Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2002, 04:25 PM   #881
Eruviel Greenleaf
Alcoholic Villain-Fancying Elf Pirate

I just love losing arrows
Sadly, I don't shoot enough to practice at not losing arrows. <--sad face 'cause there's no archery range here

Happily, they do have a historical fencing club which I joined. But...*to stay on topic* I wish we'd start already!

I hate not being able to participate in Tai Kwon Do class because I'm sick.

I'm getting really sick of Lucky Charms. It's the only food I keep in my room and that's all I had to eat yesterday until dinner because I have an evil schedule on Wednesdays and don't have time for lunch and breakfast ends way to early. After this box runs out I am never eating Lucky Charms again!

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found only a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse is superior to the world."
-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Old 09-19-2002, 04:37 PM   #882
Elfmaster XK
Possessive Villain Fancier

cool, fencing!

What are lucky charms?

I hate burning myself on hot chocolate!

My soul is painted like the wings of butterflies,
Fairytales of yesterday will grow but never die,
I can fly - my friends.

XK
Old 09-19-2002, 04:41 PM   #883
TinuvielChild
Padawan

I HATE!!!!! my History teacher!!!!!!!!!!!! Evil prat....

Bloody wanker....He expects projects that are 10 times the quality of what all the other teachers expect in 10 times less time! He gives misdemeanor marks for no bloody reason, he openly told us that he dislikes us, he told us we were "bad people", and he just temporarily suspended the really cool projects we were working on "because we were too badly behaved for the privilege of projects"!!! Honestly! He expects us to spell everything correctly when he can't even spell (not that that's a problem for me....), and he assigns projects due the next day, completely hand-done, without the use of a computer, when we also have homework from all our other classes! Grrrr...... I was halfway considering getting one of you fun, violent people to come up here and help me....dispose of him. Yeah. I'm really pissed off.

Dance as though nobody's watching.
Sing as though nobody's listening.
Dream as though you'll live forever.
Live as though you'll die tomorrow.

EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMEDDCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO and proud!

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
Old 09-19-2002, 04:43 PM   #884
TinuvielChild
Padawan

Lucky Charms are a cereal with oats and marshmallows. It's yummy, but as EG demonstrates, it is possible to get sick of them. It's possible to get sick of anything, if you eat enough of it. I never would have thought I'd get sick of pasta, but I did. Now I want pasta again, though.

Dance as though nobody's watching.
Sing as though nobody's listening.
Dream as though you'll live forever.
Live as though you'll die tomorrow.

EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMEDDCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO and proud!

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
Old 09-19-2002, 04:45 PM   #885
Eruviel Greenleaf

What? Evil history teacher? *appears fully armed*

As TC said, Lucky Charms is a cereal. Loaded with sugar. Not good to eat all day. Argh, I'm doing it again! Eating more Lucky Charms! Oh well, when they run out I won't ever have to eat them again!

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found only a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse is superior to the world."
-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Old 09-19-2002, 04:47 PM   #886
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Since you answered my language questions so nicely over on the other thread, let me fill you in on Lucky Charms (unless EG beats me to it .. MUST TYPE FASTER!)

It's a breakfast cereal loaded with sugar and lots of little marshmallow-y goodies. I think originally the marshmallow things were green and in the shape of clovers (therefore the name), but now they have - (ok, refresh my memory, EG - I don't have a box here) "now with yellow stars and pink hearts" (was that it, EG??) An obnoxious little Irish elf is on the box and in the commercials on tv. motto - "they're magically delicious!"

And how could ANYONE get tired of them??? Yummm!! (just kidding - I think eating a whole box by myself morning, noon and night would turn me off to them for quite some time...) I only buy them once a year or so, because I'm really trying to eat better, but when I do, they are GONE in one day (husband and 3 kids also love them!)

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!

Last edited by Rían : 09-19-2002 at 04:53 PM.
Old 09-19-2002, 04:51 PM   #887
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

(oh, shoot - TWO people beat me to it!)

TinuvielChild - your teacher sounds like a real jerk - sorry. Good teachers are so wonderful, and bad teachers .... well, really can make things awful. Hope you're not stuck with him for too long.

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Old 09-19-2002, 09:49 PM   #888
Erawyn
Elven Warrior

I hate that my little "lets run 5 k a day" plan isn't working out.

"Be not so bigoted to any custom as to worship it at the expense of Truth."
Johann Georg von Zimmermann
Old 09-19-2002, 09:57 PM   #889
Eruviel Greenleaf

I am so mad at my parents!!! ARGH!
I sent my dad this long email that was basically all complaining 'cause I was in such a bad mood and I mentioned that I might have to move rooms because one of my roommates is leaving, and she called the bloody resident director of my hall! What in the name of Satan was she thinking?! I HATE it when my parents think I can't solve my own bloody problems!

*screams in frustration*

Why would I go to college if I thought I couldn't solve my own problems and talk to people on my own? I'm perfectly capable of talking to the RD on my own...oh wait I just did last night, and then my STUPID parents had to go call him up! What the hell were they thinking? ARRRRRRRRRR

...i think i'll go practice tae kwon do now...

-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Old 09-19-2002, 10:20 PM   #890
Rían

sorry, EG - parents just get in the habit of trying to solve their kids' problems (because they love them and hate seeing them hurt), and they forget to step back sometimes. I am in the stepping-back-a-bit-and-letting-consequences-teach phase for my 12-year-old, but am still in the solve-all-problems stage for my youngest.
Next time, maybe include a little note in the email something like "just wanted to vent to you guys, but please let me try to handle this on my own, and I'll keep you posted." Parents can be dense sometimes (especially if there are younger siblings at home - too many cleaning up of spills can have a numbing effect on the brain - fortunately, it wears off after little ones have been in bed for awhile ) and need some reminding.
Feel free to tell me to blow off, or just ignore this, but I sure hope you can stay in your digs. (p.s. - I thought when I graduated from college that my school woes were all over, but found to my dismay that it's even HARDER to watch school problems happen to your kids!)

Old 09-19-2002, 10:29 PM   #891
Eruviel Greenleaf

Thanks, Rian
I know they're just trying to help. I just talked to them...*sheepish look* just gave my dad a huge lecture on how they need to leave me alone and I don't feel like I can just complain about my problems without them trying to get involved...neh, I think they got the point now. I've calmed down a bit, but I'm still a little angry. I'm sure someday they'll learn they can let me deal with things on my own. And it's not like I'm alone on this one; my other roommate also would have to move--thankfully, we could probably stay together instead of being split up and sent off to live with different roommates.

-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Old 09-20-2002, 12:21 AM   #892
Rían

keep talking, that helps Keep us posted on the roomie situation.

Now my vent: I took over the computer end of things for the huge Candy Sale Fundraiser for my kids' school 4 years ago. Wrote a big honkin' totally custom Visual Basic program to run it (over 1000 lines) - keeps track of inventory, money, prizes, etc. - has worked great (IMHO) (also the opinion of everyone who has used it! ) This year someone brings in a new head candy sale person - fine, but she decides to bring in her own computer person and get into my program without my knowledge or permission. I find out, gracefully offer to turn the whole thing over to him (it's not like he's cheaper, I did everything for FREE!), but tell them if they want me in the loop that this guy needs to coordinate with me so I know what changes he has made. They never get back to me, of course - my husband says I'll get a frantic call in a few weeks, and of course he's right. Tears, everyone upset, candy sale opens tomorrrow and Everything is Fouled Up! - can I fix it? (surprise, surprise - the guy doesn't even know Visual Basic!) GRRRRR! 6 hours' worth of work later, I have everything fixed up, and managed to stay polite the whole time! I did, however, inform them that I would be only loading the executable version of the program in the future, and would keep control of the source code myself. (the guy even had the NERVE to remove MY name from the password list!!!! I had to break into my OWN CODE to fix it!!!!!!)

Last edited by Rían : 09-20-2002 at 12:22 AM.
Old 09-20-2002, 12:25 AM   #893
Eruviel Greenleaf

That's awful, Rian! I would be so mad...and you are such a nice, patient person to fix everything and so on! I know I wouldn't be that nice... Well hopefully these people will learn someday, eh?

I hate it when I start making bad chemistry jokes all on my own...okay, it isn't bad or anything. More like amusing. Bad chem jokes are just so....bad!

-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Old 09-20-2002, 12:39 AM   #894
Rían

I was VERY mad (and it was appropriate to be mad!) But I'm working on not reacting to other people's bad behavior in an angry way, but choosing to respond to it in a way that I think is correct, if that makes sense... I chose to come in and fix it because the PTF (parent/teacher fellowship) president asked me to, and she has always been VERY nice to me (she had nothing to do with the fiasco) - and I told her that I was doing it for her in appreciation of the way she has always treated me. But I also chose to not be walked on and I responded to some stupid statements (by the head candy sale lady) that it was my program's fault that the database got messed up by politely pointing out the fact that my program did not turn itself on in the middle of the night and wreak havoc, but some person had to have done it! She quieted down, and has since been distantly polite, and yesterday even made an extra effort to reach out to me and be nicer. I also told them that if they wanted me in the loop at all, that I would be keeping control of my source code, and no one would have access to it without my knowledge and permission.
Ah, life! one never stops learning! (oh no, two motherly outbursts in one night - I better stop now!)

Old 09-20-2002, 12:42 AM   #895
Rían

Gotta go now, I'm awfully tired - but post some awful chemistry jokes, please - they're probably REALLY funny! I'll check them tomorrow.

Old 09-20-2002, 03:10 AM   #896
Eruviel Greenleaf

eh, i don't think i actually remember any chemistry jokes, except for the one i made tonight, but it wasn't really a joke at all. not funny, really. i just made some reference to noble gases being non-reactive when i was talking to my dad about not trying to deal with stuff for me. our chem prof. makes some really bad ones sometimes, but i don't remember any...there was one about guacamole and avacados but anyway in april when i went to florida we were trying to think of chemistry, physics and calculus pick-up lines. now those were bad! eek! stuff like, (to someone in your chemistry class) 'so, would you say we've got...chemistry together?'

-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Old 09-20-2002, 05:55 AM   #897
Elfmaster XK
Possessive Villain Fancier

*sigh* I hate it when paretns do that...anyway, you have swords, that can solve things if it comes to a confrontation!

That was awful of them Rìan! I would be so mad, and probably wouldn't handle the situation as well as you did!

Also TC, i really hope that evil teacher doesn't make you hate history forever. I've had two bad teachers that made me hate physics and biology forever, and that messed up my whole plan for the future! Damn them to hell! But still, hope you don't have to put up with him for too long!

Thanks for the info on the Lucky Charms...come to thik of it i believe we have something similar in England.

Eep...bad bad pick up lines...always amusing!

My soul is painted like the wings of butterflies,
Fairytales of yesterday will grow but never die,
I can fly - my friends.

XK
Old 09-20-2002, 11:55 AM   #898
Tanoliel
Eccentric Chocolate Crow

Cripes. What a life people have....

I don't have a whole lot to complain about, I'm just VERY annoyed that I'm having such a had time trying to come up with a good thesis for my big formal essay thingie on "All Quiet On The Western Front," and my teacher (Paul Raymond, EG) is being rather unhelpful. Rrrrr. I actually like writing essays once I get a good thesis...but I'm kinda stuck at this point. I also have a test on WWI coming up...GAH! Stake me now....
I also hate that my sense of prooportion when drawing is totally out of whack and I can't draw the same character over again. Any hopes I might have had for drawing any sort of comic strip are dashed unless I get my pencil under control. Not only that, two of the people I hang out with on a daily basis are both amazing artists, and it makes me feel very depressed. Neh.

EG, I've got Thursday 6-7 Lab. We've got three this year...we got to do flame tests on salt compounds yesterday! Whoo!
How about "let's get together and see if there's a reaction"? Meh! Baaaaaad....
-tano

Food Of The Gods:
3,7-dihydro-3,7-dimethyl-1H-purine-2,6-dione

Feed Me....

Another Online Dwelling Place...

"All right, I confess. It is my intention to comandeer a ship, pick up a crew in Tortuga, to rape, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out." -Captain Jack Sparrow

"The trouble with unknown enemies is that they are so difficult to identify." -Amelia Peabody Emerson

"Most people obey the orders of someone who is pointing a gun at their head." -A.P. Emerson

Old 09-20-2002, 03:26 PM   #899
Eruviel Greenleaf

For some reason I'm just in a really good mood right now--not too much to complain about! Go me! I actually understood everything in chem lecture today! I am sooo good... But to stay on topic...I'm really mad that today was only the second lecture in chemistry I fully understood, and that I have midterms in chemistry and biology on the same day next week! Not good...

Tano, I have a bunch to say just to you so I'll pm you so as not to go off topic...

-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Old 09-20-2002, 04:32 PM   #900
Rían

Thanks for the encouraging comments, EG and EXK The only bad part about feeling that you handled a difficult situation well is that you usually end up blowing it BIG TIME shortly after - oh well, keeps you humble... probably be someone venting here next week : "there's this stupid jerk candy sale computer lady ..."

Calculus lines - "hey, babe, let's see if we can integrate over some coffee at Starbucks!"
Physics lines - *hmm, still thinking - something about magnetic attraction??*

EG and EXK - I had the strangest vision pop into my head yesterday while driving to soccer practice - I was thinking of this thread, and the Portland library and string silencers referred to a few posts up, and I got this picture of EG, EXK and his bow at the Portland library (EXK - it is 'his', right???). Then at soccer practice I amused myself by composing the following using the new Brit slang I read in 'very secret diaries' and EXK translated for me: **EG, EXK and his bow faffing about at beautiful Portland library - the bow lets loose with a bit of a "twang", gets big glare from evil librarian - poncy old git nances over, says "quiet down, you three! And I don't EVER want to see this bow in here again without his string silencer!"** (this candy sale is really starting to affect my brain!)

Closed Thread