Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2002, 04:39 PM   #901
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

p.s. - we encounter lots of gases when we go camping at high altitudes, but they aren't noble...

(I had forgotten all about that term!)

p.s. - dictionary call - wanker?? same as git?

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Old 09-20-2002, 05:35 PM   #902
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Sorry to burst your bubble RÃ*an, but EXK is to my knowledge very much a she. There is a picture of her with bow on one of the threads. Either the 'long expected sword thread' or the picture of me 'thread'. I don't remember anymore.

Tano, about the drawing stuff. I know exactly how you feel.

*Sigh* I had a rather bad day today, well not exactly a bad day but I'm in a really bad mood today, on the border of being depressed. I'm tired, down and I don't feel too well. Above that my sister is being an enormous pain, so much that I really, really wish I could give her another concussion. I've got to spend the weekend figuring out my lesson roster while I hoped I could have gotten away with it. Why does it always have to be so bloody complicated? It gives me a headache. And I know I don't even have a reason to be down, I've got only three days of school in a week and I managed to get my hands on Morgoth's ring. But sadly enough it doesn't seem to help, maybe I'm just too tired.

RÃ*an, as far as I know a wanker is somebody who whines and complains a lot. A bit like me actually.
Old 09-20-2002, 07:24 PM   #903
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Quote:
Originally posted by Eärniel
Sorry to burst your bubble RÃ*an, but EXK is to my knowledge very much a she. There is a picture of her with bow on one of the threads. Either the 'long expected sword thread' or the picture of me 'thread'. I don't remember anymore.
Darn, I knew I should have used a non-gender-specific pronoun, because I wasn't sure! (I thought "*strokes bow and arrows*" was a bit unusual for a guy, but it's easy to get passionate about archery! *runs off and kisses bow and arrows*)So sorry, EXK, I really thought I saw you refer to yourself with a masculine pronoun on one of your posts - so glad I got it straight now. GO FEMALE ARCHERS!
EG, you are a ... um ... oh drat, I'm afraid to say it now! *runs off to search threads*
I need to take notes on when people mention if they are M or F - I'm pretty new here, so I don't have people sorted out yet...
Quote:
another concussion

???? did you contribute to the previous one?
Quote:
I managed to get my hands on Morgoth's ring. But sadly enough it doesn't seem to help, maybe I'm just too tired.

Try to get some rest and then try it again - it's really nice! Hope to see you on the Athrabeth thread again.
Quote:
RÃ*an, as far as I know a wanker is somebody who whines and complains a lot. A bit like me actually.

*scribbles 'wanker' into Brit dictionary*

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Last edited by Rían : 09-20-2002 at 07:51 PM.
Old 09-20-2002, 07:52 PM   #904
Eruviel Greenleaf
Alcoholic Villain-Fancying Elf Pirate

I'm female, Rian. But everyone here usually thinks I'm a guy at first. I don't mind.

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found only a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse is superior to the world."
-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Old 09-20-2002, 07:54 PM   #905
Rían

OK, back from age/sex/location thread (wish I would have seen it earlier ) I was right about EG, but wrong about another person - will stick to non-genderish pronouns in the future when not sure!!! (This is the very first internet discussion board I've ever been on - I guess I'm still learning the ropes! ) Sorry again!

Old 09-20-2002, 07:58 PM   #906
Rían

Oh, hi EG - your post beat mine - yes, I thought you were female for the same reason I though EXK was a guy - thought I remembered you two using gender-specific personal pronouns. oh well *sigh* ... EXK, will you still translate slang for me?

Old 09-20-2002, 08:44 PM   #907
ArwenEvenstar
Elf Lord

1. hackers
2. homework
3. bruises and torn muscles
4. abusive(sp?) people

and a bunch more stuff
Old 09-20-2002, 10:18 PM   #908
TinuvielChild
Padawan

walking a mile and a half to go see Carmen on the Common, standing up for 2 hours to watch it, then walking a mile and a half back. Evil. Me tired, very tired. Certain people aren't online, which annoys the heck out of me, and I seem to have acquired a leech. She acts like a puppy dog and won't take No for an answer! I won't mention names, as she occasionally posts on Entmoot (once in a blue moon ). Grr.

Dance as though nobody's watching.
Sing as though nobody's listening.
Dream as though you'll live forever.
Live as though you'll die tomorrow.

EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMEDDCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO and proud!

FRODO LIVES!!!!!

Last edited by TinuvielChild : 09-21-2002 at 06:45 AM.
Old 09-21-2002, 12:52 AM   #909
Rûdhaglarien
Elven Warrior

My legs really fricken hurt... pointe class sucks... jazz competition is no more challenging than it was four years ago (or, is it just me)... only Erica, Pa, and myself at karate... homework... tree project... my doggerel... Julia... me... crying (I cry too much, even if it's not in front of anyone)... everything.

I just want everyone and everything to go away right now.
Old 09-21-2002, 03:35 AM   #910
BeardofPants
the Shrike

My bottom left gum was all engorged and painful - wisdom coming through - and I could hardly eat today, or yesterday, for that matter, and then about ten minutes ago it popped and I got a mouthful of blood, or pus. *sickened look* I hope it was blood. Now I feel all queasy.
Old 09-21-2002, 07:09 AM   #911
Sween
im quite stupid

All my friends are off bk to uni today starts to sing all by myself i dont want to be alllllllllllll byyyyyy myselfffffffffff
Old 09-21-2002, 07:18 AM   #912
sun-star
Lady of Letters

Quote:
This might just be my dirty-minded area of England, but round here it means something a bit stronger than that.

Quote:
scribbles 'wanker' into Brit dictionary*
And you certainly wouldn't find it in any nice, polite dictionaries
For centuries to come, when not a soul
Is left to picnic on the blazing rocks,
When England is not England, when mankind
Has blown himself to pieces. Still the sea,
Consolingly disastrous, will return
While the strange starfish, hugely magnified,
Waits in the jewelled basin of a pool.
Old 09-21-2002, 07:26 AM   #913
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Er. Wanker does not mean someone who complains and whines a lot. It refers to an activity which I will not get into here, and is used as a derogatory term, usually in reference to someone being an a-hole.

Ack. My gum is still leaking that gross substance, whatever that it is. Ugh. I think I'm gonna be sick....
Old 09-21-2002, 07:39 AM   #914
sun-star
Lady of Letters

Quote:
Er. Wanker does not mean someone who complains and whines a lot. It refers to an activity which I will not get into here, and is used as a derogatory term, usually in reference to someone being an a-hole.
Exactly. Glad to know it's not just me.
For centuries to come, when not a soul
Is left to picnic on the blazing rocks,
When England is not England, when mankind
Has blown himself to pieces. Still the sea,
Consolingly disastrous, will return
While the strange starfish, hugely magnified,
Waits in the jewelled basin of a pool.
Old 09-21-2002, 07:43 AM   #915
Artanis
Greatest Elven woman of Aman

Quote:
Agh! Is it that bad? If even you won't explain what wanker means, who else will?
Old 09-21-2002, 08:27 AM   #916
Sween
im quite stupid

i will . W*nker basically refers to masterbation. Its a kinda of insult come been nice if you are just wanting to mild have a go at someone in a joking term it works quite well.
Old 09-21-2002, 09:12 AM   #917
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Quote:
???? did you contribute to the previous one?
Er.... yes... but not on purpose. My bony elbow accidently came into collision with her head.

Quote:
It doesnt?! I've been had! *goes off to trash sister who assured me about the meaning of wanker and made me look like a total fool*

I hate making a fool out of myself.
Old 09-21-2002, 11:10 AM   #918
Rían

Thanks everyone for the clarification! *removes word from 'funny-and-acceptable-to-use' section of Brit dictionary, moves to 'would-rather-not-use' section* That's what happened with that other word that I picked up and later found out the full extent of its meaning - I just like to know what I'm really saying

Sorry, BoP, sounds really awful - have you seen a dentist? VENT:I HATE going to dentists! I avoided it for 8 years! I'm a total CHICKEN! But finally went last week - had to get a crown, too - now the tooth feels fine. Yuck - I think I would throw up if all of a sudden I got a mouthful of yucky stuff like that!

Eärniel - I think your elbow and your sister's head should get reacquainted (but just slightly ) after that trick... (or maybe she doesn't know, either??)

Last edited by Rían : 09-21-2002 at 11:13 AM.
Old 09-21-2002, 02:22 PM   #919
Comic Book Guy
Best Ex-Administrator ever

Keep this a pg-13 discussion.
Old 09-21-2002, 03:08 PM   #920
Elfmaster XK
Possessive Villain Fancier

Quote:
Originally posted by RÃ*an
Oh, hi EG - your post beat mine - yes, I thought you were female for the same reason I though EXK was a guy - thought I remembered you two using gender-specific personal pronouns. oh well *sigh* ... EXK, will you still translate slang for me?
Indeed i will! And no problem, people get confused about me at first, i think it's the elf MASTER part of the name. But no worries!

Quote:
I'm sticking with the above description since as CBG said this is a PG-13 board. And Rìan, scribble what you wrote out of that Brit dictionary! BoP, hope you feel better soon, teeth can be a right pain in the ass!

I hate being ill!!! And not having a sword! And hurting my finger!

My soul is painted like the wings of butterflies,
Fairytales of yesterday will grow but never die,
I can fly - my friends.

XK
Closed Thread