Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2006, 08:09 PM   #881
trolls' bane
Entmoot Secretary of the Treasury

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!
You people are driving me mad! As if I wasn't already insane enough today. What a wierd day. Now I can certainly empathize (Ha!) with Deanna Troi on a typical bad day ("God forbid I should miss the first sight of the wormhole!"), by which I mean her version of a bad day, not mine, because mine was in no way bad. IT was...wierd. I just woke up with a very odd feeling, as though I had hit a psychological event horizon at metaphorically relativistic speeds. I actually had trouble paying attention in science and algebra, not to mention my other classes. That's not me! I spent the entire day trying to think about what I was thinking about, which was really difficult because I kept contradicting my own thoughts and almost every non-scientific thing I thought of somehow led to me thinking about science. I guess I'm hungover from reading about (but only half understanding) special relativity. HELP! And it is somehow tied to this weekend...Which by the way, I was also experiencing some pretty wierd things. I thought I was imagining it, but now I beleive I am occasionally struck by Deja vu, and for some reason it always involves the Meerkat Cafe's ham sandwhiches and a two-person table. This time, it was VERY unusual, because I had a double-deja vu, where the feeling that this had happened (that I had had a ham sanwhich in the Meerkat with someone else) was actually more or less a brief instance of remembering a previous Deja vu episode, where in fact this earlier one I was completely alone (but coincidentally in one of the only two chairs that I have had these experiences in, and they are separated by only a brick wall).
Old 03-06-2006, 08:48 PM   #882
Thain Peregrin Took I
Thain of Randomness

Quote:
Originally Posted by trolls' bane
You people are driving me mad! As if I wasn't already insane enough today. What a wierd day. Now I can certainly empathize (Ha!) with Deanna Troi on a typical bad day ("God forbid I should miss the first sight of the wormhole!"), by which I mean her version of a bad day, not mine, because mine was in no way bad. IT was...wierd. I just woke up with a very odd feeling, as though I had hit a psychological event horizon at metaphorically relativistic speeds. I actually had trouble paying attention in science and algebra, not to mention my other classes. That's not me! I spent the entire day trying to think about what I was thinking about, which was really difficult because I kept contradicting my own thoughts and almost every non-scientific thing I thought of somehow led to me thinking about science. I guess I'm hungover from reading about (but only half understanding) special relativity. HELP! And it is somehow tied to this weekend...Which by the way, I was also experiencing some pretty wierd things. I thought I was imagining it, but now I beleive I am occasionally struck by Deja vu, and for some reason it always involves the Meerkat Cafe's ham sandwhiches and a two-person table. This time, it was VERY unusual, because I had a double-deja vu, where the feeling that this had happened (that I had had a ham sanwhich in the Meerkat with someone else) was actually more or less a brief instance of remembering a previous Deja vu episode, where in fact this earlier one I was completely alone (but coincidentally in one of the only two chairs that I have had these experiences in, and they are separated by only a brick wall).
Woah. That's definetly a weird day. And I thought my days were weird. My day was perfectly normal today, though.

Monk: I'm 100% sure that she probably killed him.
Stottlemeyer: What does that mean?
Monk: 95%...

I feel like Pepé Le Pew when he look up "pew" in the dictionary. *French accent* Le pew? Moi? Noo. -Shawn Spencer

*British accent* It's a bobble head Bobbie! *head bob* -Special Agen Seely Booth
Old 03-06-2006, 08:58 PM   #883
trolls' bane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thain Peregrin Took I
Woah. That's definetly a weird day. And I thought my days were weird. My day was perfectly normal today, though.
Well, good! This IS wierd. I just can't get rid of this wierd feeling. Has SOMETHING to do with TLD. And I keep getting the campfire song that the leader made up out of my head, "Momma Dodo Bird."
And I keep just getting the first name of that school that Carla mentioned I should look into for the summer. Whatever it is, it sounds like Utopia! People like me...physics and astronmy classes...college over $100 more expensive than Harvard absolutely free (for a summer class though). Wow...paradise DOES exist! No ghetto! No mooting though...
Old 03-06-2006, 09:04 PM   #884
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

trolls' bane, that post back there - have you thought about using paragraph breaks now & again? It literally makes a person's eyes swim all googly, trying to read all that print with absolutely no spacing. So I gave up. I read the first sentence; I get the general idea.

How's wilderness camp?

Would you like a stiff drink?

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Old 03-06-2006, 09:38 PM   #885
trolls' bane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotesse
trolls' bane, that post back there - have you thought about using paragraph breaks now & again? It literally makes a person's eyes swim all googly, trying to read all that print with absolutely no spacing. So I gave up. I read the first sentence; I get the general idea.

How's wilderness camp?

Would you like a stiff drink?
I did use spacing! But if you insist...*signs paperwork regarding starting a space-shipping company*
Quote:
Originally Posted by trolls' bane
You people are driving me mad! As if I wasn't already insane enough today. What a wierd day. Now I can certainly empathize (Ha!) with Deanna Troi on a typical bad day ("God forbid I should miss the first sight of the wormhole!"), by which I mean her version of a bad day, not mine, because mine was in no way bad. It was...wierd.
I just woke up with a very odd feeling, as though I had hit a psychological event horizon at metaphorically relativistic speeds. I actually had trouble paying attention in science and algebra, not to mention my other classes. That's not me! I spent the entire day trying to think about what I was thinking about, which was really difficult because I kept contradicting my own thoughts and almost every non-scientific thing I thought of somehow led to me thinking about science. I guess I'm hungover from reading about (but only half understanding) special relativity. HELP!
And it is somehow tied to this weekend...Which by the way, I was also experiencing some pretty wierd things. I thought I was imagining it, but now I beleive I am occasionally struck by Deja vu, and for some reason it always involves the Meerkat Cafe's ham sandwhiches and a two-person table. This time, it was VERY unusual, because I had a double-deja vu, where the feeling that this had happened (that I had had a ham sanwhich in the Meerkat with someone else) was actually more or less a brief instance of remembering a previous Deja vu episode, where in fact this earlier one I was completely alone (but coincidentally in one of the only two chairs that I have had these experiences in, and they are separated by only a brick wall).
There, how's that?

Wilderness camp? Not quite--I just spend the night in the zoo where I volounteer, the Living Desert. It's over for now. I hope I'm invited to do it again. Right away! IT was the best.

A stiff drink...*remembers something about having one stiff lip*
I think I'll have a glass of dideuterium monoxide (refers to deuterium and not hydrogen because of the sheer difference between isotopes and to avoid any misconceptions).
Old 03-06-2006, 09:46 PM   #886
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Still too much. I think it's also a case of TMI.

Does dideuterium monoxide cause mild, pleasant inebriation when ingested as a liquid? Is it tasty, precioussss? If so and if SO, then here, have a glass o' the stuff.

Old 03-06-2006, 09:54 PM   #887
trolls' bane

Quote:

Does dideuterium monoxide cause mild, pleasant inebriation when ingested as a liquid? Is it tasty, precioussss? If so and if SO, then here, have a glass o' the stuff.
It tastes like water, it smells like water, it looks like water, and technically, it is water. Only difference is that deuterium is an isotope of hydrogen (it contains two neutrons instead of none) that is different enough from hydrogen that if in water molecules makes the water chemically different than regular water--but it is water--because it has more trouble dissolving things and has different (by no more than a degree or so, I think) melting/boiling points, etc. A deuterium water molecule is heavy water.

TMI?
Old 03-06-2006, 09:54 PM   #888
Thain Peregrin Took I
Thain of Randomness

Quote:
What's TMI?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TB
I think I'll have a glass of dideuterium monoxide (refers to deuterium and not hydrogen because of the sheer difference between isotopes and to avoid any misconceptions).
Hmm... sounds dangerous. I think I'll just have another frappachino. Or maybe something else. I can't decide. Maybe I'll have a smoothie. No, a frapp. No, definitly a smothie.

Monk: I'm 100% sure that she probably killed him.
Stottlemeyer: What does that mean?
Monk: 95%...

I feel like Pepé Le Pew when he look up "pew" in the dictionary. *French accent* Le pew? Moi? Noo. -Shawn Spencer

*British accent* It's a bobble head Bobbie! *head bob* -Special Agen Seely Booth
Old 03-06-2006, 09:57 PM   #889
trolls' bane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thain Peregrin Took I
What's TMI?

Hmm... sounds dangerous. I think I'll just have another frappachino. Or maybe something else. I can't decide. Maybe I'll have a smoothie. No, a frapp. No, definitly a smothie.
It is! You are so brilliant! *hands TPTI a very large molecular model of Heavy Water that is made out of pure lead (gold plated!) and weighs about eighty pounds*
See post above...
Old 03-06-2006, 10:06 PM   #890
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

TMI stands for Too Much Information. It's an internet acronym. Here, here's a website with a long list of various & sundry internet acronyms.

http://www.magicpub.com/netprimer/acronyms.html

Old 03-06-2006, 10:13 PM   #891
trolls' bane

Quote:
TMI stands for Too Much Information. It's an internet acronym. Here, here's a website with a long list of various & sundry internet acronyms.

http://www.magicpub.com/netprimer/acronyms.html
TTBOMK, the invasion is going as planned. ILIWTPCT. KISS, right? KWIM?
Old 03-07-2006, 01:56 AM   #892
trolls' bane

EDIT: See the slideshow on this page first, the Animal Tracks one: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6356101/
Vote for Indy!
Vote for Indy the Goat!
He's the one on the log. Support TLD by voting for Indy!
*puts on shirt that says "I <3 Indy"*
I grew up with that goat! *Acts as if it is the most important thing in the world*
Edit: He's the "Can't touch this" goat.

Last edited by trolls' bane : 03-07-2006 at 02:01 AM.
Old 03-07-2006, 02:10 AM   #893
katya
Elven Maiden

Hi everyone! I`m popping in to say hi, now. In response to the questions from before, here`s the deal- I am at a new host family`s house, and they don`t have internet- yet. It seems we`re going to get it soon. I am indeed in Japan until July. Anyway, I`ll still be around every few days (I have to charge my iPod after all) but I won`t be on as much as I was last week.

*eat and run*
Old 03-07-2006, 02:10 AM   #894
Farimir Captain of Gondor
Spaceman Spiff

Location: In the belly of a Firefly, living in Serenity is where you'll find me
Im wasn't really sure what i was looking at there Tb. Whats that all about?

*looks for the extra wood to throw on the fire*

I'd really like a strawberry-kiwi drink right now. Not the store brand but fresh from the juicer.
Old 03-07-2006, 01:04 PM   #895
Spaceman Spiff

*yawns*
Mornin everyone.

*makes a sausage, egg, and cheese biscuit*

Well I'm off to play some LotR Wheel of Fortune, come and join if you wish. See ya later.
Old 03-07-2006, 01:24 PM   #896
Serenoli
Head of the Department for the Invention and Propagation of Sugar, Spice and Everything Nice!

*has midnight snack*

technically, morning here, too... although the sun disagrees with the a.m. bit... can't talk much now, though, sleeping family all around... shhh!

Join the Harry Potter discussion, click here
Old 03-07-2006, 01:28 PM   #897
Spaceman Spiff

*tip-toes by and in a hush voice*

Sorry forgot my O.J. The sun is on vacation here as well. Though he might be coming back to work this weekend. YAY!.....Sorry.

*tip-toes out*
Old 03-07-2006, 01:29 PM   #898
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

oh boy, the place is empty (waves at Serenoli) , think I'll just have some buttered toast and a cup of tea....long morning
Old 03-07-2006, 01:44 PM   #899
Serenoli
Head of the Department for the Invention and Propagation of Sugar, Spice and Everything Nice!

*waves merrily back at Spock*

There, now your talk of buttered toast is making me wish for some and there is no way to get it... just like this noon, for some inexplicable reason, I desperately wanted a fleshy, juicy guava to sink my teeth into (or maybe that was just because its so warm... its almost summer here)

Join the Harry Potter discussion, click here
Old 03-07-2006, 01:48 PM   #900
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

Well here it's been going down to about 20 at night and then 38 during the day, however, last nights weather report says we'll be up in the 70's this weekend. Great weather for germs.
OH, I stopped at the organic store and got some dried mangos; YUM!
Closed Thread