Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2006, 05:23 AM   #881
littleadanel
of the House of Bëor

A bit belated welcome to Elbereth GR! I see you're from Athens.

(I'm Hungarian; it's just that, you made me think of my cousin's fiancé, he's Greek and lives near to Athens IIRC.)
Old 04-27-2006, 09:54 AM   #882
Elbereth_GR
Sapling

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleadanel
A bit belated welcome to Elbereth GR! I see you're from Athens.

(I'm Hungarian; it's just that, you made me think of my cousin's fiancé, he's Greek and lives near to Athens IIRC.)
thanks
Old 04-27-2006, 09:58 AM   #883
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Welcome to Entmoot, Elbreth . And Whispering Willow and Emma, welcome all . Have a great time on Entmoot, I charge you!
If the world has indeed, as I have said, been built of sorrow, it has been built by the hands of love, because in no other way could the soul of man, for whom the world was made, reach the full stature of its perfection.

~Oscar Wilde, written from prison

Oscar Wilde's last words: "Either the wallpaper goes, or I do."
Old 04-27-2006, 01:37 PM   #884
KingTheoden
Hobbit

Hi all

i'm Theoden ...17th king of Mark.

my eoreds is ever to yours service.

compliment for the forum...is very good!!!

Théoden son of Théngel
Old 04-27-2006, 04:58 PM   #885
Udukhaturz
Shadow Lord of Morgul

King Theoden, welcome to Entmoot. It's a great board.
Old 04-27-2006, 07:10 PM   #886
Elanor's Angel
Elf Lord

Location: Hiding under my bed reading LOTR at 1:43am, Middle earth (Seattle WA)
Welcome to all! Welcome King Theoden!

Vote Trolls' Bane/Elanor's Angel 2008!!!
Old 04-27-2006, 11:04 PM   #887
tolkienfan
Elf Lord

Welcome!

Thanks so much to Last Child of Ungoliant, Twista, and BeardofPants for my avatar!
Old 04-28-2006, 01:28 AM   #888
Giroth
The Dragonqueen

~Well, what's new with me...

i'm not sure how many of you really remember me or even care, but i thought what the heck :P i still visit this forum a lot, i just dont post as much as i used to...been busy...

soo...*elaborating*

this year alone a lot of stuff has been up for me and my fam. in less than a month my family is moving into our first home...a home we'll OWN. we've rented all our lives, so this is a pretty awesome thing for us. i'm in the process of packing now.
also, in a little over a month, i'm graduating from school a year early. i sent in a scholarship application just today..if all works out, i'll be starting college this fall semester and majoring in creative writing i believe.
speaking of writing...i finally finished the sci fi adventure/romance novel i've been working on for the past three or four years haha. i've done tons of revisions and now i'm just days away from submitting the manuscript to Baen Publishing. my book fits all the guidelines, and i'm feeling...confident, but a bit nervous just the same haha
also also! i found out i have a severe case of scoliosis. the doctor told me that i NEED surgery to live, cuz according to him i could literally die of a punctured lung or heart from the continued curving of my spine within five years alone. sooo..yeah. <_< so i'm getting spinal fusion this year..i've got tests this coming month and then a few MRIs the next month just three days after my graduation. so graduation, surgery tests, and moving all at once haha!
so yeah, busy busy...but overall the busyness is a good thing...but to any of you who are alright with it, any prayers or anything would be much appreciated for the coming two months = ) sorry for popping in randomly to say all that stuff though haha...anyways, hope you all are well! be blessed and have a great remainder of the week!

peace always to the lovely m00t,

~H.

'So choose today whom you will serve..as for me and my family we wil serve the Lord.'

" Now if you were a hot dog,and you were starving,would ya eat yourself? I know I would! First I'd smother myself in brown mustard and relish..I'd be so delicious!"

It's pronounced 'Hether', not 'Heether', biznotch!
Old 04-28-2006, 02:24 AM   #889
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

congrats on the home, best wishes and prayers for the surgery

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Old 04-28-2006, 04:05 AM   #890
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

*merged Giroth's thread with Welcome-thread*

Hi again, Giroth, I can see how you have been busy and why you'll still have a busy month ahead!

Best of luck with the move and the scary-sounding surgery. I'm sure everything will work out fine.

And congrats on the soon-to-happen-graduation and perhaps-soon-to-be-published book!! Be sure to keep us posted.
Old 04-28-2006, 11:19 AM   #891
Giroth
The Dragonqueen

oh woops, sorry to post in the wrong place haha <_<

but thanks! = ) i'll keep ya posted...keep cool over there hehe! ^.~

'So choose today whom you will serve..as for me and my family we wil serve the Lord.'

" Now if you were a hot dog,and you were starving,would ya eat yourself? I know I would! First I'd smother myself in brown mustard and relish..I'd be so delicious!"

Old 04-28-2006, 11:30 AM   #892
Rev. Justin Timberlake
Andúril the White

Good luck!
Old 04-28-2006, 11:39 AM   #893
anarion
Enting

Location: Born in Lousiville, KY. Living in Laguna, Philippines
Good luck, and best wishes Giroth!

My family will keep you in our prayers!
Remember to keep smiling, it never hurts!
Old 04-28-2006, 11:54 AM   #894
The Gaffer
Elf Lord

Yikes! Scary and exciting stuff Giroth. All the very best.
Old 04-28-2006, 03:40 PM   #895
Udukhaturz
Shadow Lord of Morgul

Giroth, wishing you the best on your upcoming surgery. Good to hear you are going to get a book published.
Old 04-28-2006, 06:23 PM   #896
Elanor's Angel
Elf Lord

Location: Hiding under my bed reading LOTR at 1:43am, Middle earth (Seattle WA)
Bon Chance Giroth! And best wishes!

Vote Trolls' Bane/Elanor's Angel 2008!!!
Old 04-28-2006, 09:43 PM   #897
trolls' bane
Entmoot Secretary of the Treasury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giroth
i'm not sure how many of you really remember me or even care, but i thought what the heck :P i still visit this forum a lot, i just dont post as much as i used to...been busy...

soo...*elaborating*

this year alone a lot of stuff has been up for me and my fam. in less than a month my family is moving into our first home...a home we'll OWN. we've rented all our lives, so this is a pretty awesome thing for us. i'm in the process of packing now.
also, in a little over a month, i'm graduating from school a year early. i sent in a scholarship application just today..if all works out, i'll be starting college this fall semester and majoring in creative writing i believe.
speaking of writing...i finally finished the sci fi adventure/romance novel i've been working on for the past three or four years haha. i've done tons of revisions and now i'm just days away from submitting the manuscript to Baen Publishing. my book fits all the guidelines, and i'm feeling...confident, but a bit nervous just the same haha
also also! i found out i have a severe case of scoliosis. the doctor told me that i NEED surgery to live, cuz according to him i could literally die of a punctured lung or heart from the continued curving of my spine within five years alone. sooo..yeah. <_< so i'm getting spinal fusion this year..i've got tests this coming month and then a few MRIs the next month just three days after my graduation. so graduation, surgery tests, and moving all at once haha!
so yeah, busy busy...but overall the busyness is a good thing...but to any of you who are alright with it, any prayers or anything would be much appreciated for the coming two months = ) sorry for popping in randomly to say all that stuff though haha...anyways, hope you all are well! be blessed and have a great remainder of the week!

peace always to the lovely m00t,

~H.
Well, it's good to see you!
Surgery is never fun, and I don't plan on proving myself wrong anytime soon; I'll leave that to other people who have had surgery. I'm dreading my first bit of surgery: I have to have half of my teeth pulled, some skin that grew OVER one of my teeth taken out, and have braces put in. Is it true that you have to have them adjusted every week!? What a waste of time! Hell with that, let my teeth stay crooked. Hasn't bothered me...not much. Anyway, best of luck with that. I'm more worried about recovery for you than anything, because from seeing my mom, even now, it takes a lot and a long time.
Old 04-28-2006, 10:59 PM   #898
Giroth
The Dragonqueen

thanks all! = )

Quote:
Originally Posted by trolls' bane
Well, it's good to see you!
Surgery is never fun, and I don't plan on proving myself wrong anytime soon; I'll leave that to other people who have had surgery. I'm dreading my first bit of surgery: I have to have half of my teeth pulled, some skin that grew OVER one of my teeth taken out, and have braces put in. Is it true that you have to have them adjusted every week!? What a waste of time! Hell with that, let my teeth stay crooked. Hasn't bothered me...not much. Anyway, best of luck with that. I'm more worried about recovery for you than anything, because from seeing my mom, even now, it takes a lot and a long time.

ahh dang! ouch O_O teeth stuff really hurts, dentists are relentless haha <_< i may need braces myself sometime, i really hope they dont need constant adjustment or i'd probably wuss out and never get braces haha! yeah, as long as the teeth still chomp then there's not too much worry for braces unless the crookedness is TOO great...so yeah! also good luck with that too, i hope you dont have too much trouble with all that brace and teeth business!

aww i hope you're mom's okay too

Old 04-29-2006, 05:58 PM   #899
Gwaimir Windgem
Dread Mothy Lord and Halfwitted Apprentice Loremaster

I remember my mother once went to a dentist who, while pulling her tooth, broke it, dug the root out in a painful manner, and then charged her for having to dig out the root. Devils, I say; they are devils!

*recites to himself Bill Cosby's dentist bit*

Strangely enough, that very day, while she was at the dentist, we got a movie called "Toothless". O.o

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Old 04-29-2006, 07:11 PM   #900
Udukhaturz
Shadow Lord of Morgul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwaimir Windgem
I remember my mother once went to a dentist who, while pulling her tooth, broke it, dug the root out in a painful manner, and then charged her for having to dig out the root. Devils, I say; they are devils!
I always thought a dentist's chair should be included as one of the "instruments" in the torture chamber. All those drills, the nasty smell when the drills are cutting through teeth. Ahhhhh! Fiends!
Closed Thread