you wanna split a pineapple? -Shawn Spencer
Old 11-05-2008, 03:50 PM   #942
Curufin
The Ñoldóran

Hello, link! I have to go to work in three hours (bah) but it's a short night, and I'm in a pretty good mood, so it's okay.

~The Lay of Leithian
Old 11-05-2008, 03:53 PM   #943
klatukatt
Entmoot's Drunken Uncle

We aggreed in my house that McCain would have been better in 2000. Stupid Carl Rove.
Old 11-05-2008, 03:56 PM   #944
Mari
Elf Lady

Hmmm. My groupmates.... do NOT know how to reference and which sources not to use.
I mean: Wikipedia!?

...The Earth laughs in flowers ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson, "Hamatreya"...
Old 11-05-2008, 04:11 PM   #945
klatukatt
Entmoot's Drunken Uncle

*sings*
Oh Wiki you're so fine
I check your entries all the time.
Hey Wiki! *clap-clap clap-clap*
Old 11-05-2008, 04:59 PM   #946
Mari
Elf Lady

*goes out to the range to shoot at targets that look awfully much like her groupmates*

Old 11-05-2008, 05:02 PM   #947
Midge
Faithful Gardener

Quote:
Originally Posted by klatukatt View Post
Did anyone here vote for McCain? It is very possible after all. We have several Republicans on this board.
I did. I didn't exactly not mention it, but much like Rian's way of thinking, I don't publicize it too much, and I don't say things when people talk about how great Obama is. I just ignore it, though for a tiny second, there's a voice that pops up and says, "Argue! Argue! You KNOW you want to!" and I tell it to shut up. And not just here on the 'Moot, either. Like... in real life also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sisterandcousinandaunt View Post
I'm crying so hard.
There were a LOT of people crying last night. Not that I'm trying to belittle your apparently very strong and passionate emotions, but I think that's a little over the top. It's not like Obama's going to change the world. He's in a position of power for the next four years, eight at most. I know that if McCain had been elected, I wouldn't have cried. Been very relieved (and surprised!), but not cried.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf View Post
*The Partying Monster sets up a Kareoki machine for all the 'Mooters to party with. And then the Cooking and Drinks & Shots Monsters see to it that everybody is well drinked and fooded.*
Karaoke. Just for future reference, if you care.

Quote:
Originally Posted by klatukatt View Post
*sings*
Oh Wiki you're so fine
I check your entries all the time.
Have you guys ever heard of "Uncyclopedia"? It's a parody of Wikipedia. Mari, just be glad that your groupmates aren't using THAT as a source!

Click on the "Random Page" button on the Uncyclopedia homepage and see what you get. I can't speak for everything... but some of it is pretty funny!
Psalm 56:11

"Starbuck, what do you hear?"
"Nothin' but the rain, sir!"
"Then grab your gun and bring in the cat."

Make sure to check out the C.S. Lewis forum. Game threads, movie and book discussions and more!

Old 11-05-2008, 05:13 PM   #948
Mari
Elf Lady

I DON'T NEED THEM TO BE FUNNY I NEED THEM TO ACTUALLY THINK!!! *ahem*
Sorry. Glad to get that out of my system though, the frustrations are just getting very high at the moment.
Can I get a hug?

Old 11-05-2008, 05:15 PM   #949
Midge
Faithful Gardener

*hug*

Here, have another on me!

*hug*
Psalm 56:11

"Starbuck, what do you hear?"
"Nothin' but the rain, sir!"
"Then grab your gun and bring in the cat."

Make sure to check out the C.S. Lewis forum. Game threads, movie and book discussions and more!

Old 11-05-2008, 05:18 PM   #950
shesabrandybuck
Hero of Hyrule

I want to join the hugging!
*hugs*
And many miles be still to go,
But under a tree I will lie,
And let the clouds go sailing by.

twitter
Old 11-05-2008, 05:27 PM   #951
sisterandcousinandaunt
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midge View Post
There were a LOT of people crying last night. Not that I'm trying to belittle your apparently very strong and passionate emotions, but I think that's a little over the top. It's not like Obama's going to change the world. He's in a position of power for the next four years, eight at most. I know that if McCain had been elected, I wouldn't have cried. Been very relieved (and surprised!), but not cried.
I'm not crying for Obama. I'm crying for the people whose dreams he carries. Including mine, probably, but mostly the people I've worked with and talked to, and they've been so impressive.

I've said elsewhere, I've worked on a lot of campaigns. This one has been special, because so many people have brought so much of themselves to it. I live in a place with a tangled and ambivalent racial history, some of which I've lived through. This election exposed a lot of the residue of that, and people have been sincere in a way that ordinary life doesn't usually include. When you spend any time with that, it's a bonding experience. People have talked about Barack Obama as a transformative politician. That's very unusual, partly because people like that don't often choose politics as a lifework.

If I, personally, have a dream that Obama carries, it's the dream of "a more perfect union". The Republicans in the last 20 years have totally turned their backs on that, and chosen a red/blue divide that hurts me. Obama's win gives me hope that my beloved country will choose to be a more perfect union. That's worth crying about, Midge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari View Post
Sorry. Glad to get that out of my system though, the frustrations are just getting very high at the moment.
Can I get a hug?
(((((((((HUGS))))))))))

Cool. I want one.

TMNT

No, I'm not emo. I just have a really poor sense of direction. (Thanks to katya for this quote)

This is the best news story EVER!
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26087293/

“Often my haste is a mistake, but I live with the consequences without complaint.”...John McCain

"I shall go back. And I shall find that therapist. And I shall whack her upside her head with my blanket full of rocks." ...Louisa May
Old 11-05-2008, 05:29 PM   #952
Mari
Elf Lady

*sniff sniff*
Thanks guys. You're the best

*whacks the Rule and uses it for some frustration-relief*

Old 11-05-2008, 06:09 PM   #953
Mari
Elf Lady

G'night! I'm going to sleep and relax, sleep and relax, sleep and relax. Group-discussion again tomorrow and deadline tomorrow at noon... sleep and relax, sleep and relax, just keep breathing...

Old 11-05-2008, 06:20 PM   #954
Willow Oran
Deus Ex Machina

Quote:
It's not like Obama's going to change the world.
He already has.

Tea, anyone? I've got a super-smooth english breakfast blend here, and biscuits topped with Katt's home made jam. Yum.
Tough Guide To FantasyLand

...it's not much of a show if somebody doesn't suffer, and preferably at length. Suffering is beautiful in any case, and so is anguish; but as for loathing, and bitterness... I don't think they belong on the stage at all.

- Isabella, I Gelosi
Old 11-05-2008, 07:52 PM   #955
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Arg. I partied a little too hardy. I volunteered for Obama, worked for Jim McDermott, Volunteered for Darcy Burner, John Burbank and Gov. Gregoire. I had a BUNCH of parties to attend. It was awesome. I was hollering so hard last night I lost my voice. It was crazy, then I was cut loose when they retired for the night and went to a bunch of private parties.

I sound like a texan mouse. Got a drunken-hungover drawl and no real voice to speak with. I'm feelin sublime, now, the work has just begun. Heh, I need to sleep, haven't slept yet.

Real shame about California and Prop 8 though. God damn Mormons have their own state to screw with, keep their damn paws and money and wacky ass beliefs out of California. And everywhere else for that matter. I was watching that like a hawk with McDermott's group, they were handing out millions to back Prop 8. Oh well, wait 2 years and it'll be overthrown I figure.
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.

Last edited by The last sane person : 11-05-2008 at 07:55 PM. Reason: Sleep deprived spelling is evil
Old 11-05-2008, 07:58 PM   #956
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari View Post
Can I get a hug?
Awww... *hugs*

I remember back in college during one of the team work projects a friend of mine had a real slacker in the group she had to lead. For example, when they agreed to meet at nine in the cafeteria to work on the project, he'd come in at eleven. So they took to telling him they would meet at eight and then he'd come around ten, with which they could work.

Now my friend is a very assertive and loud person, almost to the point of being scary when all you can say in reply is 'yes m'am, certainly m'am' So on the day he had to hand in his share of the work, he had his mother (This guy was over 20 at the time) mail the others of his group that he had had an accident with his motorcycle and couldn't possibly hand his part in. Never mind he could have sent his part over the internet just as easily.

So most of his group figured he probably hadn't even gotten around to it, and that he had simply set the whole thing up so he wouldn't have to face his team mates and my assertive friend about it. When he came back to school a week later, after the project had to be finished (his team mates ended up doing his part as well) he showed up with a white neck brace which he wore for two weeks. We still suspect he went that far only to cover his own failings up.

He ended up being one of the only three that failed that year. Unsurprisingly he didn't managed to hand in his own thesis on time.
Old 11-05-2008, 08:08 PM   #957
klatukatt
Entmoot's Drunken Uncle

OMGyum

Pumpkin Cheesecake. I'm just eating and eating and eating and eating.
Old 11-05-2008, 08:45 PM   #958
sisterandcousinandaunt
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by The last sane person View Post
Arg. I partied a little too hardy. I volunteered for Obama, worked for Jim McDermott, Volunteered for Darcy Burner, John Burbank and Gov. Gregoire. I had a BUNCH of parties to attend. It was awesome. I was hollering so hard last night I lost my voice. It was crazy, then I was cut loose when they retired for the night and went to a bunch of private parties.

I sound like a texan mouse. Got a drunken-hungover drawl and no real voice to speak with. I'm feelin sublime, now, the work has just begun. Heh, I need to sleep, haven't slept yet.

Real shame about California and Prop 8 though. God damn Mormons have their own state to screw with, keep their damn paws and money and wacky ass beliefs out of California. And everywhere else for that matter. I was watching that like a hawk with McDermott's group, they were handing out millions to back Prop 8. Oh well, wait 2 years and it'll be overthrown I figure.
I'm liking the court challenge to it.
We'll see.

Cool. I want one.

TMNT

No, I'm not emo. I just have a really poor sense of direction. (Thanks to katya for this quote)

“Often my haste is a mistake, but I live with the consequences without complaint.”...John McCain

"I shall go back. And I shall find that therapist. And I shall whack her upside her head with my blanket full of rocks." ...Louisa May
Old 11-05-2008, 08:48 PM   #959
Gwaimir Windgem
Dread Mothy Lord and Halfwitted Apprentice Loremaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willow Oran View Post
Tea, anyone? I've got a super-smooth english breakfast blend here, and biscuits topped with Katt's home made jam. Yum.
Really? I've never had a smooth English or Irish Breakfast.

*suspicious*

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Old 11-05-2008, 09:16 PM   #960
sisterandcousinandaunt
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwaimir Windgem View Post
Really? I've never had a smooth English or Irish Breakfast.

*suspicious*
You have to leave the beans off the toast.

Cool. I want one.

TMNT

Closed Thread