Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 08:26 PM   #841
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Reminds me of the tough time Earniel had getting rid of an infection I hope she is better soon!

Vent - unbeleeeeevable!!! After the car accident wrecked our car, our trailer and our 3 quads, now some kids hop on my son's scooter during study hall, and accidentally drive it into something and wreck it! I"m waiting to hear from the parents - we're getting a repair estimate. I hope they contact us and offer to pay for what their kids did. What else can we have totaled? Sheesh!

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Old 05-08-2009, 12:57 AM   #842
Mari
Elf Lady

>_< That sucks. I hope they pay up.

...The Earth laughs in flowers ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson, "Hamatreya"...
Old 05-08-2009, 10:30 AM   #843
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

My appeal for a different voice teacher has been dismissed by the head of the music department, and he wouldn't even meet with me in person.

Well this sure makes me feel like crap. Know why? Because all of the people who have been allowed to change to the teacher they want are the "good" singers. I guess I'm not good enough to be worth the same respect.

Oh well. I'll just hope that this teacher is good, and try to enter her studio with an open mind. I'm praying to be pleasantly surprised... at the very least she seems like a nice person from the one time I got to meet her last semester.
Old 05-08-2009, 11:21 AM   #844
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by R*an View Post
Reminds me of the tough time Earniel had getting rid of an infection I hope she is better soon!
Six months of my life I'll never get back. Still, at least I got rid of them in a shorter space of time than you of your foot trouble, or Mari from her medical troubles, so I can't complain, really. Here's to hoping your gran gets better soon, Mari. Maybe you need to lend her your mace, that seemed to help with me.

Quote:
What else can we have totaled? Sheesh!
Careful what you wish for! Although you sure have a hit a spot of bad luck when it comes to vehicles lately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
My appeal for a different voice teacher has been dismissed by the head of the music department, and he wouldn't even meet with me in person.

Well this sure makes me feel like crap. Know why? Because all of the people who have been allowed to change to the teacher they want are the "good" singers. I guess I'm not good enough to be worth the same respect.
Sheesh, that's low. What kind of department head goes about making his students feel second class? I at least hope things work out with the new teacher. Nice is a start at least...

You can always do like a singer that went to my school. When students for the school news paper later interviewed her she sure gave the school and some of her old teachers a piece of mind! Some at least were slightly embarrassed.
Old 05-09-2009, 05:13 AM   #845
Mari
Elf Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eärniel View Post
Six months of my life I'll never get back. Still, at least I got rid of them in a shorter space of time than you of your foot trouble, or Mari from her medical troubles, so I can't complain, really. Here's to hoping your gran gets better soon, Mari. Maybe you need to lend her your mace, that seemed to help with me.
Oh, I might! *looks happy for this solution*

Quote:
You can always do like a singer that went to my school. When students for the school news paper later interviewed her she sure gave the school and some of her old teachers a piece of mind! Some at least were slightly embarrassed.
Mwuhahahaha! I like this
I hope she can teach you a lot, Tess!

Old 05-11-2009, 07:08 PM   #846
Ingwe
Elven Warrior

Well the whole last two months have been really ****ed up. Yeah...my wife was in the hospital for a while, didn't appear to do much good because now her depression is pretty much still the same. Add to that, everything's completely insane around here, wondering if we're all going to be moving in a couple of months or not - I don't think anyone here wants to move, so that's probably going to end up being out of the question. Plus moving north would defeat the purpose of wanting to move south instead, which is what we all wanted to do in the first place, but in moving north there's more opportunity, but until the problems here are dealt with, bam, outta luck.

And I'm pretty much feeling no different than I was several months ago. Closed a site down because everyone thought it was a really awesome and tubular idea to simply attack me, and my family, just because you know, they happened to agree with me on certain issues such as who's been acting like douchebags and who hasn't. I just couldn't deal with it anymore, finally shut the pieceas*it down, and now I'm riding on a cloud since then. So there's some good and bad to it - mostly the bad that's finally in the past now and can be left to rot, and mostly good in the present and future which I think is just awesome!

Summer's around the corner, and all these various problems going on I'm sure should be eliminated soon. If not I'll keep giving it my best shot, what else am I going to do? Just give up and make the situation worse? Nah. I'm done with running from trouble. I took care of one problem, the problem from which all other problems seemed to have stemmed from, and now there are very few problems left to deal with, but they're biggies. The moving deal...yeah. The fact that anyone who was management at where I worked had to get what they call "reassigned" - yeah... So, pfft, I'm outta work for now, unless I am to consider the settlement pay for all management in the organization that pretty much can take care of you for a few months, after that we're all down s**t creak with not so much as even a boat!!! Something will surface to this, as it is most likely that I along with everyone else who got *ahem* "reassigned" will be able to return within a couple of weeks, unless more drama, politics, and bs goes on.

You see, on the monitor that would describe my life in the past few years, blue would mean I'm alright. Red would mean totally screwed. Here's the last few years in a nutshell...

2006: yellow (eh, nothing special)
2007: red (talk about a lousy year)
2008: green (not too bad at all, mostly)
2009: sort of green and blue, until everything after April began, and this past week it's been in the orange, approaching red

Some I'm at elevated alert. Yellow alert is usually pretty bad, but orange is not good at all and red...let's not even talk about red. I like the color red, but not the condition level. Red alert usually means a lot of bad things going down at once.

So the severity of the situation could be huge, but it probably will only last for a short time if anything. So I'm confident that things will improve as summer comes around the bend. No more strange weather, and maybe new opportunities. And hopefully my wife will soon get over her depression. It's like...most of the time she's just fine and happy. But then 10% of the time...well that's what I worry about. It reminds me of how my mom used to get.
Old 05-12-2009, 10:48 AM   #847
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

I'm sorry to hear that, Ingwe! I feel for you - my life has basically been a red since we moved to Phoenix. I knew it would be tough here, but ... whew!

I'd just encourage you to stay on top of the post-partum depression - she needs to be on medications to help her body's chemicals settle down. Don't get off them early! I'm glad it's only 10% of the time - my sister-in-law's sister had to stay in the hospital for a while after her second child.

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Old 05-12-2009, 01:59 PM   #848
Mari
Elf Lady

Ingwe, I hope things will get better for you and the fam.
I'll pray for you if you want, or just think of you if you'd rather I do that

Old 05-20-2009, 06:38 PM   #849
Earniel

Echo died.

Now there was one elephant matriach that was so awesome, words can't describe her.

*sigh*
Old 05-26-2009, 02:53 PM   #850
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

There will be no new comics coming out on Wednesday because of Memorial Day. In a way, I don't mind so much because it's Memorial Day... I mean, I have a great respect for the day .

... but on the other hand, I wont be able to get meh comic books till next week because I'll be leaving early Thursday morning to visit my grandparents.

... no new comic books.
Old 05-26-2009, 03:10 PM   #851
sisterandcousinandaunt
Elf Lord

I'm sorry about the comic books.

Here. make fun of cats.
http://www.edgycat.com/

Cool. I want one.

TMNT

No, I'm not emo. I just have a really poor sense of direction. (Thanks to katya for this quote)

This is the best news story EVER!
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26087293/

“Often my haste is a mistake, but I live with the consequences without complaint.”...John McCain

"I shall go back. And I shall find that therapist. And I shall whack her upside her head with my blanket full of rocks." ...Louisa May
Old 05-29-2009, 03:19 PM   #852
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Location: Mirkwood, well actually I live in North-west Scania, Sweden
I usually spend my weekends with Mum at her place. For the past month my sister has lived with us. Her daughter has been living with us since last September.

They, my sis, youngest nephew, my niece and her bf have a way of dominating the conversation at dinner.

And, another thing, my niece has done sod all to help mum around the house.
Lotta, my niece, hasnt even been able to keep her room in order. Clothes, paper and books all over the floor in allconsuming chaotic mess. Once in a while she makes an effort to restore a semblance of order - but it is failure waiting to happen. She has inherited this trait from her mum - my sis - she also is incapable of keeping this in order. Here to a chaotic mess is present.

Her son, my youngest nephew, is the pretty spoilt. Only wants curry to everything and he gets it too. He points and she gives.

This is evening, sis being her usual domineering self, objected to us being quiet and in particular mum, she and her daughter thought mum rude because she was sighing a bit. We both, me and mum feel that we have nothing to contribute with to the dinner conversation. All revolves around what is interesting to my sis and her spawn.

A world-class row erupted - sis and lotta on one side - shouting at the top of their voices - and mum getting ever so angry at them.

I simply couldnt take it anymore and - thankfully - I can go into town to escape this conflagration.

I pity Mum tho - she has to take whatever sis and her spawn dishes out.

And to top it all off - sis has in mind to STAY here and have her oldest son live in the room which Lotta will have vacated when she graduates.

I dont believe for a minute that David will be anymore helpful than Lotta was.

He, as Lotta, will live their own little lives, not caring or bothering with anything but their own concerns.

I think this kind of behaviour is atrocious in the extreme. I dont understand it.

And sis has the gall to say that her children are well-brough-up. I cant really se any of that in them.

Anyway, I will offer mum to come here and stay, when she calls - which she will.
Old 05-29-2009, 03:36 PM   #853
Mari
Elf Lady

*sigh* So she's back to stay eh?
About Lotta, I know it annoys you and I see where you're coming from and I do agree with you, but don't forget that they are children who still think everything will be done for them as it always was. It's probably not intentional rudeness, just... not-thinking rudeness.

Well, if you need to talk, you know where to find me. By the by, would your b-i-l agree to his wife and children staying in Sweden while he resides elsewhere?

My own little vent (very small one): I got a card today congratulating me on my coming Confirmation and an apology for not being able to attend. Very nice and very thoughtful, but... WHO ARE THE PEOPLE WHO SENT IT!?!? Not even my mum knows who they are and it's practically her job to know everyone >_<
Maybe I'm being stalked...

Old 05-29-2009, 03:48 PM   #854
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Not only that - Lotta shouted that mum had ruined her stay here and made her a life a living hell!! - and Sis has the gall to stand there agree!!

Lotta has had all the FLAMING freedom she can have. We have NOT interfered in anything concerning her life and studies.

And she also shouted at mum that she thinks that mum lies all the time and complains. And sis said that the house wasnt mum's but the estate of the deceased.

She is obviously nuts -and have serious problems.
Old 05-29-2009, 03:53 PM   #855
Mari
Elf Lady

Oh wow, that's seriously overstepping a few boundaries. At least, it would be in my book. However, it is your mother who will have to handle it. Offering her a temporary refuge or a day out is probably the only thing you can do. Or talk to your sister, but I guess we both know how that will end.

Old 05-29-2009, 03:55 PM   #856
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

I might as well try to stop a flow of lava with a watering can.
Old 05-29-2009, 04:28 PM   #857
Mari
Elf Lady

Weeeell... if you keep refilling it...
Besides: doesn't water and lave make new land? Very good land too!

Old 06-01-2009, 06:57 AM   #858
Rosie Gamgee
The Lovely Hobbit-Lass

Me and my BIG FAT mouth!!! You think I'll ever learn to shut up? Actually, it's not really the fact that I opened my mouth--it's the fact that I was thinking about what I eventually said in the first place. If I'd been paying closer attention, it would have never had to come up. And now it has, and I've really stuck my foot in it. What is wrong with me sometimes??
How can I take this losing hand and somehow win?

Just give me One Good Year To get my feet back on the ground.
I've been chasing grace; Grace ain't so easily found
One bad hand can devil a man, chase him and carry him down.
I've got to get out of here, just give me One Good Year!
Old 06-02-2009, 01:49 AM   #859
Rían

Isn't it ironic how people who impose themselves on other people (and probably don't pay rent?) give such a hard time? Sorry, GW! Well, at least you're a comfort and help to your mom!

Well, after 51 days - FIFTY-ONE! - we finally got an offer in writing from the insurance company representing the truck driver that crashed into us and totaled our new car, trailer, and 3 quads.

And they have the NERVE to say the rental car that they are giving us (since they DESTROYED our car) will only continue on through this Friday.

OK, so you say that the claim was complicated and that's why you took FIFTY-ONE days to get a claim to us, then expect US, in FOUR days, to analyze the claim, discuss it with you, come to an agreement, sign the papers, wait for the check in the mail, find a new car, buy it, and wire it up for a scooter lift for our son?

Sorry, buster - you guys took FIFTY-ONE days - we're not getting bullied into FOUR! You will receive our counter-offer in a few days because we're trying to do this in a timely manner and get over it, but our counter-offer will include, among other things, you providing a rental car through a week AFTER we get the check from you

Jerks.

Last edited by Rían : 06-02-2009 at 01:51 AM.
Old 06-02-2009, 01:23 PM   #860
Earniel

Well, darn, the nerve of some people. Jerks seems the appropriate word here.

Reminds me of our lovely head office: could we come in to sign a very important contract that we hadn't even seen or read that the head office took a bloody month longer than agreed to write up? And oh, could we drop everything we were doing -nothing we were doing could possibly be as important as their time- and drive over an hour to sigh it right now? Yeah... riiight. NOT.

Good that you won't allow them to bully you.