Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2002, 04:48 PM   #821
Eruviel Greenleaf
Alcoholic Villain-Fancying Elf Pirate

eh. she has plenty of friends from other halls. we all know ponderosa is superior though

Maybe she has a reason. Oh well.

Sorry for your finger. Ouch, that's gotta hurt.

I hate people who think they are the only ones with anything significant to say and therefore talk nearly the entire time during class and don't let other people speak because of course to them only they can have something to say. Argh! How am I supposed to participate in a discussion when they're always doing all the talking and not letting other people talk! Arr!

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found only a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse is superior to the world."
-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Old 09-13-2002, 04:56 PM   #822
Elfmaster XK
Possessive Villain Fancier

Ponderosa! That's a steak house...isn't it? It was in Florida three years ago.

Oooooh, such good food....*smacks self* I hate that i force myself to do stupid things! Like go to chinese lessons that i would love to do, but have no time to do!

My soul is painted like the wings of butterflies,
Fairytales of yesterday will grow but never die,
I can fly - my friends.

XK
Old 09-13-2002, 05:06 PM   #823
Eruviel Greenleaf

Ponderosa as in Ponderosa pine. It's part of a five buildings all together called forest

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found only a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse is superior to the world."
-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Old 09-13-2002, 05:10 PM   #824
Comic Book Guy
Best Ex-Administrator ever

Stick to the original topic everybody.
Old 09-13-2002, 10:19 PM   #825
Erawyn
Elven Warrior

I hate arrogant people. Just because you KNOW more, doesn't mean you are smarter than everybody. Just because you lived in Singapore where they do nothing but math and science doesn't mean for 80 minutes of science class you have to complain about how easy it is and how slow everybody else is, and most of all none of this gives you the right to tell me (in so many words) that i have absolutely no chance of getting into a UWC!!!!!!!!!!

"Be not so bigoted to any custom as to worship it at the expense of Truth."
Johann Georg von Zimmermann
Old 09-13-2002, 10:32 PM   #826
TinuvielChild
Padawan

I really, really, really, really, really, REALLY hate colds!!!!! And I hate getting bruises from the sharp corners of tables which are exactly the right height to jab me again and again in the exact same spot where a different table originally got me....and I hate having never made chainmail before so I have merely a semi-inkling of what I'm doing when it actually counts as a grade for the evillest teacher in the school (evil in a bad way, guys, not the normal evil). I also hate having to extract a kitten from inside a pipe organ! (if you want to know, pm me)

Dance as though nobody's watching.
Sing as though nobody's listening.
Dream as though you'll live forever.
Live as though you'll die tomorrow.

EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMEDDCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO and proud!

FRODO LIVES!!!!!

Last edited by TinuvielChild : 09-13-2002 at 10:36 PM.
Old 09-13-2002, 10:38 PM   #827
TinuvielChild
Padawan

Oh, and I hate people who mutilate the beautiful German language.... pronouncing "Tochter" so it sounds like "toaster", and forgetting that the letter "v" is pronounced as an "f" and saying "she" instead of "sie"......*screams of anguish from the purist in the corner* bloody idiots...

Plus they can't answer the simplest questions, staring blankly at the Frau as though they had never had a day of German before in their life, when they're in the second week of German 2!!!!! meh.....*pitiful whimpers from the purist in the cormer*...

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
Old 09-14-2002, 02:19 PM   #828
Elfmaster XK
Possessive Villain Fancier

Quote:
Originally posted by Comic Book Guy
Stick to the original topic everybody.
Cool! I hate that places round here aren't that cool, and also that CBG told us to stay on topic! I did say i hated something!

My soul is painted like the wings of butterflies,
Fairytales of yesterday will grow but never die,
I can fly - my friends.

XK
Old 09-14-2002, 08:31 PM   #829
olsonm
Elf Lord

I dislike bee stings. My poor thumb.
Old 09-14-2002, 08:39 PM   #830
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Grrrr. Universe is conspiring against me again, I'm sure of it! I was innocently (well, as innocently as I know how) playing THE single best adventure game ever - The Longest Journey, amazing european game - when it (that is, my stupid PC) decided to hang the game, right before the best part - Burns Flipper!!! I thought, okay, I haven't saved for a while, I'll just re-load, and play it up to that point. Fine. I did that. And I saved right before the point it hanged, just in case... and it #$%@ing hanged again!!!!! Aaaaarrrrrrrgggghhhh!!!!!

Am now going to go and CLEAN the CD. If this doesn't work, the world will feel my wrath!
Old 09-15-2002, 12:23 AM   #831
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Quote:
Originally posted by Elfmaster XK
I hate that i can't find anywhere near where i live that sells nocks and glue! Is that too much to ask from society? Some small plastic pointy things and some glue!!!! Gah! Damn the world! * gumbles and stalks off*
Hey, give F/S Discount Archery a call to get a catalog - they're great and ship really fast! (800) 824-8261. Also, check out the Archery/Swordmanship thread in the Middle Earth forum - I'm trying to get some fellow archers in to talk there!

whoops - *checks thread title* - um, ok, I hate that I just got in a dozen new Beman carbon arrows and I busted one the first day! (went off to the right a bit and hit the plywood instead of the hay bale - oh well )

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!

Last edited by Rían : 09-15-2002 at 12:26 AM.
Old 09-15-2002, 12:35 AM   #832
Tanoliel
Eccentric Chocolate Crow

Well, I hate the fact that you do archery and I don't!

I also hate this heat we're having...RRRRRRR! Why couldn't it have been hot during the summer? Why now? Why now when I have to spend all this time at school and inside doing homework? Gahhhh!
I also hate that I have an overactive imagination. Usually it's a nice thing....but not after one sees "Signs" and then thinks she's seeing aliens everywhere...and freaks herself out beyond comprehension for no reason whatsoever. Good Gad! (Yes, I'm aware that I'm speaking to myself in third person...I don't care...)

Food Of The Gods:
3,7-dihydro-3,7-dimethyl-1H-purine-2,6-dione

Feed Me....

Another Online Dwelling Place...

"All right, I confess. It is my intention to comandeer a ship, pick up a crew in Tortuga, to rape, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out." -Captain Jack Sparrow

"The trouble with unknown enemies is that they are so difficult to identify." -Amelia Peabody Emerson

"Most people obey the orders of someone who is pointing a gun at their head." -A.P. Emerson

Old 09-15-2002, 12:52 AM   #833
Eruviel Greenleaf

I hate the stupid network here, it's reeaaally slow sometimes. But I can't complain; at least I have internet access and it's not always slow. Still, I've been waiting about 40 min for this song...

-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Old 09-15-2002, 01:08 AM   #834
Nibs
Head Hollara

Quote:
i thwacked the bowstring on my arm AGAIN yesterday! Big bruise. But it's worth it. I still hate it though!
Don't you have a wrist guard? Rather inexpensive and effective.

Anyway, I despise it when people can't let go of things that don't matter and decide to share their "problems" (which really aren't problems) with me... you might know the type... "so-and-so said this about me... well, let me tell you something about so-and-so..." I try to be a voice of reason... "well, what do you have to prove to so-and-so?" "Nothing," he replies, "but...". and so on. I stop listening after "nothing", but they don't get the hint! Move on with life, I imply. But they don't.

*snarl, hiss*

I like to think this doesn't qualify as the same thing, assuming that at least some of you have this problem with other people. For goodness' sake, just LET GO... or maybe we could pair the aforementioned offenders up with someone that will nod and grunt "mmm hmmm..." after everything they say. Whichever takes those people further away from me.

Ever heard of Mormons? I'm one. Click here to know more about us.
Old 09-15-2002, 02:28 PM   #835
TinuvielChild
Padawan

I hate having to do English homework. I hate having to do the dishes. I hate being forced to go to church (I have nothing against church, in fact I like church, it's the "being forced to" part that bugs me).

I hate not being able to do archery because I'm already waaaay too overcommitted for this year. I hate having not gotten the Fencing Club on its feet yet, and therefore possibly not having it up this year at all. I hate that my signature is already way too full, so I can't add Crowley's thing from Good Omens that Tano has in hers ("The angel that did not so much fall as saunter vaguely downwards"). I hate when we get off topic so that CBG has to yell at us.

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
Old 09-15-2002, 03:06 PM   #836
galadriel88
Halfwitted Queen of Lothlorien

I hate saying stupid, idiotic things all the time and then regretting it. I hate seeing things in the right perspective. Now I know why the say "Ignorance is bliss." I'm glad I see things the right way now but at the same time I hate it because I have to give up so much and now I see a whole bunch more mistakes I've made! Aaaaaaaah!!!!!

+Every good thing that comes into my life is only a reflection of the greatest gift of all; the offering of yourself, dear Son of God+

Always remember, you're uniqe, just like everybody else!

"The one constant through all the years has been the Trombone. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. Its been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again, but the Trombone has marked the time. This field, this section, this band is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and could be again. Oh, people will come . . . people will most definitely come."
Old 09-15-2002, 04:40 PM   #837
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Quote:
i thwacked the bowstring on my arm AGAIN yesterday! Big bruise. But it's worth it. I still hate it though!
Ouch! really painful... then you have to wear long sleeve shirts for two weeks if you don't feel like explaining over and over... I found something that really worked for me - whenever I start thwacking my arm, I find that the shoulder of the arm holding the bow has started to go up too high. When I keep it low, it entirely eliminates the thwacking problem. Practice just lifting your arm from down by your side to straight out, just rotating from the socket. Hope it works for you!

AND .. I hate missing my weekly archery sessions because soccer season has started!!

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Old 09-15-2002, 04:46 PM   #838
HobbitChick88
Elven Warrior

I love it when it rains.....oh, wait. Venting Thread. sorry.
I hate having NO good music to listen to and having to put up with all my sister's punk/rock music becauseI have no good music or because when I actually have something to listen to, the batteries on my CD player go out!!!!! AAAAAAAAAARGH!!!!!

"And if it seems evil to you to serve the Lord, choose for yourselves this day whose you will serve, whether the gods which your fathers served, or the gods of the Amorites in whose land you dwell. But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord."
-Joshua 24:15

Step follows step,
Hope follows courage.
Set your face toward danger
Set your heart on victory!

"Where is Elizabeth?"
"She's safe, just like I promised. She's all set to marry Norrington just like she promised, and you get to die for her just like you promised. So we're all men of our word, really....except for Elizabeth who is, in fact, a woman."
~Will Turner and Jack Sparrow, POTC

fROdO LIVeS!!!!
Old 09-15-2002, 06:21 PM   #839
TinuvielChild
Padawan

Page 42...the answer to life the universe and everything.

I hate not using punctuation, even when I do it on purpose; it irks my inner proof-reader.

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
Old 09-15-2002, 06:31 PM   #840
Eruviel Greenleaf

I hate how cold I am! As usual...

I hate it when my friend doesn't check her email enough! Ergh.

-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Closed Thread