FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2005, 05:36 PM   #821
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterbeer
A note written in blood to the masked mysterious and evil catographer:

ok, so the new updated map and the controversial teaching schedule is up in the street

HEH! ...why do i have to be Mr Pink?
Mysterious Evil Cartographer bows.

Mr Pink? because of your class this year, of course!

Loved your post Lotesse. And your also, Serenoli, and LMM, and Rian
Old 11-22-2005, 05:42 PM   #822
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

OK, Tyaron's in Tuesday, but he won't bother you guys ... I just had an interesting idea and wanted to post for him.

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Old 11-22-2005, 06:03 PM   #823
Telcontar_Dunedain
Warrior of the House of Hador

Udu, the quiet talk has been arranged. Maybe Khamûl will show you his new office.
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

The Silmarillion, Nirnaeth Arnoediad, Page 230
Old 11-22-2005, 06:04 PM   #824
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

well, what about mr purple? ... or maybe mr lavender, as a compromise?

mr pinky-purple??

mr purply-pink???

mr lavender-pinky-purple????

*damned if i can remember any lines from resevoir dogs...*

soooooooo ...

TD ..could i ask you to edit your post for barli, so that he gives nothing away ...going to keep things close to his chest ...
Old 11-22-2005, 06:06 PM   #825
Telcontar_Dunedain

Sure, just post or PM me your requests.
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

Old 11-22-2005, 06:09 PM   #826
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

TD - you mean, cruel Nazgul you! Cutting short Lilly's shopping trip?!?! Of all the cruel things!

(and I love how Khamul thought about leaving Rian's bags to get stolen! )

A couple of things on your post - Rian worked at the Red Herring for a while, so they would know her there - he could just say he's leaving the bags for Rian.

Also, right now, Rian is standing outside the jewelry store looking at the window display, and Udu and Lilly are inside, along with the M's. If you want to interact with her, you can, or if you don't, Khamul could have just come to the store before Rian got there. Your call

EDIT - Nevermind - I just reread your post, and it looks like Khamul talked to Lilly AFTER the jewelry store, because Lilly left for Orrodel. Ahhh, too bad - Rian was SO looking forward to another pleasant conversation with Prof. G!

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Last edited by Rían : 11-22-2005 at 06:14 PM.
Old 11-22-2005, 06:24 PM   #827
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

Quote:
“Hello constable. Is there a problem?” said Khamûl, coming into the kitchen.
“Well yes sir, there is. Your maid, Melwen. Well I’m afraid she’s dead sir,” said Barliman. “Jumped off the bridge this morning”
A brief smile passed over Khamûl’s face, before it turned to mock horror.
“Well do you know what drove her to do it? She always seemed so happy. Someone must have forced her to do it,” replied the Professor.
Suddenly Watson trotted up to Khamûl and started barking incessantly. Khamûl turned his piercing gaze to the dog, which suddenly wilted, before turning it’s tail and running out of the house no longer barking, but making a sound which resembled the sound of a yelp more than a bark or anything else a dog in Tharbad usually made.
“Well, no sir. I was rather hoping that someone here could help us with that. But Zimra here has no idea, and she was my best hope,” replied the constable, after a strange look at where his trusty sidekick had been standing.

yeah, it's the "jumped off the bridge this morning"

he's not going to make that clear just yet ...

and the last line .... " I was rather .... best hope"

Firstly he hasn't yet hardly asked zimra any questions ... he would not either confirm or deny any suggestions either way that there may or may not be anything untoward with the death, he would not say " zimra is our best hope"

..oh yeah and the "well, no sir" bit!

so, everything he said!

actually i liked the post, he just needs to not give anything away till he has at least talked to zimra further after the reaction by the door ... and espcially after what khamul has said too ...

Constable BB would also enquire politely who he was .... it may also not be wise to say that lilly not Rian employed her ... though he could always say well he left it to Lilly to employ Rian to employ melwen ... so thats not really here nor there, but it might make him suspicious, needlessly?

Last edited by Butterbeer : 11-22-2005 at 06:34 PM.
Old 11-22-2005, 06:52 PM   #828
CrazySquirrel
Shape-shifting, men-grabbing NAZGUL

TD!! We have cross-posted, sorry.

Could you do one thing for it to fit? Please take away the second part of your post starting with:

"He did not have to look long for Lily. As usual she was talking loudly, but not to Khamûl's surprise, Penny. It was Udu....."

Please, put this part in a new post AFTER MINE!

Then Khamul grabs Lilly AFTER she leaves the shop an all fits.

OK??
Old 11-22-2005, 06:54 PM   #829
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

heh, nice post there CS!

boy is Lilly a handful!

A handful of trouble mainly!

belly dancing at the jewellers!

mind, you seem to have cross posted with TD a bit....

You wanna come for a drink with bumble and jas .... we'd appreciate your lively antics!
Old 11-22-2005, 07:01 PM   #830
Telcontar_Dunedain

Okay, have edited. Is that okay with everyone?

Old 11-22-2005, 07:05 PM   #831
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

thanks TD

yeah, leaves barli more room for manoverue ... damn can't speel that!

actually your post ref udu wanting a chat about lilly actually works much better after the belly dancin' scene!

best BB
Old 11-22-2005, 07:08 PM   #832
CrazySquirrel

TD, now I think about it, Khamul spoke with BB just before noon. What did he do till 3 PM when he was supposed to bring Rian's bags to Herring?? It is hardly 20 min walk from Orrodel! And Lilly was still shopping with Udu at 4 PM.
Old 11-22-2005, 07:10 PM   #833
Rían

I'm sure I have plenty of time faults in my posts that's why I try to be so vague!

Old 11-22-2005, 07:15 PM   #834
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

ahh well, if it comes to that what the flip did constable bb do since leaving the red herring early that morn before arriving at orrodel????

...probably best not too worry about it! technically he should have been at orodel around 830-930am ...even the watch can't dawdle that slowly!

all this jumping around in time gets complicated ... for eg i had to avoid rian at the red herring, i crossed your's (lillies) and buz's path near the market and then had to navigate around other's time keeping both at orrodel and universities ... a simple walk from the herring to orrodel was a time maze!

Ty on the sly is already in tommorow....

edit**

actually barli apparently arrived at orrodel at 1030am, (a 2 hr walk!) so it could not be later than 1050am or so befoire khamul enters the kitchen ...

but maybe he (khamul) dropped the garments off in the morning just missing rian who has gone off to class? ...Mrs miggins and her staff at the Red herring are very forgetful aren't they??

(remember Constable BB asked them to let him know if Rian came in! He'd be wanting a word with her ...)

and then (khamul) on the next post after yours goes later to find lilly??

Last edited by Butterbeer : 11-22-2005 at 07:24 PM.
Old 11-22-2005, 07:20 PM   #835
CrazySquirrel

Eh... Well, then. Fine with me.

And thanks, TD for editing!
Old 11-22-2005, 07:30 PM   #836
Rían

yeah, I'm just not worrying too much about times ... I think morning, afternoon, evening and night are just fine I like to leave it vague and assume it would just work out, unless there's some monster time error, like someone claiming to see Tyaron Monday night, when he left town in the afternoon.

Ty's in Tuesday, yes, but he won't be any trouble a'tall to anyone (at least not until he gets back...) I just had that conversation in my head and wanted to post it before I forgot it.

Last edited by Rían : 11-22-2005 at 07:31 PM.
Old 11-22-2005, 07:53 PM   #837
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Quote:
Originally Posted by R*an
TD - you mean, cruel Nazgul you! Cutting short Lilly's shopping trip?!?! Of all the cruel things!

(and I love how Khamul thought about leaving Rian's bags to get stolen! )
Yes, some nazgul are just EEE-vil!

CS, great dance!

BB,
"well, what about mr purple? ... or maybe mr lavender, as a compromise?

mr pinky-purple??

mr purply-pink???

mr lavender-pinky-purple????"

Like that??
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bumble.jpg (5.3 KB, 17 views)
Old 11-22-2005, 08:03 PM   #838
Rían

*clutches her purse and shopping bags tightly* Go AWAY, you eeeeeevil Nazgul!!

*looks at attachment*
Awww, that new Bumble thing is cuuuuute!!!!

(poor BB, having to put up with us girls!)

Old 11-22-2005, 08:06 PM   #839
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

mmm ...kinda lavenderish blue with pink hearts??

why didn't i think of that?

yup, that's much better!

cheers!

best BB
Old 11-23-2005, 01:16 AM   #840
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterbeer

... lets hope it does not lead to a Tarantino style shoot out ....

HEH! ...why do i have to be Mr Pink?

Nice writing all. esp Udu and CS ....

CS ... udu-joi ( ) je noticed le post de "cop" again!

Now you may think he's a cop, fine, *mumbles* ... though he's the Watch! ...but the use of "Cop" in the main rpg is hardly tolkienesque is it?

*sighs, mumbles AND accidentelly sits on the "exapseration" button*

Cop just, at least to me, seems really out of place and conjures completely different meanings ...
LOL!!!!! BB, you're funny! Well, don't get TOO bent out of shape about the "cop" word; it's NOT a derogatory term or anything! Cop is short for copper, because law enforcement men & YES, watchmen, were called coppers for the copper buttons on their uniforms, back in the day. Not EVERYthing has to be picture perfect canon! Good lord, if that were the case, then like three quarters of our entire RPG would have to be held to task. I wouldn't get too ruffled were I you, I mean "cop" is NOT a bad word at all. For real!!! I oughta know... I've run into enough of them!

And that Tarantino reference made my night! Quentin is THE BOMB. Anyway. You guys, I was trying to log in a few hours ago, when I COULD moot, (at my man's ofice,) and the server was down for Entmoot.Tolkientrail. Anyone else get that early this evening Pacific Coast Time? I'm at the hotel right now, can't stay online. It's ten dollars an hour here and my man won't cover my mooting costs, dammit.

AND - Rian et al, thanx 4 the nice compliment!

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Last edited by Lotesse : 11-23-2005 at 01:19 AM.
Closed Thread