Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2004, 01:58 PM   #921
Radagast The Brown
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally posted by Fat middle
Now, seriously, the first debate will begin today or tomorrow. When Tessar decides (he'll moderate it). But there will be more debates and this one will last for several days, so I don't think it's a problem if Jonathan begins a bit later.
Why Tessar moderates it? I have no problem with Tessar the person, but he has already stated he supports SGH, and therefore it would be a bit unfair... depends of course - what would be the moderator of the Entmoot Elections jobs.

And, I can't see why Ruinel can't post instead of Jonathan in the campaign thread. She's the VP after all, so when the President is on vacation she suppose to be president for a while instead of him, if elected, right? (if you understand me....)
Old 02-26-2004, 02:15 PM   #922
Fat middle
Mootis per forum
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Radagast The Brown
Why Tessar moderates it? I have no problem with Tessar the person, but he has already stated he supports SGH, and therefore it would be a bit unfair... depends of course - what would be the moderator of the Entmoot Elections jobs.

And, I can't see why Ruinel can't post instead of Jonathan in the campaign thread. She's the VP after all, so when the President is on vacation she suppose to be president for a while instead of him, if elected, right? (if you understand me....)
Yes, I understand you. But she's not the VP. She'll be the VP if Jonathan wins the election. But, anyway, the debate is not for VPs it's for candidates to President, and Ruinel is not.
Old 02-26-2004, 06:24 PM   #923
Bombadillo
"The Bomb"

Hey Fat Middle, I don't understand something. Can I [i]either[/] vote or PM you, subject to punishment if I do both? And maybe Tessar would know better, but is the poll supposed to say "What would you do if you saw some one with a 'Bored of the Rings' book?"? What I'm I supposed to be voting for again?

Old 02-26-2004, 06:32 PM   #924
jerseydevil
I am Freddie/UNDERCOVER/ Founder of The Great Continent of Entmoot

Quote:
Yes, I understand you. But she's not the VP. She'll be the VP if Jonathan wins the election. But, anyway, the debate is not for VPs it's for candidates to President, and Ruinel is not.
I agree. Also - Jonathan will be back on Sunday. I think everyone can wait until Monday for Jonathan to come online. He should state how he feels about things - people shouldn't be speaking for him.

Jonathan for President.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

Memorial to the Twin Towers
New Jersey Map
Fellowship of the Messageboard
Legend of the Jersey Devil
Support New Jersey's Liberty Tower
Peacefire.org

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 02-26-2004, 06:42 PM   #925
Maedhros
The Tall

Quote:
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeekkkkk.
I guess that people should be happy that she is not running for President.
I wonder if Jonathan wins if her VP would still insult people if they disagree with their ideas.

SGH, I really hope that you win. Not only is she nice to other people, but she and Fat middle had the idea to create a sub-fora for the Silmarillion Project.
2. Of or relating to North or South America, the West Indies, or the Western Hemisphere.
As a noun American is:
A native or inhabitant of America.
A citizen of the United States.

Then the boy asked, “What is America then?”, and the wise man looked at the dictionary again:
1. The United States.
2. also the A·mer·i·cas. The landmasses and islands of North America, Central America, and South America.

Confused, the boy asked, “Does the term american refers solely to a us citizen or to any person in North, Central or South America?”
The wise man replied: “What do you think?”, and the boy answered: “It is clear to me that while the term american is used to refers to us citizens, one can also use it to refer to any person who is from that continent too,” the boy thought for a while and asked the wise man, “Am I right?”, and he replied: “But of course.”
The boy wondered, why is it that some people refuse to acknowledge the fact that the term american refers not only to US citizens but to anyone of the American continent?, but then sadly, the boy understood, that it is the calamity of ignorance.
Old 02-26-2004, 07:38 PM   #926
Ruinel
Banned

Quote:
I can feel the panic behind that post

A President should be always ready for mooting!

Now, seriously, the first debate will begin today or tomorrow. When Tessar decides (he'll moderate it). But there will be more debates and this one will last for several days, so I don't think it's a problem if Jonathan begins a bit later.
Ok... good.

I actually agree with what JD said about Jonathan speaking for himself. I shouldn't be debating for him.

BTW... will we have a debate for the VPs?

Last edited by Ruinel : 02-26-2004 at 07:43 PM.
Old 02-26-2004, 07:42 PM   #927
Ruinel
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Maedhros
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeekkkkk.
I guess that people should be happy that she is not running for President.
I wonder if Jonathan wins if her VP would still insult people if they disagree with their ideas.
Just curious, but do you have to be a pansy all of the time? Or does your pansy contract allow you to give it a break. This might be one of those times, if it's allowed.

Also... that should be... "I wonder if Jonathan wins if HIS VP would still...blablabla...." Jonathan is a "HE".

EDIT: BTW, Maedhros... just remember who attacked who here. You don't come to this forum for quite some time and now only to insult me? I've stayed clear of you for quite some time, even to the point of refraining from posting in the Sil Forum, my all time favorite book . I think you should give me the same courtesy.

Last edited by Ruinel : 02-26-2004 at 08:32 PM.
Old 02-26-2004, 07:43 PM   #928
Falagar
Death of Mooters and [Entmoot] Internal Affairs

Nurvingiel, Hector and myself are going to reorganize our campaigns. As it looks now, only one of us will be running for the presidency.
Old 02-26-2004, 09:12 PM   #929
HOBBIT
Saviour of Entmoot Admiral

Quote:
Originally posted by Ruinel
Ok... good.

I actually agree with what JD said about Jonathan speaking for himself. I shouldn't be debating for him.

BTW... will we have a debate for the VPs?
The election is for the Presidents. All candidates don't even need a running mate - they can simply pick a VP if they wish once elected.

I don't really see a point for a VP debate, since it isn't really that important.

"I'm up to here with cool, ok? I'm so amazingly cool you could keep a side of meat in me for a month. I am so hip I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis" - Zaphod Beeblebrox

Latest Blog Post: Just Quit Facebook? No One Cares!
Old 02-26-2004, 09:23 PM   #930
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Quote:
Just curious, but do you have to be a pansy all of the time? Or does your pansy contract allow you to give it a break. This might be one of those times, if it's allowed.

Also... that should be... "I wonder if Jonathan wins if HIS VP would still...blablabla...." Jonathan is a "HE".

EDIT: BTW, Maedhros... just remember who attacked who here. You don't come to this forum for quite some time and now only to insult me? I've stayed clear of you for quite some time, even to the point of refraining from posting in the Sil Forum, my all time favorite book . I think you should give me the same courtesy.
Maedhros hardly ever comes to GMs and was only brought here to this thread by the board wide announcement probably. You're lashing out at him is probably not helpful to Jonathan's campaign.

"North away." he said: "to the swords, and the siege, and the walls of defence - that yet for a while in Beleriand rivers may run clean, leaves spring, and birds build their nests, ere Night comes."

Travel and Tourism Guide
Old 02-26-2004, 11:13 PM   #931
azalea
Long lost mooter

Quote:
Originally posted by Bombadillo
Hey Fat Middle, I don't understand something. Can I [i]either[/] vote or PM you, subject to punishment if I do both? And maybe Tessar would know better, but is the poll supposed to say "What would you do if you saw some one with a 'Bored of the Rings' book?"? What I'm I supposed to be voting for again?

Was your question answered when the technical probs were fixed?
------------------------------
Falagar, why?
Old 02-26-2004, 11:19 PM   #932
Ruinel
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Sister Golden Hair
Maedhros hardly ever comes to GMs and was only brought here to this thread by the board wide announcement probably. You're lashing out at him is probably not helpful to Jonathan's campaign.
And the first thing he posts is a personal attack on me? And you condone this? Why?

I'm just asking him to keep his distance from me since I've stayed quite clear of him, like I said... even to the point where I've completely stayed out of The Sil forum. And, as you are already aware, The Sil is my favorite book. That's quite a sacrifice I made for harmony. I'm only asking that if he comes here to GM, that he refrains from personally attacking me.

EDIT: If he's going to be allowed to attack me all over the 'Moot.. then maybe I should leave.

Last edited by Ruinel : 02-26-2004 at 11:39 PM.
Old 02-26-2004, 11:22 PM   #933
Ruinel
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by HOBBIT
The election is for the Presidents. All candidates don't even need a running mate - they can simply pick a VP if they wish once elected.

I don't really see a point for a VP debate, since it isn't really that important.
Hmmm... maybe I should have run for Pres like I originally planned.
Old 02-26-2004, 11:49 PM   #934
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

I am impartial in my questions. I expect SGH to have just as hard, or easy, a time as every one else answering them.

Heck I haven't even talked with her in forever .
Old 02-27-2004, 12:13 AM   #935
Ruinel
Banned

Ok... I've come to the conclusion that SGH and Maedhros will be using me against Jonathan . I will consider withdrawing as his VP when he returns on Sunday. But I think I should talk to Jonathan first.

Kinda odd, don't you think? JD withdrew because people were using him to sway people against Jonathan... now the same is happening with me as his VP. Yet, no one can say anything against Jon. Why? Because actually, he's a pretty nice guy (despite the corruption of the One Thong ). He's smart, cordial, and diplomatic. He'd make a great pres. And since I'm not running... my vote goes to him. And anyone who would have voted for Jonathan because I was running as his VP, you should give your votes to Jon.
Old 02-27-2004, 12:21 AM   #936
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Quote:
Ok... I've come to the conclusion that SGH and Maedhros will be using me against Jonathan . I will consider withdrawing as his VP when he returns on Sunday. But I think I should talk to Jonathan first.
I don't think Maedhros is involved here, but, I am not useing you for anything. If you wish to withdraw, that is your choice. It isn't that serious. The election is for fun. Quit being so sensitive.

"North away." he said: "to the swords, and the siege, and the walls of defence - that yet for a while in Beleriand rivers may run clean, leaves spring, and birds build their nests, ere Night comes."

Travel and Tourism Guide
Old 02-27-2004, 12:37 AM   #937
Ruinel
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Sister Golden Hair
I don't think Maedhros is involved here, but, I am not useing you for anything. If you wish to withdraw, that is your choice. It isn't that serious. The election is for fun. Quit being so sensitive.
I noticed you didn't answer my question about why you would condone his misbehavior. tisk tisk... I would think that your admin duties come first, before anything else.
Old 02-27-2004, 12:43 AM   #938
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Quote:
I noticed you didn't answer my question about why you would condone his misbehavior. tisk tisk... I would think that your admin duties come first, before anything else.
You have a PM. It would not be advisable to continue this discussion in open forum.

Travel and Tourism Guide
Old 02-27-2004, 01:50 AM   #939
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Hmmm... favouritism. Just want I want in a presidential campaign.
Old 02-27-2004, 06:23 AM   #940
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by BeardofPants
Hmmm... favouritism. Just want I want in a presidential campaign.
Funny isn't it? How we can't escape from the way elections go in the world outside the internet?