Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2008, 07:35 AM   #881
Coffeehouse
Entmoot Minister of Foreign Affairs

Quickleaf rose to his feet and walked and picked up the cloth and returned it to Haldis. Eying Abasi he walked up to him, took out his water flask and drank from it, not letting his eyes fall off the elf. Quickleaf fastened his water flask,
"Maybe you should show some more respect to my companions whom have so graciously welcomed you, or I will have you leave this place. If you can't contribute when asked we all want a good reason, not a poor excuse. Do it better next time",
and Quickleaf turned his back, sent dust flying up in the air with the weight of his heel and sat down by the tree with Nami.

Last edited by Coffeehouse : 05-26-2008 at 07:36 AM.
Old 05-26-2008, 07:46 AM   #882
Curufin
The Ñoldóran

Abasi strode after him, his hand resting on the hilt of his sword.

'Is that your uwindi way of challenging me? I shall accept if you do. Where I am from, one does not offer insult then run like a frightened rabbit.'

~The Lay of Leithian
Old 05-26-2008, 07:58 AM   #883
Coffeehouse

Quickleaf rose up and walked towards the low-esteemed elf,
"The only challenging around here is your mentally challenged behaviour which could dampen the mood of songbirds on a sunny day. If you have a problem with being told how we behave and treat each others in this companionship, go talk to Radaghast."
He looked down on Abasi's hand, and smiled
"Wow you really need some anger management don't you?"

Last edited by Coffeehouse : 05-26-2008 at 07:59 AM.
Old 05-26-2008, 08:02 AM   #884
Curufin
The Ñoldóran

'You offer insult, and yet lack the courage to see your words to their conclusion. It is the action of a weak and soulless creature, to offer insult in cowardice. I care not for your insults to my character - they mean nothing from such a spineless uwindi. Say as you will - it does not touch me. I ask only whether you will fight. Answer yes or no and do not bore me with your useless preaching. Words are useless without action behind them.'

~The Lay of Leithian
Old 05-26-2008, 08:51 AM   #885
Coffeehouse

Quickleaf smiled at the angry elf.
"It's amusing that when you show your uncontrollable desire to fight every living creature that does not lie down in humbleness before you, you believe somehow that this exerts strength. But it does not confused elf. It's a lack of courage of the mind, a weak mind. Stop acting so pathetically and get a grip of yourself man." Quickleaf walked closer to the elf, his eyes fixed cooly "You're no solid warrior you know. It's all echos. I can hear it. We don't take threats in this company by a fellow companion lightly"
Old 05-26-2008, 09:54 AM   #886
Curufin
The Ñoldóran

'I am glad you do not take threats lightly, because I do not make them in such a way. You have questioned my honour and skill more than I can bear. Draw your weapon, and we shall settle this as men - unless that definition eludes you.'

~The Lay of Leithian
Old 05-26-2008, 10:09 AM   #887
feawen
The Lady of Laughter

Nami had had enough of this bickering like children. Though she had no love for Abasi, his words had echoed them of Tabril, and she understood that in his own way they were words of advice. She was not about to see the group desend into fighting.
Quickly she stood up and strod between the two of them.

"ENOUGH!" she yelled. "There will be no fighting in this group, your both acting as bad as orcs! If you dont have a cival word to say to each other than dont say anything. I am not in the mood for you two to be bickering, by the Valar, we all come from the same forefathers start acting like it!"

The look on Nami's face told them she was not joking.
Old 05-26-2008, 10:31 AM   #888
Aikanáro
Chaotic Good

Tabrîl’s patrol route took her close on occasion to where the others sat, and she had made a habit of glancing over and checking that all was well with them. Until now, it had been. Now, however, it was immediately obvious that something was amiss. Abasi stood as if he were ready for combat, and she needed to find out why.

She strode over to him and Quickleaf, and listened, but did not interrupt. Did this [i]uwindi[/u] any idea what he did here? Abasi could not tolerate such insult, none that were m’haidati should, of that she was certain, and so it did not surprise her when he challenged.

In truth, it pleased her, it would be one less uwindon to concern herself with, and so she smiled slightly to herself as he said it.

‘He will kill you,’ she said to Quickleaf. There was a slow deliberation about her words, but also a satisfaction, as if she had been waiting some time for this.

She turned then to Nami, and frowned deeply. Such an outburst was unseemly. 'Be silent!' she said. 'He will not heed your words, and it is not your place to say them.'

Last edited by Aikanáro : 05-26-2008 at 10:33 AM.
Old 05-26-2008, 10:44 AM   #889
feawen
The Lady of Laughter

Now it was Nami's turn to say her peace. Thinking about her mother and the spiders had put her in a bad mood anyway.

"I shall not be silent! I will say as i see fit! If he listens or not is his choice but to stand by and watch an elf kill another elf is as bad as slaying them you're self! Someone has to stop you lot killing eachother when Ragarast is not here. It like looking after bickering children."
Old 05-26-2008, 10:57 AM   #890
Curufin
The Ñoldóran

Abasi closed his ears against the ravings of the ka'marein. It could not be expected that they know the correct behavior of a m'haid and he would not call her out on it now. Children had to learn, but this was not the place for him to teach them.

'Tabrîl,' he said, never taking his eyes from Quickleaf. 'Take her from here. This is not the place for a ka'maren.'

~The Lay of Leithian
Old 05-26-2008, 11:00 AM   #891
feawen
The Lady of Laughter

Nami frowned. Did Abasi just swore at me?

"What did he call me?"

Last edited by feawen : 05-26-2008 at 11:03 AM.
Old 05-26-2008, 11:05 AM   #892
Aikanáro
Chaotic Good

Tabrîl blinked, and looked to Abasi. 'I will take her from here, if you wish it,' she answered. 'But she is not of the ka'marein.'

Which made it even more problematic to her that Nami spoke out as she did. Tabrîl turned then and glared at her.

'You know not of what you speak,' she said. 'This elf has insulted M'haidati Abasi and that must not go unchallenged. You will be silent or you will leave.'

Old 05-26-2008, 11:16 AM   #893
feawen
The Lady of Laughter

Nami frowned, why did no one else see the wrong and hurt that would be caused if one of them was to be killed. Tabril would loss what she would call her only friend and Nami would lose... well Quickleaf and he was her friend. But it was just wrong for an elf to fight and elf, it went against all she had been told. Orc's fighted against each other for pride and gain not elfs. Elfs agrued sure, but kill each other, no!

Nami know what would happen if the two fought and she did not want that. But she saw no other way out of it. Nami's shoulders slumped, "It would sure help if you explained what we don't understand" Nami looked defiently at Tabril "I will not speak but i will not leave." Tabril would have to drag her from the spot if she wanted her to leave.

Last edited by feawen : 05-26-2008 at 11:30 AM.
Old 05-26-2008, 11:35 AM   #894
Coffeehouse

Quickleaf's gaze was still fixed at Abasi. This foolish elf just wouldn't shut up and the entire ranting about broken pride, and insulted honour, it just went on and on. And this from an elf who had no regard for the honour of others, only himself. It was the trait of an idiot.

"Tabril, watch your tongue or I will cut it off if you do not stop insulting her.
You want to kill me Abasi?" Quickleaf smiled.
"I can see it in your eyes, the look of a jealous warrior, a grudging warrior. But you are even more of a fool if you think you will survive. I am Äyenthil of Lorien!"

Äyenthil cast off his cloak, and let his elven armour shine out, the moonlight gleaming on the age-old mithril that draped his chest. He unsheated Grayblade, Lorien's finest sword, and let his one foot slide slightly backwards in the dirt.
"Watered-Steel Blade, the World Perfection Calls" Äyenthil spoke and kissed his blade.
Old 05-26-2008, 11:47 AM   #895
feawen
The Lady of Laughter

Nami had started say that Tabril had not achually insulted her as such and that cutting her tongue out was slightly overreacting when things got very strange. Once minute the gray, cloaked Quickleaf she know was standing to one side of her the next this new elf, an elf with a new look in his eyes. A look of age and experience. Nami was not sure if she know this elf. Things had just of a whole lot more dangerous.

A short "oh" was all Nami had to say it this point.

Last edited by feawen : 05-26-2008 at 11:49 AM.
Old 05-26-2008, 11:57 AM   #896
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Muttering about crazy Elves, Radagast let the sleeping Ingwionis under A'mael's care and watchful eye, and went back to finish his study of the Dol Guldur's documents. He was finally getting somewhere...

But the noise of disagreement made further study rather difficult and he rose to see what all the commotion was about. He quickly saw what it was about, Abasi and Quickleaf standing opposite of each-other, radiating hostility.

"At it again?" the wizard said disappointed. "Can I really never leave you lot alone for five minutes without finding someone on somebody else's throat when I come back? Well, I see it can't be helped, if a good fight is what you so desperately need."

He sat down on a tree-root.

"Well, go on, then." He said when nobody immediately said something. "Continue with the posturing, like two stallions in mating season. Have at each other. And be quick about killing each other so the rest of us can turn back to important matters."
Old 05-26-2008, 12:09 PM   #897
Curufin
The Ñoldóran

Abasi nodded solemnly, glad that the seth'enati had given him permission to dispose of this annoying swine. He would do it gladly, knowing that his action would be blessed.

Abasi raised an eyebrow in a gesture of windi amusement as Quickleaf uncloaked. He was unsure if he was supposed to be frightened or impressed, but neither emotion threatened to overwhelm him. He was, perhaps, a bit shiny, but despite the fact that he wore mithril, Abasi was less than impressed. He was not wearing it everywhere, and it certainly would not get in the way of him lopping off the other's head. When he kissed his blade, Abasi tried not to laugh. The customs of this one were certainly...unique.

'Are you quite ready?' he asked dryly.

~The Lay of Leithian
Old 05-26-2008, 12:26 PM   #898
Coffeehouse

"Depends on how quick you want to die" Äyenthil replied, waiting for the first blow.
Old 05-26-2008, 12:27 PM   #899
feawen
The Lady of Laughter

Nami turned to Radagast. "You mean you're going to let them kill each other? Oh i give up." Nami sat down on the ground next to Radagast's tree root.
"Why are men so studden?"

Nami called over to Tabril, "You may as well sit down with us. This is going to take a while."

Last edited by feawen : 05-26-2008 at 12:30 PM.
Old 05-26-2008, 12:32 PM   #900
Curufin
The Ñoldóran

Abasi made every attempt not to roll his eyes at Quickleaf's bravado.

'I am not afraid of death,' he said simply and matter-of-factly. 'Do you think I would be?'

~The Lay of Leithian
Closed Thread