Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2008, 05:41 PM   #881
Midge
Faithful Gardener

Well, chat away... she just returned to camp (very sleepy, of course) on with Aerin. At last check, anyway.
Psalm 56:11

"Starbuck, what do you hear?"
"Nothin' but the rain, sir!"
"Then grab your gun and bring in the cat."

Make sure to check out the C.S. Lewis forum. Game threads, movie and book discussions and more!

Old 09-25-2008, 05:44 PM   #882
feawen
The Lady of Laughter

aww we'll have to have a go chat but im sleepy too so im off to bed! I'd get Nami to talk to Aerin but i think it would be a bit out of char' since Nami just likes jibbing at her!
Old 09-25-2008, 05:55 PM   #883
Midge
Faithful Gardener

You'll have to work that in... Now that Nami's loverboy is retired () you might have quite a bit of time!

Make sure to check out the C.S. Lewis forum. Game threads, movie and book discussions and more!

Old 09-26-2008, 05:05 AM   #884
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Thanks all, I feel more confident to continue, now that I know you approve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willow Oran View Post
I would like to see a little more of Radagast in interactive bits. Right now you've been keeping him quiet between plot posts which limits what can be done with the characters who are along on the quest out of friendship with him rather than any summons a bit.
You have a point, a very good point even. Radagast has been too much of a plot element instead of a character. I will try to include some non-plot-driven posts for him from now on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari View Post
So perhaps you can give us a little nudge to move on a bit earlier at times.
I will keep it in mind. I tend to wait a couple of days so that everyone who can't log on every day has a chance to add something to a scene. But I'll take better care not to let you hanging on too long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midge View Post
You'll have to work that in... Now that Nami's loverboy is retired () you might have quite a bit of time!
We'll have to decide what to do with Quickleaf, just never mentioning him again seems a bit silly, so do we have him ride off in the sunset for some reason? Taking over the character as public character is maybe a little bit rude if Coffeehouse wanted to retire him.
Old 09-26-2008, 07:51 AM   #885
Mari
Elf Lady

I don't think I can be on this weekend. Please move Ellysa around for me.
See you Monday!

...The Earth laughs in flowers ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson, "Hamatreya"...
Old 09-26-2008, 08:59 AM   #886
feawen
The Lady of Laughter

he's sudden departour is a bit sudden!

lol what will i have Nami do now! I'll think of a fun excuse for Nami to talk to Aerin! Get the two talking!

yay i do love LLL!
Old 09-26-2008, 09:19 AM   #887
Varnafindë
Princess of the Noldor (and Administrative Empress of the Lone Islands)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eärniel View Post
We'll have to decide what to do with Quickleaf, just never mentioning him again seems a bit silly, so do we have him ride off in the sunset for some reason? Taking over the character as public character is maybe a little bit rude if Coffeehouse wanted to retire him.
He needs to be written out of the story. At least it's a good place since the barfight is finished and the next event hasn't started yet - he needs some reason to go back to Lorien, I would think.

And he didn't get one of the letters, did he - he just found the group. So he wouldn't be obliged in the same way as the others - and even they are free to leave the quest at any time.

But he has become attached to the group and has made some friends, so there may be an issue there when something else becomes more important and makes him decide to leave.

It would be best if Coffeehouse could contribute (even via PM discussions) to the manner of Quickleaf's retirement, but I haven't seen him posting on Entmoot at all after he made that post a couple of days ago.

Signature picture art - Bard the Bowman - by vigshane
Avatar art - Footsteps of Spring (a young Luthien) - by Henning Janssen
Old 09-26-2008, 03:08 PM   #888
Midge
Faithful Gardener

We could have him run back to fight the villagers and die valiantly fighting for his group. Did he run away?

If you wanted to be sure he couldn't be used as a character. Makes it kinda hard for CH to come back that way, though, if he wanted to. Hm... Maybe it's not such a good idea anyway.

Old 09-26-2008, 06:34 PM   #889
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varnafindë View Post
He needs to be written out of the story. At least it's a good place since the barfight is finished and the next event hasn't started yet - he needs some reason to go back to Lorien, I would think.
It's a pity he got his eyes cured so shortly before he ran off. A serious eye injury would have been an exellent reason for him to decide to go home and get cured properly.

Maybe we could make the healing only temporarily so he could get a relapse, and go back to Lórien.

Quote:
It would be best if Coffeehouse could contribute (even via PM discussions) to the manner of Quickleaf's retirement, but I haven't seen him posting on Entmoot at all after he made that post a couple of days ago.
His last post was from the 24th, but his account shows he was active yesterday, which makes it all the more annoying he didn't take the time to write a game post with his departure or give us at least a reason why he so suddenly got up and left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midge View Post
We could have him run back to fight the villagers and die valiantly fighting for his group. Did he run away?
I sort of doubt Coffeehouse intended to return since he said to retire his character. But I'd rather not kill off characters without cause. It would feel a little... vindictive. And the drama of his death would be sort of wasted. Besides, I rather doubt that mob is in killing mode over a faked card game and a bar fight. They'd probably had settled for trying to drag us in front of the local elder to be judged for it.
Old 09-26-2008, 09:09 PM   #890
Ingwe
Elven Warrior

Feel free to move my character around too. I've not been on as much as I thought I'd be but I will be.

Earniel, you're doing a great job. Keeping the plot a secret is a better idea altogether. Why would we all want to know what's going to happen? That's like reading the end of the book before the beginning. So you're doing very well being this I assume is the first RPG you've managed, you're doing better than most might. I sure wouldn't want to have your position...

Where are we now? I have a lot of catching up to do.

Mari, you changed your avatar! A good avatar I must say! Where do you get them?
Old 09-27-2008, 05:34 AM   #891
Varnafindë

Quote:
Maybe we could make the healing only temporarily so he could get a relapse, and go back to Lórien.
That's a possible solution, which opens for him to come back if he should change his mind later.

Quote:
His last post was from the 24th, but his account shows he was active yesterday,
I'll try to PM him then - he seemed to be welcoming a fellow Norwegian in the RPG.

Quote:
But I'd rather not kill off characters without cause. It would feel a little... vindictive.
You're right not to kill them off unless the player has expressly asked for it. It happened to me once - a player said 'Kill her' about her character during a battle, and I wrote us finding her killed after the battle and then wrote the funeral.

Later I had to write four or five more characters out of the same story, but we had then reached a town, and I had them all finding jobs and settling down in the town, rather than following Barufiniel further in her search for Rivendell.

Old 09-27-2008, 11:28 AM   #892
Mari
Elf Lady

Quote:
It's a pity he got his eyes cured so shortly before he ran off. A serious eye injury would have been an exellent reason for him to decide to go home and get cured properly.

I can have Ellysa see that hitting Q on his head will cure him and have her test it on him resulting in another blindness that won't be reversed with another whack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingwe View Post
Mari, you changed your avatar! A good avatar I must say! Where do you get them?
Thanks!
I always google for 'Deedlit'. The Elven girls in my avvies are always her.

Old 09-27-2008, 12:40 PM   #893
Acalewia
Halfelven Daughter of the Dunedain, President of Entmoot

Sorry I haven't been on for a while. I'm disconnected for the moment. Feel free to move Aelfwine around a bit. I'll be gone tomorrow but I should be back Monday.

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Don't be such a sour wolf" Stiles ~ Heart Monitor

http://www.wattpad.com/user/IceQueenofMitera
Old 09-27-2008, 02:36 PM   #894
Varnafindë

So Barufiniel is chatting a little with Sirandion - I just felt like playing her even while I'm waiting for us to meet up

Old 09-27-2008, 02:54 PM   #895
Mari
Elf Lady

Go right ahead! Am still a bit inspirationless at the moment though. *sigh*

Old 09-27-2008, 05:11 PM   #896
Coffeehouse
Entmoot Minister of Foreign Affairs

So guys. I'm very, very, very, very sorry for this post I wrote. Poor manners I know.

I already told Varnafinde, but its harder to explain in English.. So don't let the following make you think bad of Norwegians. We're not drunks!
Short and bitter I can say that the combination of warmup for a night out, drunkness and surfing a bit (on the web that is) ended up in a dismally looking profile and I hope only this one retarded post!

forgive me!!!
Coffeehouse, who has had quite a week, and proud owner of Quickleaf, who is NOT retired or blind or dead

And for the record I am a full-time student living in a student city. So that's my defence (I know i know)
Old 09-27-2008, 05:49 PM   #897
feawen
The Lady of Laughter

so you've not left us? im confussed!
Old 09-27-2008, 06:28 PM   #898
Coffeehouse
Entmoot Minister of Foreign Affairs

Quote:
Originally Posted by feawen View Post
so you've not left us? im confussed!
Yes! I haven't left you!

Forgive me!
Old 09-27-2008, 10:53 PM   #899
Midge
Faithful Gardener

HOW FUNNY. No offense... I'm not really laughing at getting drunk or anything.. but I really don't realize the kind of stuff people actually DO when they are intoxicated, apparently.

Welcome back, Quickleaf!!!

Old 09-28-2008, 02:20 AM   #900
Varnafindë

I was quite relieved to have Coffeehouse's answer to my PM in my mailbox last night.

When I tried to log on to tell you all, I couldn't, though ... The browser (Firefox) insists on downloading the pages instead of displaying them ... Last night even the mobile had the same trouble, but it's working normally now. I could only briefly see that Coffeehouse was the last poster, so even though I couldn't read it, I reckoned that he had told you and that I needn't.

I should post in the technical thread, too ...

Closed Thread