Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2006, 04:11 AM   #841
Rev. Justin Timberlake
Andúril the White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterbeer
heart warming really!

Did you enjoy writing it?
It was a multi-faceted experience. On the one hand, I was forcing myself to relive that traumatising event. On the other, it was a chance (as there was motivation) to be creative and irreverent and I thoroughly enjoy that when it happens a few times a year. Coupled with the logistics of sitting and writing it all on a phone that likes to “restart in order to improve performance” at a whim, I'd say it was a very....interesting time.
Quote:
Yeah cool and funny story - maybe she was a pigeon whore? Or a pigeon jezebel?

Maybe you inadvertantly ruined ... RUINED! their pigeon S&M session???

I don't know. I mean, they were pecking pretty hard at her head. And besides, none of them were wearing leather masks or ball gags.

*imagines pigeon with ball gag*

Maybe they enjoyed it when I tried to hit (whip? WHIP!!) them with that network cable? The theory is not without merit.
Old 03-19-2006, 04:13 AM   #842
trolls' bane
Entmoot Secretary of the Treasury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev. Justin Timberlake
Yup. I was watching a very boring movie when inspiration struck and I grabbed my phone. Hadn't planned on it being so long though.
Well, when I tried mooting on a cell phone, it ended up where the
text
was so
divided
this
that I
had
trouble
reading
it...,
much less trying to sing in and figure out how to move from option to option.
Old 03-19-2006, 10:59 PM   #843
Curubethion
Fenway Ranger, Lord of Red Sox Nation

Grr...I played chicken with an eBay auction-and lost.
And now I'm playing chicken with another auction!
My wife once said to me—when I'd been writing for ten or fifteen years—that I could always go back to being a nuclear engineer. And I said to her, 'Harriet, would you let someone who quit his job to go write fantasy anywhere near your nuclear reactor? I wouldn't!' (Robert Jordan)
Old 03-20-2006, 11:25 AM   #844
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Vent - I'm so tired of people taking potshots and of giving me motives that are so totally the farthest thing from my mind

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Old 03-20-2006, 03:51 PM   #845
BeardofPants
the Shrike

*huggles sharon
You're bigger than them, don't let it get you down.

Vent: work. Got to the stage where I have now lodged a formal complaint against 2 of the work bullies. Should be fun. Ugh.
Old 03-22-2006, 03:49 PM   #846
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

thanks, A! I'll keep trying ...

Sorry about those work bullies - I can't stand bullies! One of my girlfriend's kids has been having a terrible time for several years now. They're going to transfer him. They've given the administration a LONG time to deal with it and they just aren't.

EDIT - speaking of venting - how are your medical insurance issues? Mine have actually been pretty good lately - my son is getting his ear surgery on April 10th, and it went right through without any fighting. How are your issues?

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Last edited by Rían : 03-22-2006 at 04:07 PM.
Old 03-24-2006, 03:31 AM   #847
BeardofPants
the Shrike

My kidneys have been given the all-clear. Thanks for asking. There was a cyst, but apparently those are normal.

BF has processed the medical insurance so it's all good considering I'm out of pocket for about $1000.00 due to the kidneys (I'm not sure what costs are like in the US, but in NZ, that's a lot of money to throw at the doctors).
Old 03-24-2006, 03:45 AM   #848
Rev. Justin Timberlake
Andúril the White

I have to use a 5kg dumbell for my bicep curls and tricep extensions, and even then it hurts. Also, I did 50 pushups this morning. Not proper pushups. Girly pushups.
Old 03-24-2006, 01:59 PM   #849
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

Boy I can relate to medical costs. Had a test a couple of months ago and the bill comes in at 4k; fortunately my share was only $400 but still I had to lift couch cushions for that money
Old 03-24-2006, 02:05 PM   #850
BeardofPants
the Shrike

You have $400 in the couch? *lol* Perhaps I shoulda checked MY couch cushions as well.
Makes you wonder how they justify these costs, don't it? 'Course, I *did* go private, so maybe that's it.
Hope your tests turned out okay.
Old 03-24-2006, 04:01 PM   #851
Rían

Glad to hear the kidneys are ok, and 1k isn't anything to sneeze at here, either!

If you're truly interested in racking up doctor bills, then just have a kid that has to spend time in the NICU (neonatal ICU) - amazing daily rate but they're certainly very skilled.

Hope you're ok, Spock

Old 03-24-2006, 09:34 PM   #852
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Russia is a bit spooky. The country is becoming more and more authoritarian, works with China to prevent Iran being referred to the Security Council, and it now turns out that the country offered intelligence information to Saddam Hussein to help him against the US.

It's just rather spooky. Here's the article about its support for Saddam:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/4843394.stm
If the world has indeed, as I have said, been built of sorrow, it has been built by the hands of love, because in no other way could the soul of man, for whom the world was made, reach the full stature of its perfection.

~Oscar Wilde, written from prison

Oscar Wilde's last words: "Either the wallpaper goes, or I do."
Old 03-24-2006, 09:48 PM   #853
trolls' bane

Vent: Started gymnastics in PE. It wasn't enough that it was extremely degrading...now I'm gonna be hurting all weekend.
Vent: I want to post something in that old teacher quote thread, which I have never posted in before, but I'm too lazy to look for it.
Old 03-24-2006, 09:50 PM   #854
trolls' bane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lief Erikson
Russia is a bit spooky. The country is becoming more and more authoritarian, works with China to prevent Iran being referred to the Security Council, and it now turns out that the country offered intelligence information to Saddam Hussein to help him against the US.

It's just rather spooky. Here's the article about its support for Saddam:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/4843394.stm
They never learn, do they? Frellin' Terrans.
*waits to see Fahrenheit 451 and Nineteen Eighty-Four on the banned book list, even in America, where the former was ironically censored repeatedly*
Old 03-24-2006, 09:56 PM   #855
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Ciao, Lief! I don't see much of you around here lately, good to see you. So, Russia being spooky is a vent? Actually, this what you bring up here about Russia sounds like an awesome new idea for a new discussion thread. Russians are kind of crazy, let me tell you I know a few lawless and "spooky" Russians. Cool, but crazy. For instance, you never wanna f**k with a Russian, there's no telling what he or she'll do. The heart, history and soul of the culture, the Russia of Russia, has been so damaged and has suffered such a great deal throughout this past century, especially and most notably from the hand of Stalin, but also from having all their history erased. When the iron curtain fell, nobody knew any truth about their history. No one had an identity; the Communist regime had quashed it en masse so badly. That did something awful to the group psyche, the heart of the bear as it were, and it'll be an awfully long time before that kind of long-term wound will ever really be able to heal right. In the meantime, corruption, organised crime, black-market arms dealing, russian mail-order briding, stuff like that is just picking up speed. It's like a wild west thing going on out there, except it's more like the Wild East.

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Old 03-24-2006, 09:59 PM   #856
Rían

but they have a literacy rate in the 90's, IIRC

*scurries off to check*

Old 03-24-2006, 09:59 PM   #857
trolls' bane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotesse
Ciao, Lief! I don't see much of you around here lately, good to see you. So, Russia being spooky is a vent? Actually, this what you bring up here about Russia sounds like an awesome new idea for a new discussion thread. Russians are kind of crazy, let me tell you I know a few lawless and "spooky" Russians. Cool, but crazy. For instance, you never wanna f**k with a Russian, there's no telling what he or she'll do. The heart, history and soul of the culture, the Russia of Russia, has been so damaged and has suffered such a great deal throughout this past century, especially and most notably from the hand of Stalin, but also from having all their history erased. When the iron curtain fell, nobody knew any truth about their history. No one had an identity; the Communist regime had quashed it en masse so badly. That did something awful to the group psyche, the heart of the bear as it were, and it'll be an awfully long time before that kind of long-term wound will ever really be able to heal right. In the meantime, corruption, organised crime, black-market arms dealing, russian mail-order briding, stuff like that is just picking up speed. It's like a wild west thing going on out there, except it's more like the Wild East.
Yep! *thinks of Maya Toitovna, then of Arkday Bogdanov* Definitely.
Old 03-24-2006, 10:03 PM   #858
ElvenLover
Elven Warrior

Location: I'm living in the only place teenagers are neither adults nor children, where we are free from the expectations of the world. This place is the insanity of our minds.
Have you ever had one of those days that seemed like it was going to go so well then it all just blew up in your face? I had one of those. I was at an Army Formal Inspection (AFI) and my company decided that they were going to have five different people fall out onto the floor during the inspection. Then I had to see one of my best friends fall out and smack his face on the floor because he locked his knees while on color guard. Then our company lost the best company contest and the best squad contest to Alpha Company. Very upsetting when coming from a previous victory. Then everyone decided to get up in my face about losing when it wasn't even that big of a deal at the time. That is what really made me ticked.
Anyone know what I mean?

I'VE GOT A LOVELY BUNCH OF COCONUTS,
THERE THEY ARE ALL STANDING IN A ROW.
BIG ONES, SMALL ONES, SOME AS BIG AS YOUR HEAD,
GIVE THEM A TWIST, A FLICK OF THE WRIST,
THAT'S WHAT THE SHOWMAN SAID.

ROLL-A-BOWL-A-BALL,
A PENNY A PITCH.
ROLL-A-BOWL-A-BALL,
A PENNY A PITCH.
ROLL-A-BOWL-A-BALL,
ROLL-A-BOWL-A-BALL,
SINGING ROLL-A-BOWL-A-BALL,
A PENNY A PITCH!
Old 03-24-2006, 10:10 PM   #859
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

No, I don't, but this is AWESOME news - you're a soldier, ElvenLover?? That is so, so very cool, that's the bomb, for real! I love soldiers so much! We have another soldier here, Beor, he comes around every now & then. He's in Iraq right now. But how cool is this to have another soldier here at Entmoot! Welcome, welcome, ElvenLover!

edit - O.K. I just checked, and you're still too young to be a soldier, but a soldier-to-be is getting there! Is this high school ROTC you're talking about here?

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Last edited by Lotesse : 03-24-2006 at 10:14 PM.
Old 03-24-2006, 10:35 PM   #860
trolls' bane

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElvenLover
Have you ever had one of those days that seemed like it was going to go so well then it all just blew up in your face? I had one of those. I was at an Army Formal Inspection (AFI) and my company decided that they were going to have five different people fall out onto the floor during the inspection. Then I had to see one of my best friends fall out and smack his face on the floor because he locked his knees while on color guard. Then our company lost the best company contest and the best squad contest to Alpha Company. Very upsetting when coming from a previous victory. Then everyone decided to get up in my face about losing when it wasn't even that big of a deal at the time. That is what really made me ticked.
Anyone know what I mean?
Yep. Been there, done that, though not necessarily in the same sense.
I don't ever want to be a soldier! To tell you the truth, no one should HAVE to be. I am not the fighting type, and I definitely couldn't kill anyone, probably not even if my life depended on it. Drafts ought to be illeagal, too, and I say this even though I can never be drafted (thank God! And my mom) because I'm an only child. I tried creating an imperial character on SWG, and it always ends up where my characters politeness (on my part) gets the better of me and makes me decide to make him a rebel.
Closed Thread