Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2009, 05:53 AM   #881
Aikanáro
Chaotic Good

I'm feeling much better now, thanks It only took a few days to get over it.

The only other people home were his older sisters and great-grandmother - all of whom told him to turn it off. He just wouldn't listen to anyone. And yeah...he *was* sick last month, and came to me for medicine and I was perfectly nice to him.

Teenagers.

Old 06-20-2009, 06:38 AM   #882
Mari
Elf Lady

Glad you're feeling better now. Would it have been acceptable to whack him?
You know, out of selfdefense.

...The Earth laughs in flowers ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson, "Hamatreya"...
Old 06-21-2009, 08:34 PM   #883
Nerdanel
Spammer of the Happy Thread

amira, our beautiful cat, fell off our new balcony on the 6th floor. she was here at the field station over midsummer, she went back home with sedeer today and now she's in hospital. she fell off the 6th floor, and she's alive. she can apparently walk, she seems to be herself still but her back legs aren't working as they should. she also broke a tooth. she's under observation at the animal hospital now, she's been given pain killers and they'll do an x-ray tomorrow to see what's wrong with her back legs. i hope it's just a fracture in a leg or something..

it's incredible.. when sedeer said that she had fallen off the balcony, i was sure the next thing he'd say would be that she's dead. but not that monster.. seems she still has a couple of lives left.
sedeer was assembling our new bed: this place is completely new for us, he's spending the first night there now. i hope he can sleep. i wish i was there and not 150 km away. i'm shaking and i'm cold and i hate hearing him cry. i hope they'll call him from the hospital tomorrow, saying that she'll be alright. i wish i were there.

- C. Sagan

My (photography) website
My Flickr page
Old 06-21-2009, 08:55 PM   #884
Varnafindë
Princess of the Noldor (and Administrative Empress of the Lone Islands)

I hope she will be ok, Nerdanel! I love cats - worrying about them is such a pain

Aika, sorry I didn't see that while you were online! How very thoughtless of him! It wasn't as if you were accusing him of having made you sick, just asking him not to make you worse!

Some people

Signature picture art - Bard the Bowman - by vigshane
Avatar art - Footsteps of Spring (a young Luthien) - by Henning Janssen
Old 06-22-2009, 12:32 AM   #885
Mari
Elf Lady

That sucks Nerdy. *hug* I hope you'll all feel better in the morning and that kitty turns out to be fine.

Old 06-22-2009, 07:34 AM   #886
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aikanáro View Post
he only other people home were his older sisters and great-grandmother - all of whom told him to turn it off. He just wouldn't listen to anyone. And yeah...he *was* sick last month, and came to me for medicine and I was perfectly nice to him.
Blimey, does he thinks the world revolves around him too? Some people...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerdanel View Post
amira, our beautiful cat, fell off our new balcony on the 6th floor. she was here at the field station over midsummer, she went back home with sedeer today and now she's in hospital. she fell off the 6th floor, and she's alive. she can apparently walk, she seems to be herself still but her back legs aren't working as they should. she also broke a tooth. she's under observation at the animal hospital now, she's been given pain killers and they'll do an x-ray tomorrow to see what's wrong with her back legs. i hope it's just a fracture in a leg or something..
I'm sorry to hear that, Nerdy. I help you hope it will all be alright. Cats are practically build to survive falls from great heights. Don't worry about the tooth, Jinx missed his two lower canines for years and it never slowed him down. The hind leg thing may just be a muscle injury.
Old 06-22-2009, 09:04 AM   #887
Nerdanel
Spammer of the Happy Thread

thanks all. i just got a call from sedeer saying that she's ok; she's in pain, but nothing is broken. what a relief.. she'll be home tonight, and i'll go there too.

she's a crazy cat.. and apparently she had a few lives left.

- C. Sagan

My (photography) website
My Flickr page
Old 06-22-2009, 01:59 PM   #888
Earniel

What a relief, indeed. Just don't hug her too tightly when you see her tonight.
Old 06-24-2009, 03:49 AM   #889
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

I'm getting extremely annoyed with my dad because he seems to think that he and I are in some kind of competition for my dog's affection. I love her, and I know in her own little doggy way she loves me, but I don't need her to love me more than anyone else in the world.

She obviously prefers to go to him for attention when both of us are in the same room. I am 100% okay with that. Unfortunately my dad likes to take every opportunity to try to prove that my dog loves him more, and THAT'S what's getting on my nerves.

I really love my dad, but he can be so insecure. -_-

Last edited by Tessar : 06-24-2009 at 04:01 AM.
Old 06-24-2009, 03:38 PM   #890
Earniel

With you, it's your dad, over here, it's our female cat that always needs to show she can get my cat's attention away from me. If I'm holding and stroking him and he's purring, she comes over, starts meowing until he gets up and goes after her. She can't seem to stand it that he's playing or snugling with me. But then again, she's painfully insecure too.

Vent: Since the start of the year the following equipment in our house has either broken down or works only when you thump it: the dishwasher, the dryer, the shower, the microwave-oven, the water cooker, the fryer, the coffee maker, the TV, the VCR, the central heating, the pool filter, the iron, and the freezer.

ANYTHING FRIGGIN' ELSE?!?!
Aaaargh!
Old 06-28-2009, 02:29 AM   #891
Tessar
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

I'm getting so needlessly worked up about the trip to DC. Ack!! I feel like there are a million things to do, but all I really need to do is pack.

I'm anxious about the idea of the airport. I'm sure it wont be half as bad as I'm thinking. It just feels like so much new stuff all at once: the airport, flying on a plane, being in DC, getting to perform opera scenes, a truly 'intense' musical study experience, and just... everything.

Don't get me wrong, I'm SO EXCITED about it all, but I'm also kind of scared.

The thought of next semester is also making me anxious. The Pirates opera, the whole voice teacher situation, and trying to keep on top of both my choir job and piano teaching job, and just... other stuff.

Guh! I realize my concerns are actually very minimal, and in a way pointless. I have too many friends with -real- problems to take my own too seriously, but... can't help feeling excited and overwhelmed all at once.

Last edited by Tessar : 06-28-2009 at 02:31 AM.
Old 06-28-2009, 05:06 AM   #892
Mari
Elf Lady

Hehe, that's just the way it goes. You worry a lot in advance and when the moment is there you'll see that everything is going just fine and you'll be all like "Why did I worry so much over this?"
Do say goodbye before you leave for DC, will you?

Old 06-28-2009, 11:32 PM   #893
Ingwe
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari View Post
I'm a bit sad because everyone here forgot my birthday yesterday
Happy late birthday, was it the 16th?
Old 06-29-2009, 12:50 AM   #894
Tessar
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Quote:
Hehe, that's just the way it goes. You worry a lot in advance and when the moment is there you'll see that everything is going just fine and you'll be all like "Why did I worry so much over this?"
Do say goodbye before you leave for DC, will you?

I will .

I'm absolutely terrified, too, that I don't know my music!!!! I used to be a terrible procrastinator, so whenever I was supposed to know something for a test I usually didn't.

Tonight I sat down and typed out EVERYTHING from memory, and with just a few exceptions that I can polish up tomorrow I have the music down cold but I can't shake this absolutely horrible feeling that I've been a horrible slacker and I don't know my music... when in fact I actually do.
Old 06-29-2009, 10:52 AM   #895
Mari
Elf Lady

Thanks Ingwe, yes it was How are you?

Thanks Tessar ^_^ And good luck with the convincing yourself that you actually DO know your stuff

Old 07-01-2009, 09:46 AM   #896
Tessar
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Step One: Wake up.
Step Two: Realize it's July 1st and you're leaving on the 5th.
Step Three: Panic attack that you DON'T KNOW MUSIC!
Step Four: Attempt not to throw up.

This is not going to be my most favorite morning ever. -_-
Old 07-03-2009, 02:52 PM   #897
Ingwe
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Thanks Ingwe, yes it was How are you?
Good, just been in England for a while, got back today!
Old 07-03-2009, 03:11 PM   #898
Mari
Elf Lady

Oh? Nice! Vacation? Or is it related to your new job? (Did you take that job you were talking about earlier by the way? Did you move yet?)

Old 07-15-2009, 06:08 AM   #899
Mari
Elf Lady

*sigh* I booked my flight to Montreal in such a way I would be able to leave the house at 9-ish in the morning. They changed the flight 2 times now, and at the current status, I will have to catch 5.45 AM train to be at the airport on time...
At least I will have more time to transfer in Munich though.

Old 07-18-2009, 01:49 AM   #900
Tessar
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

I freaking hate people who get off on making fun of singers they think aren't good. Then they turn around and expect you to agree with them when they say, "Oh, I'm such a good person!"

***holes. My friend, who is frankly the best singer at the camp, doesn't talk **** about other singers, so what gives you the right? I hope some day the director stumbles in on them saying things like that, because people who think it's funny to mock other people who are trying their best deserve what they get.

Then you expect me to take you seriously if you tell me I did a good job? No thanks. I can do without the complements of backstabbers.

I'm angry because I can usually deal with it, but tonight I was stuck with that group of people because my ride wanted to go out to eat with them and I didn't really have an option.

Last edited by Tessar : 07-18-2009 at 01:52 AM.
Closed Thread