Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2003, 12:36 AM   #861
cassiopeia
Viggoholic

This thread proves I'm not psychic - nobody looks how I expected them to. I still have no pics of me available - the mystery remains.
Old 01-24-2003, 12:42 AM   #862
Khamûl
Slacker
Warrior Admin

Well what did you expect me to look like?

Psalm 107:31
Old 01-24-2003, 12:47 AM   #863
cassiopeia
Viggoholic

A round smiley face holding up a sign.
Old 01-24-2003, 12:55 AM   #864
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

I thought you'd be wearing a black cape and riding a black horse...

I bet you didn't think I looked like that, cass, didja?

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Old 01-24-2003, 12:58 AM   #865
cassiopeia
Viggoholic

Quote:
Originally posted by RÃ*an
I thought you'd be wearing a black cape and riding a black horse...

I bet you didn't think I looked like that, cass, didja?
I thought you had short hair for some reason...
Old 01-24-2003, 01:02 AM   #866
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Yes, it's short, curly and darkish brown - rather like a hobbit, I suppose But I DON'T have pink and orange sploches on my face - honor bright!

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Old 01-24-2003, 01:12 AM   #867
Baby-K
Corruptor

Quote:
Originally posted by Andúril
Send me? Where? I like it where I am, thanks.

I'll send you anywhere you wanna go - I was only kidding about that btw, but right now I think the Bahamas is a good option for me

Ahh, c'mon! Here's a hint. Make sure that the pic is converted to the JPEG or JPG format. You can use Paint to do this. I am assuming that your 3MB file is a bitmap image (*.BMP). Once you convert the file, you'll end up with a much smaller file. You can resize the pic in Paint as well. You know, to make it smaller.

I never read the instructions - by the way it was converted from bitmap to jpg, back again etc etc etc - guess I just don't fit into smaller boxes (oops, files)

Why oh why is the limit 10K?
'cos that's the longest distance I can go without dying???
Old 01-24-2003, 01:23 AM   #868
Rían

Hey Khamul, can you ask Ben to up the limit a bit?

Old 01-24-2003, 01:30 AM   #869
Baby-K
Corruptor

RÃ*an - I agree, what's the point of trying to get a pic up if you can't fit all of me in???

Saw your pic - you look blurry nice eh?
Old 01-24-2003, 01:34 AM   #870
Tanoliel
Eccentric Chocolate Crow

Quote:
Originally posted by Elfmaster XK
But ya know what, I will explain. It came from a conversation we had long ago. (We being me and people no one here knows. And Sen don't kill me for telling him!) I will PM you. Not because it's very sick, wrong and unsuitable for people under 5'1", but because. So mlerr.
Ooh, ooh, PM me too. Even though I'm under 5'1"...because I'm a dirty-minded five-footer. C'mon. You know I can handle it.

Great pics everyone! I'm so happy to see what people look like.

Possibly there will be a pic of me at my feis in a couple weeks. THAT would be interesting. Meh.

Food Of The Gods:
3,7-dihydro-3,7-dimethyl-1H-purine-2,6-dione

Feed Me....

Another Online Dwelling Place...

"All right, I confess. It is my intention to comandeer a ship, pick up a crew in Tortuga, to rape, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out." -Captain Jack Sparrow

"The trouble with unknown enemies is that they are so difficult to identify." -Amelia Peabody Emerson

"Most people obey the orders of someone who is pointing a gun at their head." -A.P. Emerson

Old 01-24-2003, 01:36 AM   #871
Rían

Quote:
Originally posted by Baby-K
Saw your pic - you look blurry nice eh?
LOL! I should probably take it down, but I thought it might provide some amusement

*kicks computer*

Now why in the world would a .bmp file look fine in one program, but go all wonky when I open it in paint?? I didn't even DO anything to it, I just opened it!!

Old 01-24-2003, 01:40 AM   #872
Gwaimir Windgem
Dread Mothy Lord and Halfwitted Apprentice Loremaster

Wow, Rian! You look almost exactly like someone I know! And she has the same name!

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Old 01-24-2003, 01:54 AM   #873
Baby-K
Corruptor

What's all this about people being nice & they seem to be short at the same time (5' 4" and shorter) - is there some sort of correlation? i. e. short people are nice (like fat people are supposed to be jolly?)

Guess then I don't qualify to be nice - I'm too tall. And let me tell you - fat people aren't jolly, it's a hoax, take Santa for instance - what a fake, talk about giving it to peer pressure, just being nice for the sake of the children... face it, the guy wears a belt (how else would he fit down the chimney)

And then again - if only nice little boys & girls get presents from him, does that mean he only visists short people? And what if you don't have a chimney - has anyone ever heard of Santa knocking on the front door?
Old 01-24-2003, 02:23 AM   #874
Andúril
The Original Corruptor

Quote:
RÃ*an:
Sentence 2 - no, I won't bother, as individual words don't convey much, anyway.
Aha! I win!
Quote:
More:
But you wouldn't hit a lady, would you?
Not unless she was repeatedly hitting me over the head with books, and already knew how strong I am. Anyway, I'll use my dictionary for defense...
Quote:
More:
You may, however, give me a *stern look* if you think it necessary, because I'm easily frightened, being just a helpless female
A helpless female? Give me your copy of LotR and your concordance and then you'll be a helpless female, you physically abusive.....Christian.
Old 01-24-2003, 02:25 AM   #875
Gwaimir Windgem
Dread Mothy Lord and Halfwitted Apprentice Loremaster

Then he comes in through the window, silly.

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Old 01-24-2003, 02:30 AM   #876
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Quote:
Originally posted by Khamûl
Well what did you expect me to look like?
You know, you're the oddest looking nazgul I've ever seen.
Old 01-24-2003, 02:49 AM   #877
Andúril
The Original Corruptor

Quote:
RÃ*an:
My scanner only saves in tif and bmp, so I saved it in bmp, then when I open it in paint, it turns into this!!
If you have the option, save the BMP file in 24-bit colour. You may have saved it in 256-colour mode. Then, if you open it in Paint you should have much better colour gradation, but that all depends on the source pic.
Quote:
Cassiopeia:
This thread proves I'm not psychic - nobody looks how I expected them to.
Let me guess. You thought I was 5'2", 100kg and wore a stained vest while sitting in front of the TV with my feet up and drinking beer? Well, you were wrong! Hah!
Old 01-24-2003, 02:57 AM   #878
Rían

I think it was 24-bit, but I'll double-check; thanks, Andúril. And it looked just fine in the scanner program

Hey, Baby-K - a fellow archer!!!! Tell me about your bow - mine's a 66", 23 lb recurve - sweet! I just got a massive string bruise on my bow arm last Sat. - hadn't shot in 4 months because of the kid's soccer season! My form was totally off - but I was improving by the end of the session.

Old 01-24-2003, 03:00 AM   #879
Rían

ps - EXK's a major archer, too - she shot off some arrows for me when I was in the middle of soccer season and couldn't shoot. (Not that she's nice or anything .... ) We were very concerned over her arrow #1 recently - had to have some fletching surgery, IIRC - but is now just fine

Last edited by Rían : 01-24-2003 at 03:03 AM.
Old 01-24-2003, 03:11 AM   #880
Baby-K
Corruptor

RÃ*an - I don't really do archery - this was 1 of the activities we had to do during our team building some time ago. I actually didn't do too badly (hit the bull's eye twice). I think I actually did better with the clay pigeon shooting - couln't believe it that I actually managed to get 3 of those suckers in mid air! Anyway - I can definitely sympathise with the string bruise (got a serious 1 myself during this session).

I would like to take it up , except I don't think they'l allow me to since I almost took someone's eye out with my first try - got better after that though.

About E-XK - she's probably too tall to be nice