Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2005, 05:48 PM   #841
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Thank you, Udu. Now the story is continuous again.

TD will decide what to reply, whether Khamul will want to teach the "rats in the trap" manners, or not.

And Viv can make her appearance and speech.
Old 10-24-2005, 05:52 PM   #842
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Val, I have posted about "our" dance. If I went too far, I am ready to edit!
Old 10-24-2005, 06:28 PM   #843
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Vivvie has no intention of making a speech. In fact, she wishes not even to go home to Orrodel tonight; she senses that she'll be an unneccesary and maybe even dangerous presence there. What is she going to do - try and reason with a grip of freaked out Nazgul? No thanks. If she goes there, she'll just complicate things, and possibly endanger herself. So, Viv will spend this evening out riding and kicking it with Lomi, maybe she'll even pop into one of the nicer taverns and meet some locals or something. Maybe she and Laslech can run into the wolves, and then she can be introduced to the local wolf pack - that'll come in handy later on, surely. Nazgul really don't need to sleep, I guess. Who knows what she'll do. Right now, I really don't feel like posting anything at all for a while; it tossed me up dumping my post yesterday, after all the time & thought I put into it and no one caring for it, so my heart's not really into interacting for the time being.

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Old 10-24-2005, 07:16 PM   #844
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Viv's plans are entirely up to you, Lotesse.

NOBODY asked you to dump your entire post, only the last paragraph of it.

I am sorry that you are upset. If you will not be posting for a while, we shall miss you very much.
Old 10-24-2005, 10:13 PM   #845
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordis
Val, I have posted about "our" dance. If I went too far, I am ready to edit!
No, no... if you were a guy, you'd be VERY smoooooth! I was takin' notes!

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Ñ á ë ?* ó ú é ä ï ö Ö ñ É Þ ð ß ® ™

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Splitting Threads is SUCH Hard Work!!
Old 10-24-2005, 10:15 PM   #846
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RÃ*an
*rereads Val's post*

Oh, yeah - hmm, it's unclear if he meant Eärniel was following RÃ*an, or if Eärniel just wanted to go back to the garden (maybe to check out the fountain again?), or if she was following someone else... Eärniel and Val - I'll leave it up to you - I'll have RÃ*an wait in the garden a bit.
Oh - I thought you had left Rian in the garden - so I figured Earniel would see her go there and follow - but really, I should leave that to you two, since you're the ones most involved.

But it allowed me to have her break off in mid-dance, thus adding to the bit of angst we have going here!

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Ñ á ë ?* ó ú é ä ï ö Ö ñ É Þ ð ß ® ™

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Splitting Threads is SUCH Hard Work!!
Old 10-24-2005, 10:44 PM   #847
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

oh, OK - that's fine - I just didn't know what you had in mind for Earniel and what she was looking at - if it was Rian or not - and if you two had already worked out what she saw.

Angst is good!

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Old 10-25-2005, 09:06 AM   #848
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valandil
No, no... if you were a guy, you'd be VERY smoooooth! I was takin' notes!
I hope the High King is not growing addicted to the infamous Potion Number Nine? If he is, better marry someone who knows how to prepare it!

Earniel, very interesting post. Really, how could poor Aiwendis know that the elves will come sniffing around her fountain?

TD, Are you there? For good or for ill, the latest developments left Khamul facing the three lesser nazgul swords in hands. Now you have your RATS in the TRAP. Please, post if you are able!
Old 10-25-2005, 09:19 AM   #849
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Quote:
Really, how could poor Aiwendis know that the elves will come sniffing around her fountain?
Alas, she could not. But when you have a Sea-Elf entering your university, who is also a member of the House of Fountains from Gondolin, be prepared to have your fountains minutely inspected!
Old 10-25-2005, 11:11 AM   #850
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

What an awesome post, Serenoli! I am most intrigued.

"Is it one of my brethern?" askes Aiwendis
"Is it another one of my worthless minions? askes the Morgul Lord

We HOPE it is!
Old 10-25-2005, 12:25 PM   #851
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Woot, another Nazgul! There ought to be more...
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
Old 10-25-2005, 12:57 PM   #852
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Serenoli, if it is indeed another nazgul, he has two options:

1. To come into the Reception Hall, but that could be awkward (unless you wish to - if so, I have no objections).

2. Or get into the Palace garden and wait for the Chancellor there, observing the palace.

Note that the tipsy Jas has given the stranger wrong directions: if he turns left at the next corner, he will see the palace on his right, indeed, but it will be on the other side of the wall, and there is no gate on this side. The new nazgul may climb the wall, of course (possibly frightening Earniel and Rian in the process), ot return to the main street, walk around the Reception Hall and go through the little gate at the right of the Reception.

If he is in the garden, he will meet the Chancellor on his way to the Palace. Or, if he prefers to be more discreet, he may wait longer, the Chancellor and Aiwendis will be passing through again, going to Orrodel

All is up to you!

And at least, please, tell us, WHO is it?
Old 10-25-2005, 01:14 PM   #853
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Hi, ALL

The one in charge of maps wishes to inform all the players that another, more detailed, MAP of the central part of Tharbad got made.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a3...s/TharbCen.jpg

Now all the buildings of the Uni are assigned; more detailed info on different character's dwelling places is provided.

Note the Governor's Palace on Menetar street and Ray's house not far from it (west of the map).
Please, Shah, have a look if you like the location: you have a nice view on the canal. MM's, if you may need them, are not far. The stables are close as well, which should be more important for you.

Serenoli, Where does Jas live? Near Bumble, in the Palace, or somewhere in his Wine department?

Earniel, please, where do you want your house?

Has anyone or anything been forgotten???

The Nameless Cartographer
Old 10-25-2005, 01:29 PM   #854
Lady Marion Magdalena
Elf Lord

Thank you oh Nameless Cartographer!
"Because it is my name! Because I cannot have another in my life! Because I lie and sign myself to lies! Because I am not worth the dust on the feet them that hang! How may I live without my name? I have given you my soul; Leave me my name!"

- The Crucible

"nolite hippopotamum vexare!"
Old 10-25-2005, 01:42 PM   #855
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Hmm....I wonder, are there any parks in Tharbad? Yay! My house was added! Thank you oh great one!
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
Old 10-25-2005, 02:00 PM   #856
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Glad you liked the map.

Parks: there is one on the Amrun Hill around the Art Museum, East side of the map. You see but a part of it.

When the Central Tharbad is settled and agreed upon, The Nameless Cartographer will make changes in the main big map.
Old 10-25-2005, 03:04 PM   #857
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valandil
* OOC EDIT: Please note that I have added King Valandil's height to his bio in the Formal Information Thread.
Following the High King's lead, I also added the Chancellor's and Aiwendis's height in the INFO thread. What a team of basketball players!
Old 10-25-2005, 03:09 PM   #858
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Quote:
Earniel, please, where do you want your house?
Ah, I didn't want to bother you with it before because you keep having to update the map and it really isn't that important. But one of the little green squares on the other side of the canal from Ray's house will do nicely. Sea Elf + water = squeee!
Old 10-25-2005, 03:25 PM   #859
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

thanks for doing those maps, Gor, but they scare me! I'm geographically challenged

Someone set me right if I make a wrong turn, or take an hour to walk to a place that should only take 5 minutes

Re my most recent post (#370) : Thanks to Eärniel for the expression "not the sharpest tool in the shed" I loved it when you used it in your PM! And the quoted reference about the eyes is from HoME 10, Morgoth's Ring, Laws and Customs among the Eldar.

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Last edited by Rían : 10-25-2005 at 03:30 PM.
Old 10-25-2005, 03:29 PM   #860
Rían

OK, I looked at the map, and I already see a problem with my posts - I always thought of Orrodel as a little outside of town - I had Rian walking through the countryside to get there, but it looks like it's just down the street from the Uni. And I had her looking at trees outside the kitchen window at Orrodel - I imagined it as a country estate with grounds. Do I need to go and fix things? Or can Orrodel still have trees - what's the scale?

Closed Thread