Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2005, 05:25 PM   #901
trolls' bane
Entmoot Secretary of the Treasury

Well, I'd like to say something about that, but due to the post-facto expansion of an already existing law, I can't.
Tea on me? *ouch!*
Old 11-13-2005, 06:01 PM   #902
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Location: Mirkwood, well actually I live in North-west Scania, Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotesse
I'm feeling extremely surreal tonight. I just came down with the flu, and am in the beginning stages of fludom where everything sounds interesting and you feel like you're on drugs. Major flu. I just take loads of aspirin and drink water and juce and eat turkey, which I believe turkey is good for any occasion. But I can't taste the turkey. Just hear it squeaking between my teeth (I LOVE that turkey-squeak). Beh. So sick.

In fact, I'm way too sick to be in my man's office on the computer right now. Must go back & lie down. Ciao ...
Hope you'll get well real soon, Lotesse.
Old 11-13-2005, 06:08 PM   #903
klatukatt
Entmoot's Drunken Uncle

Quote:
Originally Posted by trolls' bane
Well, I'd like to say something about that, but due to the post-facto expansion of an already existing law, I can't.
That is so funny that I'm getting it tattooed on my head
Old 11-13-2005, 06:44 PM   #904
rohirrim TR
Friendly Neigborhood Sith Lord

that is a good quote TB i like it i really do. note to self: use in coversation.
...Inspiration is a highly localized phenomenon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gaffer
It seems that as soon as "art" gets money and power (real or imagined), it becomes degenerate, derivative and worthless. A bit like religion.
Old 11-13-2005, 06:48 PM   #905
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Thanx Nurvy & Grey Wolf. I wonder - does anybody have a good herbal tea recommendation for me, for very aching muscles & back and all those other phenomenally unpleasant flu symptoms? I'm so sick right now I'm trembling and stuff. I forget all the right teas to drink; it's been ages since I was sick...

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Old 11-13-2005, 07:01 PM   #906
Bombadillo
"The Bomb"

Echinacea is the only herbal cure I know. (Well, not really. ) But I think its overrated in tea. Try it in pill form.

I just noticed we have no bored smiley here. This would have been the first time I ever needed to use it, but still. :|
Old 11-13-2005, 07:05 PM   #907
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

I know about echinacea but the thing is, it is only useful if you take it before the real onset, in the first few hours or something, or am I wrong. If I'm wrong, then maybe I oughta buy some friggin' echinacea extract or something. But if it won't really work, then it'll be a waste of money - that stuff ain't cheap. Plus it tastes wicked gross.

Old 11-13-2005, 07:21 PM   #908
klatukatt
Entmoot's Drunken Uncle

that's what pills are for

I suggest GARLIC and LOTS OF IT

of course, that's just because Garlic cures EVERYTHING

(brought to you by the World Association of Garlic Farmers)
Old 11-13-2005, 07:23 PM   #909
rohirrim TR

hello everyone, sorry bout, your cold edit: flu i mean Lotesse, i've had a nasty cough for the last two weeks not a lot of fun
Quote:
It seems that as soon as "art" gets money and power (real or imagined), it becomes degenerate, derivative and worthless. A bit like religion.
Old 11-13-2005, 07:27 PM   #910
trolls' bane

Quote:
Originally Posted by klatukatt
That is so funny that I'm getting it tattooed on my head
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim TR
that is a good quote TB i like it i really do. note to self: use in coversation.
You guys! That's not a quote, I made that one up! It's interesting. Into my sig!

Get well Lotesse! Sounds about time for the longevity treatment. I will consult Doctor Russell.
Old 11-13-2005, 07:29 PM   #911
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Yeah, garlic did come to mind, but I hate chomping on raw garlic. I know - maybe I should get some of those odor-free garlic capsules they have - those work just the same, don't they? It's true about garlic' I mean ever since day one it seems human beings on planet earth have benefitted greatly from garlic. But garlic tea is definitely where I draw the line. Vomiting from disgust will not make me feel better. (do they even make garlic tea? *shudders*)

Old 11-13-2005, 07:31 PM   #912
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

trolls' bane, YOU'RE the one I wanted tea advice from; aren't you compiling a tea encyclopedia or something? In the fog of my flu-hallucinogenic mind, I seem to recall you saying something about publishing a tea encyclopedia... Help! What is a good flu tea, to ease aching symptoms and that doesn't taste horrific?

Old 11-13-2005, 07:34 PM   #913
Lady Marion Magdalena
Elf Lord

Mom always used to make me drink gingerale mixed with orange gatorade when I had the flu. But that was just to deal with dehydration.
Don't know about herbal teas... probably best if you just pick one that you like and that helps you to relax. Teas with mint, or catnip in them tend to help with coughing if that's a problem.

Get well soon.
"Because it is my name! Because I cannot have another in my life! Because I lie and sign myself to lies! Because I am not worth the dust on the feet them that hang! How may I live without my name? I have given you my soul; Leave me my name!"

- The Crucible

"nolite hippopotamum vexare!"
Old 11-13-2005, 07:37 PM   #914
trolls' bane

Well, you mentioned echinacea, and that is an excelletn choice. Anything with lemon is good. Avoid Earl Grey, Lady Grey, Prince of Whales, or any strong black tea.
A great choice is a type of green tea, and (going for taste preference on my part) any type of that without chamomile, though perhaps that is what helps.
So, I say that for once, I'd recommend looking at Good Earth with all it's strange names.

Nope, I said that. Never started it, though.

I'll brb. I got to go on a bike ride.
Old 11-13-2005, 07:41 PM   #915
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

I didn't know catnip could be useful for humans. My dad's cat is a catnip junkie, it's hilarious. I digress. Mint tea, I forgot about that. So, mint, echinacea, and catnip. Hmm. Maybe I'll just grab a jug of Nyquil and some liquid Thera-Flu capsules, and hunker down for two days... nah. I hate that crap. Oooo, I'm so sick I am STILL trembling. I should get off this computer soon and go back and lay down. Thanx 4 all the tips, you guys.

trolls' bane - yes, I thought of green tea, you mean like traditional japanese green tea? And how come no chamomile, I'm just curious...

Last edited by Lotesse : 11-13-2005 at 07:42 PM.
Old 11-13-2005, 07:42 PM   #916
rohirrim TR

Quote:
Originally Posted by trolls' bane
You guys! That's not a quote, I made that one up! It's interesting. Into my sig!
I meant I was going to quote you, its an awesome quote by: TB
Quote:
Old 11-13-2005, 07:47 PM   #917
Lady Marion Magdalena
Elf Lord

I didn't know catnip was any good for humans either, but then Mom found this one type of tea that has catnip in it and it works really well. But we have to make sure that our cat's outside before making it. He meows non-stop if we don't.
"Because it is my name! Because I cannot have another in my life! Because I lie and sign myself to lies! Because I am not worth the dust on the feet them that hang! How may I live without my name? I have given you my soul; Leave me my name!"

- The Crucible

"nolite hippopotamum vexare!"
Old 11-13-2005, 07:50 PM   #918
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

LOL! That's hilarious! The cat smells the catnip brewing, and goes bananas for it? That's like my dad's cat; he's like a police dog in an airport, man; he can sniff out catnip from a block away.

Old 11-13-2005, 08:06 PM   #919
trolls' bane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotesse
I didn't know catnip could be useful for humans. My dad's cat is a catnip junkie, it's hilarious. I digress. Mint tea, I forgot about that. So, mint, echinacea, and catnip. Hmm. Maybe I'll just grab a jug of Nyquil and some liquid Thera-Flu capsules, and hunker down for two days... nah. I hate that crap. Oooo, I'm so sick I am STILL trembling. I should get off this computer soon and go back and lay down. Thanx 4 all the tips, you guys.

trolls' bane - yes, I thought of green tea, you mean like traditional japanese green tea? And how come no chamomile, I'm just curious...
Yeah, exactly. And I only said no chamomile because I can't stand it. You might be different, and I'm not altogether sure that chamomile isn't the only thing that has the infection-fighting power.
Old 11-13-2005, 08:08 PM   #920
trolls' bane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Marion Magdalena
I didn't know catnip was any good for humans either, but then Mom found this one type of tea that has catnip in it and it works really well. But we have to make sure that our cat's outside before making it. He meows non-stop if we don't.
Leave him in the house and get a taste of what my cant's like every day.
Closed Thread