Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2005, 06:03 PM   #901
trolls' bane
Entmoot Secretary of the Treasury

Ha! Mine doesn't translate from Russian. It would have been fool-proof if I had thought to use German or something else, because it doesn't translate back from Norwegian either.

I tried that when IMing Artanis a few days ago. It worked until I said I was using a translator, then she started "laughing" (LOLing) because my "translator makes funny sentences."
I've proven that to myself. I took someone's sig one here, tanslated it back and forth from English to Italian and back again several times, and it made no sense at all...very funny indeed.
Old 10-01-2005, 06:12 PM   #902
Linaewen
Fair Dinkum

I use Babel Fish or Free translation
Yes, generally those translators are appalling, even if you only want to get the gist of something. I don't think I've ever seen a translation that was actually a flawless English sentence, except maybe the really good Indonesian one I use.
Hehe, playing around with Babelfish. It doesn't translate 'weiß' as 'know', only 'white' so it keeps saying 'I white it not' for 'Ich weiß nicht'
Old 10-01-2005, 06:12 PM   #903
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by trolls' bane
Chess, anyone ?
[Darth Vader voice]Don't make me destroy you . . .[/Darth Vader voice]
If the world has indeed, as I have said, been built of sorrow, it has been built by the hands of love, because in no other way could the soul of man, for whom the world was made, reach the full stature of its perfection.

~Oscar Wilde, written from prison

Oscar Wilde's last words: "Either the wallpaper goes, or I do."
Old 10-01-2005, 06:37 PM   #904
trolls' bane

Is that a challenge?
Old 10-01-2005, 10:15 PM   #905
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

trolls' bane, what's with this obsession with chess!! How would you play chess with someone online anyway, preciousss? Is there an interactive chess-site one can link to?

Anybody want a snack? I just popped in 4 a minute or two, but it looks like I'm here when everyone else seems to be out. trolls' bane, you here? Look, I brought you something! And I brought Godiva chocolates for everybody; save some 4 Earniel in case she comes by because I know she'll want some.

A movie poster 4 trolls' bane:http://okladki-divx.neostrada.pl/cov...rs_attacks.jpg

Chocolates 4 everybody:

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Old 10-02-2005, 01:13 AM   #906
trolls' bane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotesse
trolls' bane, what's with this obsession with chess!! How would you play chess with someone online anyway, preciousss? Is there an interactive chess-site one can link to?

Anybody want a snack? I just popped in 4 a minute or two, but it looks like I'm here when everyone else seems to be out. trolls' bane, you here? Look, I brought you something! And I brought Godiva chocolates for everybody; save some 4 Earniel in case she comes by because I know she'll want some.

A movie poster 4 trolls' bane:http://okladki-divx.neostrada.pl/cov...rs_attacks.jpg

Chocolates 4 everybody:
Well, I'm not going to say that it's my theme movie, nor that I like that one much, but I guess the ray-guns are like they are in real life .

I'm not obsessed with chess! I just want to play! Okay fine, anyone want to play Blackjack? Checkers? Well, that's all I know how to play.
Yes, there is an interactive chess-thing. It's unfortuneately called yahoo games.
Old 10-02-2005, 01:44 PM   #907
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Good Sunday 2 you all this morning! I found this beautiful painting when I was googling "wraith," and I wanted to show you guys 'cause it's so interesting...

Old 10-02-2005, 01:55 PM   #908
littleadanel
of the House of Bëor

*gasp* That is an awesome pic!

Sadly, Sunday here is drawing to an end

And I just can't understand why, but a sea-longing is upon me Maybe because I found holiday pics while I was putting things away this morning. Aww. How I loved Bulgaria when we spent a week there in the summer of '04. And Croatia in '03. How I enjoyed the sea...
Old 10-02-2005, 02:16 PM   #909
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Bulgaria - so that must have been the Black Sea. My boyfriend (and others I know who've been there or lived near there) says it is incomparably beautiful, the Black Sea beaches...

Old 10-02-2005, 02:24 PM   #910
trolls' bane

To hell with orthodox newspeak! Doublepluscool!
Old 10-02-2005, 02:29 PM   #911
Elemmírë
avocatus diaboli

What a gorgeous picture.

I need to get to Europe one of these days.

Neil Gaiman
Old 10-02-2005, 02:34 PM   #912
littleadanel
of the House of Bëor

Yeah, it was sooo beautiful thanx for the pic Lotesse.

Aww, how I loved to be there. We were in Varna, and Nesebar. Though it was raining for 3 days, and my bro & me were sick for 2 days, it was worth going there. (We just recovered by the time the sunny weather came back )
Old 10-02-2005, 02:38 PM   #913
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Hi, trolls' bane and Elemm*rë! and little adanel's here,too! You guys wanna help yourself to the Sunday brunch buffet I set up over on the Teacup patio, and have a soak in the hot tub if you feel like it, or a plunge in the pool; it's a gorgeous day in Entmootland today! Remember what the new Teacup patio looks like, the SkyBar redesign? I'm popping over to Tharbad 4 a few minutes, to write in some new stuff for my RPG - have a good one!

Old 10-02-2005, 02:59 PM   #914
littleadanel
of the House of Bëor

I really hoped it would be a great 'moot-day, it is cloudy and cold here So, I think I choose the pool! Whee! *jumps in*

Edit: I'll be off for a coupla minutes... my bro wants his computer. But dad will finish using the other one very soon (I hope). So I'll come back

Last edited by littleadanel : 10-02-2005 at 03:03 PM.
Old 10-02-2005, 05:09 PM   #915
Andúril
The Original Corruptor

Okay, pic time. Took these today/tonight:

F/8
30 sec
ISO-64

F/8
6 sec
ISO-100

F/8
0.5 sec
IS0-64
Old 10-02-2005, 05:17 PM   #916
littleadanel
of the House of Bëor

*gasp* great pics!

It's unlikely that I'll be capable of intelligent posting tonight... Time zones. *yaawn* So I'm off. See ya another day/night
Old 10-02-2005, 05:19 PM   #917
rohirrim TR
Friendly Neigborhood Sith Lord

dude, you are good, wish i was as good a photographer as you BTW you've probably been asked this but, what kind of camera do you have?
...Inspiration is a highly localized phenomenon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gaffer
It seems that as soon as "art" gets money and power (real or imagined), it becomes degenerate, derivative and worthless. A bit like religion.
Old 10-02-2005, 05:29 PM   #918
Andúril
The Original Corruptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohirrim TR
dude, you are good, wish i was as good a photographer as you BTW you've probably been asked this but, what kind of camera do you have?
Thanks. It's a Konica Minolta DiMAGE Z10. Nothing fancy at all, really. Not DSLR, no image stabilizer, only 3MP, etc etc. A relatively inexpensive camera, but great value.

Heh, I was out taking pics from 4pm until 9:30pm. Had to hike up a mountain to get to that waterfall, but there wasn't enough water and there was too much light. That beach was at the bottom of the mountain, so I went for another walk and ended up having Chinese while watching the sunset.
Old 10-02-2005, 07:32 PM   #919
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

You know what's kind of funny? Apparently, I was a judge in Grey Wolf's "So U think U can post" competition. Thank you Grey Wolf, for your confidence. Unfortunately, I only saw the thread seconds before the mighty padlock descended from the sky.
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Old 10-02-2005, 11:20 PM   #920
trolls' bane

Oh my god! It was closed!

Anduril, I say again, you should subscribe to a photography magazine and submit pictures. In fact, get a website! Freewebs is great for starting with! Of course, it has www.freewebs.com/site name (that's not a real site as far as I know ), but I think by subscribing to premium or getting a domain will get rid of the "freewebs." But I don't mind having the freewebs, just keep the site name short.
Here's the freewebs website: www.freewebs.com.
It has a picture uploader-thing, too. They are such a great server--I've lost count of my websites with them (they're all free--with premium, you don't get much more), but I forgot most of them anyway.
Closed Thread