Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2003, 02:50 PM   #861
Willow Oran
Deus Ex Machina

(looks guilty) Probably, but I'd been planning that beginning scene for the last couple weeks it was driving me crazy having to wait to post it. You guys can take your time responding if you like, but I had to get that safely posted and off my mind.
Tough Guide To FantasyLand

...it's not much of a show if somebody doesn't suffer, and preferably at length. Suffering is beautiful in any case, and so is anguish; but as for loathing, and bitterness... I don't think they belong on the stage at all.

- Isabella, I Gelosi
Old 04-08-2003, 08:38 PM   #862
Fred Baggins
Belladona Gamgee of the night sky

Location: second star to the right and straight on till morning.
May I join? I'm a new Roleplayer, but I will try not to annoy you. O wait...that's impossible...rephrase that...I will try to roleplay correctly. I've read parts of the past TLA's and though them pretty good, but I'm afraid I would need a bit of coaching on what's going on. That is if I can join...
Pacha:Most likely.
Cusco:Bring it on.
~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`
Yes, I'm female. Fred Baggins is my NICKNAME!
"The reason of the unreasonable treatment of my reason so enfeebles my reason, that with reason I complain of your beauty."~Don Quixote
"Once upon a time there was a magical land where it never rained. The End."~from the movie 'Holes'
()_))_Crayola_))_>
Old 04-08-2003, 08:59 PM   #863
Claenoic
Queen of Prolonged, Unexplained Absences

Sure, go ahead! All we ask is that you follow Moot rules and that you check your grammar before you "send" your post. We'll need to squish you in lke we did with Human and WiseWizard, but it shouldn't be a problem.

FREAK RAIN!!!!!!!! O.o

Queen of prolonged unexplained absences and long, loooong car rides.

Well, hullo everyone. As you can see, I don't hang out here muchly anymore. There's a good reason for this. Y'see, I've been hanging out at a different chatboard called Cardboardia. So far, I've been havin' a blast. Not that I don't love the TLA, but the magic of Entmoot is lost on me. So, as soon as TLA ends, so will my existance here, probably.

Who knows though? I might stay. Highly unlikely however. This is a good bye in advance, then. Unless you want to join me and my group of friends at Cardboardia.

Cheers!
Old 04-08-2003, 09:15 PM   #864
Renille
Elven Lady of Speed-posting

Well I thought the first post was CUTE! But,yes...we probably do need an eensy bit more planning. Oh well...I can't WAIT! Welcome,Fred! There is one tiny rule... HAVE FUN! And be funny! Funniness is key to this RPG! Welcome and have fun!
(from Seussical the Musical. Listen to it...watch it...really.)
Old 04-08-2003, 11:44 PM   #865
Christiana
Elf Lord

Location: Searching desperately for a swan boat to take to Valinor
NQ, I read the Sil, UT, LT1,LT2 when i was 11!

Having someone to blame is nearly as good as having a solution to the problem

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you habe their shoes. ~Frieda Norris
Old 04-09-2003, 02:09 AM   #866
Willow Oran
Deus Ex Machina

I'm glad you liked it Renille. I suppose I should have waited a little longer but... I just couldn't! Um... yeah, Fred, you can join but please remember these ground rules for the role play:

Try and keep your spelling and grammer as good as you possibly can.

Be as funny and insane as you like but do it in a way that keeps the plot moving.

Make sure your posts don't break up the flow of the story.

Try and keep people in character, most of the characters involved in TLA have had plenty of time to develop definite characterizations and it would be nice if we kept those continueous.

And have fun.

I believe that's about all, the others might have more to add but that's up to them.

...it's not much of a show if somebody doesn't suffer, and preferably at length. Suffering is beautiful in any case, and so is anguish; but as for loathing, and bitterness... I don't think they belong on the stage at all.

- Isabella, I Gelosi
Old 04-09-2003, 10:15 AM   #867
Fred Baggins
Belladona Gamgee of the night sky

Location: second star to the right and straight on till morning.
*salutes* I will do my best!
Pacha:Most likely.
Cusco:Bring it on.
Yes, I'm female. Fred Baggins is my NICKNAME!
"The reason of the unreasonable treatment of my reason so enfeebles my reason, that with reason I complain of your beauty."~Don Quixote
"Once upon a time there was a magical land where it never rained. The End."~from the movie 'Holes'
()_))_Crayola_))_>
Old 04-09-2003, 10:46 AM   #868
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

You're welcome Fred. I see that you've read some parts of our previous games, which is good so you'll know more or less how we usually play and it'll be easier to follow us. It's my advice to all the people who wish to join us in the TLA to read both our previous games being the 'Tolkien Lovers Anonymous' and 'the return of the TLA'.

Don't worry Willow, your swift beginning of the third TLA-game just caught me a bit off guard.

And now people we need less chitchat and more planning. Brain storm, people! *gets several pieces of furniture thrown at her for being bossy* Anyway.... there seems to be enough Silmarillion knowledge present so I don't think that'll be much of a problem.

Now, how to start.... Willow, I'm afraid I didn't entirely got it: are we actually going to Middle-earth in the first/second eara or are we just telling the story? If we're actually going we'll have to take Miriam with us. (the poor woman! I can't understand she still wants us as patients. ) Or are we telling her the story of the creation of the world (as you've started already) and then use to the timemachine to hurl us to the first age? What were your intentions and what are the preferences of the other TLA'ers on this?

Personally I like the idea of telling the creation of the world (in TLA-fashion of course) and then going there in the timemachine. That way we don't have to take Ainur- characters since it'd be difficult to keep them through the entire sillymarillion. So in this way we'd all be narrators without a fixed character but not for the entire game. Because at the point when the world is finally created and the elves wake from their nap we can conclude the narrative and take Miriam and ourselves on a trip to the first age with our own characters. That way we'd leave ourselves the choice to keep our own already established TLA-characters or make a new one up (for the newcomers) but it also leaves room for those who really want to claim a valar-role and TLA-ify it. Other existing characters would become common characters such as Elrond and the deaf penguin have been in the previous games.

That leaves only the place and time where and when we land to decide on. I'd propose to keep everything that happens before the wakening of the elves in the narrative. It would mean that we'd land at lake Cuivienen because that's where the action actually starts. Or we'd could just land in Valinor after the elves have already settled. I suppose it would be more entertaining to play to start out in Valinor since you skip the long road to Aman though it's but a detail.

NOW... I want opinions, critic and suggestions. Or am I making it a tad too difficult?
Old 04-09-2003, 11:33 AM   #869
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

Since I just posted as Finrod in Valinor, I'd say have you tell the story of the creation, and immigration etc. You can tell Miriam the that story up to just before Feanor makes the Silmarils and in the parralell universe/time I will try to figure out what is going on with this hunk of metal and weird looking guy, while you are telling the story. And then when you arrive you'll follow the rebellion of the Noldor to Middle Earth.

I'm thinking that by the end of this TLA 3, Finrod can have had a breakdown due to the TLA, etc. and go into his Finrollum form. And find the cell phone at the end of it too. Oh yeah, we need a Feanor, someone who won't be a main character (because he dies near the beginning), I can play him if no one else will.

Ohe yeah, I'd like copies of both TLAs if at all possible, can someone give me a link to the original one?

Last edited by Finrod Felagund : 04-09-2003 at 11:34 AM.
Old 04-09-2003, 12:02 PM   #870
Renille
Elven Lady of Speed-posting

Tolkien Lover's Anonymous uno

Here is the original site, Finrod. And by the way, everyone, forgive me if I'm a bit off plot...I don't own the Sil, and I haven't read it for a year now. I'll do the best I can until I get a job so I can buy my own copy!
(from Seussical the Musical. Listen to it...watch it...really.)
Old 04-09-2003, 02:50 PM   #871
Elf Girl
Lurker

I was kind of planning to be Olorin, but get kicked out of Valinor by Manwe for being annoying so I can come with you guys. Sound okay?
Old 04-09-2003, 03:26 PM   #872
Willow Oran
Deus Ex Machina

Oh dear, You didn't understand the first post, right then, basically we went to middle earth to witness the creation etc. and the reason we are going is because we are trying to stop this weird guy who made his own time machine and used it to go to middle earth. All we know is that he and his time machine which is filled with gadgets from our world which we don't want in middle earth landed someplace during the first or second ages. By going through the story from the beginning we're teaching Miriam about Middle Earth's history, we're attempting to find and stop the time machine guy and we're trying out Miriam's suggestion of how to break the curse that's leftover from Return of TLA. Does that make any sense at all?

- Isabella, I Gelosi
Old 04-09-2003, 03:34 PM   #873
Elf Girl
Lurker

Yes, lots.

But is there any way I can still be Olorin? *puppy dog eyes*
Old 04-09-2003, 04:25 PM   #874
Earniel

Oh now I think I get it. (sorry for being so incredibly dense, low on chocolate I guess) So we already are at the beginning of the creation of the world? And Finrod is a wee bit in the future (from our point of view at the beginning of the world) in Valinor where the guy with all his gadgets has landed? In that case *just* forget my previous ramblings.

Well that makes sense... I think.... time travel always confuses me. Well, now that I think I have it, I must say I like the idea.

On a confusing sidenote: Since we are going back in time we'll be in Middle-earth before the curse was cast. So basically you would be able to walk Middle earth in your true body. Or has has the curse a backdating quality? *sigh* You know, one day time travel will be the death of me.

I see no reason why you can't be Olorin, I mean Gandalf IS Olorin. (I hope that wasn't a spoiler to anyone)

*suddenly sees through the plot* Oh I get it! though I'm not going to spill it, wouldn't want to ruin it.
Old 04-09-2003, 08:00 PM   #875
Fimbrethil
My microwave speaks to me

Location: Having conversations with my major household appliances.
Oh no...maybe I should have read this before posting on the TLA 3. *begges forgiveness* UMMMMM...well would it be possible for me alter the books just a tad? If it is I'm gonna go ahead put my altering of the books in here and if its not disregard my first and I will make another better one. Anyways...Okay the ents are already there and they have left their gardens and the gardens are all brown and dead by now. Fimbrethil and her kind have gone to Valinor to be with Kementari and since I can be rather confusing and make no sense at all I thought hey why can't my character be like me! Anyway I have to go now and see why people are no longer posting on my rpg BYE!
Yes sir, yes sir. Three bags full.

I'll be gone for a while. But never fear! "I shall return anon!"
Old 04-09-2003, 08:07 PM   #876
Claenoic
Queen of Prolonged, Unexplained Absences

Oh!!! So we'll be a bit like... the Protectors of the Plot Continuum!! (Owned and run by Jay and Acacia (Mary-Sue Department, briefly Bad Crossovers Department)

FREAK RAIN!!!!!!!! O.o

Queen of prolonged unexplained absences and long, loooong car rides.

Well, hullo everyone. As you can see, I don't hang out here muchly anymore. There's a good reason for this. Y'see, I've been hanging out at a different chatboard called Cardboardia. So far, I've been havin' a blast. Not that I don't love the TLA, but the magic of Entmoot is lost on me. So, as soon as TLA ends, so will my existance here, probably.

Who knows though? I might stay. Highly unlikely however. This is a good bye in advance, then. Unless you want to join me and my group of friends at Cardboardia.

Cheers!
Old 04-09-2003, 11:00 PM   #877
Human#3.141592653
Elven Warrior

YES! PPC! I love those dudes!

Anyway, I just posted and continued off of Maggie's post, cause she's at me house, and I had a funny idea...any way, we are going to be catching up to where every body else is at the moment...eventually, so just hold on to your pants, (Please, hold on to you pants!) and wait. Or post!

Oh! And Maggie asked me to ask Eärniel what she saw when she "saw throught the plot." Me and Maggie looked at each other and siad: "Plot? What plot?!" If you think you know whose breaking the curse...then...well, that's just Maggie for you...
Old 04-10-2003, 12:35 AM   #878
Christiana
Elf Lord

Location: Searching desperately for a swan boat to take to Valinor
IM DONE WITH THE MOST ANNOYING PLAY OF THE CENTURY!!!!!!WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Having someone to blame is nearly as good as having a solution to the problem

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you habe their shoes. ~Frieda Norris
Old 04-10-2003, 05:26 AM   #879
Nazgûl Queen
Elven Warrior

Who IS this other Acacia? *is very curious* Considering I'm the only Acacia I've ever known...

The Nazgûl Queen she was, the Ringwraith, the enemy's most terrible servant; darkness went with her and she cried with the voices of death.

Can be found loitering at Fantasy Essentials or her livejournal...
Old 04-10-2003, 08:28 AM   #880
Earniel

Quote:
Originally posted by Human#3.141592653
If you think you know whose breaking the curse...then...well, that's just Maggie for you...
Indeed I had come to that conclusion also.