Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2006, 10:44 PM   #841
Elanor's Angel
Elf Lord

Location: Hiding under my bed reading LOTR at 1:43am, Middle earth (Seattle WA)
Why are you in China? *curious*

Vote Trolls' Bane/Elanor's Angel 2008!!!
Old 03-19-2006, 10:48 PM   #842
Farimir Captain of Gondor
Spaceman Spiff

Location: In the belly of a Firefly, living in Serenity is where you'll find me
Congrats Merry. I'm now approching 500 myself, still need to come up with a title though. I think i'll let my moot buddies pick one for me. you can't very well pick your own nickname, now can ya.

*feels something in the air and sees an owl perched on the window seal*

TESSA! The cafe now feels like home again. Welcome back.
Old 03-19-2006, 10:52 PM   #843
Elanor's Angel
Elf Lord

Hmmm....a name.... *thinks* you should have a contest....

Old 03-19-2006, 10:58 PM   #844
trolls' bane
Entmoot Secretary of the Treasury

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElvenLover
Alrighty everyone that happens to read this post, I am about to ask something really random and possibly very stupid. But...Here it goes.

What is the point of the Teacup Cafe? I might be asking something that is generally understood in the Entmoot, but I am new and am still trying to get the hang of this. I was looking for a place to park a post and stumbled upon the Cafe. Now all I am wondering is it's purpose of being here.

Please forgive my ignorance.
(I really can't help it though. I mean, I am trying to survive high school at the moment. <- is what it does to me.)
Welcome! Yeah, pretty much whatever they said, but as to the randomness (almost typed ransomness! ) part, I beleive that the only off-topic posts are posts that blatantly and obviously belong in another thread. For example, you wouldn't start a major discussion on the Ent's involvement in the murder of Gil-Galad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elanor's Angel
Anyhoo... I was supposed to meet someone.... Hiya!
Who? *looks around for any shady-looking visitors that are hanging in corner tables amidst the shadows or hooded black things with screechy voices that walk around as though their boots are full of lead*
Jibber a lot? Not really. People would say that of me, but it's not true. I'm not making all of this up, ya know!

Like to take pics, Lotesse? You shoulda counted me among the photographers! I was thinking of selling (donating, actually) any potentially good pictures once I get them developed to The Living Desert.
Actually, you were correct in placing me off the list. I am not a photographer until I know my pictures are any good. I'll have them developed soon. Stay tuned!
Nice av!
Old 03-19-2006, 11:05 PM   #845
Elanor's Angel
Elf Lord

ooh, speaking of photography- I took a class on it last summer and LOVED it. But I had'nt tried it back in may when I was sighing up for classes and not I'm stuck in pottery... (I have nothing aginst pottery, i kinda like it, but the class is filled with kids looking for an easy A, so it takes all of the fun out of it....) I plan on takeing it next year.
And I was told at some point (forgive me) that there was someone I should meet.... I can't remember who though and i don't want to read through all of the threads to find it..... Sorry....

Old 03-19-2006, 11:09 PM   #846
trolls' bane

Quote:
ooh, speaking of photography- I took a class on it last summer and LOVED it. But I had'nt tried it back in may when I was sighing up for classes and not I'm stuck in pottery... (I have nothing aginst pottery, i kinda like it, but the class is filled with kids looking for an easy A, so it takes all of the fun out of it....) I plan on takeing it next year.
And I was told at some point (forgive me) that there was someone I should meet.... I can't remember who though and i don't want to read through all of the threads to find it..... Sorry....
Well, if it was me, don't worry because I can't remember either. Lotesse maybe? Hmm...
*puts on Jurassic Park theme just to get it out of my head from when it got stuck during that dinosaur museum I worked at half the day*
Old 03-19-2006, 11:12 PM   #847
Elanor's Angel
Elf Lord

That may be it.... *blushes* Sorry....
Hello!

Old 03-19-2006, 11:16 PM   #848
Spaceman Spiff

Quote:
Originally Posted by trolls' bane
Well, if it was me, don't worry because I can't remember either. Lotesse maybe? Hmm...
*puts on Jurassic Park theme just to get it out of my head from when it got stuck during that dinosaur museum I worked at half the day*
TB, how's it going buddy, ol pal, ol chum.

I love the Jurassic Park theme. I find myself humming it all the time.
Old 03-19-2006, 11:16 PM   #849
trolls' bane

Quote:
That may be it.... *blushes* Sorry....
Hello!
Hello! *sits down in chair, seeming to be fascinated with almost everything in the room* *pours some of namesake drink into the otherwise forgotten and unnoticed plant*
Soo...What's goin' on everyone?
I bet none of you have ever touched a trilobite, nor the actual cast of a full-size tyrannasaur skull, nor the held up and actual meteorite that felt like it weighed forty pounds, and touched an actual dinosaur egg fossil!
(Have you? )
Old 03-19-2006, 11:21 PM   #850
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

No, I don't think so, trolls' bane. At least - not that I can remember. *thinksthinks* Hmm. No, I don't think I've ever held a meteorite; that I think I'd remember for sure. Something from outside our earth's atmosphere! Very cool. Where'd you see all this stuff, trolls' bane?

Ciao Farimir, too; I see you're here tonight!

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Old 03-19-2006, 11:26 PM   #851
Elanor's Angel
Elf Lord

Yes I have, Not the Meteor part, but the rest of it. My brother is way into dinos. At the age of 4 he could pronounce the latin names of more dinos than I could count. He looks at skelitons in pictures and identifies them, sayes all the information about them you could ever want to know, and then some, and lists the familys they are in.... that's my brother! (I've picked up a few things)
Woah Deja Vu!

Old 03-19-2006, 11:28 PM   #852
Elanor's Angel
Elf Lord

oh, hello Hello! (I think I'm supposed to meet you for some reason....) Nice to meet you! *Shakes hand*
I'm one of the lame ones who have huge gaps in my visits, even though i've been a member for a while now....

Old 03-19-2006, 11:30 PM   #853
Spaceman Spiff

Hi Tessa! I reached the 500 mark!

*does the mash potatoe and begins to do the twist when he notices people watching*

You have to help me pick a new title. Maybe do what Angel suggested and have a Name Faramir Contest.
Old 03-19-2006, 11:32 PM   #854
Elanor's Angel
Elf Lord

*laughs*
"Twist and shout!"

Old 03-19-2006, 11:33 PM   #855
trolls' bane

Quote:
Yes I have, Not the Meteor part, but the rest of it. My brother is way into dinos. At the age of 4 he could pronounce the latin names of more dinos than I could count. He looks at skelitons in pictures and identifies them, sayes all the information about them you could ever want to know, and then some, and lists the familys they are in.... that's my brother! (I've picked up a few things)
Woah Deja Vu!
Deja vu? You mean, real deja vu, not where you are just thinking about old times, but where you are doing something, and suddenly and instantl you are hit with the feeling that you had done that before exactly that way?
EDIT: Cool! Though as I said, archaeology isn't my primary interest, I am still quite intersted (a bit contradictory, would'nt you say?). Has he ever been on a dig? I would greatly recommend that maybe. Colorado and New Mexico are famous for that, and beleive it or not, Canada.

Lotesse, it was at TLD. It's some business. They come up every six months, but this is the first time I've been here at the same time they were. They also do a real funny show, too.
www.dinosaurrocka.com, I think.

Last edited by trolls' bane : 03-19-2006 at 11:34 PM.
Old 03-19-2006, 11:35 PM   #856
Elanor's Angel
Elf Lord

i mean real Deja Vu. The "I know I've done this before" when you know perfectly well you have'nt.....

Old 03-19-2006, 11:42 PM   #857
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Ciao, Farimir! Congratulazioni on reaching title-ready status! To pick a title for yourself, I'd say think of what you really love, or identify with or think is very cool about something in particular relating to - um, life, I guess. I picked "of the House of Feanor" because I was keeping in theme with Tolkien, this being a Tolkien inspired forum and all, and me loving Feanor as I do. It took me a while to come up with my title, too; you guys who haven't gotten titled yet - it's harder than you'd think. Takes some introspection.

And, Ciao, Elanor's Angel! Welcome back to Entmoot! Would you care for a glass of Chianti? And a nice plate of pasta?

Oh hey HEY!! HEY YOU! *baboon looks around, nonplussed.* That baboon just stole your pasta! And he's got the cajones to ask for a glass of chianti to go with it!! Oh, where is Teacup security when you need it. Who let the baboons out?

Old 03-19-2006, 11:51 PM   #858
trolls' bane

YAY! I'm not all alone in the list of victims of deja vu, for people my age. Must be something associated with smart people. (Did I mention I'm a pre-astrophysicist-in-training?)
That reminds me. I took a walk with the "dinosaur people" this morning because I got there too early (when I thought I was running late). We went through the North American branch of TLD, who's very tip is Eagle Canyon, which coincidentally has an eagle as both it's first and last exhibits (you can see the exit sidewalk through the eagle cage). The eagle was talking to anyone who said anything to it. I said "You're showing off, huh?" It replied, "Screag! Screag!" or osmething like that.
Old 03-19-2006, 11:53 PM   #859
Spaceman Spiff

Have no fear, Billy has that dirty monkey in his sites.

Old 03-19-2006, 11:54 PM   #860
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

So the eagle verbally responded to the man? Not so unusual. You know, animals know a hell of a lot more than humans think they do. They know, man. Animals. They know.

Did you see my deja vu thread, you guys? I am dying to see someone tell a deja vu story there! Elanor's Angel, trolls' bane, Farimir, you guys have any good ones to share?

edit to add - Farimir, our new Tiger is so gorgeous!! But is he named Billy? Is he a "he?" I'm just curious, because I swear a few days ago in here when your tiger first came here, he - or she hooked up with Leroy the Liger. Am I trippin', or did they hook up? Or was it a long-lost family reunion? Because if they hooked up, well we all know what that means. It means they may have "caught the gay." Now that would be a gay couple that no one in even half their right mind would venture to mess with, not ever. Brokeback Teacup.

Last edited by Lotesse : 03-19-2006 at 11:58 PM.
Closed Thread