Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 11:30 AM   #901
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Location: Mirkwood, well actually I live in North-west Scania, Sweden
"And we're back on M.O.O.T. 102,2 with the Moots playing this Robert Burns song especially for Katya..."

AE fond kiss, and then we sever;
Ae fareweel, alas, for ever!
Deep in heart-wrung tears I'll pledge thee,
Warring sighs and groans I'll wage thee!

Who shall say that Fortune grieves him
While the star of hope she leaves him?
Me, nae cheerfu' twinkle lights me,
Dark despair around benights me.

I'll ne'er blame my partial fancy;
Naething could resist my Nancy;
But to see her was to love her,
Love but her, and love for ever.

Had we never loved sae kindly,
Had we never loved sae blindly,
Never met—or never parted,
We had ne'er been broken-hearted.

Fare thee weel, thou first and fairest!
Fare thee weel, thou best and dearest!
Thine be ilka joy and treasure,
Peace, enjoyment, love, and pleasure!

Ae fond kiss, and then we sever!
Ae fareweel, alas, for ever!
Deep in heart-wrung tears I'll pledge thee,
Warring sighs and groans I'll wage thee

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ukq0_6j7dZM
Old 09-08-2009, 02:14 PM   #902
Amael
Elven Warrior

I don't know if 1000 posts counts as Hall of famer or not. What do I know? My appologies for mentioning the phrase "Hall of famer". Maybe it's 5000 posts, maybe 30 trillion, maybe a 10 with 1000 zeroes following it. Or perhaps a hall of famer is what everyone elsee is and I am not. Or perhaps the most obvious reality is that there is no Hall of famer spot.

Grey Wolf, never got to finish the Lyrd Trilogy. I appear to have forgotten since then. I'd disappeared and reappeared so many times since then and a lot's happened that it's hard to remember anything.
Old 09-08-2009, 02:20 PM   #903
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

then u can dld it and read it a leisure from my homepage.
Old 09-08-2009, 02:22 PM   #904
Amael
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf View Post
then u can dld it and read it a leisure from my homepage.
Thank you.
Old 09-08-2009, 02:42 PM   #905
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Yw Amael!
Old 09-08-2009, 02:59 PM   #906
Acalewia
Halfelven Daughter of the Dunedain, President of Entmoot

-flops down in her comfy chair-

hey guys

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Don't be such a sour wolf" Stiles ~ Heart Monitor

http://www.wattpad.com/user/IceQueenofMitera
Old 09-08-2009, 05:21 PM   #907
Ingwe
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amael View Post
I don't know if 1000 posts counts as Hall of famer or not. What do I know? My appologies for mentioning the phrase "Hall of famer". Maybe it's 5000 posts, maybe 30 trillion, maybe a 10 with 1000 zeroes following it. Or perhaps a hall of famer is what everyone elsee is and I am not. Or perhaps the most obvious reality is that there is no Hall of famer spot.
I believe Katya stated it out of curiosity, not out of any sort of negative criticism. If I was a moderator, I'd edit that one part of your post out, the part where you basically call yourself a hall of lamer. Control yourself please, my reputation around here is probably in some part tied to what you do here as well. At least make it seem as if you're getting better. If you think you're getting better than chances are you WILL get better. At least, that's what I do. As I told you many times, sometimes you have to B.S. yourself because it's the only way of making it come true. Don't B.S. yourself with the negative though, because you'll become exactly what you B.S. yourself to be, either way, for good or for evil. This is why people who declare themselves to be evil for long enough usually end up falling into the service of the Dark Lord. Be mindful of this - you are a little older than me. If I could get out of my quarrels you can as well. Not strong enough to? Think that you are strong anyway, and then you will be. It really is about that simple. It's almost a mathematical certainty.

By the way Grey Wolf, how do you come up with these poems and songs of tales long-past? They're pretty good! It'd take me hours to think up something like that!
Old 09-08-2009, 06:06 PM   #908
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingwe View Post
I believe Katya stated it out of curiosity, not out of any sort of negative criticism. If I was a moderator, I'd edit that one part of your post out, the part where you basically call yourself a hall of lamer.
I didn't really pick that up out of what she said .

Quote:
Control yourself please, my reputation around here is probably in some part tied to what you do here as well.
Neh, don't worry about it . Just because you are friends/neighbors/married/vaguely related/live on the same planet doesn't mean we'll associate any two people's behavior with each other unless both are acting the same way.
Old 09-08-2009, 08:09 PM   #909
shesabrandybuck
Hero of Hyrule

Quote:
Originally Posted by trolls' bane View Post
Link! You're two posts away. Congratulations!
Muchas gracias! It's been too long, how are you? I'm back from Hawaii, so get online sometime!

I can't believe it's my senior year, what the crap?! Hahaha
And many miles be still to go,
But under a tree I will lie,
And let the clouds go sailing by.

twitter
Old 09-08-2009, 09:32 PM   #910
katya
Elven Maiden

I wish you went to the high school here, Link, so I could be your substitute teacher someday.
Old 09-08-2009, 11:45 PM   #911
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingwe View Post

By the way Grey Wolf, how do you come up with these poems and songs of tales long-past? They're pretty good! It'd take me hours to think up something like that!

Thanks, Ingwe, friend.

I do it like this:

I chose a group or artist via a Lyrics site and then exchange some portion of the text with a name of mooter or something Mootish.

Then I look up the corresponding video on Youtube.
Old 09-09-2009, 03:06 AM   #912
Amael
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar View Post
I didn't really pick that up out of what she said .
Actually Ingwe's quite perceptive. It was exactly what I was saying. I've become a person of very low standing lately around here, about equal to the infamous link spammers some sites get. I say the dumbest things anyone's ever heard anyone say, things so stupid that it could give Albert Einstein an aneurysm if he was still alive!

Sorry that I'm being like this once again. Yet, I think that I've made fun of myself enough in one year to last a lifetime. I think it's time for someone else besides me to really let me have it, and literally throw the book at me.

Anyway, sorry I'm still being an ogre. But my perception of myself is somewhat based on what others think, and others I don't think feel very well on the subject of me, no, not so much at all.

Quote:
I believe Katya stated it out of curiosity, not out of any sort of negative criticism. If I was a moderator, I'd edit that one part of your post out, the part where you basically call yourself a hall of lamer. Control yourself please, my reputation around here is probably in some part tied to what you do here as well. At least make it seem as if you're getting better. If you think you're getting better than chances are you WILL get better. At least, that's what I do. As I told you many times, sometimes you have to B.S. yourself because it's the only way of making it come true. Don't B.S. yourself with the negative though, because you'll become exactly what you B.S. yourself to be, either way, for good or for evil. This is why people who declare themselves to be evil for long enough usually end up falling into the service of the Dark Lord. Be mindful of this - you are a little older than me. If I could get out of my quarrels you can as well. Not strong enough to? Think that you are strong anyway, and then you will be. It really is about that simple. It's almost a mathematical certainty.
Either way, what I said was idiotic as usual. And don't worry. You have over 300 posts, most of them are productive. You don't have anything to worry about with your reputation if that's what you're worried about. I'll close my mouth with this issue, speaking of it only to you now, for who else would or should care?

I think it's time for a short exit, just for a bit, to regroup ...

Last edited by Amael : 09-09-2009 at 03:18 AM.
Old 09-09-2009, 04:50 AM   #913
Aikanáro
Chaotic Good

Amael, I don't think you're stupid at all, and I hope you're not going to leave. I wish you wouldn't be quite so hard on yourself, but if you feel that's what you need to say, please don't be worried about 'reputation' or anything. People here aren't horribly judgemental. For what it's worth I thought your original comment was a little self-deprecating, but not nearly enough to have deserved the reaction it got.

I hope you'll stick around. You'll be missed if you don't (and I'll especially miss the PM conversation! Proof enough to me that you're not 'dumb' in the slightest. )

Old 09-09-2009, 05:42 AM   #914
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Quote:
Anyway, sorry I'm still being an ogre. But my perception of myself is somewhat based on what others think, and others I don't think feel very well on the subject of me, no, not so much at all.
Hey, hey sweetheart, give us a bit more credit, okay? We're not a judgmental elite lot, we wouldn't last that way, considering the diverse group of people on the Entmoot. Seriously, you don't have to worry about having a bad reputation here, because you don't. Trust me, I would know if otherwise.

Here, have a cup of virtual tea to cheer up. I'm sure we have chocolate-flavoured cookies around here too. One can never have enough cookies.
Old 09-09-2009, 06:13 AM   #915
Amael
Elven Warrior

I had a few cups of tea, actually. Helped quite well, went well with pills. LOL!

Honestly, all this time the kids have really driven me nuts. I stay up nearly 60% of the night, get minimal sleep through it all, it's been a trying year to say the least. Average night of sleep is oh, about 3 and a half hours.

I assume the judgmental position on everything because I've ... dealt with some things like that not all too long ago, and it was all in response to the most minimal issues imaginable. It seems that I fell into withdrawal from everyone even further. It's almost sort of like a Goth thing, except I don't dress all in black much, but I act like I do.

Ah, hopefully the nights get easier and the kids start calming themselves during the night. Coffee, tea, wanting to do something else, thinking about what else to do to keep awake during those times. It's all in a night's work. I could let 'Ingwe' handle some of it which he does at times, but he has to work and I insist that I have to do it. He's handled it much of the time and hasn't faltered. I gotta give him credit. Good thing that when he said he'd be there when I needed him, he always was.

Right now I'm watching some Youtube videos, it keeps me thinking, keeps me busy, in between checking on the kids. Breakfast will be minimal, so much the better. I don't like big breakfasts really. I don't like eating any big meals. There's way too much food in this country to begin with, way too much, enough that one single state could provide all the undeveloped world with enough food to feed the hungry off of just all the excess food one state would have and all that goes to waste. Just another problem with the country I think needs to be offset. The offset would end up being ... "tax them!" They taxed tobacco to try to get people to quit smoking and it's not really helped. If they tax people by how much they eat, there will be some big political debate over 'profiling' people so nothing can be done in that way. Ya I went on about this too much. I'm way too much into politics. Way too much.

Thanks folks for understanding, though there are times people must be judged. I guess one good thing for sure is that I haven't done any swearing or 'trolling' or necroposting, although I kinda find necroposting to be funny mainly because it's a funny word! I revived a two year old topic on 'Ingwe's' old site and somebody was like, necroposter, necroposter! It was so funny! Mainly because I was an administrator. Which reminds me, time for me to necropost on his new site, but the oldest thing to necropost on would be a topic that's 5 months old. Hmmph. That might not qualify as raising the dead topics because no topic is old enough to yet be dead!

I'll try to stick around, because otherwise, what else would I do on the internets? I'd have to start making troll comments on Youtube, attacking people for using bad-quality web cams or attack them because their voices sound funny. No, I don't do that stuff. But I only go to a few sites these days. I don't have any research to do, so I don't need to go to Wikipedia. And when I was in college there was no Wikipedia that I knew of. When I was in college, soldiers were still using swords, bows, arrows, and catapults! But seriously, the internet was nothing then. Without coming here, there'd only be like two or three other sites I'd be going to. I check my E-mail once in a while, don't go to news sites much because I don't care for the media in general even if they claim over and over again to be the "ultimate unbiased news source." *Sigh* I'm way too jaded.
Old 09-09-2009, 08:39 AM   #916
katya
Elven Maiden

I feel the need to confirm that, yes, Ingwe was correct in assuming that I was just curious. I didn't know if there were people actually saying that 1000 post was special somehow or if it was just an unwritten sort of thing. And excited that either way, I have over 1000 so I'm in the club.

And Amael, we definitely don't hate you. And when people (myself included) get on your case about you being too hard on yourself, know that it's not because we're annoyed, but because we're worried. Please let go of those feelings. You won't be losing anything by it.
Old 09-09-2009, 08:41 AM   #917
Voronwen
Lady of Andúnië

Quote:
I guess one good thing for sure is that I haven't done any swearing or 'trolling' or necroposting, although I kinda find necroposting to be funny mainly because it's a funny word! I revived a two year old topic on 'Ingwe's' old site and somebody was like, necroposter, necroposter! It was so funny! Mainly because I was an administrator. Which reminds me, time for me to necropost on his new site, but the oldest thing to necropost on would be a topic that's 5 months old. Hmmph. That might not qualify as raising the dead topics because no topic is old enough to yet be dead!
Holy cow I've learned a new word today. I had no idea that reviving old topics was considered bad netiquette. I'd better stop!

It's just that all the good conversations happened long before i got here.
" ...But the Exiles on the shores of the sea, if they turned towards the West in the desire of their hearts, spoke of Mar-nu-Falmar that was whelmed in the waves, Akallabêth the Downfallen, Atalantë in the Eldarin tongue."

"Ye who believe in affection that hopes, and endures, and is patient,
Ye who believe in the beauty and strength of woman's devotion,
List to the mournful tradition still sung by the pines of the forest ... "

~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, Evangeline

Old 09-09-2009, 08:52 AM   #918
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voronwen View Post
Holy cow I've learned a new word today. I had no idea that reviving old topics was considered bad netiquette. I'd better stop!

It's just that all the good conversations happened long before i got here.
It may be considered bad form on other boards, but it is not so on the Entmoot, unless you really go overboard with it, of course. I hadn't even heard the concept 'necroposting' before.

So don't be afraid we'll look at you funny for reviving old threads, Voronwen. We all do it once in a while, and it seems like a shame sometimes, to let all those old (but still interesting!) threads languish in limbo, all forgotten. (Heck, I know a couple of threads, that I would love to see getting some more traffic, my old frog-threads for starters. Or the languages thread. Or...)
Old 09-09-2009, 08:55 AM   #919
Voronwen
Lady of Andúnië

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eärniel View Post
It may be considered bad form on other boards, but it is not so on the Entmoot, unless you really go overboard with it, of course. I hadn't even heard the concept 'necroposting' before.
I've never encountered any board where it's been considered a problem, actually, and i've been on the internet about as long as anyone has. Maybe this is a new concept in some places - it's surprising, but i can adapt.

Quote:
it seems like a shame sometimes, to let all those old (but still interesting!) threads languish in limbo, all forgotten.
It does, doesn't it?
" ...But the Exiles on the shores of the sea, if they turned towards the West in the desire of their hearts, spoke of Mar-nu-Falmar that was whelmed in the waves, Akallabêth the Downfallen, Atalantë in the Eldarin tongue."

"Ye who believe in affection that hopes, and endures, and is patient,
Ye who believe in the beauty and strength of woman's devotion,
List to the mournful tradition still sung by the pines of the forest ... "

~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, Evangeline

Old 09-09-2009, 09:24 AM   #920
katya
Elven Maiden

I'm just glad to see any activity at all. I hate it when I come back after a few hours and there are no bright green leaves waiting for me.
Closed Thread