Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2005, 03:53 PM   #861
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Rian, A very interesting post! Especially interesting is your part on the eyes "the Eldar can read at once in the eyes and voice of another whether they be wed or unwed." Does "another" means "another elf"? Or it applies to humans as well?
I ask because some of the highly eligible young maidens in the story are not exactly maidens...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RÃ*an
OK, I looked at the map, and I already see a problem with my posts - I always thought of Orrodel as a little outside of town - I had Rian walking through the countryside to get there, but it looks like it's just down the street from the Uni. And I had her looking at trees outside the kitchen window at Orrodel - I imagined it as a country estate with grounds. Do I need to go and fix things? Or can Orrodel still have trees - what's the scale?
No, problem, if Rian walked from the Red Herring to Orrodel, circling the East wall of the University, she could have stopped and sat in a tree in the Park on Amon Amrun. It is a big park on a hill, with an excellent view. You may change your old post a bit, if you so wish, but that is really unimportant.
As for trees in Orrodel I believe the green centre of the mansion may contain a garden. I should change the colour a bit, though. And it is an estate with its own stables etc. Perhaps I should work on Orrodel a bit.
The scalebar is a very good idea.

Earniel, the house is yours. I shall put the name on it quite soon.
Old 10-25-2005, 04:00 PM   #862
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

It doesn't say if the eye thing is elves or humans, or both, but going by the context, I would say it's talking about elves. Interesting tidbit, isn't it?!

I'm basing Rian's general sensitivity about Val's eyes on that bit, which I thought would fit in well with the story.

I imagine the elves don't go around evaluating who is a maiden and who isn't, but they could probably have a general good idea if they attempted it. But in general, they wouldn't be that interested in humans and their ... status , so they wouldn't worry about it.

Whew! Thank goodness for the park, or my poor tree-climbing elven maiden would not stay in town long!

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!

Last edited by Rían : 10-25-2005 at 04:01 PM.
Old 10-25-2005, 05:06 PM   #863
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Gollum

Rian & Serenoli, I must say - Rian, those 2 last posts are my favourites yet that you've done. I love the way you described how his eyes were bright as if with illness, and then Rian runs into her long-lost brother, QUITE interesting developments. And Serenoli, OOoooooo... another one of US has come to Tharbad? Goody goody! Great stuff, all, I'm lovin' it!

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Old 10-25-2005, 05:20 PM   #864
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

wotcha!
... boy, just finished a very rushed discussion project on the Muster of rohan ... not the best chapter but quite short luckily

heh, lotesse: I liked your post from the off!

Don't let no F****er ever restrict your writing or creativity! (btw all i mean that in a very generalised way so no one take no offence)

glad you are back, best BB.

gotta go take a break fer a bit ... get a smoke, see you guys later!
Old 10-25-2005, 05:44 PM   #865
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

thanks, Lotesse - I always wanted a brother (tho I hear they're sometimes not all they're cracked up to be!) so I wrote myself one

I hope your computer situation gets better soon!

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Old 10-25-2005, 05:49 PM   #866
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

BB, will you, please, put the links to the new maps of Tharbad into the Street?

1.Tharbad - Centre
http://photobucket.com/albums/a337/G...=TharbCen1.jpg

2.In the link to the main Tharbad map please change from Tharbad5.jpg to Tharbad6.jpg

3.The "Reception" map (showing the Reception Building) is old now, take it down, please.
Thanks,
The cartographer
Old 10-25-2005, 06:14 PM   #867
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

wotcha mysterious Cartographer .... come on it's really Rian isn't it?

talking of mystery ... i can only think of three people who the newcomer (from serenoli) may be ... two are nazgul and the third is the landlord of the Red Herring! ... yet who knows?

have updated the city centre map ... have left the table plan as it is in a temporary maps section with dates added ... it can serve as a reference for our readers without causing any problems ...

er ...hang on is that the reception map you refer to to MC?

Rian: better and better: the elf eyes of the soul! Good to see you developing and shaping your own RPG stories ... AHHH! i thought it may be Alagos ... and heh! Brothers are the best! ... i should know .. i am one!

Good stuff there Serenoli ... liked how Jas ran off and then realised he didn't know what he would say! ... so a mysteriously black-clad stranger eh?

Last edited by Butterbeer : 10-25-2005 at 06:18 PM.
Old 10-25-2005, 06:54 PM   #868
Rían

thanks, BB - yes, I decided I better get some stories going for Rian because obviously she won't be in cahoots with the Nazzies!

Serenoli - very nice post - I like how you're developing Jas - and I hope to meet the newest Nazgul soon

Old 10-25-2005, 07:02 PM   #869
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterbeer
wotcha mysterious Cartographer .... come on it's really Rian isn't it?

have updated the city centre map ... have left the table plan as it is in a temporary maps section with dates added ... it can serve as a reference for our readers without causing any problems ...

er ...hang on is that the reception map you refer to to MC?
Don't name the Evil Cartographer!

I am sorry, I was not precise enough. I meant:
To put the new one Tarbad Centre, which you did successfully INFO #3, no. 1.
_________
To take away this one in INFO #3:

3. a close up view of the main uni buidling
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a...-Dis/Recept.jpg

This building was re-made and re-positioned. It is now in the new Tarbad Centre map.

And, instead of No.3 put this Tharbad Map - showing all of Tharbad.
http://photobucket.com/albums/a337/G...t=Tharbad7.jpg

As for the table layout plan, it may stay for records!

Thanks, BB!
Old 10-25-2005, 07:15 PM   #870
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Those maps are extremely helpful. Thanks so much, Gordis, for doing them for us! That first one isn't working, though, th one of 'close up view of the main uni,' it says page not found or whatever. I LOVE this new improved Tharbad map.

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Old 10-25-2005, 07:48 PM   #871
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Thank you, Lotesse. It takes a long time, but I like it.

The third one was not yet updated by BB. Use the last reference in my previous post in this thread, just above yours.
Old 10-25-2005, 08:03 PM   #872
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

tis done ... heh, i like that the wine cellar is so near the professor's quarters!

well, im off to bed will try and post tommorow.

Great map! Thanks gor for your hard work: can't help thinking the city should be larger though...

will come up with an idea where the watch HQ should be ... then there's the Singing Swan .... and maybe gw's den ...

enough to keep the masked cartographer busy!

Who is this masked mysterious cartographer???? For some reason i keep thinking of Zorro and catherine zeta jones ...

Night all!
Old 10-25-2005, 08:13 PM   #873
Rían

thanks, Gordis, that really helps! That must have been a lot of work - thanks for your time

Could you please explain why there's an Orrodel mansion, and then an Orrodel to the right of the mansion? Is Orrodel an area of the town, too, as well as the name of the principle house in that area?

(ps - I just love the flower in your avvy!)

Last edited by Rían : 10-25-2005 at 08:14 PM.
Old 10-26-2005, 04:52 AM   #874
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

yep, i beleive there is an area called Orrodel too.

Regarding Gor's flower ... would you be suprised to learn that over the last three years in Tharbad, The Morgul Lord and chief Nazgul has become fascinated with marrow growing? He may have (according to certain rumours) taken to secretly growing marrows .... at any rate he is developing the northern fascination with horticulture, and especially marrows.

If you recall boomerang alighting on one of his shelves during the interviews? He rested on an open book, open to the page or chapter on marrow growing.

Did i mention marrows?

BTW that reminds me: it looks like LCOU's last brief appearance was, er... brief.

Now that's just semi-canon background information (about the marrows) and not nessecarily relevant to Gor's character here, that of course is gor's call: but did you notice no marrows were harmed or served during the banquet?

Makes you think don't it?

Ahem ... well, i have had me first 2 coffees and guess my day had better start in a more serious vein now .... back to work ... but i've a feeling i'll be thinking of marrows all day, now!
Old 10-26-2005, 12:32 PM   #875
Rían

Marrows, hmm?

Reminds me of Agatha Christie's Hercule Poirot!

C'mon, someone else post on the rpg - I don't want three posts in a row! I don't want you guys to think I'm a spammer or anything! *covers up post count*

Old 10-26-2005, 12:32 PM   #876
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

What the hell is a marrow? *expects to be pummelled* Anyhows...Thanks for the map! Makes things much easier *begins to search map for a suitable park*
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
Old 10-26-2005, 12:34 PM   #877
Rían

It's a Brit term for squashes (the veggies). Also, of course, the inside part of the bones, which makes it suitably creepy for the Chancellor ...

Old 10-26-2005, 12:36 PM   #878
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

The second one was what I was thinking. "How the hell would he grow MARROW?" And, yeah, I am waiting for lotesse to to post being ready for the race.
Old 10-26-2005, 01:37 PM   #879
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

I am happy you liked my map.

Marrow
I thought it were only me...I admit I had to make a Google search for "marrow". Now I know what it is. Very beautiful pics at google.images
How enlightening!

Next time you gonna joke, BB, choose something simpler, like cabbages, or questionable shape carrots...

WHERE IS OUR KHAMUL???
Old 10-26-2005, 02:53 PM   #880
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Off in undead dreams perhaps? I'm pretty pooped meself.
Closed Thread